/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including cartoons and comics. Show music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #761 - Embracing the Autism edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsGeneral Interest LinksSonic News

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NsZj2izFqyk
twitter.com/warrengraff/status/864507805331476480
strawpoll.me/12980226
picarto.tv/KaylaNa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

All right, now that the bomb's dropped, what kind of character are you building? Female Bird and/or Bubsy reporting.

I can't not make Busy at this point.

I want foxes.

MALE BIRD REPORTING RIGHT IN WANTING TO FUCK JET AND STORM

DON'T KNOW HOW SHOULD I FEEL ON THIS

Reposting from drowned bread.

Honestly this isn't so bad.
Millions of OC donuts Steeles basically means there is no new Character. Nothing Canon is added, people get to dick around with character generation in Sonic, maybe have a few laughs, everyone forgets about it by next game and no lasting damage is done.
Canon-wise this is a superior option to any new official characters. We didn't get a Silver or Shadow or Princes Maria. We got the Bloodbourne character creator.

Gameplaywise the type options actually intrigue me. I wonder of Sega will add options to change the speed/weight/traction/accell/jump height of characters as well. That could be seriously innovative.

It could have been a lot worse.

It's not worse user. Character creation is a true treat to give to fans.

The problem is doing it good. I fear this will be too conscriptive and restrictive creative freedom.

seems the /v/ mods are playing Coldsteel trailers in the threads flipping their shit about OCs

>Nothing Canon is added, people get to dick around with character generation in Sonic, maybe have a few laughs, everyone forgets about it by next game and no lasting damage is done.
I can't imagine what it's like to be this naive. You've got it completely backwards. This effectively makes at least half of the autistic donut steels (including Coldsteel depending on the options) quasi-canon. Sonic is already one of the most autistic and broken fandoms out there, and this only adds fuel to the fire. The series will NEVER live this down.

That said, I'm impressed at Sega/Sonic Team/whatever's sheer balls. The absolute madmen.

gonna mod in loli blaze

>mfw I just woke up and saw this

youtu.be/NsZj2izFqyk

>OC is called Buddy

Someone dig through previous threads and FIND THAT LEAK.

Seems that the leak was on the money in pretty much every way.

why are there two sthg threads?

I want to play as ShadCream.

>more forced Tails drama

I really hope this at least isn't true. It was so awkward in Lost World.

twitter.com/warrengraff/status/864507805331476480

FUCK

well there goes MY preorder

REEEEEEEEEEEE

I liked the writing in Sonic Colors.

Has the autism calmed down yet? Can we talk about this game without everyone going apeshit?

I mean specifically posts like

You know, I just woke up and saw the news, and I instantly thought how fucking stupid this is and it's the worst idea ever etc., but you what? The only reason I'm having that reaction is because of all the jokes about Sonic OCs through the years. Yeah, this game is going to be a source of endless "Coldsteel donut steel Deviantart Sonichu Chris-Chan autism" jokes, but who cares about those faggots? I'm not keen on this feature, but it's just a character creator, in any other series it wouldn't be seen as a joke. The new gameplay of the new guy swinging around looks cool, and the fact that there's a fucking vocal track during gameplay is giving me an erection, I love that shit.

aw fug no
Looks like it is true. God damn it. This story's going to be so fucking retarded.

what the fuck is Sega thinking?

Damn. Tails is getting incredibly gay for Sonic. Might as well just toss Amy to the trash considering his fanatical devotion outstrips hers.

Anyone else getting Boom Sonic vibes from the OC character's gameplay? Specifically Fire and Ice Boom Sonic? I mean, aside from the weapon thing it seems pretty similar.

Makes me think that maybe early in development, it actually was Boom Sonic, but then when the backlash surrounding the Boom game came about Sonic Team scrapped him in favor of an OC creator character.

This is total speculation, of course, but it really wouldn't surprise me if that was the case. At the very least I'd be interested in what compelled Sonic Team to do such a thing.

It probably was Boom Sonic. Why do you think the character creator's relatively barebones and the default character's proportions line up 1:1 with Boom Sonic? He was even featured at the 25th anniversary.

There was art that had all three Sonic's for the anniversary. They may have been looking to pull a Classic.

How are furries feeling about the occ business?

Pretty happy. It's seems that only the Sonic 'hardcores' are bothered by it.

Male bird, but I'll finally have the chance to make Meme the Parakeet

Birds are delicio- I mean, beautiful!

So since only seven animals will be available to select at the initial launch, what species would you like to be added to the creator?

strawpoll.me/12980226

There's a serious lack of lewd blaze on the internet

Where's fox?

I thought the existing Wolf species covered it.

I was seriously hoping for a mecha character given the moveset. It would also help fill this shard shaped hole in my heart

I already know which artist is going to jump on this train.

A wolf is not a fox.

eh, both are canines so i figured it would be redundant to put fox in as an option.

This is now thread #762

bros before hos

Carol the Wildcat
Milla the Basset Hound

>This is now thread #762
Word.

>Game is written by them
>Sells well
>"Hmmm, perhaps we should get the people that made this well selling game to make the next one."

