Nioh General

DLC information
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragon of the North

Latest Patch Notes
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Patches

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide that could still be useful : pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

list of smithing texts:
pastebin.com/d4gaLiHk

Previous -

i could link the facebook post from nioh's official with the english patch note images, but i'm not sure if that's a cardinal sin or not.

>half the new patch notes is all dedicated to PVP

So it begins. Losing precious dev time on this garbage ass mode to please souls fags.

what? it isnt

just post the pictures

>Can't use half the skills on yokai
what's the fucking point you literally only need Haze for humans

found the fag with crap gear and no onmyo/ninjitsu

some things are better for yokai, somethings are better for humans

1/4

Fuck you kunai spamming motherfucker. Fight me like a real man and see what happens.

dude just block and walk forward

well where's #4?

was taking it's sweet time to upload for some reason.

how dare you reply to me

>literally nothing
>only changes for minigame faggots

uhh when do they add more quick item slots?

never. just like we're likely not going to get a bloody palace/tower of blood/deep dungeon, or a nerf to That Thing You Don't Like

Did they make pvp playable again?

they put the limit there for a reason

>again
>implying it ever was

do you guys never touch all the free support passives on the ninjitsu/onmyo skill trees or what?

or are still in WoTS

But it was in the very beginning before everybody started using shuriken shit.

>implying shurikens are a problem when you can block

I bet you havent even gotten your heavy armor to B and use tiger running to catch up to them easily

I could never block their ridiculous OP shurikens even in my full heavy armor.

are you like the slowest fag in the block?

cause its not that hard

I don't think the problem is with me when a single kunai or shuriken could guard break me.

what the fuck are you doing with your build?

I've never seen either GB me

So do kusa and 2kat.
But what they don't have is Sword of Execution

Does bonus for absorbing amrita (increase attack) stack with carnage?

yes

and so does Kara jishi's use skill attack buff

the attack bonuses from amrita gain, during status ailment, on timely guard, purification, and when surrounded all stack with each other, and with every other source of attack increase (such as kara-jishi's skill use one and tengen kujaku's amrita gain one, carnage/powerpill/rage, etc)

having between 3 and 6 different attack buffs is great, though it makes yoru damage fluctuate like amotherfucker

also the 5 buff display limit makes it hard to track all of them, especially with how short-lived some are.

So it's obvious what the second DLC is all about, any idea for the third?

far as i knew, the second dlc is the summer campaign, and the third is the winter campaign

• Defiant Honor – Fight in the bloody Winter Campaign of the Siege of Osaka

• Bloodshed’s End – Bring the Siege of Osaka to an end during the Summer Campaign

Last DLC is PVP content only.

I wonder if we're going to get a proper kitsune encounter.

Are they going to make ANOTHER snow level?

Am I missing something with PVP? Like, currently if you're not ninja or magic, it's close to bullshit (unless you stack magic resistance)... Are people really playing a lot of PVP?

Seriously the next patch should increase the glory you get from helping somebody. Like you get 2k-3k in WotD which takes like 5-10 min while pvp gives you 2-3k in like 1-2 min. How is this balanced? Why would you ever help somebody in WotD?

Nobody is helping in WotD anyway... I tried to do a couple co-ops yesterday and every time I got thrown in to one of the lower difficulties. And I was sorting for difficulty...

It's like, they want people to PVP or something...

I did some helping in WotD yesterday but enemies have absurd hp.

So I'm still pretty new into my play through but I'm getting the feeling that spreading your stat points is actually pretty advantageous as opposed to a focus on only specific stats, right? The character build comes more from the weapon trees?

Both of the dlcs are snow mountain levels. All reused assets, all will look the same. There is nothing they can do to make levels look interesting because they chose to go with a realistic sengoku era.

Pray Nioh 2 will have an original story and is more fantasy to allow creativity but it wont happen because Koei Tecmo are the masters of rehashing and low effort.

Yea, it's tricky cause of the whole "history" thing.

>spreading your stat points is actually pretty advantageous
it all really depends on the build you're going for, but I find that spirit and some basic ninjutsu/onmyo are almost must-have.
All the other ones aren't as useful if you're not using the appropriate weapon.

Ah alright, I just figured stuff like stamina would be useful because of the increased armor weight load. Currently running sword + dual swords but I think I should probably respec because dual swords is too similar to swords. Maybe axe or hammer would be fun?

depends on what is "fun" for you.

Generally speaking, what ever weapon is your primary, max out the stat that scales that weapon (more so if you have CtA Whatever stat on your primary weapon).

I'm rolling 1kat, so I've 99 heart, 99 skill, and a mishmash of other skills.

Use a spear, spear/1kat are a perfect combo. Having more stamina is actually very detrimental when you're using axes, due to them having skills that increase damage (by a lot) when you're at low or no ki.

Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I've surprisingly found swords to be the most fun even though I expected them to be the most bland.

maaan, gimme meiji restoration era nioh

1kat is a blast, but it's "cheese" build is damage from behind, final blow damage and stacking the shit out of that. I'm about level 270, and without any buffs or debuffs, I high stance normal attack for about 5k from behind on WotD, and do around 17k damage when they're on the ground (which I think is considered final blow).

Low stance spam attacks from behind on bossed you can't knock down, and really everything dies quickly. IAI strike from behind is also a blast.

