/brit/ - Brit/o/ General

Brit/o/ - post USC comedown edition

A thread for the British denizens of Veeky Forums.

Brit/o/ Garage: brit-o.co.uk/

----

Upcoming Brit/o/ Events:

Nothing concrete has been planned yet, however we are in the process of sorting out a welsh touge meet for some time this month or next

----

Recent Happenings:

USC was last weekend, and we all had a whale of a time, a few new faces showed up, many drinks where had , along with a couple of flat tires.
Thanks to all who attended for making it an excellent weekend.

----

Threads are a rarity as we mostly hang out in our own dedicated Slack chat, though we will be trying to get threads up more regularly. If you want to be added to the slack, just post up your email (it can be a throwaway), and you'll be invited in. We do actually discuss things of an automotive nature, don't fear. It's not all degeneracy.

Other urls found in this thread:

shakespearecountyraceway.co.uk/eventdetails.asp?event=86
youtu.be/uz5i9s-_sGA
discord.gg/arUkjv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wank me off.

Hybrids a shit

Turns out someone can't even remember when an event has been organised.
Late Summer Madness Public Track Weekend at Shakespeare Raceway. Join us for drag racing which includes the FWD shitbox cup. Bring snacks, booze and a tent.

Grandad has just passed away, who can recommend some roads in the south I can go vent on

guess the foreigner too

Tunnels

London tunnels? Will give it a shot. want to hit up some country roads too

Tunnel runs are hella fun, really nice athesthicc

are there many cameras in the tunnels? need somewhere I can put some speed down

No idea, you're on your own for that one

Ill check it out, thanks anyway general

Namefag cunt

I could actually make this meet...

Would this be the last meet of the year?

Last drag meet at least. Might be a meet at the Haynes car museum for a nice day out and a touge meet is in the works. If there's people in your area they would be down to chill I imgine. Feel free to post a burner email to join the chat.

Almost certainly not. We run pretty frequently meets and smaller minimeets as long as the weather isn't truly disgusting. We also have defender bro who doesn't afear of any weather.

No nightwave, no dogs, no Irish though

Late night comfy posting. Just got paid time to fuel up the shitbox to some wangan midnight ost and bask in mcdonalds yellow glow
youtu.be/uz5i9s-_sGA

Love it

anyone die at usc? weather was shitty in the morning and inevitably someone drives like an american and crashes in a straight line.

Stop Being A Pussy Street

Should we start a Brit/o/ discord?

No one "died" per say however the guy that brought the tofu van was very VERY drunk Saturday night and was tapping my car window at night while i was trying to sleep saying "user, COME GET CRUNK WITH ME"
He eventually found his way (worryingly on his own) to the rave tent and stank of gin and tonic with the biggest hangover ive ever seen the next day

Reminder that Shakespear is a fun fun fun time

well im glad you all survived the trip, normally someone killing their car or getting arrested is par for the course at USC.

also did anyone see how rough stacey lacey is these days?

Honestly she looked somewhere inbetween her photo shoots and her home video red tube videos. So basically not slept in days but still tarted herself up if you understand my mean.
We already have a discord
discord.gg/arUkjv

woah man thats totally edgy hahah!!!!1111!

Look guys Pruebe has taken off his trip

Evening boyos

*Rusting Intensifies*

Parents have said they'll stump up half the money for a new car if they have some input into what it is, so I'm probably getting a 2011 Fiesta Metal (basically the ST without the turbo and with worse brakes). Looks like a pretty fun car and weirdly will be a few hundred quid cheaper to insure than my 2004 1.2 Fiesta.

Hopefully by the time I get rid of it I'll be able to get hold of a GT86 or STI for 7 or 8 grand

Fiesta Metals were a Semi-Special edition model. Quite nice too. Good choice.

It seems a bit too good to be true if anything, it has a very good trim spec and only 35k miles for 6 grand. I'll give it a good look over and make sure to see how it goes when I test drive it.

Get an MR2 uleh

I will at some point, I really want an SW20.

Come to shakes drag meet too, it'll be fun!

We're also doing JAE, though it isn't a major meet

When?

Whats this?

Shakeys is end of september

mind you the discord is mostly used for when we play games, all the meet stuff is planned on the slack. which is easy to get into, use a temp email like grr . la and post it here and we can invite you

If you're looking about for a first car that's and reasonably nippy and generally nice but not too expensive too insure try a CRZ, they're not everyone's cup of tea but insurance was surprisingly cheap for me and its a lovely little car, albeit not awfully practical if you want rear seats

If you wan more deets or to get to know the crew throw us a burner email and pop into the slack, we don't bite

Do not dump £10k on a car and insurance as a first car

No need to spend that much money, you can pick one up in good nick for 4-5k, If you want to spend more spend it, but don't feel obliged to dump money on a car you don't reckon you'll keep for long

And if you're going to have to spend around 2k for your first year of insurance, might as well spend it insuring a car you like

This'll be a second car, I passed my test around 6 months ago and have a new job that will be a lot more driving around so I need something more substantial. When I insured after my test it cost me £1400, this (with nearly twice the power) will be under a grand, both without a cuckbox.

Nice lad, must be fun not being 18

yep, the way it's worked out I'm effectively insuring a lukewarm hatch as a 22 year-old for 200 quid because I'm getting an £800 refund from my old insurer.

>mx5s are just going to rot
>bmws are stupidly expensive to insure
>volvo 340s have rear leaf springs, rot and have glass propshafts

is there such a thing as a smallish RWD car that is actually worth owning? i guess maybe an is200 but they are kinda big and heavy. wat do?

