/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Got pranked by his girlfriend
>1.14 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/1876157984141980396

>Discord-sponsored event
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScKzpuOdtJXeAb-4EoXlKN0cd9uDXNtzfVZmsIZgUNcFe3r7g/viewform?usp=sf_link

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/196810
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

not first

not second

This thread has been blessed with the blessing of [DRAGON SIS].

Tfw no ps4fcbfs

Cute Lothric Dragons!

don't open this

do NOT open this

>girlfriend
She was a stalker.

oops forgot to spoiler :^)

ya fuckd it

It's already open

Every fight in DS 3 is like that.

You need a very fast hitting weapon, dodge one part of the combo then go in with a fast attack, repeat that pattern on almost every boss.

So I'm playing through DaS3 for the first time and I wanna go with my usual knight sword n board build. The lack of poise is really throwing me off though. Is it still playable this way? Or do I have to go dex/crit fag shit?

Use a bigger weapon

>opponent just gets out of stunlock early ant combos an R1 out of a trade somehow
simple epic

the smallest weapons with hyper armor on normal moves is 2 handing maces and 2 handing claymores. Anything that is a similar or bigger size will give you "poise" during your swings.

How do we fix the afk host problem?

bigger weapons are shit in pve in DS3 because they are too slow meaning you get hit by the boss's 3-6 hit combo.

dex won't really help, swords like longsword / darksword are excellent for pve because you need a very fast hitting weapon. This is because most bosses go like this :

boss does combo: you get 1 hit in while the boss does his combo or shortly after he has done it then roll / hide away again.

>tears and lightning arrow
are you actually able to get instakills with it?

it does like 350 damage lul

Anyone on PS4 need help with anything or want to do some team arena?

Sunlight straight sword or lightning lothric sword for a 60 FTH build?
Latter might have a higher AR and useful WA in PVP, but it's split damage, unbuffable, and has a high DEX requirement so I dunno

Oh. I figured the hole gimmick was to just go for a garunteed trade and use tears to win

R1 spam is the most powerful way to play DaS3. And the Longsword is one of the best straight swords to do this with.

depends on whats in your left hand

If WA shield, use lothric, if dragonhead shield, use sunlight. Or just use sunlight if you don't actually use the sword that much, the buff affects your miracle damage as well.

So Splitleaf Greatsword can poise through my fucking DRAGONSLAYER GREATAXE R1 R1 and combo me from FULL FUCKING HEALTH while I'm unembered with Lightning Blade.

What the fuck is this bullshit??

The other day I was telling people here not to criticise FROMSOFT for failing to balance their game and that they were doing their best etc... I was wrong. These fucking idiots are completely INEPT at balancing the most basic shit. This shit will likely never get patched because Miyazaki's girlfriend obviously uses halberds in PvP.

Yes, I'm mad.

Is there a SINGLE good thing about the zweihander? At 66 str with heavy infusion, it gets about 606 damage... that's the most it can get.The Astora GS gets about 20 more damage when you go full dex for similar stat investment and can go even further. Everything the zwei does can be done better almost all other UGS.

>Try to do some jolly cooperation for sunlight medals.
>Put down sign outside Dragonslayer Armor since it has 3 embers.
>Wait a couple minutes.
>Get a bite.
>Host is sliding around when I load in.
>Vibrates through the fog gate.
>Follow him in.
>He starts angrily sliding towards the Dragonslayer.
>Armor starts angrily vibrating towards him.
>Shield bashes the big city slider into a red paste before I can react.
>Host of embers has died. Returning to your world.
Guess I'll do some invasions instead.

probably doable with a high damage spell like sunlight spear, there's no specific reason why I have tears I just had the slots for it after upping attunement. I'll see if I can make that idea work, though i've yet to beat lord of cinder so that should be fun,

Crescent Axe with 99 dex: 517 AR (warcry, so half buffable)
Gundyr's Halberd with 66 str: 518 AR (unbuffable)
Splitleaf Halberd with 30 str: 518 AR (buffable, combos into WA)

What's also bullshit is all the once again we have stupid fucking combos that dish out absurd amounts of damage and stunlock you into you're either dead or in critical. It's like release day balance again in that regard.

alright, so I'm no good at pvp. I suck. But I don't want to. How do I get gud at pvp in ds3? Teach me your ways, /dsg/.

So I played Dark Souls 3 for a month or two after it came out and dropped it after I got the platinum trophy. I'm going to get both the DLCs this week but I just want to know what's changed since then. When I was playing, 40/40 was the OTB, Straight Swords were king with a few outliers such as the Carthus Curved Sword and DragonSlayer GreatAxe. You could never be invaded unless you had a phantom summoned which meant that every invasion was a gank.

