Playerunknown's Battlegrounds General - /pubg/

FPS drops right when you run into an enemy edition

PUBG is a battle royale style game, based on realistic FPS combat. The lead designer is the modder that made ARMA BR and worked on h1z1.

>Game site
playbattlegrounds.com/main.pu

>FPS guide and general tweaks
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889517165

>Dev's twitter
twitter.com/battleroyalemod?lang=en

>Wiki
battlegrounds.gamepedia.com/PLAYERUNKNOWNS_BATTLEGROUNDS_Wiki

>Discord server for finding people to play with
discord.gg/p73xNDv

Previously

Postan' from last thread!

Anyone just see Liriks stream? Lirik is probably one of the only original and fun to watch streamers, I dont know if any of you have checked out his Twitch channel but I highly recommend it, I learned a lot about the game there (in between the outbursts of laughter from how funny he can be)

I also recommend donating to him on stream, he has really fucking funny stream notifications, especially the £10 and £50 ones :D

KYS

based fucking Lirik just won another solo squad game

how does /ourguy/ keep doing it??

>he hates people that like things
Neck yourself, retard, everyone here loves him

What the fuck is wrong with you?
How much are you getting paid to do this?

KYS

>he likes something
>hes obviously a paid shill

Just telling people about someone who is possibly the best 'new talent' streamer, no payments required.
K - Subscribe
Y- To
S - Lirik

more like he hates people constantly spamming the same fucking streamer shit in the thread, fuck off

>he hates people that like seeing you KYS
Neck yourself, retard, everyone here loves seeing you KYS

You're right, you're probably not a paid shill.
You're probably Lirik.

please, just kill yourself

You first, fuccboi :^)

you're a steamer shill, the only fuccboi here is you

I'm the one who told that fag to kill himself, mongoloid.

you got them mixed up you retard

Quality thread

KYS

>guy's let's all cluster up behind the same cover
>oh fuck we're all dead from 1 grenade/spray of SMG fire

Please stop being.

I hope to god he stops playing this game soon so his autistic 15 year old fans will go somewhere else.

>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE

>"guys check out this stream I totally don't get paid to promote"
>"nobody gives a shit go away"

REEEEE I STOP TELLING ME WHAT TO LIKE

>moving from cover to cover during firefight
>get knocked down between covers
>retarded teammate: "I GOTCHU"
>runs to me right away to revive
>gets immediately shot
>mfw

Just because you can't immediately see an enemy closer than 50 yards doesn't mean its safe. A lot of people seem to think this.

>shilling a stream
>going so far as to state fucking donation prices
> :D

>look mom I replied again!

this game runs like shit

Your mileage may vary but depending on your rig it either runs well enough that the fun gameplay outweighs it, or so badly that it ruins the experience. It's horribly optimized.

I play one game a day and its enough to trigger me to not play it forever. FUCKING KOREAN CODING.

Lyric is my friend ok please do not harras him, I have watched him for two years now and we know each other very well. he is a very genuine person so please do not bully me or him, he is my friend and i will not have it ok, so just stop ok

i met with him and twitchcon and he agreed that he was the best streamer, we have plans to meet again next twitchcon he just doesnt have time to meet any sooner because he is making so many peoples lives better every day. he works so hard and some of you still bully us so please stop

you can donate if you want to support his great stream, i am trying to start streaming to help him i will send all of my viewers to him if i can, so you can donate to me too i will use it to donate to him

thanks

same desu

He is a piece of shit and you know it. He is also really bad at anything that he plays. Sometimes he gets lucky and you all suck his dick when that happens. KYS FUCKING KILL YOURSELF

I'm scared at the fact I can't tell if you're being ironic or are actually one of those drones from Twitch who legit think the streamer they watch and have talked to once is their actual friend in real life.

how do i unlock outfits and shit
i thought i'd get to keep what i found but nah

You have to buy crates with your in-game points in the Rewards menu. Their costs increment from 700 up to 5200 per crate as you buy them each week, and on Mondays their cost resets back to 700.

Or you could be an idiot and buy shit from the Steam Market.

