Ok, so I have the chance to get a 2010 civic sedan with the auto for about 2900 with 200k miles on it

Ok, so I have the chance to get a 2010 civic sedan with the auto for about 2900 with 200k miles on it

Is this a terrible idea? Previous owner has a lot of records and took good care. Was a computer car owned by my brother in law

Also does anybody know about common issues I could look for before i buy it?

Pls halp :3

big fat meh.

Make sure the CV joints are good, steering rack bolts are tight and check to see if the shocks are leaking.

ELD causes charging issues for some of these cars.

200K miles?

I'd have thought you could get any econobox with around or less than 50K miles for $5k in most areas.

I don't have much more than the ask on this

It's a fine A-to-B car, but it's the worst Civic generation.
It's horribly boring to drive and boring to look at.

It's literally just a car for me to take to work and get back home each day. I'm trying to work my ass off so I can get something cooler once I pay off my student loans.

>brother in law
You are gonna rue the day. Politely tell them no. If they press, crack another beer.

What's so wrong with the 8th gen civic?

He's a good dude. I have an immediate family member helping me finance it and it doesn't seem like an unreliable car

Anybooty else??

>$3000 for a 7 year old car with 200,000 miles on it

Pass!

It... might be okay?
It's R18 engine and might be nearing end of life.
I would be wary of it.

porous engine block

It's a Honda and newish car and 2900 could get you into a better ride

doubt youll drive it 40+ years sooo...

>family member helping me finance it
Run, run, run, run

200k miles in 7 years holy shit

You can find better older manual civics and accords with closer to 100k-120k and they would likely be a far more enjoyable honda experience than a modern auto one that's nearing the end of its life already. Buying another motor and the labor to change them out when it does go wouldn't be remotely worth it on that car.