So did the Viper fanclub just give up in the end and go home?

So did the Viper fanclub just give up in the end and go home?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.ca/amp/www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports/amp10349049/2017-dodge-viper-gts-r-nurburgring-ring-lap-time-farnbacher/
dailymotion.com/video/x5vmd8x
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah... i think i'd still take the viper over the radical desu

Huh.. I cant legally drive a Radical on the road in my country, yet a Viper is A-OK. I think your thread is bullshit and you are a fucking retard for posting it.

Viper is a production car Radical isn't. OP likely just as a sore butt.

the viper at least has a roof

Viper's can't legally be sold by Dodge anymore
The plant officially closes on the 31st.

Can't get less production than totally discontinued.

I recall the Viper having things like a roof, an interior, and other things that you normally find on street cars, unlike the other one.

But it was and is a production car. Ibeing discontinued is irrelevant.

Also, I think they're trying again.

Then i guess the Mclaren F1 isn't the fastest naturally aspirated production car and the Veyron no long holds the speed-record for production cars because its not being made and somehow loses production status.

>Viper's can't legally be sold by Dodge anymore
What.

Might need to set the record before that's analogous

Look at the pictures in OP, no front license plate on the Viper means it's not legal everywhere when setting that time. Completely invalid.

Actually, they're trying to make one more attempt in late August

This article is a pretty good summary

google.ca/amp/www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports/amp10349049/2017-dodge-viper-gts-r-nurburgring-ring-lap-time-farnbacher/

Essentially the driver started even longer than he planned to out of good will, and he might be back to help them in August

Also press S to pay respects
dailymotion.com/video/x5vmd8x

Low roof means no curtain airbags. No curtain airbags means "too dangerous for murica". Considering any import is also "too dangerous" yet you can register shed-made rat rods, it's just amerifats' retardation.

hmm i wonder what i would do if it rained and i had a viper..

shit, i think id do nothing at all because its a proper car.

Hang on did the viper run with the extra (not road legal) aero bits in that picture? Also did they at least run road legal tires this time?

Actually the Radical fulfills every requirement for all governing bodies to be classed as a production car.

Viper has a roof, radio and AC. It's more than a "track toy"

>comparing a car to a fucking road legal go-kart that you need a helmet in order to not eat flies while you're driving
tiptopkek

>Not getting your nutrients while driving

$54,000 worth of roof, radio and AC. Boy they must be impressive.

>Actually, they're trying to make one more attempt in late August
That's just the article that says they would retry later that week. Which is 2 weeks ago.
I don't see anything about August

The Viper has a roof, speakers, air con, rear view camera, a trunk, safety equipment, and is geared long enough for the highway. You can remove the splitter/defuser, raise the ride height, and soften the suspension in under 10 minutes and make it fine for daily driving. The Radical is a toy.

Have you fags actually DRIVEN a radical before? They're uncomfortable, stiff and horrible to drive on track, let alone as a daily driver. It doesn't have a.c, no radio, and there isn't any top for it. It also fucking expensive to fix anything on it.

You're comparing apples to oranges. Just because you CAN drive a radical on the streets daily doesn't mean you SHOULD. At least with the viper you're not going hate your life driving in a single seater that feels like you're sitting in a lowered wooden chair.

Buy a new Civic Type R for commuting with the money you save.

and the run was ROUGH. he was skrrting and thunking through a few corners, but it's hard to blame him when you're one handing a stick shift car through 90 degree turns at 100mph

There's nothing stopping a car from a state that doesn't require front plates from driving into a state that requires front plates

>this car is gud because you can buy another car

Do you think someone who can afford a $140k track toy is worried about how much he spends on it?

>saving money
Nigger if you're buying something like a Radical, it's because you go to absurdly expensive motorsports resorts as a hobby, which means you're fucking loaded. You probably have 5 cars and McMansion at minimum. You're not going to get a Type R as a daily, you're getting a 911 Turbo.

>buy Radical which is perfect track toy
>spent 75k on perfect, comfortable daily driver
versus
>buy viper which is a worse track toy and a terrible daily driver

Price is only an excuse if it favors the american car don't you know.

>Actually the Radical fulfills every requirement for all governing bodies to be classed as a production car.
No, only to be street legal. Single British Approval cars aren't production cars. Sport Auto has already went through this and it was why the 918 had the crown for production cars not Radical.

>radical

lol

And I can buy a Radical and a new Civic and still end up with more money in my pocket than with just a Viper.

People who can afford dedicated track cars don't buy Civics, don't be delusional. Motorsports is a rich mans hobby. They'll usually have separate cars for weekend driving and track driving, on top of a daily driver and people mover. The Viper can hit those first two categories at once.

But then if you are rich you could just buy a Lamborghini Huracán LP 640-4 Performante that's 11 seconds faster and more more luxurious

God damn that's autistic

>Americans getting BTFO by their own logic

V8 wins yet again.

a radical SR8 doesn't even have a roof lol.

nope

Sport Auto are as retarded as you then. Both Guinness and the FIA class it as production.

>NIO
lol

Nice slicks bro' way to own not being competitive.

>Boy oh boy is 2077 going to be a good year

The performance is so godlike it seems like it was made 60 years in the future.

>the people who don't consider kit cars and modified for road legality cars as "production" are retarded
Why? because you are so desperate for this to be a comparison?
>Guinness and FIA
They would only consider it "production" under the guise that 25-30 have been made in which case you'd have to verify that.

Too bad the American suffers from muh super special last edition vipersyndrome and baby boomers instantly trying to resell them for 200% markup