twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/
youtube.com/watch?v=fU8y9MZl8Rc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

PIKES

AND TAKE IT EASY

We should have destroyed Norsca, every man woman and child, many years ago!

*shouting*

Enough! Dietershafen is lost, and our northern allies have failed us. Where was the last report of his whereabouts?

My spies tell me that his forces have moved to the east, we must expect an attack on Erengrad!

This is nonsense, no attack is coming - Kislev controls Troll Country. He's not attacking, he's making allies! At this very moment he courts the One-Eye, the Beastmen! The warherds will rise up against us and the Drakwald will be lost once more!

Ridiculous! Middenland won't stand for it! Our forces have sole military access to their forests. I believe the attack will come from the Chaos Wastes themselves - he intends to travel across the World's Edge Mountains, and into Ostermark - Sylvania will revolt, and sweep across from the east

Thats wild speculation!

He will come not from the north, nor the east - our traders in the south report that he has forged an alliance with the tribes of the Bjornling. He intends to circumnavigate the Empire and sail his army-

To the Badlands perhaps!

He would lose half his army to attrition alone! The other half would desert!

We must defend Blackfire Pass!

And do you expect the orcs to welcome him when he arrives?

I suppose he will bring with hem, an army of Chariots!

Elector Counts, I dare say that would be quite a feat, even for the great Surtha Ek.

Threadly Reminder that Nagash Was Weak

Did Will kill himself after Rome 2?

>Facebook stream
What a dumb idea

Did they actually show any of the units in game or give any details?

totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/

only unit list

So people say that in warhammer, anti-X is +melee attack and dmg. But missile weapon can also has anti-X, so is it only +dmg for missile or is there anything else?

Just talking and looking at little plastic models that the camera didn't zoom in on. Joey's thick thighs were the most engaging thing to be seen, the info they did give on the units was interesting too, just nothing worth turning the video to HD for, other than what I previously mentioned.

Any waifus announced?

Rate my LL

KHAZUKAN
KHAZAKIT
HAAAAAAA

>yesterday I made a joke post about Lizardmen having only the four types of dinos + Cold Ones that have been already shown
THEY
FUCKING
DID
IT

Wasn't there a faggot here bitching about how we'd never get Kroxigors?

Eat shit and die you pathetic subhuman scum

Yes he got BTFO, but calm down user.

the roster is considerably complete desu, gotta leave some for the dlc

>gotta leave some for the dlc

They didn't have to, but I felt relief when I saw the list at least.

poor will

does anyone have the image with all the units from factions saying phrases from the series, when we were all really hopeful for R2TW?

Is that Spore Creature Creator?

How do I play the Empire lads?

Swordsmen or Spears for early game anvil?

What artillery for which occasions?

Usually I can take Marienburg early. But where do I go from there? I usually try to confederate Middenland or Wissenland next. Do I try and conquer Bretonnia lands? Or put a stop to the Vamps as early as possible?

Should I just babysit my fellow Elector counts, or take their lands by force. I heard grabbing Ostland is good because of the Gold.

go buttfuck the mountain gobos and the treehuggers early

Skylanders creator app

Cmon dude, don't be so harsh. If they release too many units now they won't have enough for the DLC.

7.5/10 Roster

Biggest loss is no salamanders, they better come in DLC (I hate having to say this).

I'm gonna try experimenting giving irondrake missile attacks to squigs now to see if I can sort a day 1 mod out.

>swords or spears
Its honestly personal preference - I will typically go with swords/spears w/ shields, depending on which factions I expect my army to be fighting - spears vs armies w/ more large/monstrous units, swords vs more inf focused factions. I also use halberds vs chaos/vamps, as the lack of shields isn't a big deal.

>artillery
Cannons are good vs cavalry, and factions with dense infantry formations (dwarfs/chaos). They are also your best counter-battery artillery.

