What is stopping me from buying a bunch of physical gold...

What is stopping me from buying a bunch of physical gold, melting it down and insterting a bunch of lead or some other heavy but cheap metal inside of it, then moulding it back into its original shape.

I feel like there is huge profit to be made here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5FvM_4B7Pkc
youtube.com/watch?v=tVjRSye8z-c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why do you think gold bars have markings on it? do you really think anyone beside some really dumb shitheads would buy the gold from you?

So i cut the top off that has the engraving, then smelt it all back together
Im sure I could find idiots to buy the non engraved gold anyway

The specific density of gold.
Given weight and volume you can calculate the density of a bar and compare it to the density of gold. The fucking Ancient Greeks knew how to spot fake gold bars, ffs.

You would need to use tungsten, the only other material with a specific density very close to gold. And yes, this already happens. They make fake bars in China with rods of tungsten inside.

And yes, this is where reputable manufacturers with markings, certificates, holograms, etc come in ().

>I feel like there is huge profit to be made here.
Calling it "profit" makes it seem like a legitimate business. It's still fraud and if they ever trace it back to you, you'll be spending a decade in prison and then the rest of your life repaying your victims.

If you're willing to take this risk - sure, go for it!

Adding a picture from Google.

It's a great idea on the proviso you only sell to idiots and never try to sell it to the same idiot twice. As for providence, always claim you were someone elses sucker.

Oh, the tungsten chocolate bar meme again. I haven't seen this for months.

This is why I like this board. A diverse range of people, all with their own unique set of knowledge.
Thankyou.

What is a fool proof (or close to it) scam that I can run, Veeky Forums?

become a politician

do nothing

collect paycheck

Get in a minor car accident, claim PTSD and file for disability. The 'symptoms' are easy to 'have'.

Get off your fat ass and work for a fucking living, rather than scheming for ways to rob people of their hard earned money.

It's hard as fuck to sell genuine 99.9 unmarked gold for spot price already. How do you plan on selling fake unmarked gold. There is also the issue of you having to sell a large amount of it as you're buying real bars for ~2% above spot and selling below spot as you won't find anyone you can sell unmarked bars for above spot to. You also can't simply mold gold into perfectly symmetrical bars with an exact weight. Faking the stamps wouldn't be cheap either It would cost you several thousands in machinery to mass produce bars that look as good as your OP. So no, there is no profit to be made here.

suck cocks for money

it's honest work if you don't let your teeth rub

Well, for starters, gold doesn't come in bunches, it's not flowers, you fucking mong.

Romanian Gypsies and Turks do it in Europe all the time.

>moroh auto kapput need benzin money, here my ring and necklace, pur gold, for only 200€

who you gonna sell it to?

big buyers have all sorts or electronics using electromagnetic resonance ir/ray identification, ultrasound and so on to check your bars.

nobody gonna buy a big block of gold on ebay.

youtube.com/watch?v=5FvM_4B7Pkc

Lol, i saw this on tv.

They have science wizardry with radars or some shit to check that.

Dude said that if you gold plated lead a certain thickness it would pass 95% of normal standardized tests.

I did the math on it for shits and gigs. Something like 1/3 of it van be lead.

Good luck not getting murdered.

Who are you going to sell unmarked bars to?

You really don't understand chemistry, do you?

Lead doesn't have the same chemical properties as gold. No matter what you do with gold, whether you melt it down or put it in a hydraulic press, it's still the same thing.

If you try and mix gold that has been melted down with a lesser metal like lead, aluminum, steel, tungsten, whatever, yeah it will look real. But not everyone is stupid. Especially when it comes to gold. It might pass the weight test but not a chemical test.

kek

I'm on disability and it really isn't much. At least I've got an interview tomorrow though for a job.

NEET life ends soon hopefully.

This.

Half of my family is perfectly capable of working but scams the government...

I'm seriously considering recording me and my faggot theif of a cousin cut wood and turn their ass in. Lazy mutherfuckers.

