Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UZc6kZB0q9A
youtube.com/watch?v=5f-3q6nK3Ns
youtube.com/watch?v=jjrngimFrbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_l3zPQczQL4
youtube.com/watch?v=donC_3mKyZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=UR75R9RIBCo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why is it always americans that have these problems?

There's something more to this story. This guy looks like he's hiding something.

Also this

Engine was hydrolocked by some splashing water, and a new engine is around 70 fucking grand
Which is literally the same price as the car

this

but how ?

>drives car into ocean
>car dies
>why are german cars so unreliable

That's what I think.

That's not how it's works, dumbass

Usually is with yanks.

i don't understand how someone can "fall in love" with an automatic car

its his "baby"

>fall in love
>i spent a lot of money on this stupid thing so i need to justify it to myself and the world as much as possible

What is utterly stupid about this is where AMG does not allow any internal work to be done on their engine.
So if any failure were to occur on the engine, that's it. The car, or the warranty, is done.

I'm in love with my first car (auto) why is my love lessened because I can't make it change gears manually?

Theres a video of when it happens, I don't like the guys channel and he had issues before with the amg but its clear from the video what happened.

He's Swedish

>German car breaks down when it rains
>American car can drive underwater

Hmmm.

its probably made in america lol...vast difference in build quality between german/south african/american mercs

>implying

youtube.com/watch?v=UZc6kZB0q9A

>implying it didn't break down after

A shitty lifted brotruck or hummer H1 can pull that off at a 10th the price.

>German car breaks down when it rains

It never happen to me.

He was a fucking idiot driving through a fucking river though it had nothing to do with the car.

>fucking Germans reeeeeeeeee

>implying it didn't break down after

Sounds like American cars to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=5f-3q6nK3Ns

youtube.com/watch?v=jjrngimFrbQ

because not all cars need a manual transmission to be fun, not all cars are fun because you can connect to them entirely.

AMG's are literally for people to step on the gas and shit themselves. Then drive home in complete luxury and comfort.

he should've bought an M4.

>i don't understand im underage and drive a 1990 accord sedan manual it's a true drivers car

m4 is gay wheres the v8 and it gets btfo by a camaro

camaro is redneck trash
m4 is tasteful as fuck

Just imagine the bank mercedes is making at $71k per puddle. I need to buy some MB stock

fucking nigger did you even see the video wasn't a "puddle".

Yes. An oncoming car hit a puddle and splashed his car, causing Seventy One Thousand (71,000) US Dollars in damage.

So, it might not be every puddle, only ones where there's oncoming traffic.

It was a river that no one should have drove a 3k civic through

It happened to me

Someone link the vid ffs

Good old Youtube. You can always rely on their users to be telling the full and honest truth.

M4 is shit and sounds like a broken vacuum

Really feel for this guy. That's horse shit and MB knows it

Lives in usa

>doesnt link to video

Here in Germany, it rains quite a bit--especially during the summer months. The car dies to the puddle? I never heard of it. Otherwise, there would be many cars die in here.

I think that youtuber is hiding something.

pretty much this. I remain skeptical of his story.

"Hello, yes, this is bullsh*t calling?"

So in one moment enough water splashed past all the grills, down the snorkels, filled the whole airbox, got through the air filters, was sucked upward against gravity through all the charge piping, passed through turbochargers without being atomized, and then made it all the way through the intercoolers and to the engine in enough volume to hydrolock it? Unless this guy was driving repeatedly through multiple, highly flooded areas with no regard for his car, I can't imagine how you could get all that water in there. I doubt he was driving around in boost during those conditions.

Convenient that with all the GoPros recording he didn't get the actual incident. Maybe I've just become too jaded and cynical. Plus I don't trust people with shaved heads.

>Mercedes quality
Okay, let's go cherrypicking. I'm owning an ML with v6 turbodiesel and fuckall electronic gimmicks for 8 years now and only had to visit my mechanic once for unscheduled maintenance which was a broken valve of the air suspension. Mercs may be more expensive to keep but quality-wise mine is worth it.

