A sporty family car?

TL;DR I want a new car. Is the 4 series GC a good choice for a family with 2 small kids?

I'm 28 and I drive a boring ass VAN, I want something fun, that I can take out for a spin on the weekends, but at the same time I want things to stay practical. The 4GC is a hatchback (low lip, easy to load stuff), and the boot is decent (480l, we don't use the stroller anymore so it should be enough). I don't care about the rear seat space, kids are still in their seats and my wife sits in the front. I'm looking at a maxed 430i. Thoughts?

I've been also eyeing the new 5 series, the interior is much nicer, but it's not as fun to drive. I've been also drooling over the new 6 GT (big fan, despite the hate it gets), but it's just too expensive, especially when decently specced. 3GT is great space-wise, but I don't like the styling that much. I don't want an SUV (I'd take a Macan Turbo if I could afford one), and I don't want a wagon either. Mercedes doesn't tickle me in the right places, Audi's are everywhere, Volvo although great looking, are boring to drive. Seems like the 4GC is the way to go, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

topgarage.com.pl/garaz/szokujace-zdania-ktore-uslyszysz-kupujac-alfe-giulie-q-warsawdrive/4sbjps
youtube.com/watch?v=Cu1EfUMYh38
youtube.com/watch?v=cOk7ZcQITWQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qWcL2mYvt-8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

decent MPG
fits 5 adults comfortably
great trunk space

No problem a 3k civic can't fix.

In 15 years maybe, when I'm divorced and my kids are off to college. I live in Eastern Europe though, so I doubt I could even manage to buy one here.

you forgot to add
looks like redneck trash

Just go for the 3 series. Why would you buy the 4 door version of a two door version of a four door car?

that's not a pic of your mother tho?

weeb lmao
>eastern europe
the challenger really isn't an option then :(. I don't know how big roads and towns are where you live but the challenger is a bit too large for most british towns

I think you're a yuropoor so this may not help but a Chevy SS would be the patrician choice. Or a mid 2000's Pontiac GOT

>great ls3 veeyate
>more than 400go
>sleeper as fuck while still looking nice
>full sized sedan so you can fit your spawn in the back
>Chevy LS 's get great mpg (mid 20's) despite their great performance
I'm not even a GM guy, in fact I pretty much hate gm but their holden commodore grey import is an amazing car
Not sure if they're avaliab!e in yuroland tho

Wrx

3 series is sort of... basic? the 4GC looks much fresher (the LCI just came out), especially with M performance accesories. The 3 will get a refresh next year so it would also deppreciate much faster.

I'm 28, not 18.

I have never seen a Chevy, nor a Pontiac. I live in a 400k city in western Poland.

Id look around and see if they're available there. They're worth a look. They're certainly no bigger than the bloated bmw people movers of today

A Subaru legacy with the 3.6 liter is also a good full sized sedan

>I'm 28, not 18.
>Considers buying the worse car becuase it looks cooler.

Have you actually driven it? The handling with Servo is amazing, the sound with the M performance exhaust gives me goosebumps when accelerating, and it's just a 2 fucking liter grass-cutter engine (= insurance is cheap, no extra tax).

I'm not saying the WRX is a bad car, but for a family with 2 small kids - really?

>Le too grown up to drive X car
Go waste your monies on a bimmer then, expect costly maintenance,repairs, and plummeted resale

I am talking about the 3 and 4 series. I have not driven, but I have been in a 435 with an M Package when it came out, and it's a fantastic car. But for your needs the 3 Series will be better. But after all, it's your life.

The only advice I will give you to follow strongly is to not look for American cars. In the US they work, they don't in Europe, parts are scarce and almost nobody can fix it.

I'll leasing a new one, it has a 3 year warranty. I'm selling the car after that. It'll be fully specced with M accessories, so it should hold value nicely.

Hm, what's your argument for the 3 series? The rear space difference is marginal (and makes no difference for me, considering that kids are sitting there), and the 4GC looks much better to me (purely from the aesthetics perspective).

It'll also hold value better, as the 3er is scheduled for a refresh next year, the 4 was just refreshed this summer.

>leasing

I'm running a company here, and leasing, due to the quirks of the tax law, allows me to purchase the vehicle about 32% cheaper if I claim it as a company asset (due to income tax and VAT deductibles)

Giulia Veloce Q4

>We have 2 kids

This is the safest sedan, better than Volvo.

Hey man, I seen this too many times.
I understand that you have DD already and you want fun/family combo as 2nd car.
Please listen to me, you will thank me later. Fuck the family car, you already have boring car for everyday. Go all out sports car for 2nd one.

>Eastern Europe

Skoda Superb 280. And with the money you've saved, buy a cheap older 2 seater for weekends.

>Skoda

Might aswell directly kill himsefl.

>He's from Eastern Europe so he needs to drive a Skoda

Are you fucking racist or what?

Go back to you fucking nazi larper

>English plate
>not suggesting a paki car

Because Skoda's are readily available and cheap in Eastern Europe.

The Superb 280 ticks all his boxes, but at the same time at a much lower price, allowing OP to buy a proper sports car with the cash saved. And actually car he wants.

Better than posting burger cars which OP can't even get a hold of.

I was taking that into consideration, but I've been reading it's super unreliable. How's yours? Enjoying the ride?

Skodas are meh. I want fun, not just getting from A to B.

