Do street racing legends really exist? ever heard of any car in your area, spirit driving at nights?

Do street racing legends really exist? ever heard of any car in your area, spirit driving at nights?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MKhU4PbcSvw
youtube.com/watch?v=0Z0B36ij2D4
youtube.com/watch?v=zcL1H8t6qTo
gtplanet.net/forum/threads/nissan-fairlady-z-s130-280zx-coupe-mid-night-club-abr-hosoki-z-1978.317628/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There is someone in my town that leaves kilometer+ long skids everywhere.
never actually seen him doing one though.

have you asked around? anyone else noticed/payed attention to skid marks?

Fuck no, I'm one of the few people who enjoys pushing their shitbox to the limit on the mountain pass here instead of modding a car to hell and then racing in a straightline.

This place fucking sucks.

I don't like what others do for fun !!!!

calvin wan is a legend because his fd doesn't run anymore

I have, it's called Jo Tech.

Pretty much anyone who lives in the DFW area knows them.

We have a rwdcivic that's pretty quick around here

some retard skidding around corners in a Corsa van until he skidded into a car.. in front of a bar filled with drunk Spaniards
saw him getting beat the shit out of him, was fun would watch again

Here in Spain there are lots of lowlifes racing every night almost everywhere. The bad thing is that they are really aggressive people who are into drugs and shit too, most of them are not friendly racers, basically they are IRL bandits. We call them Canis.

kek that image is golden

People don't hardly race around here, except maybe bikers. It was pretty disappointing to find out after getting into cars.

I read an user here became a small-time legend at his highschool by racing the canyons after getting cucked on prom night by his friend, but that's just underage shenanigans.

There's a local legend that there's a ghost of someone who crashed a turbo MR2 on the Valley Pass here. It's bullshit but people say they were chasing a yellow SW20 and all of a sudden the taillights just disappeared into thin air and the car was gone.

I live in Dallas and previously lived in Houston. There are so many legendary cars down here it's insane.

My personal favorite, however, was the West Texas Farm Truck that was supposedly a twin turbo 383 stroker that would blitz I-20 at 200mph.

What's the image say?

Same shit here in Chile, with our local equivalent of canis (flaites). They rice whatever cheap car they can get in their grubby hands, mostly Korean shtiboxes or old Japanese economy cars, always riced with fart cans and wings, almost none of them has mods but if they do is dumb shit like cut springs or electric superchargers. They're have no concept of good sportsmanship and will get pissy and insult you if you beat them. If I street race someone is usually Renault Sport or Opel OPC guys, they're mostly humble car enthusiast, sometimes you race BWM guys and they get pissy too.

2spoopy

Joder, this sucks. Why can't we have Initial D like groups of nice and cool racers trying to compete to be the best?

This post spooked my guts off

I personally know the guy who makes builds that have never beaten in the area. He makes one every year and sells it when he's done. He has wealthy clients who have him do all sorts of performance upgrades.

Pic is his own most recent build.

Here in Hueland only in Dragstrips.

"Flash's Caravan" is one of them.

youtube.com/watch?v=MKhU4PbcSvw

Seems like I'm the only one in my town that regularly drives like a mad man. There's been a couple people driving through that have done hektik skidz as well though.

Small town so everyone in town has noticed them and talks about them.

There is a guy in an orange 350z with the most obnoxious muffler delete you can think of. He's not really a legend for his racing skills, but you can hear his damn rice bucket from a mile away and he really likes to keep it revved up. He always follows the same route on the freeway looking for people to race.

guy driving a imported holden slid through the resident parking of my place as I was trying to take out the garbage, almost hit me. Different guy from the same group totaled his gen 3 rx7 trying to hit a corner too fast. None here but many HOON BRAH types. Lot of stance racerbois loiter at this new boba place near me.

I actually live near a mountain pass outside LA and there are people who go up there to drift. I don't think anyone really races, they just go up there for shits and giggles late at night and early in the morning.

some guy on here said he and some guys run the sea to sky at night, but never heard of him, and road is usually super cop infested anyways

I usually just drive cypress bowl

No.

I guess I'm the legendary driver, driving down winding roads at 60+ mph in my Honda Accord without braking.

not that I know of, but then again the illegal racing scene here is somewhat different than other places

It's because of race
Latin ppl have HUUGE egos and are very prideful ppl in general

Japanese ppl are usually fairly humble and have a fairly small ego at least when it isn't STEM subjects, then they're fucking dickholes with superiority complexes

Ausfag here, I find it so weird that I have a friend that most people know of in my area just by his car. He works pizza delivery in a red MR2 SW20 and every one of my coworkers has seen him at least a few times while driving to or from my work at a liquor store. My car-interested co-workers have tested him a few times but he's a genuinely good driver and doesn't do anything moronic. One guy at work tried to overtake him in his XR6 one time down and MR2-guy let him pass, but when XR6-guy tried to leave him behind he stuck to him like shit all the way back to the pizza shop.

