Rotary advice. Also; Rotary thread

Looking into purchasing a Mazda RX-8. $5k for a 2007 Grand Touring. 90k miles.

I've read up on renesis rebuilds, and how much their kits cost (ranging from $500 to $1500), aswell as the somewhat "easy" rebuild process.

Does anyone here own/has owned an RX-8 that could chime in with some suggestions and advice?

Just be prepared to do a complete rebuild within the next 10k unless if one was literally just done.

The 8 was pretty much only bought by people who have no idea what a rotary is or how to maintain them so unless if you're buying it from a mechanic who specializes in rotaries and japshit it's probably a heap.

Only buy RX-8s 2009 or newer that have the Renesis II, unless you like premixing fuel to prevent engine blowout

There's a kit out there that adds a tank for 2-stroke oil, and it allows you to split the oil system. One for combustion, and another for lubricating the actual engine. So now you can run synthetic oil.

With the money and time needed, just buy a 2009 RX-8 and save yourself the headache

they look better too

The second gen rx8 has too much black plastic bits on the exterior, first gens are cheaper and better looking

>Buy a Refresh
>Spend the money you would have spent on extra fuel tank mixers and engine rebuilds on body mods and weaboo stickers

Those second gen ones are super expensive too, I'd rather gen a clean first gen and just get the engine rebuilt

Just get one that's in good condition and you won't have to worry about getting the engine rebuilt anytime soon.

>don't get an 04 or an 05
>do a compression test
>see if it has trouble with warm starts
>see if it has rough idling
>ask the seller if they know how to care for it
>check to see if its oil was changed every 3000 miles at most

If you do these right, an impending rebuild, a second oil tank, and even premixing won't be necessary.

wait hold up, what about buying the RX7 FC? are they even worth it this time?

Literally worse than an RX-8. The FD has better performance, not the FC.

worse than rx8 performance wise? i just like the looks of FC and they cost half of what FDs go these days

I run full synthetic in my FD with a working oil meter pump and premix in the gas.

I was going to buy an rx8, but it had 100k miles on the original engine, and the only place in my area that touches rotary engines is the mazda dealership...

It has more power than an Rx8, better cornering ability than an rx8, and weighs less? how.

None of those things you said are true

heres some advice
dont buy a rotary

Do it if you want to but your engine is stupid to seal.

Just do it get the 3.7 ford transit.

I was just about to post a general rotary thread but this is probably a better place for questions.
I just bought an 86 FC. It needs a lot of work to say the least. The dipshit i bought it from put a garbage body kit on it and spray painted it black, also the running tail lights and dash lights aren't working.
Does anyone know where I can get a closer to stock looking body kit? Also how much oil is recommended for premixing? I've read anywhere from .5oz-1.5/gal.

You seem to be confusing none with all

Fixed