When the s2000 market crashes

>when the s2000 market crashes

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.caranddriver.com/more-details-emerge-on-hondas-s2000-revival/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

if honda makes a proper s2k successor the used market will take a shit

Yeah it's called the S660.

No, that's for the Japanese market only. there will be one for the US market.
blog.caranddriver.com/more-details-emerge-on-hondas-s2000-revival/

LOL 50k

They will probably sell it as Acura if they use that design.

>base price of 50 fucking grand

If its getting the engine from the Type R it'll likely have 300 HP and could basically end up being a RWD Type R.

Toyobaru and Miata eternally BTFO by VTAC

Long time no see,fart sniffer.

It'll be nearly 20k more than both of those. How will it BTFO of anything?

Well, it'll be under 3000 lbs and have power which is what Veeky Forums has always been bitching about. the only problem is it won't exactly be cheap. Veeky Forums can never fully be pleased.

wouldn't it be hilarious though if it actually ended up competing with the M2?

The article explicitly states it ISN'T getting the engine from the Type R though....

Oh, it did state it was going to make 320 HP though.

expecting honda fanboys to be able to read

50 grand though....? That means a decently equipped one will sell for 55-60K easily

A brand new Merc SLC 43 AMG will start at 60K and make 360hp, while having a PRHT and a much nicer interior. The price point makes no fucking sense for an S2000, 50K is luxury car territory

A new S2000 should be pricing similar to a Focus RS or a WRX STi, it needs to be around 35K

Go get me a 29% APR

What if its actually in the performance realm of the M2 BMW? would it be worth it? M2 doesn't exactly have a luxury interior itself.

considering it's an NSX with the top cut off to a normie, that's an ok deal. normies

It's not like the S2000 was cheap in 1999 either

>SLC 43 AMG
piggu fattu

Would the cars performance warrant the price tag? Perhaps. But I have a hard time believing Honda could make it competitive at that price point. How many people are going to cross-shop a BMW M2 Coupe with a Honda convertible?? I know this is Veeky Forums and people here might, but in the real world, I'm not so sure...

I can also imagine the primary audience for a new S2000 isn't going to be able to run out and fork over 50-60K for brand new ones, and the people who CAN afford them aren't going to be that interested in them

It would be better if it made like 280, they made it aftermarket friendly, and set the opening price point at 35K

A normie doesn't even know what the fuck an NSX is

Supposedly the S2000 in 1999 was $30,000 which would be $44,000 in todays money.

$6000 price increase i'm pretty damn confident it'll be worth it.

you could buy a sub 3000lb 300+ hp, rwd convertible right now though, and it's pretty affordable

Not gonna sell.

I can only hope people like it enough to sell their old S2000s

I'm thinking that because this won't suffer from Duke Nukem syndrome like the new NSX and if it makes a good impression it'll build its own fanbase so long as it makes a good first impression in reviews.

Plot twist could be it ending up being the best handling roadster on the market.

Boxster? Not affordable for you average boi racer

>chinkcouver
The s2000 is the asian vette. He'll probably get it.

Post more dealership stories you glorious fuck

LPG got fired from the dealership for stealing office supplies.

You can get a 987.2 Boxster S for like $30k, which is about the same as a BR-Z or Miata with some options.

Yeah, it's stupid to compare new vs used but whatever, how much you can buy it for NOW matters more for most people.

pic related.

He's in IT now I think.

Well obviously if you bring the used market into the equation then it's a whole different story. But is no one buys new cars then the industry will collapse and we'll be stuck with shitboxes and self driving electric barges

s2000s were basically 50k in 2000 if you account for inflation

This makes me sad