MR2, various MGs

Buy is200, strip everything, if you've got money tarbo it or do an engine swap, either way most cheap and small RWD cars and going to be pretty rusty, especially if they're Japanese

get a non rusty mx5
get a 3.0l+ bmw as the insurance is cheaper than the 4 bangers
the fact you can fit a clio 182 or the megan lump directly into the 340 is all you need to know.

This is a good shout, SW20's are dirt cheap although most will have some degree of rust, if you can get past the odd styling W30's are a lot of car for not too much money

>non rusty mx5
thats what i kind of want to do, but i know it will just be a matter of time before it needs major welding. but not sure if its a case of months or years.
>3.0+ BMW
nah, tried that and its even worse, plus they are quite a bit more expensive to buy.
>clio 182 lump in 340
yeah i know, needs some modding to sump iirc, but doesnt change the fact that the prop will just give up after too long with that sor

*sort of power

dependent on where you live, if you get a lot of salt on the roads it probably wont survive the winter, though if you underseal it and try to avoid wet weather you'd be alright

fuck w30 styling is great in real life. You just need to get used to it and you notice a lot of nice lines that only reveal themselves to the owner.
>that highlight that goes from bottom to around air intakes that you only see when you slowly open a door to a dark garage
MRS is fucking badass and beautiful, but only to the one that loves it.
MRS is true car waifu

so what do you guys do at these meets? eat whataburger?

A Dolomite lad

Is that a Rover badge on the front?

Relax, talk about car and shout wank me off at people.

Opening the rear door to taffy's Transit on Sunday morning only to have a welshman blearly eyed looking at us through a haze of gin fumes and stale sweat will be a lasting memory. I'm almost glad your 205's gearbox commited seppuku.

Fantastic weekend, and it was great to see you all again. Would have liked to take the Starlet GT down the strip to see what time I could get on the gripper Santa Pod tarmac, but alas, my boost keeps escaping.

I find the front end slightly unappealing, and the overall soft edged nature of the design not my cup of tea, however every time I see one in white with a wing I get the most incredible urge to by one. Still a bit ugly imo, but fuck me I want one

Drag meets involve barbecuesz booze and bants, touge meets are what you'd expect with a maccas thrown in somewhere along the way

Quick pic of the gearbox when I took it apart.

Note to self gearboxes are pretty awkward.

yeah im not going to avoid wet weather. desu im probably going to daily it, dont ever have passangers or need boot space so the practicality doesnt bother me at all, I just want something i can keep for a few years and not end up a pile of rust. im not entirely concerned about rwd, awd would work too, just nothing small has it (apart from subary justy, but the diff on those would explode with any extra power)

One of our mechanics can explain why Justy's are not to be bought, those things are a nightmare

Tbh considering this is Britain you probably wont find anything small RWD and cheap to insure, you'd be better off buying a FWD shitbox as a daily.

eh thats what i have atm, just want to find something thats worth taking care of. desu if it wasnt for the fact that they have rear leaf springs i would go for a 340.

>mx5's are just going to rot

not at all buddy, nice ones are still about. pic related, my wotsitwagon

yeah but considering im probably going to dd it, it really wouldnt last that long. ive seen a few decent ones without much rust, but it would just be a matter of time before it needed welding

Who are you and why are you not in the slack
Also that's actually a really nice colour

ew why are whites so fucking ugly???

British people are not attractive.

I'd say just learn to weld, its a great skill to have, especially if you're into 80's and 90's jap car

ew why are tripfags so fucking autistic???

post a picture of yourself pls

>cant even see the token black guy

Quick reminder that carbs are better than injection.

Another reminder.

eh not really into jap cars in particular, just happens that the mx5 is small cheap and rwd. i would get a bmw if the insurance wasnt so expensive

i would not say better but they are more fun

s e x y
e
x
y

what engine?

4A-GE

TU5J2, a proper engine, none of this DOHC shit.

>proper engine
>SOHC

Say all you want, you know I'm right.
God intended SOHC with 8valves to be the best engine ever, none of this jap crap that has 16valves with one cam.

>TU5J2
106 rallye?

Yeah, the bottom end is off an s2 rallye and the head is off an xsi, same engine pretty much. I got a big lumpy stick in it, quite a bit of head work and changed it from injection to carb using a dizzy off an older engine I had.

I dd mine my dude, and i usually put it through at least 500 miles a month minimum
i've not been to an event yet my dude

Join us cunt, post a burner email and meet us at JAE or Shakespeare raceway

sure thing man

[email protected]

>[email protected]
Sent ;)

Would it be cool if I joined the slack despite the fact that I'm still working on getting my license?

Definitely man, not everyone has a car yet, we've got a few younger lads too, throw us an email and have a chat, we might even be able to be of some assistance

[email protected]

Check your email for an invitation lad

you can easily do a 5-link conversion for the 300 series (£1500 brand new and £400 - 600 used), the 360 has a torque tube rather than the wank prop shafts in the 340 and there's plenty about in solid condition mate

also, you can swap in a b230ft with minimal effort in a 360. bolts right in, just need a water pump and a wiring sorted

where the hell do you find 360s for sale though? theres none on gumtree autotrader or ebay, only 340s.

join volvo 300 mania and pre 1996 cars for sale uk on facebook and keep an eye out

>Pre 1996 cars for sale uk
Top advice that place is a gold mine