>the bad thing is that they are really aggressive people who are into drugs and shit too,

this is the reality of the street. people who street race by the very definition have a rather... facile relationship with the law, and that just means the pool of people you will associate with are other types with similar relationships to lawfulness.

Not really.
Car culture isn't really a thing here.

Not a racing legend, but there's a black Challenger that delivers for Domino's in my hometown that speeds like a madman, cuts people off and runs literally every stop sign. I don't think anything has been done about them. I've thought about ordering a pizza and hoping that guy shows up but I don't want to reward that behavior.

Issue is if you're known as anything near that type of character, the police will be very familiar with you.

No se en el resto de España pero aquí en Catalunya la gente es relativamente amistosa en estos temas, siempre hay el típico pargela encocado pero por lo demás la gente es bastante amable mientras no te pases, no sabia que había tan mal rollo

Not a problem when you live in the south and even the cops drive like madmen :^)

Haha not him but no wonder why people give me so much money

I drive legally besides speeding, though. Never gotten a ticket

I mean, there's me

Just me.

know any other nice twisty roads? i'd like to explore a few more since I know very few.

That was probably me, I love the Sea To Sky and Cypress too.

I sold my 86 for a 2ZZ swapped MR2 so I'd love to go to Cypress again.

Indian River Drive. There are also so beautiful backroads on your way to Kelowna as Well.

Not much of a street racer, but there is a guy in Bucharest who owns a service shop. He has twin-turbo GT-Rs, Aventador SV, X6M, Hurracans, RS6. He is pretty known.

Oh and an obnoxious gypsy boipucci who owns a shitty wheel brand no one buys who somehow bought a C63S and a Hurracan, he goes by the name of Zed

>daily drive a track prepped 944 with no cats/massive exhaust installed by the previous owner to work at 6:00am every day
>go down a few twisties on the way to and usually have a bit of fun
>mfw at a local pub and overhear people complaining about a loud, speeding red car that moves too quickly for them to read the rear plate
>mfw they say they want to install a camera to catch his plate and report him

Isn't drag racing illegal in yurop?

>gyppos
>buying stuff
I'll take "shit that never happened" for 500, Alex

It's showing you how to identify a ''cani' (Low IQ street ''racer'') by the stickers in the car, mods, clothing and personal looks. It's surprisingly accurate.

Become a real touge ghost, user!

touge ghost

how about cursed cars?

Okay so I'm assuming this is in the US, so what sort of things do you need to look out for at night in these sorts of areas? It looks like a dream drive for me but I live in Aus and night driving at any sort of real pace is pretty off limits unless you're in suburbs. Fuckin' kangaroos and wombats will wreck most cars and your night.

Yo vivo en la region de Tarragona y he visto muchos canis racerbois de esos que no saben como perder. Seguro que por el Barcelones tiene que ser mejor el tema.

it was never cursed, watching the show explained that the car was just unstable at high speed because it was too powerful for its chassis

also i felt plain stupid when the show tried to explain me the magic behind this car was a 1mm longer crankshaft stroke

Nah, this is on the west side of Canada.

Just don't go so fast and don't get carried away, bring a phone, spare, ect.

I live in DFW but have never heard of Jo Tech, what are they like a team or something?

I hope you don't complain when they actually catch you. People like you are why people hate car guys.

If dubs OP gets a trip

He will save this board

Its fucking stupid overall

>"THE CAR IS BETTER CUZ MUH DRY CLUTCH!"
>"THE CAR IS BETTER CUZ MUH OFFSET CRANK!"
>"THE CAR HAS A SERIOUS ENGINE BUT THE BODY AND SUSPENSION IS STOCK!"

All of the issues would be rectified if a rollcage, some security measures, and light aero shit was installed to add just enough downforce. Maybe reduce the ride height more.

And on top of that the show makes the car look like some kind of beast. Its still a carbed twin turbo, its still single over head cam. If it made about 700 hp out of that imagine what a custom made DOHC multipoint fuel injected with variable timing and lift and single turbo can do

When was the clutch referenced? I also don't remember the suspension being specified as stock either. I believe it had a half decent cage setup too

Also wasn't the ABR 280ZX also a SOHC albeit fuel injected? I think it was only making around 680hp at its peak with much better hardware to work with than the car in the show.

I dont remember the cage. But i saw nothing alike bucket seats or so.

Modified suspension wasn't mentioned nor denied, but even in the mods page for the wiki and official sources its not mentioned.

I cant remember WHEN was the clutch mentioned but i do recall it being in the show.

Yes. the 280 is fuel injected. That being said, the car in the show is a 240, not a 280.

