/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

>tfw to intelegent to play anything but f. materialist

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/

>Stellaris
- Pastebin: pastebin.com/YHdisqem
- WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1: pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh
- Another Ship Design Guide for 1.5: reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/61nolh/ship_equipment_load_out_for_141_15/
- Wiki: stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki
- The Development of Stellaris gamasutra.com/view/news/274018/Postmortem_Paradox_Development_Studios_Stellaris.php

>Endless Legend
- Manual: cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
- Wiki: endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Endless Space 2 soon

>Civilization
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE): well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot: multiplayerrobot.com
- District Cheat Sheet: hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba

>Alpha Centauri
- Essential improvements: pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories: mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

>Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dVcW11GoBD0
paradoxinteractive.com/en/award-winning-game-designer-jon-shafer-joins-paradox-development-studio/
youtube.com/watch?v=PSZFV74kGks
youtube.com/watch?v=4hdiuRMK3UQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Wormholes

Do you guys think the current tech malus system is good as is to keep large empires from simply crushing smaller empires or should something be done to rebalance it?
Because it kinda doesn't make any sense for an empire that spans half the galaxy to have the same or worse research speeds as one that's confined to three systems out in the galactic boonies.

I think the tech system needs to be adjusted in addition to the population system. Expansion should not be punished, but at the same time extensive blobbing should be punished or prevented, maybe even changing how core sectors and bubble expansion itself works.

Sometimes I feel like the 10% increase per world is a little prohibitive, but I haven't done any testing for balancing

just mod it out desu
reduce energy/mineral income based on distance from capital or sector capital

I think the current system is dumb as fuck, but I would have to think hard to come up with a better solution and I hate thinking.

It's a feature in every fucking Paradox game, Crusader Kings, Europa Universalis, Victoria, etc.

It's just there so tall playthroughs are viable (see. Merchant Republics being the center of technology in CK2, How Ulm became the meme it was in EU3, Getting the literacy to 100% as a OPM in V2, etc.)

>want to make space nazians
>no aryan phenotypes
ree

Mod this cock out of your mouth

space nazis wow, haven't seen that before

None of you pay for games so I killed a 4x indie game project I was on after seeing this thread.

Proof-- where's the planetcoaster discussion? Skylines also only happened after crack.

You don't deserve games.

Separate Human Phenotypes, it's on the workshop.

What do you guys think about the idea they were talking about for redoing the border system were you need to stake a claim to get a system and not just have it in your borders?

Careful with those edges, lad

European Phenotypes

>defensive pact
>ally get attacked
>ally gives me a bunch of ceded planets in war goals
>win war
>get planets
>every one now hates me and views me as a threat
>somehow I'M the bad guy

remove borders
you want a resource, build a station there
you want to deny a resource, blow the station up and build your own

>dark hair shits
>in MY Germania
reeee

But planetcoaster is a sim game
and I own Skylines on steam

Correction: We don't deserve indie games.

No one does.

>indie 4x game

>GERMANIA

t.

>I've only played for like 50 hours.
>Just got access to habitats

HOLY FUCK MY DICK. Why would I ever colonise planets ever again this is madness.

Nah, the best part is the map painting, it's good that they're making more interesting borders instead of just big blobs.

How would you rank the government types (democracy, dictatorship, imperial, oligarchic, hivemind) and why would you rank them like that?

because they're only 12 tiles and only good for energy?

Doesn't seem like such a big deal to me when I can put them on every single planet. Unless there's some limitation I'm missing out on?

As I said I'm quite new so I don't know all the meme shit yet.

hivemind>rest because fuck xeno reeeeeeeeeee

>Hivemind
Eazy/Pezy

Each habitat counts as a planet so your research and tradition will be affected.

every planet you colonise adds 10% to your research costs and unity costs (not sure how much). Habitats count as planets.

Oligarchic > Democracy > Dictatorship >= Imperial >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hive mind

Oligarchic has the greatest access to civics while having the advantage of agendas. Democracies have elections and can farm influence as long as you have access to mandate requirements and you can switch up bonuses every 10 years depending on what you need. Dictatorships are shit and are only passable because you can choose your successor. Imperial is more shit than dictatorships because you can't choose your successor, but they do allow imperial cult which is the only reason to be imperial right now. Hive minds are boring shit.

Ah shit, That is a huge deal. Thanks guys, prevented some mad stupid shit happening.

Why do robots take 3 years to build?

I like that it will make playing on mod extended galaxy sizes more balanced instead of just getting stupid resource levels from border extrusion.
All you would need after that is a mod to reduce FTL range and it's functionally like playing on a vanilla galaxy.

how long does it take YOU to build a robot capable of performing basic commands?

Well that explains that, 39 orbital habitats, 3 ring worlds and 10 planets really fucks with traditions.

Why do pops take 3-5 years to grow

Why do ungrown pops get mad that their nonexistent selves are enslaved for the second it takes me to drag them to a non slavery square?

Do pops actually change ethics or are they stuck with what they spawned with?

they change

Reminder that Varg is a dirty elf fucker

Found some good ship class names.

Hey, I'm trying to mod endless legend to add a new anomaly that's using an existing art asset (the district tiles). I tried asking in the forums, and consulting the modding guide, but I'm not getting anywhere.
Does anyone know about modding Endless Legend at all?

Oh, you were going out to settle new land?

Well

This is awkward.

Wow, Clone armies are awesome, aren't they?

Faster to build, cheaper, better stats...
Is there something I'm missing?
Seems like the AI prefers to use slave armies.

Droid armies, smash your clones to bits.

