I just started 5th stage. The only race so far i genuinely wondered who would win was Ryosuke Vs...

i just started 5th stage. The only race so far i genuinely wondered who would win was Ryosuke Vs. Kyoichi ! best race in the series so far. prove me wrong
>Protip: u can't

The GOD HANDO vs fuji man race and the sw20 man vs fuji man races were the best of the series.

but of course, the cool vibrations man vs fuji man race was literally the best

cannot be disputed

Honestly the ryosuke battle saved the series. I can't remember anything from fifth stage other than the Miata got dicked.

Pretty much this. Although I really liked the first race with Keisuke more than any others personally. Where did it all go so fucking wrong after first stage?

I think it was the 86 getting a new engine killing the underdog aspect of the car, and that from stage 4 on every other race was somebody who's "the best" at something or has "the best car" for the race, and losing every time of course.

Yeah, totally lost the feel of a bunch of kids racing each other in their shitboxes for the fuck of it.

Honestly I'd like some kind of side series about the speed stars and them doing more of those "just kids having fun" type races, instead of it being a huge competitive shitfest and basically DBZ with cars

That was 4th stage.

inb4 the furfaggot rages at this thread

did toyota make some kind of racing 4a-ge engies or did buntu basically drop a built engine?

It was a Formula Atlantic racing engine, which did actually exist.

Initial D Legend 3 FC Encyclopedia man vs tofuboy with the shit music replaced by Beat of the Rising Sun is the best.

I only watched up until around the point where ZA FUJIWARA ZONO started. Does takumi ever race the evo that beats him when the engine blows again?

>these fags who haven't watched 5th stage

there's a miata in 5th stage too you know, albeit an NB

Yes

This so much.

5th stage SPOILERU BELLOW !

yeah guy who snaps his gt wing!

Everything would have been better if Takumi was actually allowed to lose.

Instead you get a gradually escalating series of extremely convenient ass-pulls, 'fujiwara zone' aura bullshit, or bad luck on his opponent that wins him the race.

I wanted to see him learn more over the series (and allow us viewers to learn more about technique) instead of relying mostly on raw, superhuman talent.

>DBZ with cars
this. so much this
1st stage had the best art style and it seemed like dagumi made a few mistakes and he was slowly snapping out of his autism and he just raced his shitbox for fun
turns out he goes on an even bigger autism spree because of muh fujiwara zone and it's all about project D and not racing for the lols and Ryosuke is still overpowered as fuck

If the characters had major development and there was some big risk into play (remember Shingo? Cool vibrations made the most intense race, along with Ryosuke) it would be cool instead of "Racer of the Week"

Same shit as My little pony, my man. The protagonist went from being a small guy in a little world, to a big shot who can never fucking lose and all adventures become asinine because you already know what's going to happen.

First Stage had its charm.
I think it's when they started with the whole Project D shit.

>MLP
Glad I dropped that show before I went too deep down the rabbit hole.