So this car sucks because it's slower than a mini van?

So this car sucks because it's slower than a mini van?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lgUuRVkgJmg
youtu.be/ohGysuuzzX8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I mean I think the issue is normies expect it to be "fast" when they see it and when they find out it's merely "decently quick" it's a disappointment. It's misunderstood

>go to a car meet in my minivan
>people with riceboi rockets make fun of me
>ask them to race
>BTFO them completely
i hope someone does it one day

Honestly, if it didnt have a shitty boxer engine in it I might consider buying one. Fuck you CoG. The main problem is that it was marketed as a "omgitsaracecar" and it really isnt. I mean, its main marketing ploy was that it has shitty tires on it. Seriously? Thats like reading the features of a car and see that the headliner is a feature.

that car is a blast to drive on curvy roads

It was marketed as a successor of a 118 bhp tin can with a live axle.

4AGE 20V ITB swap lolol

Very expensive for what it is. If it was the same price as the civic si I would buy one

Which is weird because it's literally 90% Subaru shit

>25k is expensive
Fucking poorfags I swear, a great chassis and LSD isn't free. The AE86 would have been over 30k in todays money.

its more of a backroad car
put good tires on it and it is much faster on a track anyway

22k is a lot cheaper for civic si that is on par with it.

It's simple, drip the price 2-3k or make it faster than competitive coupes and other sporty type cars

Hell I'd rather buy a wrx than the brz

>The AE86 would have been over 30k in todays money.
Who fuck on cares it's not 1986 and this car isn't anything but a successor by mere notoriety and name. Not actual function.

The 86 was basically a higher performance econobox. What is the brz? Oh yeah an idea by Toyota with 90% the parts of a Subaru with the engine, drive train and everything being Subaru

>a great chassis and LSD isn't free
Wow so a civic si?

The actual successor to the ae86 was always the altezza rs200

First you mention the function, then you do a complete 180 into retardation and you start blabbering anout who made what.

Poorfags and Benchracers ITT

savage

No shit sherlock

why it is ok?

LOL idiot probably doesn't know about VR4/StealthRT

It is ok when nip does it.

Double standard.

What minivan is faster than a manual 86?

Civic SI is priced at 24k while the 86 is priced at 26k.

Chrysler Pacifica

youtu.be/lgUuRVkgJmg

A Civic is a souped up economy car, the 86 uses a bespoke chassis

>cant read

It sucks because busriders on Veeky Forums can't afford it

Civic SI is FWD, nothing wrong with paying 2k more for better chassis

It's slower than my fifteen year old mid tier honda hatch.

I could import two old Type R civics for the same money and any of the several choices would all blow that slow shit out of the water.

Even a miata would be a better use of money if you absolutely needed RWD to go sideways around mountain passes.

Fuck you user, you made me look at classified are for fast minivans

The new car vs old car meme.

In my country I could buy 7 type Rs for the same price (all priced at 3k)

Yeah, new cars blow ass for the money.

I don't know why you would want a brand new almost quick car instead of a slightly older actually fast one. If you can afford a new car that's actually as fast as it tries to look that's one thing.

I find it funby that the BRZ's cockpit is more similar to the GT86 than the FRS's.

Brand new Miatas sell for quite a bit more if you want an LSD

If no one bought new then everyone would be fighting over overpriced 90s shitbox Civics

Some people don't prefer used and abused shitboxes

Yeah but the money spent on a slow car would still be better off there, not to mention all the swaps people will be doing for actual power once the price dips to realistic levels.

>muh $500 LS swap

Hey, they're popular boat anchors for a reason. Shame they sound like ass.

Literally grasping at straws.

>Don't buy a BRZ because you can LS swap a Miata for the same price 20 years later

If this car fucking sucks how come they hold their value like hell?

>t. European

I've been looking since 2015 to buy an used one for a fair amount of money but every car with a decent price has a fuck ton of miles on it, the "newer" used ones are priced by mentally ill people that are asking 3000€ less than what it costs to buy a brand new one.

I'm mad

I wouldn't buy any car that can't do 0-60 in at least 6 seconds, so that kills the 86 for me.

Michelin Primacy HP summer tires are not shitty

you sound like your typical shit driver that thinks going fast in a straight line is fun.

because it looks cool

Look at the face of the car, he is disgusted with his own existence.

It isn't?

>I wouldn't buy any car that can't do 0-60 in at least 6 seconds
But it does, do some research instead of listening to shitposters dummy

It is if you have a room temperature IQ

Source? All the reviews I've seen put it between 6.5 and 7 seconds.