If you like dual swords, there's a killer build that focuses on this one strike that you can easily kill bosses with (I forget the name).

i'll disagree there, as long as you dont invest into ki reductions on your weapon and such, you can get to 0 ki incredibly quickly with axe, especially with the chargeable moves like rumbling earth, lumber chop and such

>but it's "cheese" build is damage from behind, final blow damage and stacking the shit out of that.

Isnt that the cheese for every weapon type except axe?

>this one strike that you can easily kill bosses with
Either Windsotrm or Water Sword

you can do the same dmg as every other build with axe.

oh, idk, I thought 1kat was specifically the "final blow" build due to passives in that tree (and the uhh, special damage from behind skill).

But, yea I've seem someone do a similar build with the new large sword... was cool cause they could almost instantly deplete ki from human bosses (through blocks no less).

If Ninja's get nerfed, that's what I'm gonna try next.

I use lmao2kat and chain and sickle.

2Kat's cheese is the quick draw and spin.

The chain and sickle cheese is the pull in to a leg sweep to a final blow and a few squares as they get up. Works on pretty much any human enemy. Makes revenants and multi-boss boss fights cake.

I've found almost every revenant can be knocked down with a well timed and placed high-stance blow to their head. Usually before they start an attack, or even when they're in the wind up. It's made fighting every revenant super easy now. Even those canon-wielding sword assholes.

*purifies dead general*

yea, what happened there? We had a good run, then poof... silence.

playing the game, perhaps.

revenant farming happened

I thought that stopped being a thing? Now that their drops are randomized, it's easier to farm a quick / easy WotD mission, no?

DLC is weak. Didnt add a whole lot of new.

so if my weapong has elemental damage and i use an elemental buff with the same element, do they stack?

>Koei Tecmo are the masters of rehashing and low effort.

b-but this is not koei game aren't they publisher?

yes lets suddenly throw william 250+ years into the future

go play toukiden.

>he doesn't know

>Why would you ever help somebody in WotD?

because pvp is too retarded to enjoy sometimes, even if its a funny meme

woah there i didn't say a damn thing about william being in it.

They are the publishers who fund the game. If the director goes to them and asks them for a bigger budget to go in a different better direction I am sure koei is going to tell them no. Just do the same thing, worked for Dynasty Warriors and the other hundred musou we shit out every month.

>Game got patched

Did they fix revenant trading?

No

Ayyyy

That means we're probably safe for at least another week.

>play new 5honor update
>still same shit
>go back to nioh

how do the japanese do it

I wish Nioh had For Honors graphics. The new jap level looks fantastic.

its funny how that looks like its been through the age of peace when its in war

while Nioh is 100% places made for war

I still have no idea how to do Tempest with 1kat

parry, but with a block instead.

So is summoning revenants the only way to get glory if you're not a PS+ cuck

>wants the online-centric currency
>thinks online is for cucks

but then user realized he was a cuck all this time

>thinks online is for cucks
paying extra for it is

Not to the same degree as settling for fighting revenants for days while everyone else is having fun online and earning glory much faster.

>having fun online and earning glory much faster
With the broken PvP and retarded co-op partners? kek

take note, this was the best comeback he could find

enjoy farming forever just for one skin

enlighten me please?!?!!

>he can't carry his team in 2v2
If you are unable to win just because you're teamed with a D rank shitter you're probably a shitter yourself.

Read the last thread

okay, either I fell for a meme, or I just have to down-level in order to farm good gear from revenants?

I thought the whole issue was they randomized the stats of dropped gear? I'm clearly an idiot and need to be spoon fed like a little baby :(

>no Nioh 2 featuring a big dick American Cowboy manifesting destiny, slaying yokai and bringing freedom to those godless Japs. A katana on one hip, a .44 Smith and Wesson on the other.

>he can't carry his team in 2v2
Now we're projecting because we ran out of arguments eh? Never said anything about 2v2.

I said online isn't fun:
broken pvp refers to unbalanced builds and retarded co-op partners is literally what it says. They keep dying, take an hour to reach the boss, etc.

no user, KT is an asian history wanker

>decide to give Nioh pvp a try
>come up against some beefy looking fella with a spear
>match starts
>I hit him a few times and barely chip away his hp
>he kills me in 3 strikes

Ummm... was level matching too hard to implement or something?

>decide to give Nioh pvp a try
>Haven't beat the game yet, am lvl 95
>come up against some beefy looking fella with a spear
>match starts
>I hit him a few times and barely chip away his hp
>he kills me in 3 strikes

Ummm... was level matching too hard to implement or something?

i'd enjoy a game about that, though not under the nioh umbrella since it seems to have a good place in the "japanese history (with demons)" niche at the moment

only three hits?
he sounds underleveled.

Sorry misread your post. For some reason I thought you talked about 2v2 partners.

Why would you bring up co-op in a discussion about glory farming though? It is an incredibly slow method compared to PvP, even if you're shit at PvP.
Complaining about the partners being shit also makes little sense. Of course they're shit, if they weren't they wouldn't need help from a visitor or decide to do the level together with a companion. Only people not having an excuse to be shit are people being summoned as visitors.

just gear up or something

its not hard to start up WOTD and start getting good gear via nightmare modes

>Why would you bring up co-op in a discussion about glory farming though?

It's the only other source of glory online besides PvP. and it's also not fun.