Eve Online general /eog/

Trash scanning and gutted audio settings edition.

>What's EVE Online?
A dead game

>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes. Eve is F2P, with severe restrictions, and you can earn enough in-game money to get a subscription ("PLEX").

>I want to play EVE, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using a referral link (chaining them with friends works best)
If you have no friends you can easily create two accounts and refer yourself.
secure.eveonline.com/recruit/

If you buy a subscription on the referred account, then the account used to create the referral link will receive in-game money. Therefore some people will ask you to click their referral links, with the promise of monetary returns. There is no guarantee that you will actually get your share, if you click other people's referral links.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and consider finding a corp. Corporations are a great way to connect with people and learn the game properly. The game is only as boring as you are.

For career suggestions, see this graphic:
eve-guides.fr/images/wtd.jpg (embed)

>Read the /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/cqJUuVT9 (embed)

>Game information
Eve University UniWiki: wiki.eveuniversity.org/Main_Page

>Maps and regions
evemaps.dotlan.net/
ellatha.com/eve/wormholelist.asp

>PvP information
zkillboard.com/
evewho.com/

>Fitting, structure, and skill planning tools
github.com/pyfa-org/Pyfa
wiki.eveuniversity.org/Third-party_tools

>Updates
updates.eveonline.com/

>Markets
eve-central.com/
eve-marketdata.com/
evepraisal.com/

FOZZIE MAKES A BUNCH OF STUPID POINTLESS CHANGES (don't ever remove this from the OP because it is always true.)

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

zkillboard.com/kill/62331790/
secure.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=d81bcfcf-8e09-4e55-b9ec-1ea99fd7aa98&action=buddy
secure.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=e10a2338-948f-4a12-a8e3-a3ae78cb68c2&action=buddy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>it's not worth sp farming for profit anymore

All good things come to an end.

But injectors are almost 700m

>play some games on a WH to Delve
>goons bring carriers to stop out little t1 fit frig/dessie gang
>trade 1 or 2 1.5m ships for a svipul in their bubble camp
>couple of them chase through again
>domi almost dies so they jump an archon through
>WH collapses behind it
>call m80s and kill the archon
kek

Plex is more expensive and the profit margins were not that high before

price of extractors has gone up more than injectors

I don't get why people feel the need to do this to t1 small gangs.

Micropenis I guess. It would be more effective to just bring small ships of their own for a fight if they actually want us gone

Ikr and they would actually have fun. But they must hate having good isk efficiency.

>injectors are almost 700m
WHY

post killmail

>pls feed us kills lol

>let's fight them in blingy ships guys. When we lose two of them to kill 8 t1 frigs we will claim victory even though each ship we lost cost more then their whole gang.

>muh cost

Not an argument

>I won because a third party website told me so

>le "we lost 30bil but can make it back in 1 hour" meme

>I fly blingy trash and have sub 50% efficiency and lose to pilots with 1/10 my sp.

>le efficiency
Must suck being stuck in an alliance with kb quotas

Must suck to suck
>implying I am in an alliance

>~160m per character
yeah shit crashed hard. Between the start-up costs it'll take over a year before you start breaking even if you have some cooked alphas, or 2 years if you start a fresh omega character to pay off the plex it uses just to get it to 5.5mil sp.

>take non habit forming sleeping pills everyday because I can't stop taking them now
>scan down sites with a destroyer and save non combat sites for later pick up
>get too tired to do it
>stay in bed with eyes open for 5 hours thinking about those sites
>decide to hope back on
>they gon

fug

Miss me yet?

When can we start kicking Goons out of Delve?

Just as planned

>le spy man

>still no stupid pointless rlml changes to make them shit vs kiters but still annihilate all brawlers

Yeah, you actually need to put those characters to use and then not mind them losing their SP at the end of the month. Only thing I can think of to do with a bunch of low-APM omegas is mining.

>rlml
>brawl

You can't now.

>Blood Raider Sotiyo is a failure
What's next?

Can I train my 3 PI characters to passively buy plex each month?

Almost

R8

>ANY YEAR PAST 2012
>PLAYING EVE

KEKS

Elaborate.