That's a very wordy way of basically just calling me stupid. Nice 4th grade argument.

It's true though, only idiots find straight line acceleration fun

>[Citation needed]

Because...?

>toyota: oh man here we are with an original successor to this meme car from the 80s
>but it's not actually original, in fact it's not even of our own make, we went had Subaru do it up for us

It's 6.2, 7+ seconds is automatic

Compare the average IQ of a Mustang buyer to the average IQ of a 911 buyer then get back to me

A. Thats still not 6 seconds

B. Source?

I'm talking a professional source. Not some amateur lap times website.

How about you do the research for your own claims, imbecile.

>When amateurs can drive a car better than """"""""""professional"""""""""" reviewers

So I can spoon feed some smug anime girl poster the results? Nah

Have fun living in your ignorance

listen sure it could be fun for a couple weeks but that shit wears off especially if thats the only thing thats good about the car.

that being said if you can afford car that can do 0-60 in at least 6 seconds and properly carve a cayon then viola you have the best of both worlds.

most people who talk about 0-60 times are huge american "muscle" fanboys.

pic related is the perfect cayon carving car and still can do 0-60 in less than 5 secs

>Have fun living in your ignorance

I will, brainlet.

>Thats still not 6 seconds
6.2 seconds is 6 seconds, take it as you will
>source?
Since it's so important to you I'll let you do the research

>slap a $500 tune on a BRZ
>suddenly it can do 0-60 in under 6 seconds
Wow

>Has to tune his $30,000 car to get it to perform
How pathetic.

If only they'd make a Chinese cartoon out of it and hype it up to god status so people 20 years from now thing it can beat a r35 downhill.

>I like pulling numbers out of my ass
They sell for like $25k new, and you can regularly find lightly used examples with low miles for like $15k

Stop being poor

>get it to perform
Only one pathetic is you

>has to buy new headers, do a tune and void his warranty to get rid of a torque canyon

Initial d isn't why the ae86 is revered though especially by people like Keiichi Tsuchiya

Drive one. (specifically a GT-S, that isn't clapped out) and i guarantee you'll love that 30 yr old shitbox.

Your "experiment" is flawed. The Porsche 911 is quite a bit more expensive, so naturally you should expect people who've achieved enough in life to afford one would be more intelligent on average.

My car doesn't need a tune to run under 6 seconds. It also didn't cost $30,000.

Kill yourselves, Redditcucks. Your car is shit, and you just admitted to it.

Yeah but for the price of a 911 you can buy a Super Snake

post your car, Im genuinely curious what you drive.

Where did anyone mention headers?

But it's not decently quick. As a Mopar guy and an owner of an R/T Challenger, I can't believe anyone with a car slower than mine can pull the mental gymnastics to think their car is even remotely fast.

Do you drive your mom's Chrysler Pacifica?

A brand new BRZ is 30k, you uneducated retard. You would know this if you actually went to a dealer and bought one, which included closing costs, but we all know you DIDN'T do that, since you are acting as if a low mileage car is the same as a brand new one. I mean, I knew BRZ fanboys were deluded, but I didn't think they were THIS deluded.

>but for the price of X you can buy Y

Only poor stupid people say something stupid like this

Have you considered that possibility that some people just don't give a shit about "carving canyons" and may find different things fun? That has nothing to do with intelligence.

My wrx was the same price as a brz and my wrx is faster both on the track and in a straight line

Probably a 10 yer old hand me down V6 Camry

Only idiots buy a gorillian different cars they they'll drive twice a year instead of investing that money

Riiiiiiiight...

Sure, I guess we can agree on that. There's really no point to this argument lol

But it does
>muh 3rd gear highway pulls

Seems like you didn't read beyond the first line

But it's also an understeering pig by nature, with the entire fucking engine hanging off of the front axle

Sounds like you don't know how to haggle

youtu.be/ohGysuuzzX8

>Is a BRZ retard
>Can't read
>Can't into finances either

Just fucking end yourself already, mongoloid.

>understeering

Thanks for admitting you've never driven one and how you magically think you can't make an awd car oversteer

>pig
It's 3200lbs that's the same weight as any other sedan in that size category

I've driven more cars than you kiddo, it's an understeering pig. You can't get around basic physics

The price the dealership buys it for isn't much higher than what they charge. You aren't going to get some magic 3k off this thing at all in anyway