Embarrassing.

I have analyzed his posts, grammar and wording, and I'm 80% certain he is actually some 14-17 year old kid who fits in with exactly what you said.

It's a fucking young teenagers way of talking, its apparent from a mile away.

You can also right-click to sell back anything you get in crates that you don't want, but you only get back a tiny sum of BP, depending on the item.

Also, there is an update coming "in the not too distant future" that will reset everyone's BP, so there is no point in hoarding them. Spend em while you can.

>boot up a stream on twitch
>the chat is moving at faster than light speeds
>its 99% oneliners or smilies, mostly kappa XD

no wonder things like fidget spinners are a thing and 9/10 kids are diagnosed with some sort of autism or ADHD.

>kids are hyperactive retards
Wow no way

It's pointless to convert them into BP unless it's some 0.05 cent item. I made 7.6 euros from selling items in the past 2 weeks since I got the game, almost 25% of what I paid for it, some items are worth more than 3 euros which is insane. Sure, steambux are not the same as real money but still.

>a chat with hundreds of people ALL desperately trying to post something "funny" to get the streamer's attention
>expects anything but a fucking mess

how new etc.

is there an easy way to tell where bullets are coming from?
i just tried proning around a tree looking frantically in every direction and couldnt figure it out

Ignore the whizzing and impact
Focus on the pop of the gun

Listen for shots, not bullet-whizz.

If someone has a silenced weapon and shoots past the tree you're hiding behind, it'll sound like the shot is coming from the direction of the side of the tree your enemy just shot past.

Outside from that, stay moving, even if you think you're in cover and hear shots flying past you, until you can figure out their exact position.

You will hear the sound of the bullet making impact before you hear the sound of the gun firing off. This is known as the Crack and Thump. Pay attention to the second sound you hear, as that will usually be where the gunman is located.

Also I advise you wear headphones as my friend uses surround sound speakers and he has issues locating noises.

Are pistols completely useless in this game?

I'm not very good at, I got second place once. But in the early game sometimes the only weapon I find is a pistol and have to fight out the other players near my landing zone with it.

They seem terribly innacurate and quite weak. Or do I just suck?

VIOLENCE

no they're really shit. the damage isn't actually that bad but they're insanely inaccurate. you're going to lose a gunfight if the other guy has anything remotely better and half a brain.

SPEED

>pinned by an entire enemy squad for 5 minutes
>my squad jacks off the entire time doing absolutely fucking nothing
>team finally decides to flank after I die
>"dude we were trying"

If you get in a squad with Sikozu, Clowncar, or Orbsa, don't expect them to bring their A-game. Those niggers literally did nothing while a full 4 man squad lit up my position for 5 minutes.

Pistols are only viable if you drop alongside other players and the building you just entered has only a pistol. When I end up in situations like this I take the pistol, its ammo and then bumrush the nearby building in which someone else has entered, hoping to kill them before they picked something better. If I don't do this I'm as good as dead anyway since pistols suck balls.

Sikozu is some faggot british trap that thinks he lived in an anime.

I have a 1060 and sometimes it is stable for a bit at 60fps but it randomly drops.
I wouldn't mind playing at a lower frame rate just as long as it was consistent is there any nvidia options I can turn on/off i have tried everything

Good to know it's not me solely being Terrible. I find that I can win the long range engagement before the short, so I've been sticking to the hillsides and treelines

That being said i suck at picking buildings to loot, I'll drop in and get backpacks and helmets but no guns, so finding that m16 and scope is paramount

The only times I owned with a pistol was either when I ambushed someone or when I 1 tapped someone with a revolver because he was a sitting duck.

It's best to drop in places that have at least 2-3 buildings. I don't insist on getting a certain gun, my goal is to have a close range weapon coupled with a mid-long range weapon. So a double-barreled/AR, SMG/Sniper, AR/Sniper are all viable combos for me. If you manage to find a vector with an extended mag it's too good to pass up, that shit eats fools for breakfast if you don't fuck up your aim in cqc.