My best friend's civic shut down itself because of the light rain. This always happened every time it rains.... Until that civic died.

So, it could happen to other cars. Like 1 in million chance.

He did drive through multiple flooded areas.

>>>>/facebook/instagram/

What did you expect from German engineering?

he's still a yuropoor though

Someone link the video, I can't remember this faggot's name.

AutoVlogs, dont have the link but i saw this shit on my phone a few nights back, I know nothing about cars other than press gas go fast, but its odd as fuck that one car on the opposite side of the road splashing him with water was enough to kill a massive v8.

holy shit bro kys
you've repeated the exact same words 20 times now
no one cares

god i hate that faggot.. so ugly and repulsive. why he has a fan base is beyond me,such nerds

but his engine obviously isnt broken. if mechanics charge for a new engine they make $$$$ even though all the engine needs is drained. learn something retard

>drive my civic through 1 ft of water
>its ok
>this tard drives his c63 in the rain
>its hyrdolocked

>hyrdo
damn ive gotten bad at speeeling

then, it is his fault.

was this meant for me? This is my first time posting in 6 months...

youtube.com/watch?v=_l3zPQczQL4

No way im watching 11 minutes of this faggot

Am I wrong? Mechanics said it be 70k for a new engine and insurance agreed (because any time there is water damage insurance basically writes it off as a dead engine)

If above story is true, then the mechanics are obviously trying to con insurance the price of a new engine which isn't needed. It's obvious rain doesn't ruin the entire engine. Obviously a hillbilly retard like that wouldn't know that but that's what they're doing? How do I know? My dad has an S63 and it was deemed completely dead then my dad and I took the insurance money and fixed it ourselves.

Yes
don't post in the next 6 months either

ok.

AMG wont let them fix it

>wheel bolts

wheel bolts are superior in every way. enjoy your unsprung weight faggot.

>m4 is tasteful as fuck
>bmw
>tasteful
>m4
>tasteful
>exhaust that sounds like robotic flatulence
>tasteful
fuck off bmw shill

Because "German Luxury" and "Engineering".

>out driving in insane amounts of rain
>so much rain that police are closing roads

>suddenly filming his car "dead"
>no film of what actually happened

He clearly just drove through deep water at high speed. Would probably happen to most cars. Now he's trying to scam merc and/or his insurance company because he's a retard.

No story here.

>rain doesn't ruin the entire engine

>water in cylinders
>water doesn't compress
>rods/pistons/crankshaft compress instead
>everything in proximity to those things potentially destroyed

Insurance company/mechanics have to give an estimation of potential costs without opening the engine. He said they tried turning the engine over manually and it didn't budge, so it's likely pretty serious.

Hurr why can a boat go through water and my $70k car can't. I'll just use my youtube power to get a new car!

Is this the video in which he uses a high pressure water cannon to clean the air intake? :^)

youtube.com/watch?v=donC_3mKyZQ

Why the fuck is he bitching about getting his car repaired or replaced for free? People bitch about insurance being expensive and this is why.

>Engine gets hydrolocked
>HURR MUH ENGINE IS TOTALLED I PROLLY CRACKED DA BLAWK MUH SEVENTY THOW
>user are actually agreeing his engine is totaled

Wow it's almost like Veeky Forums is populated by bench racing teenagers who's "wrenching" experience is limited to changing a spark plug wire after watching 2 hours of YouTube videos and calling their PeePaw for help.

>drives through a flood
>car stops working
>"durr Mercedes are shit"

I'm 99% sure this is bait, but in case you are this retarded:

>"wrenching" on a 2016 C63S
>let alone one that is hydrolocked

1) The wrenching wouldn't be covered by insurance or warranty
2) He would still need to buy AMG parts (do they even sell individual parts?) or get them custom-made, which would range from "financial ruin" to "wallet apocalypse" in costs
3) He would void all the warranties
4) His insurance would skyrocket

If it were a 1970's muscle car where he could get a complete replacement engine for $500 and the only thing he needs "wrench" is bolt the trans to the engine I would agree with you. But it isn't, it's a practically brand new German super-coupe.

