I have $2,500 to get a car. Is there a cool convertible I can get for this price...

I have $2,500 to get a car. Is there a cool convertible I can get for this price? I don't want anything European and I can't fit in most Japanese roadsters because I'm 6'6. Thinking about a 99-04 Mustang GT, it's the only generation of Mustang I like. Opinions or suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/mustang-gt/6231937874.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Good luck finding a gt for that price.

>buying a convertible ever

I second this the only GT's I could find for $2500 had over 250k miles on them with things like "transmissions slipping but she'll be okay" and "needs new motor soon"

m i a t a

OP here, there are some.

sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/mustang-gt/6231937874.html

He offered to let it go for 2200 but I declined. Interior was rough af and the thing was fucking obnoxiously loud

I'm still looking.

Also, any opinions on '90 RS Camaro? There's a nice looking vert nearby for 2200

>cool
>Mustang

bad troll is bad.

I wish man but I'm 6'6, I can't fit. Lowered seat, interior door handle delete, doesn't matter. I need longer leg room. I can't fit in MR2, S2000, or 350z either.

Hurrr durrrr most popular American sports car isn't cool hurrr durrr

Is 95 Camaro SS a good car?

Don't care about curb weight or max speed or that bs I just want a fun convertible.

What are major red flags for someone new to cars buying from craigslist? I can't fix cars myself yet and can't afford to take it to the mechanic for anything very expensive.

The 4th Gen f-bodies are pretty decent cars. They don't turn the greatest but the LT1/LS1 has torque for days so they're fun to go in a straight line. The LT1 sounds GODLY too. Make sure the distributor (optispark) was replaced at around 100k-120kish because they love to go out when the water pump goes because the waterpump pisses coolant on the distributor causing it to kill itself.

Good shit I'll make sure to ask. It is an SS with the LT1 so I'm looking forward to test driving it.

Auto tragic or 6speed? The autos also like to go out every 100k ish, starting with a slipping 4th/3rd gear, bouncing off Rev limiter before shifting into 3rd, and then leading into a full loss of 4th and 3rd. The manuals are solid though.

It's a 6 speed :)

>American sports car
Now there is an oxymoron.

So edgy I cut myself reading that

Wow so much wit, well 50% of one.

Most popular in the same way that Chlamydia is the most popular STD. Just because there is a lot of them about isn't the same as saying you want one.

I owned a convertible GT for 2 years. It grew on me. But, the turning radius is horrid for a sports car and the convertible tops are falling apart on these models. But, when you actually can drive with the top down the visibility and pull is amazing. But the cheapest you'd probably get one is 3.5k (in Cali at least). One of the best cars you can get for that price range.

I bought my first car off Craigslist and got lucky. The CEL was on and I took it to pep boys got a free diagnostic and it turned out I need to replace the O2 sensors. It was my first time working on a car but i just jumped in and fixed turned a $250 job into a $60 2 hr thing.

I recommend having the person deliver the car to you. That way you know at least the car runs. And if the car has current tags on it you can assume that the person was probably going to keep the car. Lastly, if its seems to good to be true it ain't.

Any post in particular you wanna share?