clanjadewolf.net/mwll/
mechlivinglegends.net/

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

The HAWKEN zombie marches on:
playhawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
store.steampowered.com/app/416020

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

Cram in completely unbalanced civil era tech here:
mwomercs.com/civil-war

Stab your spear you filthy tribal:
mwomercs.com/javelin

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

Kong PodKast #25: Heavy Gear Stuff
kongkast.libsyn.com/kong-kast-25-gear-bays-black-market-and-pets-oh-my

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

mwomercs.com/forums/topic/250998-new-tree-is-a-next-gen-improvement-for-this-game/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for spooder nerfs

*blocks your path*
heh nothing personal kid

How does the consumables tree works with the extra slot skill?
Can you bring duplicate consumables now?

Executioner is actually a decent brawler now.

Noding for jumpjets, hitpoints, speed tweak and engine cooling. Though I'm tempted to try noding weapons since it would benefit a lot from jump sniping with lower burntime lasers.

*teleports behind you*

HI THERE!

Only 396 million cbills

Embarrasing desu

W O W

AREN'T YOU SO COOL WITH YOUR GIANT PILE OF GAZILLIONS OF CBILLS

REALLY ACTIVATES MY DEBIT CARD

slut

OH GOD THESE JJ SKILLS

THE SPIDERS CAN FLY NOW

ITS THE ERA OF FLYING MECHS

WHAT IS EVEN HAPPENING

I want a Stalker. Are Stalkers good?

Anyone tested the poolander with the new JJ's?

It's a great mech right now thanks to the new skill tree, just don't ever put XL's in it.

I initially wanted a battlemaster but the stalker just looks better to me. How do the two compare?

So from what I'm getting so far, prioritize mobility tree before anything else?

>ust looks better to me. How do the two compare?
>>>
> Anonymous 05/17/17(Wed)00:56:58 No.177034031 ▶
>So from what I'm getting so far, prioritize mobility tree before anything else?
Depends on the mech. Slow fucking atlas yeah you want mobility. I think more into sensor personally is better. Seismic and Radar Dep are still really good.

Anyone come up with a cookie cutter general path to take for /most/ mechs yet with the skill maze? I know its only been a day but something to follow (preferably a visual) would be appreciated.

I find myself 99.99% of the time when theorycrafting layouts completely ignoring the survival tree, and putting 20 points into operations immediately, first above all else.

We really need more than 91 points to work with. There's near 300 nodes and we can barely even take a third of them.

Well maybe you'd want the twist speeds for the Atlas

Stalker is more forgiving thanks to the hitboxes, and since it never relied upon an uprated engine for mobility and agility it's probably moved ahead of the game this patch..

Get the 4N around the laser duration perks with 6x LL and then go for durability and mobility. Group your weapons into a left side, right side, and then three of your arm lasers for poking over hills. It's a totally solid build that's been around forever and is still good.

The rest can be built however you like. Any with two energy hardpoints in the arms can be built around 4 LPL- group them in a left side/right side pair so you can shoot around corners without exposing. Otherwise you can do a combination of SRMs and medium lasers or mplas, although the Stalker isn't quite fast enough to make a great brawler- it does have based airplane fuselage hitboxes that make torso twisting off damage very easy.

I like the STK-3FB with an STD 310, ECM, 2x SRM6, 4 mplas 2 ml and a bunch of heat sinks.

Neg the 4N lost its LL quirks so you don't have to run that build now.

>Anyone come up with a cookie cutter general path to take for /most/ mechs yet with the skill maze?

I've just been putting all the points I want into firepower, survivability, mobility and operations, and then going back and cutting out the chaff until I'm back down to 91.

How long ago? I played mine a couple times during tuk3 and it seemed fine.

The update not 24 hours ago baka.

Javelin 10P with 6 srm2's is pretty fun
Anyone else using it?

yes or no

I didnt realise how much the armour got buffed up with the new quirks
>21 head armour

pisses me off the only one worth using is mc only.

Yes if you have specific nodes. You need 'coolant reserves' for example to bring 2 coolshot 18's.

>lrms
>ever
more gauss ammo and a ppc

Two tons of LRM ammo seems really small when you're packing LRM30. Its gonna be all gone in 12 shots.

