Alfa Romeo 4C vs Chevrolet Corvette

Which meme car is better? Assume no practicality required

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aJ0W-Cq7wHI
blog.caranddriver.com/braking-rad-delving-into-what-makes-good-brake-feel-with-the-help-of-alfas-spectacular-4c/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

4C
>Autotragic only

Corvette
>Manual

GM might be trash, but a small, light, Italian car with a mandatory autotragic is worse

Crapvette is better.

Dual clutch is better

>le gentlemen 4C
>see le corvette
>oh shit nigger face.jpg
True story.

>Imagine being this dumb of a nigger

Use context you mongoloid

Dual clutch is better in cars that are so fast that they require a dual clutch to be drive-able

The 4C is not one of those cars

Yet the Corvette is cheaper, faster and more practical in every regard.

alfa romeo 4c owners literally defend their car's flaws with "muh passion" and "can look a ferrari in the eyes and not back down" on their forums

>Assume no practicality required
4C. It's wildly impractical, but there's nothing else like it you can buy new today.

Everyone who knocks the transmission in the 4C hasn't driven one. It suits the car well, and the character really changes depending on what mode you have the car in.

Totally different market

Alfa is more impractical but has better materials. more of a 3rd or 4th car. It sands out more and is more rare as well.

the vette is more generic but bigger, more space, and will be cheaper to fix. Its probably a owners 2nd-3rd car.

What character is there? Slow, slower and slowest?

4C looks better

I'm not sure what planet you're from where the 4C is slow.

And the car is monstrously fun to drive. Between the huge sills and low floor, you pretty much have to fall into the car. The seats are upright and practically flat on the floor, and you sit surrounded by carbon fiber. The brake pedal is firm, hinged from the floor, and the brakes are less boosted than anything else on the road. They're entirely pressure-dependent with an extremely short stroke. The steering is likewise firm, because it's fully manual and unassisted. The turbo takes a moment to build boost, then kicks you all at once. Upshifts are quick with a loud snort from the exhaust. And the handling is far more neutral than you'd expect, with the car being easy to slide around a corner if you feel like it.

Even if you're not a fan of the car, it's hard to dislike the 4C. There are very few modern production cars that are as uncompromising.

youtube.com/watch?v=aJ0W-Cq7wHI

this person actually understands.

Tbh if i was debating this as a purchase i would be looking if i want something cheaper and easier to maintain, but generic (particularly if its C6), or something that is a bit overpriced but very unique.

Or as a car person thing i'd be stuck between lightweight Mid-Engine or rumbling front engine.

I like both cars but if i was given one i'd take the alfa because i have a mid-engined bais and its more interesting, that said i'd be scared to track drive it as hard due to carbon-fibre memes (yes i've seen one crashed at a trackday before, not pretty)

>I'm not sure what planet you're from where the 4C is slow.

The one where we are talking Corvette vs 4C. Like this thread.

And what are you doing?

Defending the fact that you don't have a car by saying that the bus you ride has "a lot of seats" and "big windows"?

T B H I fucking hate alfas
>but muh passion
>muh feelz
I'd have more fun in a cheap Miata with an ebay turbo. It's also nice to know that when you drive it hard /track it you won't be losing much when you crash it.

>There are very few modern production cars that are as uncompromising.

Like the Nissan Versa, which comes with a manual (read: real) transmission for $11,000

>Paying 57,000 US dollars for an Italian MR2 with a fancy gearbox
Wew laddies

>I hate Alfas
>explanation is I'm a fucking pleb
>a fucking miata

>only argument is muh feels
>less engaging to drive than some 20 year old nip shitbox
>Italians in any year
Really makes you think

>The total leverage between the driver’s foot and the front brake pads is 56:1 in the 4C, 72:1 in a Chevy Corvette Stingray, and 88:1 in a Toyota Camry

blog.caranddriver.com/braking-rad-delving-into-what-makes-good-brake-feel-with-the-help-of-alfas-spectacular-4c/

It's a shame it's so difficult to talk about the 4C on Veeky Forums, but I guess that goes for most topics these days.

>old cars are more engaging than modern ones

Wow user, hold on while I call to reserve you a nobel prize.

>implying this is the case

Is that why this roadster takes over 100 feet to stop from 60? So you can go, "muh braking feel" longer?

>roadster
You're not even trying

Yikes

Okay, so what? Is that what you decide to buy a car on, which one has a better magazine braking test? No one buying a 4C is cross-shopping a Corvette, and vice-versa.

>it's another "im poor" episode

>Italian cars suck at braking

Nothing new.

>litteraly the topic of the thread
Its 1200 pounds lighter but brakes worse
>Alfa shills literally can't stop mentioning their feels

>it's another samefag episode

>litteraly the topic of the thread
I must have missed "which car has a shorter stopping distance in braking tests" in the OP. I guess you don't need to reply to this though, since you have your answer to that question.

He asked which one is better and the 4c falls short in every test.

Thank you. Never knew people's reading comprehension was this bad.
>blinded by muh passion

With no research having been done on this: I assume the corvette comes standard with better rubber.

I'll take the blue collar hero.

4C comes with P-Zeros. The Corvette Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

Not a GM shill but damn the corvette is a good bang for the buck. Too bad most of them are being babied by boomers.

>being poor
havin a giggle m8

too bad most of them cant exert their performance for longer than a lap around a track, lel

4C. Corvette is for fat boomer divorcees and similar human trash.

I'm going to start spamming this image.

>I'm going to post old memes because they clearly haven't made any changes to the car in the last few years

>I have no argument
T. Alfista

I'm pretty sure the cooling problem is still present on the vette.

the z06 that set all those lap times was over 100k

As stated, prices given are Base prices, not As Tested. Base is pre-release, doesn't factor in options, and also isn't affected by the invisible demand tax... for instance, the Porsche 911R had a price around $175k. But could you buy one for that? Hell no. Dealerships sold em for $250k cheapest, and they're auctioning near $500k now

Spot the underage in this thread

>4C is slower than a Hellcat on the burgerking
Okay, I'm done defending the 4C. A car LITERALLY made for straight lines has a better track time than a car that was built for track use. What the fuck.