What should I know going back into the game? What's changed and what level should I be before tackling either DLC? what's a decent PvP build?

1. Hit them until they die.
2. Don't get hit.

You're welcome.

I'm surprised you could actually go through the gate at all

Usually what happens is me and another sunbro just rest outside the fog wall while listening to the sweet sound of some aussie with shitty internet getting rekt because neither of us can interact with it.

roll

deserved for being a cancerous metamancer

>Pisspant Knight fanart

There is so much of this

Git gud
Don't get hit
Hit people until they die

I only need the darkmoon ring and the miracle to plat DS3, how tiresome is it to farm those conveant items?

:/

Babby's first fashion. Seriously though, how has the game changed in the last year or so?

>What should I know going back into the game?

Poise matters now if you're using a weapon or attack with hyperarmor to some extent, a lot of general attack animations were buffed, a lot of weapons were buffed or nerfed, and not much has changed in PvE beyond the DLC additions. The changes to infusions have made dedicated STR or DEX builds more optimal for most infusable weapons now over Quality which is a case by case basis for being positive or not.

>what level should I be before tackling either DLC?

60-80 for Ariandel, 80-100 for The Ringed City.

>what's a decent PvP build?

Quality, pure STR, pure DEX, STR/FAI, pyromancy/dark builds and INT are all good builds to work with at the moment.

best class in ds3 for dex?

>friendly phantom at the Settlement with Avelyn, Dragonslayer GA and Lorian's Greatsword

Somethin' don't feel right

Poise matters for hyper armor, especially if you're using things like halberds or maces or things without very strong poise health (yes, maces now have hyper armor when two handed). Greatswords were buffed and are probably the best weapon for stomping on randoms. Sword and board is still king, probably the best setup in the game for high tier PvP. 40/40 isn't the best anymore, with dedicated strength, dex or dark builds being better. Faith builds got buffed by the inclusion of Lightning Arrow, a very good offensive miracle.

As for invasions, I usually get instainvaded whenever I go solo to an area with a boss alive on PS4, but invasions are still ganks 99% of the time.

Dragonslayer Greataxe was never good.

Honestly, play with the frayed blade. Go 26/40 with it. It won't carry you but it doesn't have any seriously bad matchups (L2R2 on shield turtles). There's no point in practicing with a shit build unless you're already decent at the game; part of the reason why some people suck is that they use mediocre tools which rely more on the opponent fucking up than on the user being good.

And also learn basic setup parries. For example, with a small or caestus parry (and parry shields too I think), you can parry any third straightsword R1 by queuing a parry while your opponent R1-R1's you. You can also block one standing R1 or running R1 then parry their standing R1 followup pretty easily (though don't block something like a greatsword running attack). Against better opponents you're only going to be given the chance to parry the running attack if anything though. Rolling attacks also have fairly predictable timings, but again, good players are going to use these conservatively. Aside from the aforementioned setups out of block or hitstun, knowing how to parry comes from just being good at everything else. You should also watch backstab webms.

Don't go hollow bleed

For 60-80 Dex ironically Warrior, unless you want attunement for FP in which case Mercenary is most optimal.

>painter girl has her first period

is this the blood

the blood of my lady's hole

I agree, but then again, I won anyway

it actually has knight leggings instead of the pisspants though

Holy shit, why warrior? And I want to use the Murakumo, which i dont think requires a lot of attunement, right?

>bigger weapons are shit in pve in DS3 because they are too slow meaning you get hit by the boss's 3-6 hit combo.

you stupid fuck

CHARGED

R

ATTACKS

Sounds good, thanks.Is invading still ganking? Do any weapons stand out among the rest like Carthus Curved Sword. Has poise been reworked? I thought that it wasn't really a thing in DS3?

I can snooze to this type of cheese.

Are Luck builds viable?

I want to make a Str/Faith build in DS3. I'm also interested in using Blessed infusions.
Which weapon should I use?

Ciaran has some nice calves.

>Luck

lothric knight greatsword

Lothric Greatsword lightning infusion

next time, dodge in the Y axis, not the Z axis.

for kumo, definitely warrior for all the saved str leveling

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/196810

and you shouldnt need much fp because the kumo wa isnt that great

What kind of build do you use in arena?

Thank you guys.

