anyone wanna play melee?

/tekgen/

why the fuck do i have to cancel so goddamn early in IJ2

I'll give you two minutes

Goobers get out

post em, I wanna see if I managed to stay under the radar

if I return it tekken is only like half price tho

black x6 phantom

Does anyone on Veeky Forums go through threads faster than we do?

Sniff Justice

non-dead genre generals

Will it break my computer?

Play Grodd's game.

Is she in yet?

I don't know how fast sc2 general is, but its 24/7 constant shitposting. I would imagine it gets pretty fast.

Play harley's game. Post harleys.

who?

Best girl.

shoto clone 85

I will if you don't tell me who the top 3 easiest characters are to learn in one hour are

ffxivg, but that's because they're full of insane people and ERPers

If you know the basic concepts of fihting games like what frame advantage is, what frame traps are, etc you can learn any game by playing against better opponents. You just have to swallow your ego and accept that you will have to lose for a while before you can win, which for a lot of people is hard.

If you know the concepts of fighting games and say you can't learn anything from playing much better opponents what you're saying is "I'm retarded and I can't think".

Not unless you have a super old ass computer

Is buying Revelator now then getting the Rev2 DLC or whatever going to end up costing me more than waiting for Rev2 to come out?

>shoto
???

I'll stick to trainingboaring

This is not true for NRS games, with the knowledge you listed you can learn to be more competent than 90% of the community in a day or two.

It's a joke you dip

injustice 2 is fucking awful

There's a limit though. There's enough of a skill disparity where it's hard for you to learn if you're just getting your ass beat flawlessly without knowing what you can do.

I know this is probably in response to my post in the other thread, but games like GG where you are combo'd and then immediately pressured on wakeup into another combo to death it's hard to identify what you could have done better when you're a novice at the game.

need

I'm enjoying watching Aris play it :-)

A ton do.

>5K viewers watching him spam fullscreen projectiles and win 80% of his matches doing that

Im retarded and I cant think

wud?

>pretending_to_be_retarded.jpg

Her not being in the game is no joke, amigo.

OK, how do I do it?

>he didn't watch isdd instead

It was a fun stream, especially after he found out how to cheese with supergirl

I am too, but I'm not going to buy it. Mostly just watching because I find Aris entertaining and I'd rather watch him play a fighting game than GTA.

I said against better players, not against random players. I just get triggered whenever I hear someone say that they can't learn a game because there are only very good players. If you are new to fighting games and lack the concepts to understand what frames are, what plus on block means, what a frame trap or a tick throw are etc of course it's different. But if you have this knowledge, you have no excuse.

The first thing you learn in a game like that in that situation is to try really fucking hard to not get the opponent to hit you. The second thing you learn when he inevitably does because he's much better than you is to block and defend, which is a fundamental skill. Then, when you start defending and getting some hits in neutral you may move to counterattacking.

Superman
Shootyman
Gorillo

When I was brand new to mvc3 I was playing against a much better player who would kill my characters every time off an incoming mixup and I would lose in seconds. If you are capable of seeing where you fucked up and what you can improve you can get very good even under those circumstances. Now I go even with the guy and I didn't really lab defensive options, just combos. It's important I think for new players to learn how to develop some momentum and not play like a scared bitch. I definitely have a lot of experience, but I still think it's possible to learn quickly even when you aren't really given a chance to play for 95% of the match. If you don't have a good concept of neutral in general though you are fucked.

Are ADC/Support the hardest roles to climb with?

All the girls are actually pretty thicc this time around except super girl

I know what those things are Brick but I do not possess the talent to put them to use in game.

down the emulate from here

smashladder.com/guides/view/26tx/melee-dolphin-build-fastermelee-v4-4

and then download a melee 1.02 rom

Wrong general but if you know what you're doing any role can carry.

when are we going to get an injustice 2
lobby started?

>
when you start it up and stream it

Talent is a social construct

When I get the game on Thursday

when my brother gets off the fucking game

give me thirty minutes

Fighting games are a dead genre. Only slower generals are the SNK and shump ones.

are you gonna play on a stick or keyboard or something? id find it kinda off if you had controller and an adapter already and did already have dolphin

Is the Qanba Drone worth getting if I want a beginner stick to learn on? Seems to be the best value I've found so far

Brick should start a fighting game school. Would totally listen to his lectures about frame traps and plus on block.

