Okay Veeky Forums

Okay Veeky Forums,

So the business of reimagining iconic cars of old and bringing them up to present day tech is blossoming. The three cars in pic related seem to be the most popular of the day. They are:

>Alfaholics GTA-R
>Singer Porsche 911 4.0
>Eagle Speedster

If you could have only one and selling it isn't an option, which do you choose? Also, if you have suggestions for other car companies revitalizing old great cars, feel free to post.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tI-WKde8Jgo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the porsche ofc

I really like the Alfa, but would go the Singer 911 given I could only have one. I think it would be the best fun on the track.

the Alphuh and the Eagle would be a bitch to maintain. Definitely the Porsche

All over priced trash. I'd get a Super performance GT40 for half the price of the Singer and have what is essentially an authentic GT40

RUF CTR

i really like this trend

Me too, if I could fit in it.

Realistically you can have a very good original example for much under 150k?

Super performance have the rights to make brand new versions of the original GT40, it's as authentic as you're going to get without spending literal millions on a legit Lemans racer

It's odd how you NEVER see them on road, if anything AC cobras but never GT's or Daytona coupes. You'd think they'd be a little more common especially amongst boomers, very affordable for retirees

Probably because Cobras are cheaper and more comfortable versus a literal race car

First thought was GT40 but that seems well discussed, so i'd say something from Lancia, either the delta or the Stratos. Though I should ask, is the Vector W8 old enough (or iconic enough for that matter) to be considered for brining into present day status?

This man gets it. Although I'd personally prefer a Roaring Forties replica because I'm Australian. For me it's a tough choice between going for a nice EFI Coyote/Miami engine (NA of course) and a carbed Ford Racing engine just for authenticity's sake. I don't know if I'd go for the gulf colours like every cunt under the sun does, though... Maybe a nice teal or british racing green to try and replicate one of the few genuine road cars?

I'm with you when it comes to the Daytona Coupe... I've only seen one in the wild. The GT40 however isn't just a race car... that 40 inch height makes it borderline unusable except to manlets. I reckon even if you squeeze yourself in to drive it it'd be very difficult to live with it. I assume that's why there aren't more

Me personally I'd love to give it a shot though

I'd probably have to take the Singer Porsche myself but watching the Alfaholics vids makes me think it's an absolute blast to drive. Here's one chasing down a 997 GT3 RS:

youtu.be/tI-WKde8Jgo

Me too man, best of both worlds

You'd go with the Voodoo because race car

Jeremy Clarkson couldn't actually drive a GT40 until he found one that had a modified roof/door with a hump. Damn thing is ridiculous low

Lister Bell STR

Yes... 40"...

Porsche > Anything else

Alfaholics, and not just because I'm a borderline alcoholic.

Singer, no question.

As for suggestions, I'd say these three are the most likely to get a good restomodding business.

>BMW 2002/E30
>Mustang Fastback
>Datsun 240/260

Because of an abundant number of chassis available, and because it's universally agreed that they're slated to become huge collector classics in the next decade.