Buy Model 3 with RWD and 75KWh battery

>buy Model 3 with RWD and 75KWh battery
>strip out as much weight as possible while keeping it street legal
>make some DIY cooling modification for the batteries
>remove wheelspin sensors and add a huge wing
>track it
Can some richfag on Veeky Forums do this for science?

No you weirdo!

Easier to get some regular car converted to EV then moding a tesla

Or get a zz eV and have mad fun with it

Tesla won't let you do it. And they'll know if you try. Anyone who buys a Tesla is Litteraly Tesla's bitch for the duration they own that car.

You don't need to do all these mods to smoke a fuckton of cars on the track

The Nurburgring time for the Model S is over 9 minutes, because batteries overheat and engines don't. Teslas are horrible track cars until you solve the heat problem.

>center locking hub

Why?

These cars are literally computers with wheels attached.

If you fuck with it, it will probably either lock down the whole system and/or inform "the authorities"

>and engines don't
I sense a shitposting a comin'

*good engines don't
Is that better?

Actual Tesla Model 4 Reservation holder here.

No I wouldn't do that.

>Tesla won't let you do it
Literally been done with multiple model S's.

Are you trying to say that Chevy engines are bad engines?

I think he was referring to the Corvette and its less-than-stellar temperature management record

More like...
>buy model 3
>strip out all the useless electronics
>sell them over time for more then the value of the car
>left with a lightweight shell
>build full tube frame within it
>mount a v8 supercar engine, trans, drivetrain, and all the other bits in.
>actually have a good racecar

It can't be too hard to replace the stock computer with a cheap SBC (raspberry pi, etc). This isn't a combustion engine that has to handle timing, fuel, air, etc. The only software needed would be for ABS, traction control, unnecessary shit like that.

He said richfag not someone who finally saved enough money.

And the proprietary VFDs that run the Motors will just run on what, a serial connection from a Pi?
Sure

The model S heats at the motor, not the battery. Overheating is not a hard constraint of EVs any more than it is for ICE, the S/X just uses a flawed motor design. The 3 uses a completely new motor architecture. They intend to use the same new motor architecture for the long haul platform which I doubt would be possible with the flaws of the old motor.

>Model 3
>Small car as Prius/Leaf
>heavy weight: 3,800 lb thanks to its batteries
>poor handling
>poor tracking time

>replacing the computing internals of a Tesla with a raspberry pi

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHA

ding ding

retard

>Running 2 DC motors with a raspberry pi
>WOAH ARE U RETARD HAHA U COULD NEVA DO THHAAAT

You're the retard.

yeah, you literally couldn't in a tesla. retard

Running two delta 3 phase high voltage Motors that spin at 20,000rpm yes.
Yes. You can never EVER fucking do that.

You MUST have a motor controller, and most aftermarket ones already can run standalone without a shitty Pi.

AC motors*

Kiss your warranty goodbye.

Because voiding the warranty by stripping your car out and tracking it is a situation unique to Tesla or EVs.

people who have the money to do these mods have enough money to literally replace any part of the car. they shit on the warranty

Yes.

A few manufacturers will honor their warranty if you track your vehicle.
And almost all manufacturers will honor their power train warranty even if you strip your interior.

The TeslaRacingChannel dude has a stripped out P100D with drag tires on.

That's stupid. A stripped P100D is faster than any NA V8

A P100d is faster for like 3 quarter mile passes at most. Then it's toast.

Yeahhhhh but tuner companies do that shit all the time. How much time elapsed between the R35GTR's commercial release and the intro of the first track-ready 700+hp version, six days?

I don't think we need some individual to do it... it should probably just be a tuner. And if there's a shortage of EV tuners out there now, we should all seriously start fucking working on a biz plan

Yeah, for like 3 minutes.

>[citation needed]
Especially since a quick google showed someone doing 28 1/4 mile races before their 85D went from 96% to 52%

Ludicrous mode already stressed the motors beyond what they're rated for. I don't see what "tuning" can be done without extensive reworking. The Tesla computer system is the Nazi of all car computer systems. It's a centralized unit and shuts down with any detection of tampering.

That's pretty terrible. With my gas car my engine performance stays 100% no matter how many passes I do.

He's not claiming fuel use, he's claiming overheating. The motors shit themselves after a few minutes of hard use and limit to about 1/4 power.

Just looked up your video. That's 1/8 mile passes.

PPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

With an average time between runs at 9.8 minutes and with most of the early ones being 3-4 minute intervals, he seemed to get back in line and on track as soon as he could.
The times seem pretty consistent, so no signs of major overheating and any small drift in results could be down to track temperature and tyre wear over so many runs.