When did James Hetfield go bald?

But Hoovie bought another twin turbo V12 for his S class for like $10k or something

Used engine I presume

And? He tuned it to make over 700bhp and it's been reliable ever since

>....2 months from now
>MY $10 000 V12 BROKE HURRR!!!!

Keep telling yourself that kiddo. Maybe if you can't afford basic maintenance and let cars get to their worst you'll find that they're unreliable

Let me tell you what actually happened.

>regrets buying a C63 AMG instead of WRX STI
>decides to at least attempt to have fun and do WRX STI things in his C63 AMG (off road, drive through puddles- rally car stuff)
>C63 AMG explodes

I just don't understand why you would make the mistake of buying an C63 AMG when the WRX STI exists.

Because they try to speak the language most of the internet speaks in and they are not scared to tell on the car/salesman if they don't like the product. The customer service in europe is fucking absolute cuckery.

Doesn't matter then, if he bought a used engine and put it in there points 1, 3 and 4 (and potentially 2) would still be valid in my previous post .

Also, I'm pretty sure you're full of shit. The cheapest S65 V12 I could find is going for $11,300 with a $1250 discount and it doesn't include oil pan, headers, turbos, DME ECU, alternator, power steering pump or starter. Has 75k on it.

>WRX
>off road

Hurr durr...

Why shold the C63 be covered by Mercedes? He broke it

>hydrolock

king of memes

STI explodes

>implying you can't carry working parts over from the original engine
Do you even work on cars?

You can't even get the advertised 0-60 times out of a Subaru without destroying the drivetrain.

blue is the least reliable colour, this doesn't prove anything

Meanwhile,

>$200,000 Lamborghini Drive Through Flood Waters Like a Boss

youtube.com/watch?v=UR75R9RIBCo

He claims the mechanics tried turning it over manually and the engine wouldn't budge. To me that suggests it's a pretty bad case of whatever the fuck has happened.

So no, I wouldn't assume there would be any working parts to carry over.

In fact, if that much water has been splashed around the engine bay I'm willing to bet he'd have to buy a couple of new sensors and other electrical items in addition to the new engine.

I'm not saying it should, I agree it shouldn't, I'm talking hypotheticals. If his options are to get the insurance money and buy a new car or "wrench on it", he should just buy a new car even though it's potentially fraud since he must have driven through a hell of a lot of water for it to become hydrolocked in the first place.

>obviously triggered Subaru fangirl

It can happen to all cars. Not just MB.

>So no, I wouldn't assume there would be any working parts to carry over.
It's hydrolocked

Do the accessories suddenly all stop working at the same time? Fucking retard

crazy owner.

If I were him, I will not do it because it will ruin Lambo's lovely, handcrafted interior.

Nope, but much of it is going to be fucked from that much water ingestion and then sitting for a while. Like I said, I wouldn't assume he could carry over anything. He might get lucky and be able to but it's a fucking retarded assumption to make, retard.

Fucked how? The big issue is the water INSIDE the combustion chamber

As put it,
>So in one moment enough water splashed past all the grills, down the snorkels, filled the whole airbox, got through the air filters, was sucked upward against gravity through all the charge piping, passed through turbochargers without being atomized, and then made it all the way through the intercoolers and to the engine in enough volume to hydrolock it? Unless this guy was driving repeatedly through multiple, highly flooded areas with no regard for his car, I can't imagine how you could get all that water in there.

It's not like someone took a pipette and squirted water into the combustion chambers through the spark plug hole. There was a serious amount of water in that engine bay. Ever heard of flood damage?

>Then drive home in complete luxury and comfort.
Utterly wrong. C class amgs are brutish and have no comfort at all. Sure the daily driving franklin wont notice that because hes also used to thinking that his golf 7 is also comfortable and luxus

Lexus fits that category. They do combine sport, comfort and luxus and are unbeatable as of now.