The company that made good small, sporty cars in its day is the one that died

>The company that made good small, sporty cars in its day is the one that died
Nothing is fair.

They had only had a few sporty cars. AMX and Javelin and Rebel. Everything else was standard passenger cars and offroad vehicles.

>standard
Never heard of the Pacer?
>pic related

Yes. It was just a passenger vehicle. Albeit a strange one. Not to hate on it though. I actually like them.

Cars with wheel bases that short had never been that wide before. It's a grand shame they never got that rotary engine it was meant to have working.

I want to get one just to swap in a rotary.

>good

AMC was complete shit compared to the other companies

the other companies made better sporty cars too

I don't believe the design ever made it past prototype stages. They had to go with the GM V6, which hurt the fuel economy.
t. Chrysler shill

>t. Chrysler shill

im actually triggered
AMC is obviously the worse out of the 4 theres a reason it was the big 3 and not the big 4

and the Pacer never had a v6

I bet you think the JK is a good car.

The Pacer, angry unionized workers, French influence, "too little too late" revisions, and growing competition from European and Japanese imports all played a part in the death of AMC. But really, if you think about it, they didn't die per se. They were absorbed into Chrysler as the Jeep division, and many of AMC's management strategies and development techniques replaced the Chrysler ones.

AMC officially died with the phasing out of the I6 4.0 engine.

Gotta agree there. The TJ was the last Jeep to use AMC-era components. I really wish Chrysler would've found a way to improve the I6's power output instead of just replacing it with a fucking minivan engine.

>classic muscle car styling
>small, 2 seat,

because it doesnt do anything particularly well and was a complete failure when it came to sells?

I dont give a shit about Jeeps in general

contrarian

only women and plebs care about Jeeps

They used there own straight 6. The rotary they were going to get was to be supplied by GM, but GM dropped that project.

Only one of those companies should atill be alive.
BAILOUT BABBIES GET OUT GET OUT

Out of curiosity, why would you want to swap in a dorito spinner?

>tfw i'll never own a vee-ate gremlin

He probably either has no idea what he's in for and only thought of dorito circlejerking, or he would like to suffer.

Or both.

To be fair Chrysler bought AMC and they make pretty great small cheap cars like the Dodge Dart or Chrysler 200 or... wait those are all shit and thankfully dead for now. Never mind.

Because it would be interesting. It's the kind of engine the Pacer was supposed to have have from the get go.
I am a glutton for punishment. I own two BL Triumphs.

Its also a "If I had that kind of money to do it" kind of thing.

It's why even Porsche had to go street walking and start making CUVs. Because bitch better have his money at the start of the month.