Mortars are very accurate at high exp levels, and can be used to punish large enemy infantry blobs. If placed far enough behind your lines, their minimum range will line up with where the enemy troops group up on your anvil units, which allows you to use the alt + right click targeting, which is incredibly accurate at close ranges. Best vs unarmored factions that like to bring lots of melee units imo (beastmen/greenskins/vamps/other empire factions)

Hellstorms are your other best option for punishing unarmored hordes, but are much better at attacking an advancing army than mortars. They look/sound cool as hell, but aren't effective once the bulk of the enemy army makes it into melee, unless they have archer units you can shoot at

Hellblaster is very niche, with short range and fast fire. I don't like to use it very much, but it is probably best used when you have light wizards for nets, and steam tanks for creating phat juicy blobs for them to shoot at

Luminark is good for single target killing, but has some problems targeting in my experience

>early game
usually after marienburg is dealt with, the beastmen who beeline for helmgart (if you haven't already dealt with them) and skarsik are next on my shit-list

Mix of both, depends on what enemies you're facing.
Mortar is great all around, Cannon is mostly shit but can be a lifesafer against Monstrous Infantry (think Trolls, Minotaurs and the like) and slow cavalry, Hellblaster for when they have low armor and Volleygun for everything else.

After Marienburg try to confederate Stirland and start working on removing Vampires as soon as possible. Trust me, when Chaos rolls around you don't wanna be dealing with the double dipping of Corruption. After that just work on that confederation game.

Don't try and invade Bretonnia at any point, just work on getting their relationship up. If they take Marienburg, it's a coin toss between letting them have it and do a quick war then suing for peace. This because they're a great buffer if the Wood Elves decide to restart the Leafesbauch and you need land on the frontline when Chaos hits to not let them get too strong.

Usually pick 3 or 4 Elector Counts to sympathize with, and go from there. The autists tend to start wars with each other quite often, so just support your Elector Counts of choice with defensive alliances and get trade deals and military access with everyone at best.
I usually pick Middenland and Wissenland to cozy up every game, because Boris is very strong (and has an unique model, wowow) and helping him usually means grabbing Hochland early then confederation for MAXIMUM ELECTORADE and Wissenland because they get their shit kicked in early most of the times so they're ripe for confederation.

Tablacladen (or whatever it's pronounced) is another great choice for early confed because they tend to get bullied a lot by their neighbors, same with Stirland

Forgot to add, once you get Luminark get that instead of cannons, it's seriously hardcore and lategame the Regiments of Renown are worth it no matter what.

The Hammer of the Witches slaughters infantry blobs, the Sunmaker fires so fast it usually expends all ammo before the lines clash and the Templehof Luminark has half the reason you take a Light Wizard as it's CD-only ability (Net of Amintok). Can't go wrong with RoRs.

Spearmen for anti large, swordsmen to hold the line, mortars are good.

Get Marienburg, kill the gobbos and vampire cunts.
Fuck the rest of the Empire, the AI will just shit on you or die like fucking retards more often than not.

After crushing several rebel armies and executing the survivors we are now swimming in mnai. With the newly acquired wealth I've built roads and expanded my trading networks further boosting my income, I've built some administrative buildings in newly subjugated areas improving the public order making my realm more stable. It's time to start marching south towards the Alps.

always swordsmen

always mortars early game

All early game armies are just chaff so spears are only useful if you're too poor for swords.

As empire I always build up Reikland ASAP so I have walls in every settlement as well as a farm. If you also put a farm in Altdorf you'll have a tier 5 city by turn 45~ which gives you access to your entire roster apart from 1 unit if you build properly (you forfeit either luminark or demigryphs IIRC).

Until that point I just kind of fuck around taking provinces close to me or starting wars with vamps and after that point you can pretty much do what you want.

The rebels having been starved out are sallying forth to meet our Suebi army, Harkilaz should have this under control

A thick fog has come down on the battlefield

anyone have that screenshot of a forest battle in rome total war with the entire battlefield being covered in trees

Is the double i "ii" in latin pronounced ee or ee-i.

In rome 1 the did tree-are-ee-i

In rome 2 they did tree-are-ee-ee

They're more like flame cannons than irondrakes.

The two forces meet outside the city's walls, the skirmish has begun

As the defending force comes charging down the hill they are met with yet another barrage of missiles while the skirmishers retreat

The battle is now fully underway

It's only been discovered fairly recently how Romans might have probably pronounced latin (and it sounded fucking dumb), so most schools just teach you to use you local language's rules when pronouncing latin words.

Harkilaz swings the left flank towards the city's gates, preventing the defending force from retreating inside the city

Whats his fucking problem?

>people are still wondering about the preorder DLC

Silly manthings, do you think not revealing anything about the Sk*ven was just a meem-meem?