How can Devouring Swarm be fixed? I feel like it has a lot of potential, they just didn't do anything with it.

plow the asshole

Haven't tried it yet. Why does it need to be fixed?

Mechanically? You can't top getting a boost to Unity for purging xenos.
Flavorwise? The entire game needs to be re-written for Hive Minds in general. Too many of the events are written in a manner that doesn't jive well with Hive Minds having no independent agents.

I mean, he DOES like surprise wars. So this should be a blast for him.

Is it just for purging them by conquering planet then cleansing, or you can set the wargoal to cleanse and get the unity that way?

No.

You need to build a Clone Vat and pay maintenance on it. Not a giant deal, given it's a decent source of Social research, but it's a thing. For best results combine with a military academe and print your clones on one planet.

Their maintenance is lower then anything but Slave armies and they build faster then anything else. A full sized stack of Xenomorphs, Psi Warriors or Androids will crush them but they are a very good economical option you can build much faster then the damn year it takes for top-level armies like geanseed warriors.

Clones>Droids.

youtube.com/watch?v=dVcW11GoBD0

Let's settle this

Let's install Battlefront and settle this.

Listen here you little shit, I'm only here because I can't post in the thread on Veeky Forums because I got banned for posting trap pics of myself, so if you're gonna be a fucking smartass, at least have the decency to post a smug reaction image with it, then my time won't be wasted reading your inane fucking reply.

Are droid armies still bugged to not really be immune to morale?

I'm not trying to be smartass, I'm trying to be helpful.
You asked if anyone knows about modding Endless Legend, the answer is no. That is all.

If that's how you treat people trying to be helpful, I can see why Veeky Forums got rid of you.

Post them here too

Um. It's that or look at star wars lore.

Basically the droids out numbered the republic and they were losing, The only thing that prevented droid victory was the jedi purge followed by the fall of the republic.

That battle was horrible compared to later engagements because both sides were just throwing everything they had onto the field.

They lost so many elite troopers, It isn't funny.

Either way works.
But my original point was that mechanically Fanatical Purifiers are superior to Devouring Swarm Hiveminds because a bonus to Society research for purging is peanuts compared to FPs getting Unity for purged pops.
Any min-maxing tryhard would be a fool to play Devouring Swarm over Fanatical Purifier. However, flavor-wise, it makes total sense. You really can't account for gameplay versus flavor when designing things.
The worst thing about Hive Minds right now is the events. It's still the normal vanilla events which are written from the vantage point of non-Hive Mind races. It takes you out of the autismal imagination zone when you get an event about rogue agents (when any Hive Minded pop that separates from the Hive dies) causing a ruckus.
You even somehow still get pirates.

Just funning friend, no hostility intended. For real though, I am wondering if anyone has any experience with EL modding at all, since it seems criminally underused
> getting banned on two boards in the space of a day
Nah.

I've never seen any EL mod, or any guide to mod it. Go to NexusMod, if there are mods for that one, you'll find them here.

Well, you can roleplay something like the overmind and cerebrate, with some of your mid level more independant part going a bit roguish, but yeah

Well that's the thing, the guide to modding lists how to change luxury resources, and units, and even city centers, but not anomalies.
You'd think it'd be a thing, considering how big a part of the game it is

I bought Stellaris on steam but can't be arsed to buy the dlc. Can I pirate it? And if yes how?

How early would you go to war?

post an imgur link you faggot

need a 3-5k stack to kill starports with minimal losses.

Generally once you got cruiser tech you can make a few and be ready to go.

Shouldn't droid armies be faster to make in stellaris so you can outproduce and swarm everyone like the CIS in star wars. It doesn't really make sense that an advanced space empire takes so long to build robotic armies.

>Gerardo
reee

Why can't we have weapons on transports? Even just a small weapon slot would be nice.

If I force everyone to use the same FTL, can I also disable jumpdrives?

Alright, it's gonna be posted when I get my help :^)

no

Just installed FAF. Is it possible to play the co-op campaign with AI buddies instead of real people? I'm guessing no, but I have to ask.

What do you guys think of the plentiful traditions mod?
what are generally basic, core mods that add a lot to the gameplay? or maybe UI?

I want a mod or update that lets me choose the crisises (crises?) in my game, I want all of them.

Each pop = a billion souls

Or something similar

paradoxinteractive.com/en/award-winning-game-designer-jon-shafer-joins-paradox-development-studio/

lolwut

yes it's crises

Go away CIS scum.

>tfw 50% research boost rate
>top tech in the galaxy
>Cant clear my territory of raider stacks

>tfw too intelligent to win battles

> Endless Pirates 2

Wouldn't this be a nice crisis. One giant federation which slowly becomes the de facto government of the galaxy and a band of nations who oppose to give more authority to this federal government.

>tfw I fell for the robot meme

Thanks faggots

what they need is more strategies to go tall

There will never be a galactic purifier federation that votes on the next species to purge

at that point what does research matter

All this talk of the federation, makes me think of this video from way back.
youtube.com/watch?v=PSZFV74kGks
Or this.
youtube.com/watch?v=4hdiuRMK3UQ

As long as tiles or set maximum leverls for buildings are a thing you will never fully go tall. This is why I like victoria II because you can endlessly improve states because there is no upper limit. Theoretically there is but you'll never reach it. But the most limiting factor is the amount of pops you have.

Who would join such a federation?

>Who would join
Someone who wants a vote.

I dislike joining federations, i'd rather go my own way rather than being forced into an alliance that may not be in my best interest.

Now one on one, alliances and pacts that i'll do because you can get to the heart of the problems.