/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Got killed by poison
>1.14 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/1876157984141980396

>Discord-sponsored event
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScKzpuOdtJXeAb-4EoXlKN0cd9uDXNtzfVZmsIZgUNcFe3r7g/viewform?usp=sf_link

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=61fXHIXjaB4&feature=youtu.be
dark-soku.blog.jp/archives/70871218.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for dragonsis general

Dragonsis is cute!

MAKE HASTE

hey when the fuck do I use the weaponart on this? I know about the whole caestus kamikaze thing

youtube.com/watch?v=61fXHIXjaB4&feature=youtu.be

Dragonsis?

these people know how to party

Fucking hell, this general died pretty quickly.

How much did the nerf hit on Gaels wombo combo? Is the weapon shit now?

R1 L2 R2 is a combo (hope you get the scream!). So is R1 L2 L2 I think, although that one might just be L2 L2.

You can also just bust it out any ol' time because the poise on it is pretty good and it's pretty fast, but any use is always a gamble.

Just killed Priscilla...
Goddamnit, I feel super guilty now.

Even though I got a sweet as hell dagger, I still feel like a murderer.

>feeling bad about murdering half-dragon abominations
You did the world a favor, friend.

Can someone give me some good fashion for a female using the Dragonslayer Greataxe?

>
Dragonslayer Armor

Every general ever is totally dead after five full minutes without posting, apparently.

Alright, I hate to state the obvious, but it needs to be done. Animations in DSIII are shit tier.
When you step forward after an attack, your weapon, no matter how large will snap instantly back into place. THis is visual cancer, the player character has nowhere near the muscle mass to move his weapon that fast. If he does, he should be using this superhuman speed in his attacks.
When you turn your character in place, their feet slide across the ground almost as if they were on a turntable - No proper turn animations at all. Armor is the most horrific of all.
The way armor clips though other pieces - sometimes even the other pieces of their own set! - is disgusting. Although seeing as armor does practically nothing in this game, it makes sense that it allows things to pass straight through.
Even more disturbing than it's clipping issues is the way that EVEN SOLID STEEL ARMOR will bend and stretch when performing actions, even sometimes while you are just in the idle animation. I don't want to see my armor bending like jello while I move around, I want the animations to actually look like I am wearing a suit of armor.

Fix your game FROM, it's bad enough that we have so many impractical weapons nearly the size of a character being swung around easier than a pool noodle, I don't want my armors to be shit too.

Make way for gigantic lore theory post.
In Dark Souls, smiths are sort of silly. They spend days hammering a completely finished sword, they have no forge, and all reinforcement and infusement is instantaneous. Why are they so unrealistic? To answer the question on lack of a forge in Dark Souls 1 and 3 (not sure about 2), I think that the weapons and armor are forged with special embers like the ones you find throughout the games. Perhaps they rely on a form of flame magic that wasn't lost after the advent of pyromancy and the engulfing of Izalith in chaos. Something that I actually found rather interesting in Dark Souls 1 is that Vamos, the only smith in the game which sort of has a forge, actually has a coffin filled with lava pulled out next to his anvil. Vamos just so happens to be the smith which infuses your weapon with fire and chaos. This might explain why he is the only smith with a sort of forge, as fire and chaos might actually have to use a lot more heat than is usually required when smithing and infusing with other elements. The smithing techniques for fire and chaos may have been further refined by the time of Dark Souls 3, thus the abscence of the same sort of forge as Vamos had. Perhaps the embers that you give the smiths are so potent and small that they are all that is needed for forging and they are easily, compactly, and discreetly stored. The instantaneous reinforcement and infusion are probably only there for gameplay mechanics but could also be explained by the fact that the flow of time in Lordran and Lothric is convoluted. As for the fact that the swords are already finished, that might be because of how hard it is to design and create everything else, or it has lore reason that I haven't peiced together.

How many of you fucking pvp faggots played Gunz: The Duel? Just curious

After coming from DS2 I am grateful that DS3 has all the stuff you are complaining about. Nothing needs fixing, the only thing needed is for you to grow up and hit puberty.

Why is Judicator Argo still fucking around in the overworld if you've cleared Spears of the Church Miyazaki

Someone give me a lore rundown

>enemy
>obvious spams parry
>he doesn't know some moves can't be parried

or maybe it's a video game and from doesn't give a shit
how does the shrine handmaiden have all that shit on her
how does she get more shit to sell when i give her literal poopoo covered ashes

1. DEX/INT
2. pure INT/FAI
3. Quality
4. 99 Luck
5. STR/FAI
6. 99 INT
9001. Pure FAI
900001. Pure STR
9001^100. Pure DEX
9001^1000. Any build faggot twinks use

>enemy ultra users
>spams roll and running attacks
>he doesn't know some moves can be parried

Seriously does anyone actually read these posts when they come about? All I need to do is read the first sentence and I couldn't force myself to red the rest even if I wanted to.