The rebels are desperately trying to get back in the city, but Harkilaz's troops were already at the gates

Corpses litter the city's entrance

What's the best map pack for TW:WH?

Not sure if I want to download this huge compilation.

Swordsmen are better, unless you will be facing monster-heavy armies (you won't in the early game)

>What artillery for which occasions?
Can't go wrong with Mortars
Cannons agaisnt cav and monsters
Rocket blasters against loads of low-armor infantry (aka never)
Volley guns have a niche murdering stunties, not that great outside that
Luminark if you need the enemy Lord and giant monsters GONE

Either go buttfuck Skarsnik for the sweet diplomacy bonus, go take Bretonnia lands before BretNATO shapes up or remove Vampire scum, your choice there (also, you may want to get into good terms with Middenland, to confederate Boris)

Ostland is shit, too close up North to be worth it, if you need the money from gold, go take Drakenhof

Minor Settlement Pack is generally considered the best
Grand Campaign has a lot of good stuff but none of it is really suited for the campaign. Maps are too big and too complicated for the AI to utilize

Go big or go home

plz help me understand how flying units work in warhammer, I can't seem to find any decent info

Can they take off while in melee combat, or are they stuck in melee? Is there any way to hit and run with them or what? I thought they would act atleast some what like cavalry but I am having a hell of a time pulling them out of combat. I either give them just a movement order to move away, or a withdraw order or whatever and it just gets cancelled after a short while and they continue fighting. Then I had several vargheist groups just slowly walk on the ground as people were chasing them.

Is it just that once they're in the melee, that's it? Or does any melee unit engaging it need to be engaged by a different unit in melee before flying units can take off, or what?

if you pull them out of combat, and are not being attacked, they will fly again

>I am having a hell of a time pulling them out of combat
That's common in TWW, you are doing nothing wrong, keep giving orders to move away and they will eventually obey

They need an open runway to pull back up. It can be a pain in the ass to get them out of big masses of units, sometimes have to give them a lot of attention and spam click their assess out of there

Flying units need to avoid taking damage for a few seconds before they can start flying again. Its actually pretty easy to get them stuck into something they cant leave without taking a ton of damage
Its usually safer to just let fliers land down for a few seconds and pull them out again if you're worried about getting swarmed. You gotta pick isolated targets or units that are already in combat

Spears are exclusively for cav or monsters, otherwise they are inferior to swords for holding a line. Also don't waste money getting shield units if you are using that army against VC or Chaos as they have no range.

Mortars are great in almost every situation, accurate, good arc, good damage and splash. Cannons are for fast moving targets or big targets and lords. Hellfire is mortar on crack with a worse arc, have to be careful of friendly fire. Hellblaster is trash.

For campaign strategy take Marienburg early, don't try to fight Vrettonia, just ally with them and the dwarves and get trade agreements. Then pick a couple empire sub factions to ally and confederate. Don't try to do them all or you will get fucked up in diplomacy. I like nuln for the special cannon foundries. Build volkmar as your primary anti-vamp and chaos army since he can stack high corruption reductions iirc. Also make sure to get a witch hunter or two early on and spec them up for assisnate and maybe one point in accusation for embedding and killing VC lords, they are extremely helpful.

Every time they take damage in melee a cooldown starts preventing them from taking off.

Do I need the final tier cav units for the bret final battle? I had a few squads left to kill but I ultimately lost. Is it worth using archers and trebs because by half way through they ran out of ammo?

I like using trebs as bait so I can hit them from behind with my knights. And yes, you probably want grailbros for that.

Will's a cunt

"Complete"

Lizard gameplay WHEN

There will be something at E3 almost certainly

right now on TW youtube channel

People complaining about Ferals are literally just looking for shit to bitch about.

I haven't seen people complain about ferals.

Calling lords pack content now:
Lord - Skink Oracle (Troglodon mount)
Ancient Stegadon w/ Engine of the Gods
Salamanders
Ripperdactyls
maybe Ark of Sotek if they can figure out new mechanics

>they can figure out new mechanics
Mortis Engine without the healing and which poisons affected units, those units get a snakes particle like the Lord of change has with tentacles

You totally want Grail knights, the battle is long and exhaustion is a bitch

What does /twg/ think of the OST for TWW?

youtube.com/watch?v=fU8y9MZl8Rc

Is it up to scratch?