L.F.E SOON(TM)(C)(R) Pty. Ltd.

are they shit now or do they just trigger you because they take no skll?

All the radar dep. etc. you can get seismic too.

Max survival (apart from ams)

Whatever firepower you can get with the leftovers focusing on heatgens and whichever specific weapon nodes will benefit that mech most.

Any laser benefits from the burn time nodes. Velocity is great for everything not lasers. Arm's make a shitload out of the missile racks especially but the other missile nodes are great too.

Magazine is fuckawesome for ballistics

both

They're much better now since they benefit from the generic velocity nodes.

NO FOR FUCK SAKE WTF?

Also, i'll keep you posted, kang.
Logged in, trued, it didn't explode at the drop so i'm okay with this. Problem is - nobody is actually playing teh game, everyone logged, everyone in the skillmaze, take a gazillion years to find a match.

r8 my Javelin

Magazine nodes are a fairly big upgrade for potentially crit and weight starved mechs like the CN9-D. 4 more bangs per ton for the LBX10 is a lot.

>focusing on heatgens

>not focusing on cooldown and then spamming cool shots

so they didnt actually plain remove the quirks, they just camouflaged them and put them into base chassis values?

lol

what the fuck is the difference?

weapon quirks were kinda reduced a noticable amount

retard

Except multiple consumables requires you to spec into the node tree that only does one thing.

Whereas getting heathen nodes paths you through the firepower tree with cooldowns and weapon specific nodes you might want. Consumables tree is a waste since it only takes one to get the old standard cool shot and UAV.

Even the single extra round per ton for gauss or ac20 is worth it. Free ammo is free ammo. Let alone the 20 extra missiles arm's get per ton with rack 1 + 2

I haven't been paying attention. I haven't logged in for around a year.
I have around 9100 GSP from old modules. Does that mean I never have to grind XP to max out a mech again(at least up to around 100 of them)?

I only have to worry about c-bills for robots and equipment?

I might start playing again if so. What a relief that would be. I fucking hated the XP grind for a new mech more than anything.

I must be missing something.

lol its worse than I could have ever imagined

I always despised the niggyr for being such a hypermeta tryhard mech, but now it really is the only choice.

Mobility hits across the board mean jumpy ppfld is more powerful than ever before. Lights are easier to hit than ever before. Nobody can torso twist anymore even if they want to, and clam pepsigoose is stronger than ever because of skill tree quirks.

Everything else feels like shit to play, except for the slow piece of shit instagib turret mech, of course.

Subscribe to my blog here: fuck you pgi

Yes.
And now there is no requirement to buy 3 of the same chassis, so you can buy one-ofs.

Wow this is total garbage.

Not only the whole process is overly complicated and outright kills the desire to play the game it also seems like you won't be able to reach your elited mech performance, so it's a fucking downgrade basically.

Amazing. Simply epic. My mind is blown.

Dunno, consumables is not SP heavy.

On my Supernova I just went down for laser duration and cooldown only and then to structure, mobility, operations and consumables.

With dual coolshot I can pump out like 4 back to back alpha strikes before overheating which is 272 damage over 9 seconds. I'll have to test again tomorrow.

Heat reduction is probably more prudent, but the 10 second ion cannon is a nice party trick for some turbospud that wants to get in your grill.

What is complicated about it?

Go play pinball.

As far as i can see - i will only ever have consumables again if they're will be in a crates since i have aout 30 spare keys.

You do like ghost heat or what?

My point is that any nodes you waste on getting an extra cool shot 18 are nodes you can't spend on getting deeper into firepower that's ALWAYS helpful at all times.

t. PoE enthusiast

That's why you need to spec into survival heavily.

>6 erml 2 lpl

I get that heat reduction is a better stat in an ideal environment, I just don't think it's quite that simple in practice. Sometimes being a little bit better "all the time" isn't good enough, because you need to be way better right that instant.

Double cool shot isn't even a significant investment in SP.

>using mumble in 2017

fucking gas yourselves.
all of you.
none deserve to survive.

I've been gone for a gorillion years. Someone told me they overhauled shit and to reinstall; I did. The game looks nice now, and sounds nice, and the visuals even look a bit better... but how does it play? and what the fuck am I supposed to do with all my old mechs and "converted" skill points? Essentially, what do I need to know in terms of basic gameplay now? I haven't really played since before the Clan invasion.

