/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Went Aldrichfagging at SL120
>1.14 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/1876157984141980396

>Discord-sponsored event
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScKzpuOdtJXeAb-4EoXlKN0cd9uDXNtzfVZmsIZgUNcFe3r7g/viewform?usp=sf_link

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/197895
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why would I send you hate mail after me and my 2 or 3 phantoms bash you up like a nerd?

ds2, two hand estoc or dual wield estoc for poise breaking?

Anyone have a build for Demons Scar and Witch's Locks?

Yeah, this wouldn't be so bad if friendly fire (FF) for invaders wasn't a thing. You caster faggots often end up killing fellow invaders in the process, which is why similar to purples I'll stand back and let you either one shot phantoms/host or die so I don't get taken out as collateral damage.

The whole FF thing is so annoying, no FF for ganks means they can have casters that combo you easily and they often wear light stuff and fast roll so you can't catch them. Literally no downside and generally why I don't invade at meta level.

What's a good level for invading late game areas, DLC included? 80?

can body buffs be duel charm?

Heysel returns the soul of her goddess!
Dickfinger Reothard stinks!

Cute. Like I said, stay mad kiddo.

Why does DaS3 need ~20 gigs of space to update 100 mb of game?

Your own fault for not invading as an Aldrich or watch dog or dying to spells.

Reds can be casters too.

Someone give me a decent build for PvP, please.

A friend picked the game recently, and I'm helping him. I don't hold his hand, though. I'm letting him go ahead and blind, since I want him to learn.
He's new and a bit casual, so he can't do very good in PvP. Because of that I want to act as bodyguard against invaders, but I haven't played in months and I'm out of the loop.

What SL are you?

>i'm not ruining his first playthrough i'm just going to give im a safety net
>i want to protect him from invaders by attracting 500% more invaders to him because of gank matchmaking

I'm doing my pure miracle build currently.
I'd love to have Yorshka's Chime, but killing her would mean missing Darkmoon Blade.

Is this spell actually worth the grind are dark blade / lightning blade enough to buff`?
I'll go for the ring though!

your fault for not treating everything as your enemy as a red

dumb entitled reds

>Get to the end of NG+2 with nearly every armor set and weapon can get in-game aside from covenant rewards and drops
>Have no idea what to equip so just stick with your default gear

This has happened to me at least twice now.

Is there ever a better feeling of seeing an invader piss himself when he bares witness to my glorious gank squad?

Greatsword with a long spear and enough endurance to not get accidentally shield broken.

Focus entirely on poking people out of attack animations when they bother your friend, box then out of right corridors, etc.

Equip stuff you find cool.

>pure miracle
>Darkmoon Blade
why

Fuck I meant greatshield.

The problem is that I find too many things cool. And also, since I have nothing to do ingame at this point, the only discernible option is online, and if that's the case I don't want to look like your average dude in super strong armorâ„¢.

The only game I haven't this problem in is Bloodborne, if only because the options are limited enough to me to find exactly what I'm looking for.

>DS1: sorcery is incredible in PVE and has a couple spells that are either fun or pretty good for PVP
>DS2: sorcery is garbage. mediocre damage, all the fun spells got nerfed and hexing does it's own job of shooting projectiles at stuff from a distance way better
>DS3: sorcery is not as good as DS1 but still quite good if you minmax it and it has actually fun spells again

what happened?

My first DaS3 playthrough I wore the knights armour set throughout the whole thing, couldn't find anything else that looked as sleek

I just default to shit like Vilhelm's armour if I can't think of a specific concept. It's just too sexy

In case this is not just bait, I'll explain further.
He basically bought the game to play it with me. Despite that, I warned him I'm not going to carry him through the game, and I don't warn him about traps, ambushes and such.
I only openly explain him the mechanics of the game so he can make the right choices about his build, and other than that, vague hints about obscure things, rarely.

In battle, I hold back a bit, and I'm using a cosplay build. Mobs get their defenses scaled up anyway.

Of course, because he's summoning me, he gets invaded often, but he's not into PvP and every invader so far, with one exception, has been a twink with 7 estus and meta weapons, so I'd like to keep that cancer away from him as much as posible.

>when you do Leonhard's questline twice so you get to return the soul and do the transfusion

Enjoy the life as a grub Ms.cuck

Something like this maybe? mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/197895

what's your build, smug sorceress webm user?

