Why do people like driving trucks?

Why do people like driving trucks?
>look at how much I can tow?
How is that shit fun? just get a fast coupe you faggots?

?

It's the utility and power of a van without the rollover risk, bad visibility and pedo stigma. They are also generally much easier to work on than any other vehicle you can find.

Why do people drive sports cars ? Look how fast I can go !! Lol.
Just get the truck.

>Why do people like driving trucks?
They're big and powerful, can go offroad, haul shit and fucking kill your dumb ass in your sport coupe in a wreck.

>just get a fast coupe you faggots?
Or you can have both like I do, but I mainly DD the truck.

Unless you need it as a fleet vehicle for your job, or you have a boat or something to tow, then there is literally no reason to own a truck other than because you have a small penis.
People buy these retarded huge trucks to compensate. Prove me wrong.

What about hauling loose or unsanitary materials?

>without the rollover risk

If you're an adult man with things to get done, you'll find that trucks are much more useful than any sports car

LARPing as hard-working, real men

I don't have a truck yet but I want one so I can haul my dirtbike/atv places plus it'd be nice in the shitty northern winters

>uuuh I'm manly, I got so many things to get done!
>haul a new washing machine home once a decade
>get a hundred pounds of wood at the hardware store for fence repair
>take some yard cuttings away
>uuuuuhhh .... maybe I'll buy an ATV, that'll show you critics about the practicality of trucks!
As a ratio of what they're capable of and what they're actually used for, privately driven trucks on average are probably the most underutilized egoboosting shitbarges in the world. (Note how I said "on average" and not "in every single case ever".)
>b-but maybe I just like to drive one for no reason,
Then at least have the balls to admit that you don't have an actual use for it. But of course if you had balls you wouldn't drive one for no reason.

I drive a 5.9 dakota do I have a small penis

You can always tow more than you can haul, so if you're in the market for just towing then a Wrangler with a cummings 4bt swap is way more practical. Low 30' mpg hwy and 400+ ftlbs tq.

This I kinda get, if we're talking about matching vans to the typical american domestic market truck, which to me seem to be very much designed to be used only on the road, which makes the tasks where a truck is the absolute best option become a lot fewer

This is also quite correct. Like he says, for a very big part/majority of the market trucks are very underutilized and quite often just ego-boosters. I use my truck very much as a truck, and put it to tasks a van wouldn't be able to due to the terrain, but I know plenty who are afraid to even make a small scrape in their plastic bedliner, or who owns a pickup because of "I need the cargo space", runs it on street-tires and never takes it offroad, and denying their hardest that something like a Toyota HiAce 4WD is a lot cheaper, has about twice as much space, uses less fuel and has an extra seat

stay mad yurop

Yea on average a lot are under utilized but a good amount of people use them for work so i get that, also i mean its just preference, I think hatch backs look like shit, who cares?

My first ride was an el Camino and I'd still drive it today if I could.

Why would you buy a truck or a van when you could get the ultimate utility vehicle?

please note: this does not apply to any other SUV's

Small truck/big engine is acceptable.

Holy shit, I basically wanted to type this exact thing but you beat me too it.

For private use unless you're towing a boat or ATVs or something like that then you'd really only ever actually use your truck for moving. And how often do you ever actually move? You might get a new washer or dryer or furniture for your house but most places deliver anyway, so you'd probably not use it anyway.

Just admit that you get the truck because it's big and you think that makes you look cool.

>posts car with truck engine
epic

Because I can't fit my engine hoist and the engine I bought for my project car in the back of my 4runner. Sure my little suv is good for small loads but anything really heavy makes it ride like shit and I risk damaging my interior.
>inb4 hurr get a trailer
I have one and I use it to haul my project car with my truck

>cause I can
>Cause fuck you
And that's the only explanation you are entitled to ya cock gobbling homosexual

>immediately gets defensive about his sexuality from a shitpost
found the closet fag

Remember people. BAN /osg/

THEY ARE CANCEROUS FUCKERS.

THEY BREAK THE RULES BY ADVERTISING.

THEY HAVE A JANITOR AND A MODERATOR PROTECTING THEM.

REPORT EVERY SINGLE OSG THREAD AND POST INSIDE OSG.

DO NOT STOP REPORTING.

>much easier to work on
Not without a crane for modern fuckhueg trucks

Dodge bro

Imagine being so insecure about yourself that other people's interests and property triggers you. Grow up faggot, some people can actually afford things

Why do you hate them? Did they tell you that your waifu is shit and your sticker is gay?