> What's the meta/ How do people play the game now that there's dozens of mechs and a hundred variants, as well as Clan shit?

> Does D-DC still have a job?

> What mechs are people using?

> Did Piggy use Chassis traits to buff mediocre mechs like the Awesome into a functional state?

> What's the current situation with Large Lasers and PPC/ER PPC?

> I heard LRM's got a nerf? How's that working out?

> Are autocannons worth using now? How have the various sizes fared? AC/10's, and LB-X 10's in particular?

> Is the Black Knight worth using? (KONG STRONK)

> How's the tonnage/ drop system work?

> Is the grind less tedious?

> are medium mechs still death traps?

because of the new skill tree and people retarding out on the mobility and other gimped trees that do not restore the maneuverability before new skill tree. engine uncoupling means your big fat assault will always turn and pitch and twist like a fucking brick that it is regardless of it's speed. you can make it a patheticlly slightly less bricklike mech, but nowhere near what it used to be.

so pepsi goose and poptarting is still the meta, even harder now. LURMMAGGEDDON is back though since velocity nodes effect lurms and no one is speccing the sensors to get full radar dep etc.

DDC is ultimate tank of unkillable now with survival tree

the only specific traits left on any mech are IS structure / armour inherents and severely nerfed generic weapon type range / heat inherents, all the specific weapon quirks are gone

lurms got an unnerf. if you take the missile spread/rack/explosive nodes you get a shitload more lurms to throw at a target than before for the same ammo tonnage investment. generic velocity nodes mean you can now finally throw lrm's downrange MUCH MUCH faster, a buff they've needed for forever. combined with the fact the potatoes aren't speccing into sensors and you'll have lox for days

>Essentially, what do I need to know in terms of basic gameplay now?

The new skill tree is more rpg-like. You no longer need 3 variants to master a Mech, so you can just cherrypick the best variants- in that sense the grind is reduced although I'm not sure about the actual xp requirements.

Meta has diversified and you'll need to approach it on a case by case basis. If you want to play a particular weapon system, you'll have to find the variant for it- though lasers, ppc, srms and ACs are all competitive at high level pug play. Same goes for weight classes- just take the time to research which variants are good.

LBXs are more popular now. Quad LBX 10 Cyclops (hero) or Mauler or Kodiak is even semi common.

Black knight was strong, dunno about after this patch since it tended to be run with a big engine.

IS autocannons are great. clam fuckwits still have ultra ac's of fullauto never jam now. however, cooldown nodes mean IS can throw shells downrange MUCH MUCH faster and generic range means you don't need to put A module for ac range, putting the range that makes your other weapons go further also throw your shell further too.

Nigerian Chivalrie Warrior is slightly better, just like a lot of mixed mechs that suffered from not being able to throw all three weapon types range and cooldown mods. I CANNOT overstate how good generic range and cooldown nodes are
tonnage system is great. for every 5 t weight increment DOWNWARDS, you get MORE out of survival tree. lights are kinda fucked due to mobility being useless.

the grind now is buy whatever ONE mech you actually want, play it for up to 100- 125-150 matches in order to activate 91 nodes.

NOPE, mediums are now assault armour tanky fuckers on IS side.

Get ready for the lightning.

nice CT ammo

Just gauss my shit up senpai

My build from before the patch was XL300 with a dubble AC/5. You might find that two gun is better than one gun, but I haven't started playing with the new skill tree yet.

Reminder that Bushwacker might be the best medium in the game right now

Stay mad Hunch2C cucks

Looks like this skill tree stuff is going to really encourage boating and min-maxing over building balanced and all round capable mechs.

All in all we'll see increasing TTK.

Why are so many MWO players so retarded? Are they all ancient bittervets with dementia playing and posting from a mental institute?

