>Collection of Nexus Weapon Links:
pastebin.com/Gv5vnQi0

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Mods & Rips etc:
pastebin.com/q5ryvSZc

>GUNetwork
>Rips (Primarily for NV):
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B45SllNAhiQscHhxR28tZ1FwNTA

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

Pre-War thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24098/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/images/75811/?
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75200/?
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35061/?
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Holy shit am I having a hard time in FO4. Even on survival mode, why is the difficulty so shit? Either the game is retardedly hard or retardedly easy.

Why am I having such a hard time walking the line where the game is challenging but not like trying to knock a wall down with my head? Do I have to intentionally gimp my perks to never upgrade my weapons?

How do you do it /fog/?

Okay what the fuck is this shit guys?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24098/?
What the fucking hell? Please help me understand this.
It also contains content illegally ripped from other games and I reported it as such.

Holy shit I didn't realize I wanted a rocking sombrero till now. Anyone got a legit Sombrero/poncho pack?

Mods.

Which ones? I really want a challenge but Fo4 does such a shit job at it. Also, why in survival mode does everyone toss Moltovs like they are throwing candy in a parade?

>It also contains content illegally ripped from other games and I reported it as such.

Really racking up those nexus good boy points, ain'tcha

Maybe the mods are being lazy or something

That's strange though, I got a warning just for uploading a Midna picture

Google "fallout 4 survival mod", gives you a fair few mods that allow you to adjust what survival difficulty is like. Personally haven't gone that route myself (as survival sounded like a sufficient fuckfest that it didn't interest me), but you should be able to find something to your taste.

Will do. I just want hard but fair. I'm not getting that with the base game difficulty.

No, I don't give a fuck about that. I just want to see that mod get kicked the fuck off. Just look at it. Read the description.

I did a couple of far harbor missions and went back to commonwealth and suddenly my maps is like this, Already restarted my game and such

After reading the rest of it I am inclined to agree with you

You turned on "tmm 1", dumbass.

toggle it off with tmm 0
and it should go back to normal
or you'll lose all your marks.

holy shit that is fucking HOT STANKY GARBAGE

I had no idea Deathclaws could be headless and still be alive.

where is the guy with the caveman waifu

i miss him

Its very rare, but it can happen. I've had headless ghouls attacking me before.

What weapon mod is that?

Welp, just spent like 5 or 6 hours trying out a million random things out, and I STILL can't get any kind of flame particles to stick to this guy. I've tried injecting it via MGEFs, enchantments, abilities, and Sentry bot scripts to catch fire when at full health...nothing worked.

As frustrating as it is, I'll have to release them as is, since I have no idea how particles work, apparently. Although the sentry bot script made the fire shader appear on its skin, but no particles. Still trying to wrap my head around that one.

Even if people like them, its still immensely frustrating to know that something on it just doesn't work, even after hours of endlessly tweaking shit. Thanks, Todd! If anyone has any advice, I'll try adding it later, but for now I'm moving on to the final areas of the mod now, so I can get this mod ready for my tester.

nexusmods.com/fallout4/images/75811/?

Brb drinking bleach. Excessive amounts of tacticool are the worst ever thing that happened to shooty games.

>mp40
neat
>all that other shit
hmmmmmmmmmmm

That's something that would probably have to be done with a custom script.

post hot noras

Well the Sentry bot script adds special effects, or so it says. I simply changed that value to the effect I wanted, and...nothing. I also tried the vanilla effect to be sure, and it didn't work either.

When it comes to scripts, I'm always lost, since I don't know what script would work, what scripts don't work, etc. I wonder if its because of the race, too. I know Deathclaws can't even normally be initiated with dialogue without mods. Used to be a script in Skyrim that could do that, unfortunately its not one of the left over scripts. And I assume it wouldn't be possible to copy the old script over for that either...but I digress.

Would you be willing to take a look at my esp when I'm done adding all my stuff in? I'm about to place the legendary variants in and do a quick sweep on some other stuff before I package it up.

Talk about coincidences, I've been wondering recently how your body looks in PA. I saw my legs and arms inside the frame, just wanted to have a clear look on how proportions look. It's not that badly deformed as I thought.

MY ARM

>Codsworth disliked it

>Plasma Weapons Test.esp
>(Not responding)

Oh for fuck's sake!

I'll toy around with the effects and see what I can do with it tomorrow.

Post character NAMES
Alice Lucullus Nero Yaridovich Abdul Xao Poirot Washington VIIII

Thanks man. Hopefully I can learn how to do it too when I see how you pull it off.

Are there any mods that bring in commerce for settlements?

What the fuck is the mod/patch to enable new calibers to be crafted new Vegas style? I just had it 2 days ago and accidentally deleted it now i cant find it for the life of me

i recall sometimes when protectrons get damaged they burst into flames wile still alive, might be another place to dig for clues.

Yeah, sentry bots do, too. I was just copying their scripts over. Its how they now explode on death.