A player should expect everyone is a potential gank, awox, or spy waiting to happen. To preempt this, it's taken as axiomatic that a player should not fly what isnt affordable. On this note, the player should be keeping an autistic tally of isk per hour ratios on all income. Kill mails and battles are regularly measured in value destroyed and isk efficiency. And above all, 'eve is real'. There's a subtle reinforcing loop in this game's culture that, taken to an extreme, incentives risk aversion.

Eve isn't dying, so much as fossilizing.

wtf is this nerd shit lmoa

A fucking 1 day alpha can buy plex.

>no grapple

It's shit.

I log in daily to refresh my orders and make new scam contracts, then just wait at undock/gate for some shit-for-brains to come. I've still got over 40 tornados left in my hangar and another hundred or so scattered around. Sometimes I question myself, if this is worth it.

>impgnyi

So I wanna like this game but its so boring to start. Like im ussaly a patient guy who likes to play autistic game like uncharted waters but something about EVEs early game is mindnumbing as fuck. Do I really just have to get through it and about how long should it take.

>hisec
zkillboard.com/kill/62331790/

I'm tempted to have a battle royale type thing with noobships, everyone has to carry 1 newplex and winner takes all.

Gotta make sure your Hulk's mining lasers can track the rocks.

Eve is boring.

The only good thing about EvE is the guys you play with (if you happen to find a cool bunch) and the PvP excitement you can experience, before you get jaded and dont really get that adrenaline shot anymore.

>tfw check graph after some time I left
>Auto quit mode
>Start the game, do your career agent missions, grind combat missions solo, quit the game out of boredom
>tfw people here and in discord suggest me to do this

suggested me to do all career agent missions, combat missions*
>tfw people here and in discord suggest me to do it, and I thought it's all the game it has

My favorite time in uncharted waters online which is EVE in the age of exploration was when on a whim I assembled a party of like 6 guys to sail to india and back with me as the muscle and translator with another guy being the trader and what not. It lasted 3 hours of exitment and fun and by the time we were back in England 2 players had been sunk by player pirates and we all walked away like 8 million gold richer and when we started non of us even had a 1million in assets. Ide like to do something like that again in EVE but for some reason the whole tutorial and beginner missions are mind numbingly boring.

I think it's impossible to start playing eve solo. Though I did so 5 years ago, but people this days are getting bored too easily. Try to find a newb corp, probably it will help.

I tried starting the game with my best friend. Sadly hes been using the same mediocre laptop for close to 6 years now. Im at the point were im gonna build him a fuckin computer for his birthday.

Yeah so just so you can understand my perspective, I live in high class WH, which is probably the most active play style you can do in this game. The amount of busywork I have to do, from scanning the chain, rolling like a madman to farming C4 and C5 sites so that I have money for PvP.... Well lets say the prep is not that fun.

But when I start hunting and I find someone in space to kill, its glorious. So dont bother with fucking PvE unless you have to and start killing other players as soon as possible.

Its really the only truly exciting activity in EvE.

I guess you can have fun with the market as well, if you are into that sort of thing. Some people even enjoy industry, which is beyond my comprehension. Just avoid PvE like the plague.

I'm out of Horde for a week. Is there any place with good ratting that I can app?

That's because of the ghost training bug CCP refuses to fix or even acknowledge.

Most large SP farms haven't used PLEX for the last 6-8 months or so.

So while you're scraping by making 100-200mil/month the guy with 300 alts is raking in 700-800mil per month and alt.

The already replaced meme is real. If you're spending time or real money on making Isk you're a sucker.

Get out while you can, EVE is doomed and the crash is coming soon. 500 PLEX will be 2b+ once the large farms cash out and the NCPLHK oldfags running them will have individual warchests that would make Goons envious.

If you thought Lenny's handouts were bad for the game you haven't seen anything yet.

Holding space won't matter, PVP won't matter. TQ will be just like Sisi. Whatever assets you managed to collect will be meaningless.

incursions

Anyone have a recruitment code? I'm thinking about trying this out.

>inb4 ISK gets totally devalued, so people abandon it and switch to PLEX instead

I don't have T2 shield module training for them.

secure.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=d81bcfcf-8e09-4e55-b9ec-1ea99fd7aa98&action=buddy

Give us email. This guy won't give you anything.
secure.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=e10a2338-948f-4a12-a8e3-a3ae78cb68c2&action=buddy
Though you can use this link and i'll give you 250 plex if you subcribe.