I don't want a second car though. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a mx5 or a z4, but most of the weekends it would sit in the garage. Also, having two cars is a bit over the top, my neighboors would think I'm a show off.

>I was taking that into consideration, but I've been reading it's super unreliable. How's yours? Enjoying the ride?

Super unreliable? Where did you read that shit, here on Veeky Forums from the usual Amerishit sources?

It's reliable as every other car so far, the same goes for the Quadrifoglio but that's not the case.

I don't own that car but I drove it and it was amazing, so I suggested it as an alternatve to the usual Bmw.

If you're worried for the reliability, just but a 2/3 years warranty extension and you'll be golden.

My brothers friend from Warsaw has the Q (the top of the line one with the v6) and it was in the shop twice within the 10 months or so he had it. The parts need to be ordered from Itally, so every time something goes down, he has to drive a lonaer for 2-3 weeks.

He also has a recurring "check engine" thing, the first two times he visited the dealer, they told him everything's alright and removed the error. Third time, they just told him to to remove it himself - you have to open and close the door five times or something along these lines - absurd, for a car of this price point.

I could live with that, given how much fun the car gives (from what I gathered from reviews), but as a kid hauler, I don't want to be stuck in the middle of the night somewhere out of town with two screaming toddlers.

topgarage.com.pl/garaz/szokujace-zdania-ktore-uslyszysz-kupujac-alfe-giulie-q-warsawdrive/4sbjps

this is a blog post about his car & story, google translate this shit.

You can't compare a Giulia Quadrifoglio with the standard model, reliability wise.

They're sports saloon cars with few customers, the "debug" process is slower since few people own this particular model, so they won't made super fast recalls.

However the Quadrifoglio model has a scheduled maintenance every 6 months and every time the car is in the shop an Alfa Romeo engineer inspetcs it at 360 degrees for the reason I said above, he does a quality check to be as sure as possible the car is problems free.

I'm just saying that at Alfa Romeo they're working hard to assure the customer satisfaction, but ultimately if the car has some problem and the local assistance is not able to resolve it...then it may also be their fault, not necessarily the car's.

>t. Lexus owner in Europe

Here you go fampai.
youtube.com/watch?v=Cu1EfUMYh38

This is the water pump in a Bmw, the German quality car. It's made of fucking pastic and it will explode after the warranty period is over.

and here I was thinking I saw every LCi Gran Coupe video - thanks, watching right now :D

Perhaps you're right, but BMW has like 4 different dealers in my city, parts are on the shelf here, the platform is more mature as well. The Guila has a cool "rare" factor bonus (which at the same time is its disadvantage in light of what I just said), but I'm still heavily leaning towards the Gran Coupe.

You've made your mistakes and now you have to live with it. Keep driving the van. If you wanted a sports car that should've been a priority over knocking up some bitch. Alternatively you could (and should) kill yourself.

the only mistake here is you.

Siema.
It's more practical than the 3 series thanks to the almost hatchback-like boot. Don't know how the 4 cyls are but in my experience the BMW 6cyls are the goto option. Also the 430i isn't really that much cheaper than the 440i when it comes to leasing, at least here in Germany.

oh hai

Cześć! The 440i is tempting, but there's this tax thing on engines over 2L - an extra 19% or so. Assuming I fairly well specced car, that's like a 100k PLN price increase, which just isn't worth it, considering that with the option M performance exhaust (bout 3k PLN) the 430i sounds better than the 440i.

There's still the torque difference obviously, but coming from a 170hp suv the 260hp 2 liter will feel like a spaceship anyway.

Well, I'm not here to convince you but don't imagine that a new car will randomly broke down in the middle of the road and let you by your feet.

This is very rare with every modern car, Alfa Romeo included.

There are many people with diesel Giulias who use them regularly for the home-work-home travel and are happy with the car, since multijet engines are very reliable and so are the multiar/t-jet ones.

My suggestion is: test drive the car, ask for a quote and do your math.

If the overall price (warranty extension and maintenance included) is ok - remember that the Giulia Veloce is basically full optional and costs less than a Bmw with the same equipment - personally I'd pull the trigger for it if I'm covered at least for 4-5 years.

It may indeed have a cool exotic factor, but it is objectively more engaging to drive and more comfortable than a 3/4 Series (especially with the back breaking M-Sport suspension setup).

youtube.com/watch?v=cOk7ZcQITWQ

(it needs a good aftermarket exhaust though)

Wrong video, this is timed:
youtube.com/watch?v=qWcL2mYvt-8

Your kids won't be small forever. Unless you'll be buying a new car every few years and ONLY ever driving your kids around, you might as well get something that fits adults, or just get a real sports car and keep a grocery getter minivan on the side.

>BMW premium brand charging premium money
>Entitled as a German "best engineering of the world" car

vs

>the water pump of a plebmobile (pic related)
>a fucking Dodge

Sperg hard fangirls.

Do you see OP? Get accustomed at these kind of behaviour if you'll ever get the Bmw, it's the common butthurt "I bought the wrong car which turned out not to be the apex of the engineering as the marketing told be" defense over the wasted money.

>implying that issue hasn't been resolved by BMW last several years.

yeah whatever, german cars hater.

>issue
>literally cheap engineering

The quality goes down and the price goes up, just like the cock in the ass of Bmw owners