>you get to return the soul
and achieve literally nothing

Thanks!

How little damage do you do though, i'm thinking about making a heysel cosplay. what class did you start as?

Yo )
Only played dark souls

>someone tells me they did a sl1 run
>the used ascended pyromancy +5 which does more damage than the weapon on my sl 79
Nice 'challenge run'

Ds1 magic was too strong and killed most bosses in seconds.

Ds2 magic was maybe even more broken or just as broken so it got nerfed. Fire storm and other spells 1 shot bosses

Post her feet!

doing a str/vigor build, first playthrough, level 45 and just reached irithyll

are there any really good items in previous zones i should grab? right now im using heavy greatsword +4, havels ring, silver serpent, pontiffs left eye, and cloranthy

Split leaf great sword

>someone tells me they did a sl1 run
>they used BGH+5 with rapier moveswap switch
>they duped souls for items
Nice memes

>someone tells me they did a SL1 run in DS3
>they ringed swap to get ToD before every fight
>they use Raw DSA+10 which does as much damage as i do at sl95

>someone tells me they do a BL4 run
>tell me they autistically grinded for poorman gems and used beast blood pellets and paper for each boss

better to just cut these people out of your life 2bh

Not that guy but heysel's pick is actually legit, the steady chant thing buffs it's AR and it combos with the greatsword spell thing.

Pontiff's left eye isn't going to do anything for you. You want to go back to the catacombs. If you didn't notice, the bridge is REALLY fragile
And avoid spoilers.

60 int

The worst part is all it really does if you actually did it legitimately (instead of like raw DSA +10 shit) all it really does is extend the fights for a ridiculously long time.

My solo playthrough entirely at SL35 +4 in DaS3 with no twink rings is probably more impressive, which I did for my low level invader character. Surprisingly it actually breathed fresh new life into the game's PvE for me, beating shit like dancer was actually a significant challenge.

are you pointing me towars a certain ultra greatsword

looks good

what the fuck the thread just did duplicate posts

Does anyone else see every post twice?

Ice cream? I love ice cream!

Is that from a DLC? I haven't played them yet.

FIX YOUR SITE, JAPMOOT.
FIX IT.

Are you the guy making the heal slut build? If so ask for a crucifix of the mad king.

If not then ask for a spilt leaf great sword for a str build

>Humanity is made from pieces of the Dark soul
>rats that ate the corpses and therefore drank the blood in DS1 dropped humanities
>abyss watchers partook in the blood of the wolf to carry on Artorias' soul
>Gael consumed the dark soul to make it into a liquid so it can be used as a paint
>The Dark Soul was Bloodborne all along

not having any issues on mobile

>ENB playing DS3.jpg

No, I'm another user.
I didn't think of asking here. If anyone on PC could drop me that weapon, it would be great.

Which weapon you fag

Split leaf great sword

Can someone give me the quick run down on that bug that can prevent you from talking to a certain npc and buying purging stones. Also being unable to remove dark sigils thus making it really hard to reverse hollowing unless you find a stone as loot.

Also am I correct that you only go hollow in DS3 if you voluntarily get branded with a dark sigil by certain npc then dying?

I usually start my characters with specific gear in mind I want them to be using.

>hear about Friedes Scythe
>it looks awesome
>decide to respec to Dex/Int
>get Scythe
>2 hard 2 get Twinkling Faggonite
>dont know what weapon to use now

Why can I never commit to a weapon. Also, why is the Corvian Scythe so shit?

The knight set just looks so good. It's one of the most fashionable sets you could ask for.

>Also am I correct that you only go hollow in DS3 if you voluntarily get branded with a dark sigil by certain npc then dying?
Yes, but the only ingame effect of hollowing is that you end up looking like a dried prune.

one less shitter spamming that annoying weapon art

DS3 knight looks even better than DeS Fluted Set.

If I hadn't named my current character ___ of Astora, I probably would have stuck with the knight set. As it is, I'm going to be rocking the Elite Knight set as soon as I can.

Corvian Scythe is better than Friede's Scythe.

Who /large&incharge/ here?
How do I appreciate my branchy bush better, too?

Pontiff's left eye works well enough on the farron greatsword.