Who says trucks can't be fast? Some diesels can hit 120 if you really put it to the floor and thats in a 3 ton truck.

That's one clean derge man

>'merica

>denver

Race war when

Seriously though, try loading a 400lb dually axle into a van or SUV

I guess they like runned over bitches in demver?

i used a cherry picker
worked fine

Umm... no sweetie.

Try loading that into a bed that requires you to lift it up,not down into the bed

>Why do people like driving trucks?

Same reason people like driving the cars they like.

>DRR DRR DRR

Because I think it's cool looking, that's why.

>still huntan for a box.

same reason why big guns are fun to shoot, I guess
tons of power and tons of weight
also the driving position is high up, makes you feel safer and more confident

that's what Miatas are for

This.
Trucks have their needs, but not in the hands of a non-commercial owner that "haul" once every 2-5 years.
Nor is it ecofriendly.

If you don't take your "sports car" to the track every single day or use it's full performance potential constantly, Then you're just compensating. Prove me wrong.

Tuner fags think they're so above trucks. They should look in the mirror sometime, If they can even see up that high.

And they don't drive them all the time either.
A gas guzzling truck is worse than a sports car anyway.
The only reason they drive them is because they don't have as strict inspection, or worse yet, choose to live in a 3+3rd world country/state that don't have yearly inspections so the piece of shit is actually safe to drive.

Thanks babe

Because I got a free truck from family when they wanted to get a new truck. It's the only way I could afford to have a second vehicle for my family, I'm a poor shit.

>2' (60cm) of snow on ground.
>Trudge through snow.
>Open door, clear of snow. Muh high ground clearance.
>Jump up in cab.
>Start truck, put it in 4H
>Drive out in snow
>Never get stuck
>Get stuff done.

Salutations boys, freedom, cry freedom.

why not get both?

why are you comparing two different classes of vehicle you dumb fuck?

>Always wondered why people bothered daily driving trucks
>Seemed excessive
>Finally bought a fixer upper house, mainly wanted the property, pole barn, and garage
>Hauling building materials in the van is a hassle, next to impossible in my car
>Worked as a residential builder when I was younger, we always had a trailer
>Decided to start fixing the house
>Get tired of loading materials in the van, easily hit the payload rating anyways, rear leafs are sagging
>Looking at trailers, used 4x4s are a fraction of the price for a decent trailer
>Buy 94 F150 4x4
>6' bed, but it'll do
>Building waste, demolition projects, hauling is now always accessible and easy
>Those good deals you see on the side of the road are actually feasible

Still use my car for my long trips and city driving, but not nearly as much as I use to.

The truck is far easier to work on, better gas mileage, and loading is easier than the van.

Kind of wish I bought a truck sooner to be honest. The ability to throw literally anything into the back is amazing.

Clean up is even better. Couple seconds with the broom and I'm done.

The topic should be useful trucks vs. look-at-me brodozers.

Ford transit is god tier and I bet you would get BTFO in a race by a 3.7 transit.

I went from a civic to a truck because it's more crashproof. That's literally the only reason why I don't want small cars anymore. family suv is next escalade or some shit

Came here to post this

>mfw i see some fag get a car wash for his luxury tier truck that wasnt even dirty in the first place
>he gets out afterwards and wipes off all the water so it doesnt get spots on it

ucking america
he was also a 5'8 manlet

STOP LIKING THINGS!!!!! YOU CANT DO THAT!!!!! NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

He also had off road tires. He's never and will never ever fucking even drive on anything but pavement.

Small dick dicklet homo detected lol he's actually CRYING now LOL

That's why Toyota will always be the king of trucks

Aussies get out

Maybe the Tacoma, but tundras fucking suck to work on

The main problem with having a truck imo, is that everyone, friends and family, will come up to you whenever they need help moving anything, it gets kind of annoying after a while doing so much favors.

His loss because the things ruin your fuel economy and road noise. A truck with offroad tires will make a constant drone at highway speed.

Yeah man just load this into your coupe
Pull your friend's explorer(exploder) out a ditch in your coupe
Uproot trees with your coupe and cuck trailer
>terrible on gas
I get ~20 mpg with the v6 on all terrains
Just because some people use trucks as status symbols doesn't mean they're useless

>If you don't take your "sports car" to the track every single day

they dont have track days every single day.