The butthurt about the skilltree is batshit insane, all of these people are so retarded that I'm actually taking piggy's side on this, and I hate them even more than usual for making piggy look like the sensible party. Some people are even saying how they have to use all of their cbills and xp remastering their mechs and complaining about how piggy didn't give mastered mechs skillpoint compensation, when that's exactly what was done and it's been said everywhere and the historic skillpoints are clearly visible in the UI.
>hurr I never read any news or patch notes for 6 months and never went to the website what is this when I log in?????
>durr tax forms and new UI elements?? get my medication and adult diapers stat, nurse
>read the patch notes or do anything except complain about how I don't understand anything??? fukk piggy I quit I can't spend 60x10 to 90x10 seconds to RTFM
>MUH MECHS ARE NERFED REFUND AND CHARGEBACK EVERYTHING (translators note: all mechs in the game got toned down so his mechs aren't nerfed compared to everyone else)
>whats this increased grind??? (translators note: mastering and moduling a mech in the previous system costed millions of cbills and tens of thousands of xp more than it does now)

>clearly visible

Don't lie user. The interface is a massive clusterfuck and there's nothing intuitive about it at all. It didn't take me very long to figure out but it's still a fucking mess of a UI.

Nevermind the skill maze is overly complex and convoluted as it is, too.

So now that the Skill Maze has dropped what are your thoughts? The white knights as usual love it without saying why, the opposition hates how convoluted it is and everyone else seems to have given up.

Go back to fucking the other white knight nigger lovers on the official forums circlejerks, bishop shitstainer.

Your retardation and unquestioning piggy penis custard gargling isn't appreciated here.

>Bishop Steiner
Isn't he the faggot that spends 99% of his time on the forums getting high off his own post count from attempting to suck PIG micro penis and attacking everyone who disagrees with him while spending 1% of the time actually in game?

Isn't that Heffay? Or was it BLOOD WOLF? No, I think you are talking about Prosperity Park.

Yeah, that's the cuck.

Hilariously flip flopped from being actually critical of piggy jewishness and overzealously defending every scumbag move they do just because the nig pigs made a police themed urbanmech.

For example my LCT-1E has the following "enhancements":
>HEAT -9.75%
>MAX HEAT +15%
>HEAT DISSIPATION +10%
>RATE OF HEAT LOSS +18%
Why is it such a convoluted mess?

MWO is life for those guys. If the game ceased to exist I'd bet one of them would actually end their life.
You mean the meme mech that only is "unique" because it has some energy hardpoints in the center torso? That retard could literally receive a bag of Russ Bullock's shit and he'd happily eat it and tell people how they should do the same.

You mean Zoeff, the man who managed to suck enough cocks the devs gave him a pat on the head and made him a hall monitor while Sean Lang throws him a bone now and then.

I figured it out instantly and I never took part in any of the PTS tests, I just read the skilltree explanation even before the patchnotes. And how is the skilltree complicated? Everything has tooltips and every skilltree except operations does what you would expect from the name. A lot of the shit even directly uses the names of the old modules so you don't even need to question what it does.

The forumwarriors are at a "grandpa trying to use windows for the first time" -level of tech literacy when it comes to videogames if they can't figure this shit out.

Well maybe if you weren't too busy choking down pozzed nigger semen from some blind retarded goldman's distended anus, you'd take a miniscule amount of time of your life to read the patchnotes which explain everything.

The skilltree system has some retarded shit, but it isn't even 1/100000 as retarded as the people flipping their shit about it. These faggots have their heads so far up their asses that they'll start a shitstorm over literally made up shit or something they misunderstand because they refuse to read patchnotes or even anything they see on their game client screen. The forums and reacharoundhpg are basically Lobotomy Patient -Con 2017 right now.

>Defending horrendous "game design"
You can kill yourself at any time.

Because it's a great deal more complex than it needs to be with a staggering amount of different currencies and information overload on the right.

Protip, if you need to read manuals or tooltips to do something incredibly basic then your UI design is too complex. The average person is not going to do that shit. They will get overwhelmed and frustrated and do something else.

There are innumerable ways this could be less complex, but I struggle to think how they could make it any more convoluted.

>all this asspain from a white knight whose deity has been proven fallible, and which bleeds fecal matter.

Go on, go. Suckle that piggy penis. For all the good it does you while the rest of the population, who can clearly see this shit is broken AND stupid, vote with their feet and wallets.

Okay Dashing IIC

If you go to a forum populated by mentally retarded people, you can expect to interact with mentally retarded people. But this time the retards have a reason to start flinging shit. The only good thing about the skilltree is the removal of the rule of three. Everything else is AIDS and pointlessly complicated AIDS at that. It isn't rocket surgery or heart science but it is much too complicated for what it achieves. Now go buy a mech pack, [G]oldie.