Those are other judicator giants. They are a race.

So have we fully deciphered this dude, yet? Here's what I have so far.

>One was a wayfaring knight, on an endless, forbidden search. Only the Abyss granted closure, if not reunion with his beloved.

Clearly talking about Alva here, whom we encounter further down in the RC.

>One met the dark with learning. But in the end, learned his knowledge was wanting. The world began without knowledge, and without knowledge will it end. Dost not this ring clear and true?

I want to say Vendrick and/or Aldia for this one, since he mentions wanting.

>One poor girl slew her own kin, but even so, was embraced, enveloped by the Abyss. Twas a comfort that neither moon nor sunless sky afforded her before.

Sirris, no question.

>And so, she lived in fear. Of the dark, of the things that gnawed at her flesh. And yet! The Abyss hath yet to produce any such creature!

Irina, with mention of gnawing.

>And so, despite his weighty armour, he lived in fear. Of a delicate thing, little more than a girl. Where fire resideth, shadows twist and shrivel. But in the Abyss, there are shadows none.

No idea. I've heard people suggest Eygon, but I'm not seeing it.

>Of all the Fingers, he alone was embraced by the Abyss. For he was human, and ne'er a grub.

Leonhard? Could be another finger.

pure str is the most patrician

you have access to

>fast weapon
>medium weapon
>slow weapon
>dual weapon
>crossbow

stay mad buffers

*throws duel charm at u*

thanks for informing us on the meta in whatever alternate universe you come from.

>mfw user tries to tell me all the locust stories are about firelink npcs
>most obvious one is alva

>Of all the Fingers, he alone was embraced by the Abyss

it's fucking kirk (THE FUCKING EX-DARKWRAITH)

>pure str
>needing other weapons other than your ultra weaponfu

I haven't played in a really long time.
Are quality builds still good in DS3?
Recommend me good weapons, please.

What the hell is this? I've seen a lot of players doing this lately. Is there a crossbow that actually does this, or is it simply exploiting a glitch?

Where is that last one? I've only ever found the first three.

I mean From forced me to degrade back to dex casual by eliminating zwei's 2h thrust.

>using healing in a duel arena
you deserve it, desu. At least it's not projected heal though

????

The second one he's talking about is Orbeck since Orbeck's whole questline in 3 is searching for knowledge to die in the Archives.

The line on the guy with armor is definitely Eygon and describes his relationship with Irina. That Eygon invades you after you talk to that Locust supports that it's an intentional reference.

Last one is definitely Leonhard based on the grub line, read his mask description:

>In his youth, Leonhard suffered grave burns to his entire body. His face in particular, which he hid beneath his mask, was terribly scalded.
>He abstained from restoring these injuries, even after becoming a Finger of Roasaria.

>No idea. I've heard people suggest Eygon, but I'm not seeing it.

I actually think that one's Vendrick. If I'm remembering correctly Vendrick has a line about how shadows only appear when flame does. You could also consider him to "live in fear" of Nashandra, who is just a girl, at least until she turns into a Geiger painting. Maybe that's what the "shadows twist and shrivel" line is about.

seizure warning

The ex-darkwraith who waifu'd so hard that he managed to stave off hollowing literally forever.

Truly an example for us all

I WANT TO GET OFF OF ONION CLERIC'S WILD RIDE

HOw does eyegon die exactly?

>be big virile STR bull
>not having a harem of fertile STR weaponfus

pathetic desu...

Patches also managed it somehow

Seems weird but I'll accept it.

>Is there a crossbow that actually does this, or is it simply exploiting a glitch?
holy shit how dense can you be

>The second one he's talking about is Orbeck since Orbeck's whole questline in 3 is searching for knowledge to die in the Archives.

Yeah, but what does that really have to do with wanting? It makes a lot more sense with Vendrick/Aldia, since that was their entire story.

Overanalyzing is fun.
That's why I gave a warning that the post would be long as fuck.

You stave off hollowing by having a mission/purpose in life.
For Kirk it is waifufagging. For Patches it's being a dick.

Yeah I actually read posts that discuss the game so I can discuss that game with them.

That's what this thread is for. Stop having ADHD.

>Not wanting to bang a sexy skelly queen

Vendrick, my man, what are you doing?

