Busrider soon on the road

I'm getting my first car after riding the bus for 12 years
>starting college in less than a month
>worked my ass off this summer and saved money from side jobs when I was in highschool (lawn work, neighborhood labor and what not)

I have $7'000 max to spend and I was looking into getting a
>BMW Z3
Any heads up?

I'm all ears to any and all information.
Pros / Cons lay it all on me don't hold back.
Thanks!

And if you're wondering, I'm a responsible 18 year old who will study Electrical Engineering.

read the sticky you stupid fuck

Get a 3k civic or a Miata.

Where are you at? What currency are you using?

You need to weld something in the rear chassis or something that breaks.

hopefully you have some extra money for repairs. it sounds like one big repair bill and youre fucked.
agreed. another thing about driving to school (atleast IME), is you should buy a parking pass. parking a nice car on the street sucks.

If you must have a car, buy a shitbox.

Spend the savings on having experiences that change your life for the better. Study a language and travel to the relevant country. Go on a roadtrip in a relative shitbox rather than park a bimmer in your garage.

If you're into cars get involved with a local motorsport team. Especially as you're studying electrical engineering. It will help your career as well.

>Be milennial
>Dude experiences lmao
>come back from dude experiences lmao with lots of pictures of dudes you met and had a few beers with
>Realize you can put all of that on your blog
>Well time to go get a job yep
>Realize you can't put all of that on your resume

Fuck experiences. Buy a 3k civic. Buy a 3k CBR. Spend the savings on additional education and covering living costs while you do shit like unpaid internships. Get a job. Go to work. Take a vacation. THEN "dude experiences lmao".

The only reason you go to college nowadays is to get a piece of paper and network to land a job. Paper is automatic if yoy don't fuck up, and networking isn't about how cool you are. It's how cool you are multiplied by how useful you can be in a pinch. Ideally:
>4+ seats (for friends)
>marque (for chicks and stat quo)
>quick and fun (for you and bros)
>manual (for you plus shows waning talent)
>decent trunk (obvious)
>convertible/targa (for chicks or fags)
>seasonal utility (location depending)
If you're bent on a bimmer get a 330 convertible, or 330ix conv if up north.

such a gay car lol

post boipucci, OP

>BMW Z3

You won't be able to keep it running for more than a month, and its highly impractical.

And worse yet your dumb bus riding ass is looking at an Automatic which defeats the purpose of the car.

4cyl z3's with the m44's are incredibly reliable cars but are very impractical as you cant carry shit in it. they are fun as fuck to drive in the twisties though. IMO get something like a civic or some other jap shitbox with incredibly cheap parts that are easy to service

is someone mad that their honda doesnt look cool

No just a BMW purist who doesn't idiots ruining the cars.

i had one

really liked looking at it

driving it, not so much. severe tramlining issues on rough roads. hardtop squeaked like crazy. Driving position was spot on for me though. It's pretty bulletproof honestly, simply because there's not much to go wrong besides the cooling system, which applies to all bmws of that era.

avoid automatics and 4 cylinders, get a 2.8 or a 3.0i The rest aren't very good.

Get a Miata or Honda Civic or Hona Prelude / all asian cars of late 90s, early 2000s. You Americans are stupid. Never buy used car out of warranty.

If i would be you, i would buy a large grandpa sedan. Like a Buick Roadmaster or Ford Taurus. Mercury Grand Marquis and so on. Big car huge engine built like tank. Also you will get cheap ones cause grandpa is dead and his grandson dont want his car cause he already have a 2012 BMW 3 series.

A BMW z3 is a shitbox in Germany. For around 5 000 € you could also buy BMW 5 series or Mercedes E-Class from some german boomer dad

Miata's seem far too small.
I live in Miami, I'll get crushed by our shit drivers.
Miami, Florida.
LOL, my brother has a Manual golf and I learned with that.
How about a Volks Golf?
I preferably wanna get a manual.
I don't live in Europe yet.

Bump