Maybe if I blind myself I can pretend niggajews don't exist

DESTINY

LIES BEFORE YOU

Genuinely curious what SEGA will take out of the best OCs they like from this game. Probably nothing like Namco Bandai in Xenoverse

Rabbit all the way

The gameplay looked lacklustre but vocal tracks always get my hype

UP

are you implying that silver and shadow aren't great?

Yeah, but that was their only good Sonic game and the one they were least involved in. They've been getting more control over the story and writing each game, and it's only gotten worse.

I only like this niggajew when she does free art.

>stops making money
apparently LW and Boom didn't make enough money. if what said is true, if the game doesn't reach the million mark then sega considers it a failure. Neither of these games got console sequels and were blasted by critics & fans alike.

OVER

Why the fuck are we getting both a wolf AND a dog as choices? That's like giving us both a cat and a lynx, a rat and a mouse, a hedgehog and an echidna. They're the same fucking thing. There had better be more unlockable races.

I usually hate OC's, but I genuinely like this one's design.

What are some good video games for escapists, lads?

Sega would never take an OC as official because of all the problems that could cause.

But they could make a contest and like give a gift to the best ones.

Do we have a good clear view of the Character Creator like the options?

wolves and dogs are different, they're both canines and related in that way but the "dog as domesticated wolf" thing is basically a myth

I wonder if they'll make the OC mute apart from one instance where they say "Baldy McNosehair" because fuck everything

I could swear that post is a fucking repost from the last gen.
Just fucking stop already why don't you?

You all mocked me when I told you all the fact that OCs and their creators are the cancer killing Sonic and need to be purged. Well look who was right, it was me

There shouldn't be echidnas for lore reasons.

qt dog maybe. Or maybe a bear and mimic Bark's attire if possible.

This is a path I never expected to go down, but now that it's official I guess there's no choice.

I almost forgot that I'm finally able to turn pic related into a real thing.

That is, if you can change the beak and the hair, of course.

This actually looks okay. Maybe it'll be in the OC Maker?

Also, sauce?

JUST A BRIEF REMINDER

DO NOT USE MY CHARACTERS IN YOUR GAME

THEY ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED UNDER INTERNATIONAL LAW

IF YOU STEAL THEM, THEY WILL BE REMOVED FROM YOUR HARD DRIVE VIA UPDATE AND YOU WILL BE SUED.

DO NOT STEAL MY PROPERTY. THIS IS A WARNING

>forces character creation contest

This. SEGA might've shit all over Knuckles as a character, but at least we've still got the lore.

Imagine this OC mode with PC mods.
You'll be able to play as A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G

>Buddy is the equivalent of the Justice League recruiting some dude off the street to be a member.

So, Cyborg?

So did they post video of what the third gameplay is like? does it look fun? pic related is what I'm hoping for

I love that there is a new Sonic game releasing that is forcing you to make an OC.

God bless this planet, and all who inhabit it. Day one buy.

>A wolf is not a fox.

...uh, okay? My point was that the franchise itself isn't going to die because a game doesn't sell as well as they projected, or if it's a critically panned game. As long as it sells at all, Sega'll keep the IP around indefinitely.

What, you think that if Forces somehow doesn't meet projected sales they'll straight up cancel the next major 3D Sonic title? Pardon me if I'm skeptical.

>So did they post video of what the third gameplay is like?
Yes
>does it look fun?
No. Think The generations """""classic""""" gameplay but with forced grappling hook segments that essentially play themselves in the same way the cards do in sonic 4.

Wolf - Fang/Knack, Antone, Lupe, Fulkwulf
Dog - Ben Muttski, Chip, Doomguy, Sleuth Doggy Dawg
Cat - Honey, Ebony, Nicole, skinny Big, Bubsy
Rabbit - Carrotica/ that white rabbit ,Bunnie, Jack, Johnny
Bird - Bean, Speedy,
Bear - Bark, Bearanger
Hedgehog - Brizzy, Scourge, Boom Sonic, Sonichu

It's literally just Modern Sonic with some gadgets and weapons.

Well, yes, they are different, but I'm talking about the big-picture here. They had the entire animal kingdom to choose from and they made two of the choices a dog and a wolf? Really? Why not a mouse, or a lizard? If you're going to give us only 7 choices then variety should be the focus.

That's not really relevant to my post, though I agree.

I think she's actually starting to do requests right now.

picarto.tv/KaylaNa

Not gonna buy this for obvious reasons, but I look forward to seeing all your OC content being posted here for lols.

God speed, /sthg/

>canon
>sonic

Pick one.

>drop the franchise last year until mania comes out
>the new "3d" game is called resistance
>oc creator

what the fuck

Did /v/eddit go back yet?

Fair point

Iizuka please leave.

No, the OC defenders are still here.

Buddy even has a ton of gadgets.

We might actually rival Dragon Ball general at this point.

I'm already calling it that the there will be on-disc DLC on launch that will include more creatures to make your OC with.
There's no way they would only give us this few.

That muzzle looks huge.

Are there even echidna species choices in the creator?

>OC creator
Pre-ordered faster than the speed of light

I thought there were new writers for Forces.

Was it all just a lie?