Actually Gammaclaws will explode on death, but if you get their health down low enough, they will spontaneously explode sometimes. It was an unintended side effect, but I liked it! Shooting it until it gets scared and runs off, and seeing it blow up in the distance.

Ya sentries usually just catch on fire as they start to go critical, but i've seen protectrons walk around for like 15 seconds on fire till it burns out, so i thought that might be something different.

So I tried just copying the DLC files from my friend and pasted them into the Fallout 4 data folder. I bought the base game on steam.
Same procedure worked for the Skyrim DLC. But now I seem to be missing some files, because when I try to talk to any DLC NPC there won't show up any dialogue.

Does anyone know a solution? Or doesn't it work that easily anymore?

I'll look into that then. The mod as of now is finished, so now I just need to pack up the files and hand it over to my tester so he can see if any glaring issues show up.

Shouldn't take too long, I can always make tweaks to the esp at that point.

I might be wrong, because I remember somethin about Bethesda changin how it works, but have you got strings folder?

Sorry, I'm retarded and don't know what that is.
Basically I just copy pasted everything in pic related into the data folder.

You have been working on this mod for a very long time, do you plan on celebrating when its finished?

An entire day of playing Honey Select and spending time with mai waifu!

Why the fuck everybody these days likes THICC Elves.

Why everybody abandoned slim and elegant waifus ;_;

O.O

No, my data folder doesn't have any subfoilders except videos.

That sure is an interesting waifu you've got there, Buff. I like her but why is she yellow? How does she look with her legs spread? How large are her nipples?

Hmm....the "Create archive" button caused CK to crash.

Its not a big issue for the PC crowd, but this means I can't get the mod on Xbox if it keeps doing it. They're also about 1000% more likely to make a bunch of showcases and youtube vids for mods, too.

She's an Altmer!
Really sexy!
About an inch in diameter!

>Create archive crashed again

They don't deserve it anyway.

Scratch that, that folder came from the mod, Bethesda removed strings in some patch. Dunno what's wrong with your stuff.

Maybe your files are outdated? You can try lurking around in cs.rin Fallout 4 thread, they had latest versions of DLC here. But that's reaching.

Eh, after all the work I did on it, I kinda want them to have an equal chance of enjoying it, too.

I'm sure there are alternative methods of making archives. Its probably the Gammaclaws, since everything else has been sanitized and reordered several times now.

Wait weren't you going to fuck off forever a while ago?
Why did that last like three days?
was that just attention seeking or is your attention span actually that short

Probably not outdated since the guy I got it from bought the season pass. I'll look around and see if I can fix it, thanks anyway user!

I think I figured it out. He gave me the German voice files but I play on English. So that's why only voices and dialogue aren't working properly.

Silly me.

Why is her head so tiny?

didnt work, anyone else?

OWO

When should I attempt the DLC in FO4? I am level 12 right now

You will automatically get quests when you reach the appropriate level.

Are there any premade settlement packs for FO4? I aint starting to play goddamn minecraft to "enjoy the game"

You can try Transferable Settlements mod. There also some presets made with this mod flying around.

There is also Sim Settlements that streamlines the process.

You promised it would be on Xbox.

The crit mod taught me a ton about this stuff. I'll make it do fire stuff later.

Trying everything I can to narrow down the problem.

A quick Google tells me there are programs to create archives for the PC version, but they cause instability in the Xbox versions...so I'll have to tear the mods assets apart to see which one is causing the issue. It might be texture related, not sure. I've got some uncompressed _s.dds files in there.

FO4 map seems very small

Oh wow, that looks awesome dude! I'm just picturing that all over my creatures, heh.

You wouldn't by any chance know of ways to troubleshoot more effectively for trying to make archives stop crashing the CK, would you? Would an uncompressed specular / normal texture or whatever cause a crash? I also heard OS made meshes can cause issues, but I didn't have any problems with the winged deathclaws!

I really hope you can do it, I have been watching your progress for months. Everything in your mod is really cool. I don't want to get ass fucked again because of consoles.

Who gives a fuck if consolefags don't get it? Just release it and throw them the scraps if you bother fixing it later.

It's small but more interesting than FO3. Fuck subways stations seriously

My tester has already gone to bed, so I'll have to wait anyway. In the meantime I'm trying to see if I can at least get the archive made and narrow the problem down for both computers and consoles alike. And this is why I said I don't really want to give any more ETAs on this mod...just seems like one thing right after the other.

I'm trying, man. It seems to consistently crash in the same thing each time so that is *sort of* good news, since maybe I can fix it by removing the thing it always crashes on, or altering it later. Its nothing substantial either, just some synths walking around working on workbenches. Why that would make an archive crash baffles the fuck outta me, but I'll try anything once.

>more interesting than FO3
>Fuck subways stations seriously
>a large metropolitan city like boston has almost no subway system
>1/3rd of 4s map is water filled with nothing
>half of another 3rd is a lightly irradiated shithole filled with nothing but enemies
4s map is fucking shit

No you dont understand, Just press the button on top corner to import it to consoles

That crashes it as well.