Contrary to what people will tell you, the best way to think of poise in DS3 is to think of it exactly like DS1's poise. The glaring difference is that it's multiplied by 0 if you aren't using an attack with poise frames. Certain weapons (twohanded hammers and greatswords, halberds, curved greatswords, anything big) will instead multiply it by some number close to 1 (give or take 0.25 or so) for a brief period of time, where it'll function just like DS1 poise (with different breaks of course).

>Straight Swords were king
that was kindof a meme
Straightsword's biggest strength is that they free up your left hand and that they often work well as refined weapons, which means you can have str for a greatshield, unlike with a sharp estoc or something. The time between swings is very small but the actual startup is noticeably longer than twohanded curved swords or thrusting swords or daggers.

>You could never be invaded unless you had a phantom summoned which meant that every invasion was a gank.
This wasn't absolutely true, but it's close enough to being true that you may as well believe it.

>what level should I be before tackling either DLC?
100ish for the second one, give or take 10. Don't worry about being above it though. A little lower for the first one.

In terms of damage, what would be best? Blessed or Lightning LKGS?

This is taking into account the split damage.
Since its lightning, wouldn't making it lightning give you more damage than blessed even if bless has more AR at 35 FTH?

>Z
nigga he cant dodge into the air or below the ground. Hes stuck on the x and y axis. IF you can only move on a 2d plane you use x and y axis.

>people are still playing DS3

>buy ds3 on pc yesterday
Should I get a controller? If not any keyboard mapping recs?

Sorcerer, 60 INT build

Most invasions are still a host with 2-3 phantoms and now two Darkmoons can be summoned at any time along with those.

>Do any weapons stand out among the rest like Carthus Curved Sword.

See pic related.

>Has poise been reworked?

It was in Ashes of Ariandel's patch, basically poise matters more for poising through certain things and matters a lot with poise weapon v. poise weapon match-ups, look it up for all the details.

Thanks for the build. I kind of wanted to make my own since i wasnt gonna pvp but i might use this as a loose guideline or just rebirth into it

no problem. dont be afraid to fuck around with other weapons though. theres an axe in ashes, earth seeker? might be able to do some funny shit with that

>kumo wa isnt that great
>can't be parried
>poise boost
>mixups for those pesky quickstep fags

What kind of build do you think would pair best with that?

basically just anri's

on mugenmonkey the sunlight SS will typically look better, but the str/dex scaling on it got lowered (and this hasn't been updated on mugen) so now it's a tossup. Ingame the AR of SSS can come out 20 to 30 points lower depending on how much you invested in str/dex.

>names things 90% of weapon arts have
>forgets to mention that just rolling backwards defeats the kumo wa and it doesnt true combo

You should get a refund.

>don't know what to build next
Fuck

Does this hair color look good. I'm having a hard time find a nice natural looking red or reddish brown hair without making home girl look like some slut going through the mall goth phase.

Also 7 or 2 decides if I do dex or strength.

Not him but probably something really in-your-face so the caster can do his shit without getting wrecked.

My mistake, but still what I meant still stands, roll sideways next time, instead of backwards or fowards.

Melee builds particularly. It mostly just boils down to my teammate's ability to keep the other team distracted while I turn the game into a bullet hell.

>Greatsword

That's specifically the Greatsword class and not the Ultra-Greatsword class, is it? Claymore over Zweihander?

>going over presets in the dark
>irithyllian
>eyes bleed
thanks from

still waiting on the sliders for this qt

Find an armor combo you really like, then find a weapon that goes well with the look, then build from there.

It's an acceptable shade of red. However she could stand to be a bit more on the pale side, otherwise she looks like she just crawled out of a tanning bed.

it looks okay
black eyes don't look good though, 2bh

do 80 dex meme

I think gales should be moved down a tier. You need to spend 55 points to get 504 ar vs 481 ar for 30 points. That getting 95%~ of the ar for almost half the stats.

Try tweaking a bit the green and the blue, maybe 92-57 could look a bit nicer for you.

The AR is the not the main draw of Gael's compared to the R1>WAR1 combo which still exists and has barely been nerfed.

just female commoner with puffy slider maxed out my man

Forgot to add, with the amount of points you save you can easily get a buff on your weapon that will make 2 r1s do the same damage as gaels wa combo. Also when you WA with the claymore, your defenses shoot up to around 65, even thrust resistance shoots up during your stance heavy weapon art.

Wew
>implying my pcfag mom would let me buy console anyways
again who here /keyboard/ don't tell me it can't be done because you are wrong

it can't be done

It can be done, but if you get invaded don't even bother fighting back.

the damage difference of the new wa combo is significant. I used to hit for 1050~ now im getting 800 if im lucky.