Thanks, user.

Fuck

What about 1 PLEX, 3 characters?

Explain.

Does it matter what race I choose?

you'd better choose gallente because on alpha you are allowed to use starting race ships only and gallente droneboats are great. then if you'll become omega all restrictions will be removed.

If you're paying/plexing(Omega), no. Otherwise(Alpha), yes.

Alpha Amarr are shit, Alpha Gallente are great at PVE, Alpha Caldari are great at PVP, Alpha Minmatar have the greatest degree of flexibility.

>Alpha Minmatar have the greatest degree of flexibility
lolno. Alpha minnie has trasher and thats it.

>non-meme ships do not exist

just take gallente, they can pvp too.

>drone boats
>alpha clones

>lasers
>damage

Yeah, what else are you going to do with your SP farming trillions? You'll dump it all into PLEX. And there are only so many whales that are going to sell PLEX to satiate the demand.

>le ebil spook rich people

Man peoples bios can be hilarious.

don't give them attention

>no wannabes/noobs or alt
but how am i supposed to become good then?..

>dual 1000mm Railgun

>mfw it does less dps than a 250mm railgun

lolno

synthetic hull conversion

AT ships.

Virtuoso:
Gallente Frigate Bonus per level:
10% bonus to Small Hybrid Turret falloff
20% bonus to Torpedo max velocity
Minmatar Frigate Bonus per level:
10% bonus to Stasis Webifier and Stasis Webifier Bomb effectiveness
10% bonus to Torpedo explosion velocity and flight time
Covert Ops Bonus per level:
7.5% bonus to Armor Repairer amount
10% bonus to Small Hybrid Turret damage
5% bonus to thermal and explosive Bomb damage
15% bonus to thermal and explosive Torpedo damage

Role Bonus:
25% reduction in booster side effect potency
300% bonus to Small Hybrid Turret damage
33% bonus to Torpedo launcher rate of fire
100% reduction in Cloaking Devices CPU requirement
100% reduction in Bomb Launcher powergrid and cpu requirements
99.8% reduction in Torpedo Launcher powergrid requirement
90% reduction in Torpedo Launcher cpu requirement
No targeting delay after Cloaking Device deactivation
Can fit Covert Ops Cloaking Device, Covert Cynosural Field Generator and Bomb Launcher
Cloak reactivation delay reduced to 15 seconds

Slot layout: 5H, 3M, 4L; 1 turret, 2 launchers
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 0 / 0
Cargo Hold: 300m3
Booster Bay: 50m3
Victor:

Gallente Cruiser Bonus per level:
10% bonus to Medium Hybrid Turret falloff
Minmatar Cruiser Bonus per level:
10% bonus to Stasis Webifier effectiveness
Recon Ships Bonus per level:
7.5% bonus to Armor Repairer amount
10% bonus to Medium Hybrid Turret damage
20% bonus to Stasis Webifier optimal range

Role Bonus:
30% reduction in booster side effect potency
100% bonus to Medium Hybrid Turret damage
100% reduction in Cloaking Devices CPU requirement
Can fit Covert Ops Cloaking Device and Covert Cynosural Field Generator
Cloak reactivation delay reduced to 5 seconds
80% reduction in Cynosural Field Generator liquid ozone consumption
50% reduction in Cynosural Field Generator duration

Slot layout: 5H, 5M, 5L; 3 turrets, 2 launchers
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 50 / 75
Cargo Hold: 450m3
Booster Bay: 100m3

You can stay dead and irrelevant for all anyone cares for all your code ass kissing and bankrolling.

>covops
>kiteshit

every fucking time

>Booster Bay

what did he mean by this

I should have let my alt expire yesterday so I could test this shit out

>it has webs so it is a kiter

How many effective turrets is that on the bomber? 6? 1 x 1.5 (+50% from CovOps Skill) x 4 (+300% role)

stronger tackle almost always means kiting

source: play the fucking game

wow daredevil so kiter :^D xD

Cruor kiting

Ah so your world is limited to meme plexes in fw.

Incursus brawling

>tfw Veeky Forums was down all morning and couldnt post dog

>buy fed web
>fit rails
>it's like trying to catch a slicer that 90% webs you at 18km