>find a high ranked deathmatch with leo on greentekken youtube channel
>open the video
>see this

They're pretty niche, but for some reason /fgg/ threads get plowed through. I frequent a few other generals and none of them are nearly as quick as these.

In the case of GG you should start by understanding the base mechanics available to you, do the in-game tutorial, watch Guilty Gear Crash Course, maybe do some of the challenges. Even if you know the general concepts behind fighting games you could still learn a lot from these because a lot of them are unique to GG.

As for learning from losing (and I mean losing any interaction in any round not just the match itself), always pay attention to why you got hit: what did you try to do and why didn't it work?, was it a reaction?, was it a read?; for how much: how rewarding was this for the opponent? (just damage?, cornercarry?, knockdown into weak oki?, knockdown into strong oki?), how rewarding would've your action been were it to succeed?, was it worth the risk/reward?; and so on. Start building a knowledge base from these and have an idea behind every button press you make and make adjustments based on observing the results.

I'll just play with my Hori Pad

>first ESL showcase IJ2 match is a zoning fiesta

Black Canary is the hottest girl and is the best one to see get the shit kicked out of.

you call this dead? look at Paragon general

>killer instinct online not working on my machine
>need to install something called a tunneling device
>look for driver on google
>find a youtube vid with a link to an .exe download from a blog
>kind of suspicious but so desperate for the fix that i download it
>open the .exe
>it's a downloader
>downloads the supposed driver
>click 'install now'
>the loading icon pops up on my mouse pointer
>goes away
>nothing else happens

damn pr rog really let himself go

Why the fuck is there so many projectiles in IJ? Was IJ 1 like this? Not playing, only watching streams, but like half the cast has multiple projectiles. So many games are people just trading hits at full screen.

Thanks user, I guess I'll give it a go and get my shit pushed in when Rev2 comes out.

yeah it's fucking hilarious

injustass is trash

Anybody else going to watch the Tekken documentary?

there is a lot and i mean A LOT of blatant shitposting here

Seems like half the cast is zoner. I think a lot of people bitched about how it wasn't possible to zone well in MKX so they responded in kind.

a while back a mod said this general generated the most reports iirc

/fgg/ has been a shitposting haven for years now

The what?

So... Injustice 2 cracked yet? Got denuvo?

all NRS games are like this

They don't go for balance because normies buy capeshit

Anyone have any thoughts on this one?

They're just shooting lasers at each other from full screen. Holy fucking shit this game is fucking trash.

not on pc yet

ive gotten banned the most in this thread, usually for stuff I get away with in other generals/boards

be sure to set up your controls

I didn't know either, I'm on the tekken channel

SO THIS IS THE GAME YOU WERE ALL WAITING FOR??!? HAHAHAHAHAHAH OH WOW

who are you talking to

i think he's talking to you man

You're welcome user, I hope you have as much fun and success as I've had with the game so far. If it's any motivation, I started playing fighting games in the middle of my twenties when Sign released for PC, and in that time managed to get to a level where I can beat the people that rekt me at the start and take rounds off guys who win tournaments in EU.

I'd mention watching high level match videos with the intent of understanding every decision being made helped a ton as well. I definitely went full tryhard this last one and a half years but it's doable and immensely satisfying.

wha i have been playing prey

I am debating whether to get Tekken 7 on PC or PS4. My PC is core i7 and my graphics card is a nvidia GTX 1050 ti. When I check the "can my PC run it?" website it says I meet minimum requirements, but on the recommended requirements I only have 4gb dedicated video ram when it says I need 6gb dedicated vid ram. Will I be ok on PC or should I just get it on PS4?

>kdz finally finds a good zoner
>now he's winning with a laser beam match

LIKE CLOCKWORK

sfv blows

>eu

>game getting btfo by stream chat
ed boon on suicide watch

twitch dot tv tekken

you better watch this documentary

is this guy seriously about to play the whole cast

try to keep up short stop

twitch