Vehicles & Parents

Hey Veeky Forums

My parents are really worried I might buy a 600cc bike as I am currently taking both my bike and car driving license. They told me they would be willing to sell a valuable watch of the family (6k) so I could buy a nice second hand car instead.

I honestly don't want them to sell the watch, but I am buying a bike because they are cheaper to buy and maintain than a car. And I really don't want to drive a fucking Twingo..
-

What would you guys do?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Rolex-Submariner-Mens-Watch-116610LV/dp/B0041GJ3YI/ref=pd_sbs_241_14?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0041GJ3YI&pd_rd_r=V0R4F9KB0GJMB6DSYY0H&pd_rd_w=NMPxK&pd_rd_wg=hgj7q&psc=1&refRID=V0R4F9KB0GJMB6DSYY0H
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>cheaper to buy
Yes
>maintain
???
>Twingo
You're European. You don't need a car.

Stop being a pussy and get on two wheels so your balls finally drop.

honda rebel

Sell the watch. Buy cheap twingo. Buy sports bike that has been in an accident for cheap with the leftover money. Put engine in twingo.

I do, because I live in a rural area with no buses. The only means of transportation is a train that passes every two hours. All jobs in the area require car.

My father had an almost fatal accident in a bike, that's why they are so worry and I am having doubts.

Tell your father to learn how to ride and get on two wheels so your balls finally drop.

>Front Wheel drive

Please no

It wasn't his fault, some retarded ricer passing cars in a double line ran him over.

You actually require more maintenance with bikes, usually. If you do stuff yourself, it may be cheaper, but it'll still require more diligence and eat up your time.

Honestly, I'd go for car first, then bike second, Get a bike later for fun, car now for a reliable daily.

It's a 240sx a reliable car?

>240sx
On one hand, it's a good car.
On the other hand, it's a 20+ year old meme car.

So I don't know, you tell me.

I want to learn to take care of my property, so I'll be willing to dive into car maintenance and a bit of basic mechanics. If I am buy a car, I might as well something that'll make me smile, as far as my budget can allow.

I think I'll do that, I am still living with my parents and having them worry everytime I go out with a bike would be disrespectful.

Post watch

It's a Rolex Master GMT II

Looks exactly like this

>amazon.com/Rolex-Submariner-Mens-Watch-116610LV/dp/B0041GJ3YI/ref=pd_sbs_241_14?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0041GJ3YI&pd_rd_r=V0R4F9KB0GJMB6DSYY0H&pd_rd_w=NMPxK&pd_rd_wg=hgj7q&psc=1&refRID=V0R4F9KB0GJMB6DSYY0H

Does it snow in the winter where you live, OP? How cold does it get in the winter? 5C? 0C? -10C? -20C? -40C?

You might think a bike is A-OK right now in warm August but you might be rethinking that in January. I know there are a lot of bikerfags out in the summer 'round here but very very few out in January.

get a car user you are young can get a bike later.

I never said to keep it FWD.

It snows, but only in the mountains. I live in the coast side and It can go as low as -10cÂș in the winter.

I think you are right, user.

That sounds silly expensive, user.

Yes but...

Doesn't it sound...

F U N ?

Shit, your trips are compelling me to rethink my life choices.

14F. Try standing outside when it's 14F for however long it would take you to commute. If you got that much dedication, you can probably make it work.

Are you willing to keep a 2nd change of clothes at work for the days when it rains during your ride? Riding a bike is close to being a lifestyle.

Nah, not really. I wanted a car anyway, just considered the bike because it was safer. I hope I don't die larping as dagumi. That would succ.

>just considered the bike because it was cheaper

Hehe, what the fuck.