But it really isn't complicated or confusing. Are we really at the point where even the players of a super niche game, based on a TT game with tons of complicated rules which many of them play, can't figure out videogame mechanics like skilltrees and skillpoints? You can't even expect the players of an online PVP game to read major patchnotes, when the patchnotes have been out for months and been on the front page multiple times?

Maybe you like spending more time wasting brainpower on scanning through an annoying mess of skills (some of which have no use but haha you're required to take them anyway) and dealing with obnoxious and tedious design that only a fucking moron would greenlight but normal people that think don't.

Skill Maze is a failure and the defense force can only resort to "lol you just didn't read the patch notes". Surprise, people did and said it was a bad idea but PGi went with it anyway, disregarding complaints like they always do.

You are acting like I don't understand how it fucking works, you dense motherfucker. Just because I can use it and understand it doesn't change the fact that it is a total clusterfuck of pointless bullshit. It is convoluted, bloated and just one of the most user un-friendly UIs I have seen in general.

>chink asshole trying to stop me from posting
Try again, you slant eyed gook

>Maybe you like spending more time wasting brainpower on scanning through an annoying mess of skills
It takes minimal amounts of time and you don't have to take it in again, because the trees are structured the same for all the mechs.
>dealing with obnoxious and tedious design
Is anything that isn't an iPhone UI for literal babies to play Candy Crush with a bad design these days?
>Surprise, people did and said it was a bad idea but PGi went with it anyway, disregarding complaints like they always do.
Then why is the overwhelming majority of complaints from people too stupid to understand it. Where are all of these experts with their valid complaints, instead of the steering wheel underhive with their "I didn't read patchnotes even while my game was downloading and installing the patch and I haven't seen any of the news about development for almost half a year, I looked at the skilltree for ten seconds and decided to quit playing forever because my peanut brain shorted out" -complaints.

Obviously there are fucking problems like not having auto-fill for choosing a node lower in the tree and no copypasting/saving layouts, but all complaints I've seen are either retards being retarded or bittervets finding some nitpick to blow up into the apocalypse because they want any excuse to yell at the pig.

>not still running the 6LL 4N

it didn't fully lose its LL-specific quirks, and with the skill tree heat quirks maxed out you can now alpha strike a motherfucker without overheating

not to mention the -15 laser duration on top of everything else

>It's all the bittervets fault
Nice scapegoat, faggot. You haven't helped your argument in any way. But of course to you everyone that doesn't want to navigate a poorly designed web of bullshit is a retard. There's no way you could possibly be wrong since you'll accept a bad decision without question because, as I'm sure you're eager to say, change for the sake of change is somehow "good"

Yes or no; can I bring my mechs back to the same level they were at before, or does this skill tree essentially nerf everything across the board.

In some aspects, yes or even better than before, but in others, no.

Alright thanks.

Depends on the mech. Getting access to ultra jam chance, laser duration and heat generation, or extra armor and structure can be huge on some mechs.

Autism at work: mwomercs.com/forums/topic/250998-new-tree-is-a-next-gen-improvement-for-this-game/

you have to pick and choose what to 'get back'. and even if you go full mobility you aint getting your previous mobility back, so some node trees are less valuable than others.

A full 91 point mech will not be as mobile, cool and shooty as a mastered and moduled mech of the days of yore.

This is what makes it so painful.

Torso turn speed and to a slightly lesser extent accel/decel rate has received a nerf across the board for every 'mech in the game, but everything else is generally an improvement. The tl;dr for weapons is that you lose 5% possible cooldown from the old system, but in exchange you get access to:

>laser duration
>velocity on everything (PPC, LRM, SRM, UAC5, etc.)
>LBX spread
>missile spread
>UAC jam chance
>heat gen
>extra ammo per ton on everything

Not to mention armor/structure buffs, some really fun jumpjet options, and a buff to the amount of consumables you can carry.

I personally love the overall buffs I'm getting out of the new system, but I can definitely understand why a lot of people don't want to navigate the menus - it's a clusterfuck, but at least in my opinion it's worth the effort. Sensor stuff feels a bit too expensive (17 points for radar derp is a bit much) and armor buffs are gated a bit too hard I think, but overall the system gives you a lot more useful options than the old one did, at the cost of being able to take slightly less stuff in total than before.