I actualy got hurt and was bedridden for a year and uncle sam woukdnt give me shit.

Fucking niggerss

Thank you for being a man.

I'm dissabled but work.

What kind of check can i exoect if i ever get fired?

>What is stopping me from buying a bunch of physical gold, melting it down and insterting a bunch of lead or some other heavy but cheap metal inside of it, then moulding it back into its original shape.

Density, you fucking moron.

you can use materials denser and lighter than gold in the right ratio to mimic overall density.
you must be a dense motherfucker if you didn't consider that.

but, density is indeed important when it domes to waves propagating in medium. see:

>you must be a dense motherfucker if you didn't consider that.
I did consider that you fucking retard.

>you can use materials denser and lighter than gold in the right ratio to mimic overall density.
You must be a dense motherfucker if you think OP can actually do that by himself.

it's just the right amount of osmium and tungsten both much cheaper than gold. the trick is to leave a sufficiently thick gold crust and hope to god whoever you sell it to doesn't ultrasound it.

it's not actually hard to do aside from the high melting points, but imo op shouldn't even melt them there is no point you can just use bits and pieces in the right amount and only have to be able to melt gold which is much easier.

it's not impossible to do it in a garage.

finding a retard that buys it is the hard part.

btw now that i think about it, if you use tungsten and osmium sand tiny tiny particles and mix them into an inner gold soup no fucking ultrasound has the detail to actually show anything amiss. it would certainly not show anything people working with gold would look for.

you you could do it once and well you would have some gold left over after your hard work and expenses. i wouldn't count on too high profit margin tho.

holy shit they can engrave holograms on gold? I'ma get me a phat pimp chain with holojesus on a cross

Veeky Forums has successfully made me racist against chinks. I used to think they were nice polite little people with good food and kung fu, now I consider them the Jewniggers of Asia.

What about buying moissanite and selling it at a slightly lower price than diamonds ?

it is slightly cheaper than diamonds

there is a sound gun that examines the vibe of the gold, bro

it don't mean a thing it it aint got that ting

>retards in (current year) really considering this a viable thing to do

>not just buying the gold and holding
you will make a killing within the next decade as fiats shit the bed over global instability

are you really this retard?
do you think you are smarter than generations on top of generations of gold trading?
fuck off

One thing about gold is that when you strike it, it will make a very unique and distinct ringing sound. Other metals dont make that same sound.

They have always been the Jew niggers of Asia, ask anyone who has ever had dealings with them. If they can fuck you they will, IV hear of them showing you one good box of product and when you buy the shipping container it's all factory defect except for that one box, officials in transport quoting one price, then when they have your goods young the price %400. If you call them out on there bullshit they tell you to lawyer up know it will cost more then the product itself. Then if you win the case they go bankrupt and open up shop with a slightly different name, same fucking day.

Technically nothing would stop you.
But technically nothing would stop the people who you scammed from shooting you for it.
Illegal shit can lead to more Illegal shit.

you're just too late OP, ultrasound sensors are just coming on the market.
I've worked with ultrasound sensors before and they're cheap. These sensors will only get cheaper and will become the standard to all gold sellers/pawners.

youtube.com/watch?v=tVjRSye8z-c

that's a pretty shitty sensor wtf?
single metric output? what a crap.

obvious check is to measure weight and volume, then you can go more scientific and use some tools to actually monitor it's components/purity
easy check is to test its sound

all phisical gold has an ID telling about its certificate, about when it was made, about it's purity etc

you can already trade certificated phisical gold without carrying it, you just transfer it's property rights and the gold doesn't get out the vault it's in
while the new owner has acces to claim it from the vault at any time (paying costs ofc)

you're a complete idiot

>obvious check is to measure weight and volume
for most tests the tungsten insert density difference is well within error margin of measurements. without ultrasound there is no way to tell a fake apart form the real deal. and even the ultrasound is not as foolproof as it seems. if you get a metal alloy with close enough speed of sound value and density to gold it will be invisible and baring melting the bar down or drilling into it would be undetectable if the gold coating is thick enough for x-ray scanners.