MOMENTUM

>dirty tanktop

can someone post that jumping headshot where the one guy is crawling up above him and he jumps up on the railing

3gb version?
Lower graphics, you're vram limited.

What's the weakest card this game works well with?

It worked on my 660 before I bout my rx 470

bought, even

anyway, on low everything except textures and view distance (which were high) I would get 50-60fps

>sikozu

Got tired of league and decided to check out this game

Quality thread my friends.

Alright, I have a 670. And we get a refund within 2 hours right?

>I have analyzed his posts, grammar and wording

Do me next!

Yeah, as long as you play within 2 hours, steam will let you refund a game

>league

I haven't played that in like 2 years. Is it shit now?

the community is still garbage and toxic, I know that much

I wouldn't recommend it unless you like having tranny shit shoved down your throat

Heh. Each patch makes this game worse

At this point it's getting to be pretty funny

Well, there's no more lag switching.

But now servers are so shit it feels like everyone is automatically.

Pretty much have lost faith in their ability to do anything

>patches every week!
>3 weeks later
>patch makes everything worse

Hows the gunplay in this game? Do the players avatar have wimpy noodle arms who cant hold a gun straight?

Recoil isn't that bad in this game, the most difficult to master aspect of gunplay imo is leading shots on strafing/running targets, because the bullet drop seems to be close to zero on most engagements anyway.

Once you've got your sights on someone stationary and you've got an AR with an x2 or higher you're clear to go with well placed single shots. The REAL challenge of the game is spotting them before they spot you.

Hi Lirik you autistic faggot. Way to shill your stream you fucking beta loser. Get off this website and go back to your lame stream you gigantic pile of filth.

>check any streamer
>before the first circle closes they have kar98 and level 3 everything

Why do aimbotters do what they do?
It can't possibly be any fun.

Why make battleye so shit with no ingame report function for easy removal? Why is everything client side making it 100% easier?

Yes unfortunately

They're the edgy guys who "thrive off other's suffering" etc, they retaliate to people hating on them by saying "yes get baited so hard Iove your suffering" when really they're just worthless lowlifes who are too pussy to actually murder or ruin other people's lives outside the basement so they do so in a game where they can't get hurt

>2017
>client side networking
Shiggy diggy

I don't know man. I've never seen an aimbotter but my shitty friend sees one everytime he dies.

How do you guys survive the last 25 or so people? I always end up getting picked off as I move towards the new play area by someone who was camping adjacent to me (I'm assuming, I usually get shot in the ass)

I like to think I do a good job of checking my surroundings

>works well
user...

The lag problems seem to be getting worse.

I've enjoyed my time playing. Played 55 hours so far, but the game is getting almost unplayable.

I've never seen anyone I could say with 100% certainty, "this dude was aimbotting".

But I have seen a few cases where Occam's Razor demands I entertain the possibility. When a dude sidestrafes out from behind a hill and headshots me instantly with with his already-zoomed SKS, well yeah... could've been luck. Could've been good mapsense combined with luck. But you try strafing while zoomed 4x+ scope and see what you think.

Yup, I've had people facetank half a magazine from close range, then just fucking two tap me with maxed gear.

Shit was bad before, but it's borderline unplayable now.

Anyone else /neverwon/ here? I'm 60 games (total) in and I've made it to 2nd a couple times in duos and top 10 in about 1/8 of my solo games. Will it get easier once the lag problems are resolved?

Shit's even worse now. I wouldn't bother until shit gets sorted out or you'll just tank your stats and get nowhere.

Just downloaded and played a game

how do I toggle iron sights/scopes and is it supposed to be this laggy? I watched a friend play a few days ago and it was completely fine

who is the highest ranked player here?

I'm rank 900k, fite me irl

Right click to ADS, right click again to return to normal view. v to toggle view type; first person vs third person. hold right click to tighten up your reticle

I'm about 120 games without winning. All solos. Have a 20% top 10 rating, been 2nd three times. I completely potato'd the last one.

I can play intelligently and get myself to the end, but I'm getting older and my hand-eye coordination isn't what it used to be. Once the circles compress to the point of forced fights, I'm at a disadvantage.