One of the files is making the CK cry. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say its the Gammaclaw, so I'll try archiving without it.

What I hate most about Fahlout Foahs map is how /compact/ it is
I can't walk for a minute without tripping over a raider camp or some scavvers or a deathclaw or some other bullshit
It's even worse inside the fucking city itself

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75200/?

Are there any F4 mods that do something like this yet? Its pretty much all I'm waiting for before I reinstall it.

So,
If i play TTW, is it possible to ignore the main quest of FO3. And there should be a way to start at new vegas and then travel to capitol wasteland right?

Alrighty, I've narrowed down the issue. The jetpacks are causing the archive to crash.

Peculiar. I was certain it was one of the guns.

Does anybody know any radio mods for New Vegas that add any songs that AREN'T lore breaking? I'm having a hard time finding any. .

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35061/?

this might be what you are looking for.

songs are only lore breaking if you let them

if you want to think that, say, Death Grips were an extremely obscure band in an age of music where singing about bombs and radiation was hip then there ya go

Aaaand all the files are packed now. I can manually add in the jetpacks after initially loading everything else, so hopefully the same will work for consoles.

I just need to get this tested tonight and then the world will be given a bunch of plasma weapons and other stuff! I really wish Veeky Forums was a reliable venue for beta testing, the mod could be out later today...ah well.

Is there a mod that makes settlers use toilets?

Also, altogether with the BA2s, this file should be around 71 mb. Probably 11 times bigger than my last gun mod.

>I really wish Veeky Forums was a reliable venue for beta testing, the mod could be out later today...ah well.

I haven't payed attention to Fallout since being disappointed by 4 back in 2015, have mods made the game actually good yet?

yes. It even allows you to toggle their facial expressions when using the toilet.

>That description

The person testing is someone I know anyway, they actually play the game, have a decent stash of caps, good weapons, and they're competent enough to follow directions to test for specific shit to see if it works or not. The scripts were the main thing I was worried about, but it looks like the archiver included them all there. And everything else, for that matter. But I still want to be safe than sorry when I upload the mod and a lotta shit doesn't work, or some crap.

Its just as annoying to find someone willing to help, but when asked if they'd provide a screenshot, they'll say "How do I take screenshot" or "I'm level 1 lol, I never even made it to diamond city" and try using Tgm with a pipe rifle to kill all the creatures or find their way to the areas they need to get to. I've actually got a modder friend who actually told me "Who is Piper?", because he spends 95% of the game making waifus in Sanctuary, or making mods and running around Sanctuary testing them out. These types of people might be great for making mods, but testing mods...not so much.

Speaking of radio mods, how long will it be that record companies manage to lobby in new copyright laws that supersede public domain cause even the Fallout games to be removed from Steam due to music licensing? There's no sign of intellectual property laws getting better, so why shouldn't they get worse?

FO4 has few good mods, and no large-scale ones.

Buff could I ask what modelling program do you use for Fallout?

>I've actually got a modder friend who actually told me "Who is Piper?"
I knew a guy last year who told me "Who is Preston"
I didn't want to wish Preston on him, so I said "he's nobody."

Began the automaton DLC with synth curie, went into the robot workshop and she showed up as an option. Didn't want to ditch her for Ada in the mechanist's lair because of the special doors so i modded on the part. She becomes invisible save for the jet of fire that comes out of ms. nannies/ mr, handies. Fuck around in the console for hours this shit appears.
I fucking miss Curie shes so fucking cute and innocent.

i really want this person to get better at modding because it looks like they have potential, but its going to be alot of work.

I use 3DS for cutting up meshes into parts on occasion. Also sometimes fixing issues with meshes like glitches, for example my animu hair mod had this awful glitch with bizarre bright flickering lights showing up in them, until I "cleaned" them in the program. It was a long, arduous process I tell you what.

I use Outfit Studio for touching up meshes, assembling weapons, making monsters, rigging, etc. It ain't perfect but I'm used to it.

I also use Nifskope but I'm pretty sure that's a 100% necessity for anyone that works with models in this game

As an example, the Gammaclaw: I broke up all the bone parts I needed into smaller parts in 3ds. Assembled skeleton in OS. Rigged in OS. Added the skin with Nifskope, made skin transparent in nifskope, had to re-rig skin in OS afterwards. Same method was done earlier tonight to add the thin layer on the skull and jaw. I had to manually adjust the skin to fit over the skeletal bits, one of the claws got noticeably fucky, but I tried my best on it. I still think the end result came out looking good.

They're likely going to get banned for porting assets.

I'm amazed that didn't crash your game. That's interesting, too. Almost looks like a cyborg-fu.

Damn, I'd love to be using Maya but I can't get any of the damn .nifs to import without it crashing the program.

Max looks like such a piece of shit, but if that what it takes I guess I'll just have to learn it.

i can see that happening, which is why i'm scared of keeping up with their progress. where will they upload if they get banned? i want to keep up with their content.