i think you would need osmium and tungsten but you have to soften them up with something in the mix to give the alloy a very comparable sound conductivity to gold and platinum.

i'm not exactly expert in metallurgy but i have no doubts it can be done. for example if you mix tungsten osmium and mercury or even cesium. don't need to be real alloys even pseudo alloys will do.

so i think it could be done, and it will be done at one point in history just as the tungsten heist was pulled out pre ultrasound.

the only way you might get scammed with gold is if your choice is a company with no reputation at all, where the gold is not certified/verified/audited

and btw, why the heck would someone fall for the phisical gold meme, you can own phisical gold while you don't have to carry or allocate it

just don't fall for ETFs memes, you can't ever claim the phisical gold out of it and they're failing to audit it

I have one.
First, set up your own toll hotline and set it on maximum charge per minute, if your country demands a name for it, call it a IT helpdesk or something that wont look weird on a bill
Then, get a post office uniform or make one yourself.
Third, set up a couple packages and fill them with actuall stuff but not worth a lot (in case they accept them) like paper or other office supplies.
Then visit companies in a industrial area, go in and tell them you have a package for mr Peterson or w/e of human resources. The receptionist will tell you no one with that name works there, you apoligize and tell her the address must be wrong and if you could use their phone to call your boss.
Then all you need to do is call your own hotline and stay on it for a couple minutes.
When you are done, just visit the next company and do the same.

It's 5 to 20 times cheaper.

don't worry i don't think you are the target audience of these scams. you need to work over a lot of gold probably drilling out good delivery bars and stuff like that. the certificates and whatnot have no meaning in this context and face identifiers are not altered either.

This..... This is brilliant
But.. How much is it to set up a toll line?
And wouldn't naming it something like postal service help desk or something along those lines help the ruse

>"Oh, there's no Mr. Peterson? My mistake. Could I use your phone, then, to notify my supervisor?"
>"Of course, sir! Let me just finish typing this letter on my typewriter. By the way, I recommend you pick up the new Milli Vanilli CD for your Walkman. It's the freshest."

Yeah i guess
You could pull out your phone and pretend you lost signal, the battery died or you could pretend you left it in the car, i didnt think i had to specify that, but i was wrong appearently

A. weight will be off
B. anyone buying a sizable amount of gold will have it tested
C. one of these tests include drilling core samples to verify its not filled with garbage in the center

cmon now, you can do better than that.

>one of these tests include drilling core samples to verify its not filled with garbage in the center
that's not a routine check they only do that on suspect bars.

>they only do that on suspect bars.
O u mean like unlabeled unmarked bars being bought from some random shmuck that just appeared out of nowhere trying to sell a few dozen gold bars whos weight doesnt match what it should?

>toll numbers ask for CC upfront instead of charging strait to the phone bill

Also PBX boxes and non-analog systems nowdays have call recording for security purposes, especially for medium/large companies and/or branches

>get recorded doing this scam, spend years in jail

>O u mean like unlabeled unmarked bars being bought from some random shmuck that just appeared out of nowhere trying to sell a few dozen gold bars whos weight doesnt match what it should?
why don't you actually read up on the subject? or just read the thread. weight will check out volume will check out in the margin of error. face of gold bars will be unaltered all security marks and certs will check out when they forge gold bars with tungsten.

ultrasound is the only way to date aside from melting it down to be sure. you can drill into it and miss the insert even.
the weight difference

Go ahead and come up with a list of metals which are both cheaper and denser than gold.

Go ahead. Please do it.

>Go ahead and come up with a list of metals which are both cheaper and denser than gold.
i just did, but iridium osmium and platina are all cheaper and denser than gold.

not to mention you need little of the heavier metal as little as a few percent so it doesn't even have to be cheaper than gold to still worth it. as tungsten is definitely cheaper.

19.30 = 0.977272 * 19.25 + 0.022728 * 21.45

you need 2.2% platinum to your tungsten exactly.