I haven't kept up with ENB since he dropped his Let's Plat DS3 series last year. Is he doing okay?

Well the Elite Knight set is the best set ever so that's all good.

Anyone on ps4 want to do a dried finger co-op run?

i don't know why literally everyone who uses Friede's Scythe spams the WA so much, it's not even that good. plus if your opponent has significant hyperarmor or perseverance then it's practically a death sentence, or even if they have a crossbow/fast ranged spell you're just setting yourself up to lose health.

i really don't get it, do people actually get hit with it? i don't even think it does that much damage if I remember correctly.

midir is a shit boss they literally gave him a sylvhan beast moveset, which is lame and frustrating.

I don't get it. Can someone explain why this is funny or at least why the original is.

Nah. The chest looks bulky and awkward and nothing will be better than DeS's helmet.

Best looking combo has always been default knight + elite knight helm.

The original is painfully unfunny, un-profound and just all around a heap of cringe, that's why they're riffing on it. It's a very long, slow, protracted dissing of the guy who originally made it.
The one with ENB is just rubbing extra salt into the wound given that his wife actually did suffer several miscarriages.

How do you hit anyone with the earth seekers WA?

His wife left him, he's in a custody battle, and wtf he hates dark souls now.

>Fluted helmet
It reminds me of a duck.
But hey, we all have different tastes eh? I personally think DS3 Knight looks the best out of the knight sets but each to their own.

I also really like the Deserter Set in DS3.

What weapons in DaS2 are the most fun?

>The original is painfully unfunny, un-profound and just all around a heap of cringe

wasn't it not supposed to be funny? It's a part of a series, not a standalone/joke comic.

It's not a very good comic but I don't think it's trying to profound or funny.

I just realized why I only did 3 real full runs in DS2 compared to DS1 in which I did 6 and DS3 in which I did 20. The game is way longer than those other 2. Just in term of bosses DS1 has 26, DS3 has 25 and DS2 has 41. It's way faster to complete the other ones and make a new character faster, and that's without considering how you'll manage your SL and SM for that character.

Can someone on PS4 spare some souls for me? Want to level a character quick. Ill trade for them as well.

The problem with these things are always gank squads. 1v1 magic/pyro is easy to dodge but you put it in with a gank and it'll rape you, same with lmao2scythe. You'll be attacking one guy and all of a sudden you get meme'd on from your flank. True of a lot of things, really, like ultra weapons.

Knight set with elite knight helmet and legs.

You can't neglect those shin guards.

Ducks are cool.

It started out as a joke-every-three-panels kind of comic(though terrible even at that), and when he started experimenting with longer storylines it was pretty much universally panned, to the point that people were looking back fondly at the shitty early days where he at least tried to be funny. And then he pulled that cringeworthy drama shit.

I sunbroed dancer for about 120+ games but SL1 broadsword+7 with human pine resin took me three tries. Am I failure?

>custody battle
Jesus, I guess that explains the JUST hair. Those things almost never resolve well for the father, right?
>his wife left him
Well that sucks. Last I heard him mention anything about his marriage I thought he was doing okay and that his wife supported his choice to start playing video games full time as a job.

I generally like ENB's insights into the Souls series and am saddened to hear that things are going poorly for him.

>he hates Dark Souls now
Wtf,really? C'mon now.

While we're on the Astora topic, might I recommend trying a dual wield build of main hand astora SS, offhand astora GS? With full elite knight armor of course (i.e. astora armor set).

You'd be surprised how good it actually is in combination, and you can always just 2 hand the offhand Astora GS too depending on the situation, or use the ASS to guardbreak people with the weapon art.

So do Ringed Knight Sword and Crows claws have almost full WA combos? I seem to get hit for 3 hit combos, sometimes 4, with the ringed knight swords WA. Can't do shit. Same with the crows claws, if I get hit by the WA its an easy 70% of my hp gone and I can't do shit. Obviously trying not to get hit by them, but phantom range can be a bitch sometimes.

>my pretty character will look like a prune
There's a ring to give you human appearance though right?

Also will not doing that Yoel of Londor quest to draw out my inner strength and gain dark sigals lock me out of some shit later in the game?

Yeah he refuses to even play ringed city.
He'll probably keep his kid because he's American and the wife is a foreigner.