Will TWW2 be better or worse?

Which Total War game has the best soundtrack?

>Which Total War game has the best soundtrack?

Shogun 2

>inb4 R/M2fags post their generic drum shite

Warhams has some great tracks and some really forgettable ones.

What are the actual stat effects of exhaustion?

WHERE ARE MY RAZORDONS AND SALAMANDERS CA? THE RANGED OPTIONS ARE FUCKING SHIT FOR LIZARDMEN AT THE MOMENT!
YOU OWE ME CA

Trash, I can't remember any of the songs and I have 750 hours

I only remember that one campaign map theme with the woman humming, gets stuck in my head sometimes.

I think it could do with being a bit more loud and excitable, but I do remember parts of the Skirmish themes.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I HAVE ASCENDED TO A FUCKING HIGHER PLANE OF ANGER.

LOOK AT HOW ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUSLY CLOSE THIS BATTLE WAS (fucking grave guards don't fucking die god damn)

AND THIS HYPER NIGGER STEALS THE FUCKING CITY DIRECTLY AFTER THE BATTLE, BECAUSE ENEMIES SALLYING OUT CANCELS THE SIEGE FOR NO REASON.

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHY

>Going after Manny before dealing with Templehof

Wew.
How did you experience 100% losses compared his 99.99% and still win?

and I would've gotten away with it too.

seriously, enemies sallying out against a siege shouldn't make it so the enemy can just walk through the siege and take the city. The siege doesn't even fucking cancel if you win anyways, it keeps going, why the fuck would it break for just the interim.

I was the one with only 1 guy left, carstein managed to fight off the remainder of 3 grave guards while they crumbled and survived with less than 100 HP left

>the way the dev explained it Sauras are basically good at literally everything
Are they actually like that on TT? Like chaos warrior equivalent dudes?

Oh right, I am dumb. I didn't even look at the emblems and just assumed the top number would be the players.

Yes, they're basically slightly worse chaos warriors statswise. Lizardmen have a really good melee core because of them.

They're basically as good in melee as Chaos Warriors with better leadership but also have way worse armor

They are strong and fairly tough and have decent armour with shields and they have nigh unbreakable leadership of 8 WITH cold blooded so they only have to roll an 8 on three dice, the average being 9. They also get a lot of attacks for a tough unit with predatory fighter giving them a 1/6 chance to attack again. It's mainly their armour, initiative (slower than most factions) and lack of strogn weapons like halberds or great weaposn that let them down.

What faction should I start with in Attila?

that one. Minor settlements is garbage and it still fucks up the ai. at least the grand campaign maps are immersive and break up the extreme monotony of the game. Also the maps replace the boring standard sieges whereas the minor settlements don't take affect if the city has walls.
If fairness in a campaign is important to you I wouldn't use any map mods.

How come only Grail knights have an anti-fatigue skill?

Shouldn't some chaos units get it as well?

I'm seeing lots of campaign talk in this thread.

So how do I into welves? I tested out their campaign a little and it looks interesting but very finicky.
How do I balance my capital advancement with world tree advancement in terms of amber consumption? Should I fight my neighboring welf factions or try and MA with them? How do I economy with them for that matter? Sack Brettonian lands?

>-2374: Lord Hua-Hua of Xlanhuapec claims victory in a 500 year old debate about what to do about the younger races. No other Slann speaks to Lord Hua-Hua for the next thousand years in protest.

Based lord Hua-hua

Maybe on TT.

in TWW Irondrakes are more like flame cannons than flame cannons because they have something that actually resembles a template weapon.

Which is worse, Empire or Rome 2?

I bet he lives in fantasy Brazil.

you don't. welves are some of the most fun armies to use in combat but their campaign mechanics are awful

>no Ark of Sotek
>no Jungle Swarms
>that means there will be no tomb swarms or rat swarms either

Those skink cohorts better come with war drums.

empire without a doubt. Sieges with cannons is still 100% bugged and unplayable. Rome 2 is just fine now after the emperor edition, played two campaigns without any issues. Couldn't even play it before that.

Now if we're talking at launch, that'd be a good question. I was only a lad when empire came out and I don't remember shit because I just did stupid custom battle shit.

>tfw no skrox units

derp

Empire was still worse because of campaign AI that made vanilla R1 look good, battle AI that just zerged in melee and fucking BSOD