>tfw getting phantom out-ranged by straight swords with a halberd
Thanks for the netcode From

>learned his knowledge was wanting

That just means his knowledge was lacking and Orbeck's whole character was about trying to become a real mage instead of some assassin from Vinheim until it leads him to his death.

It also fits because the Locusts in general are only talking about characters who are actually within 3 based on the other ones they're talking about, Vendrick is remembered by title at most in 3 and Aldia isn't referenced at all.

Anyone got the latest tier list?

You could just tell me, friend.

He dies of old age.

>no bone zone covenant
>you just get to pile them up as a moundie

Looks like it's Reddit's tier list now according to the japs.

Anyone?
All fashion Im thinking of is giving me less than 15 poise.
And that just isnt cutting it.

>weapons and armor are forged on special embers
Well no shit faggot, that's literally why you gave to find them for the blacksmiths in the first place.

>For Patches it's being a dick.
*teaching the realm the difference between vices and virtues

Fair enough.

Read the descriptions for titanite shards and shit, man

They don't forge, they etch titanite into the weapons somehow.

when does this happen?

Asphyxiation. Note there are no air holes in his mask.

Should have had red moss clumps equipped.

Thanks. I didn't think that Splitleaf was so high up.
I don't understand.

Someone in PS3 please leave a sign outside the Four Kings in New Londo.
I can't take this anymore

One would assume that a forge is needed to actually shape the blade when forging, though.
Yeah, they etch titanite, but they also forge weapons. They have shops full of weapons they forged.

Just killed Gwyndolin.
Poor guy just wanted to protect his tomb, and I barged in and slaughtered him.

I'm starting to regret going for an All Bosses Cleared run

>fag in fight club keeps getting lag hits on me
>chug
>host and fag chase me into the giants out of anger
>giant kills fag allowing me to finish off host

dark-soku.blog.jp/archives/70871218.html

>Aquamarine dagger in high tier
For what reason?

>I didn't think that Splitleaf was so high up.
-R1 into weaponart
-matches 66 str gundy's AR at only 30 str
-is a glaive

>all the shit that constantly goes down because the unsung hero has to touch literally everything
>Patches entire character is about trying to teach you to let go of your needless curiosity

O Heretic, swathed in Dark…
An eternal curse upon thee…

Wear full havels
Upgrade kellogs sword or pyro glove

Easy dont even need to dodge can just fast tank them.

fuck the Old Demon King

fuck Izalith Ruins

fuck these Ghru niggers and the fireballs they spawn

It's great.

*demon niggers

no, when does the literal scene in your image happen? i've never seen it before.

Will I get softbanned in DkS 3 if I use CE to give myself legitimate weapons offline?

some kid posted webms of killing noobs with it

It's in the DLC. Lapp is actually Patches, having lost his memory over time.

>It's great
Really? They just adjusted the stamina consumption, right?

Old Demon King had a hard life

He needs time to rest

>fuck the old demon king

Well, he is pretty hot.

>beats the crap out of ODK's crotch with dark hand
>almost 10% health
>better move away and hold my shield up for last attempt explosion
>ODK fucking HUGS ME
>can't roll out of it
>dies

I guess I deserved that?

That made it better for WA spam but it's always been good since launch. Decent damage for a dagger even in its base form while being one of the longer ones and has long range in its WAR1 form with the speed of a dagger 1HR1. Also the differing ways you can attack with it and the unique WA running and rolling attacks gives it a lot of use and very strong general game.

Is there any other actually fun to use weapon other than sellsword twinblades? Im trying to do a dex/fth run and I feel like Im not doing nearly as much damage with any weapon that isnt them.
Also is there literally any point to use miracles at all? I felt like buffs would be fun to use but they just take forever to apply and usually there is no time to reapply them mid bossfight.

>waaah he used a healing spell thats not fair

fuck off

>FROM give meaningful buff to whips
So, wish fulfilled?

Jesus, parrying Pontiff absolutely reks him. Just parried him twice with a +4 Raw Mail Breaker and he goes to phase 2.

>manipulating Undead into immolating themselves by using an illusion of a big-tittied "goddess"
>probably even drove all the other "gods" out of Anor Londo just to have the place to himself
>sics brainwashed Undead on the enemies of the "gods"
>doesn't even have the decency to face those who would challenge him
No, death was too good for him, he got exactly what he deserved when he got fed to Aldrich.

No, I'd prefer actual true combos and damage to whips.

lame

where the fuck is the sexy waifu armor in Dark Souls 3, I want to see some ass and tits

just parry it dude