>making almost 700 with lesser hardware

Yes. That IS impressive. However the car is supposed to be this master god machine that beats better cars because "Its cursed".

That's bullshit. It worked in initial D because takumi was an actual good driver at taking turns. This doesn't work here because they are up-playing the part of the car as being magical and because it doesn't take much effort to control a car at the straightest highway in the world.

At some point he has the clutch changed and someone teells him he could upgrade it IIRC, but he refuses,

In my city, there was a black, 1989 Turbo Dodge Caravan known for annihilating Mustangs and riced Civics from stoplights and for blowing by the police station at 100+ MPH at night.

It was me, and I miss that car.

Funny that you would post this thread now. I was just thinking about forming a sekrit mid night racer club here in my small ass town.

how do

It's hard to do because most people who go to car meets are just HIGHWAY PULLS BRO idiots. In my city there's no place to race aside from on the highway or just from stoplights, and most good roads are usually crawling with police.
I'd love to.

So what you are saying is you don't go to any meets, any shows, or any events at Texas Motorplex, TMS or ECR.

So you don't have an interest in motorsports or cars.
youtube.com/watch?v=0Z0B36ij2D4

you know its possible to modify your car and push it to the limit on the mountain pass as well right?

well maybe not your car in particular but you know what i mean

When I had my mustang I would always come across this duramax diesel that would walk my poor 3 valve. I would see him and give him the flyby and he would run me down until 145 when I would bitch out and move out of his way. The sound this thing would make... I'll never forget it. A hellish scream that sounded like a jet engine that you could hear a half mile away. I've seen a few time since but I don't have anything fast enough to spar with the master.

there use to be a boosted 106 that would beat everyone around at my local street race circuit, he was pretty mad. it is 2 lanes wide and he would thread the needle between 2 people racing

>Subaru goes by my old bus stop
>50 year old soccer mom used to come out screaming and clutching her iphone trying to call the cops
Dude was so far under 95db it wasn't even funny. For the most part people that hate car guys are busybody HOA type ass clowns with no good reason and too much time on their neighborhood nazi hands.
The actually dangerous or the actually loud are a tiny minority most people never even see.

I'm not saying I'm good or bad but I'm whatever but I was leaving a friends house in idyllwild and a aw11 zooms by and passes me and I keep up on straights and I'm laughing because I thought it was some speedy-speed boy but as soon as he started to hit corners and some hard curves he made the car go around them like it was nothing and the car was moving around them what to my eye seem unreal and I lost him. It was getting close to dark during winter and I was in my turbocharged 240sx. I hit the closest gas station there was the same mother fucker just standing outside his his car drinking soda and eating with a lit cigarette in his hand and I stop by him to refuel and say he's a mad man for driving like that but to my curiosity I ask him what he has done to the car to run like that and he told me it was completely stock I asked if can look and he says sure because I was in disbelief so look at the engine and shocks and he was right completely stock. When I was done I just told him you're pretty good and he said thanks and I walked away. This was 3 years ago and I have yet to see a red black bumpered mr2 with a dent on the back right side with bondo on the dent

Must''v been delivering tofu.

I think it's because people who race illegally in the first place are criminal scum that don't fear breaking the law. Most decent people would be terrified of street racing because they fear police or speed radars .

Wouldn't call myself a legend but I drive like a fucking mad man pretty much anywhere I go. Usually when I go to work there's an exit that I take that turns you 180 and it should be a 25 but I do it at 40 and blast out at 60 nearing 80 when I exit the loop. Most people working the same shift have seen it by now. I usually also drive like a mad cunt on my way to my gf's place.

who cares

My dad used to be the top street drag racer in the county when I was a kid. He had a built up Dodge with a fully blueprinted 318 in it. The motor was such a beast that it would wreck brand new U-joints in just 2 weeks. It also destroyed 3 transmissions and 2 rear axles. It never broke while racing - it was his daily driver and that's when it would break.The fastest things he told me he ever beat was a C4 'Vette and a front-engine V8 Porsche.

SF bay area here

There's a big racing scene and if you go to the right highways on a friday or saturday night you'll find lots of modded cars looking to race.
There used to be an organized group that would set up races and bet money and all that, but the cops had a massive bust one night and literally roadblocked the highway as 30+ cars came racing towards them. Shit was funny, and there were lots of good videos the next day of guys getting arrested.

I prefer heading up into the hills where no one else goes and hooning there with just one other friend in a car, or alone. Zero chance of cops and zero chance of endangering innocent people

This looks a lot like Catalonian propaganda

Nah he seemed kinda bummed out about something before I went up to talk to him. Till this day I don't know how he did it when he was running on some hifly tires

How do you want people not to be endangered when cops literally roadblock the fucking highway just to arrest people that speed?

He was just an absolute madman. A good driver.

i hear that dagumi guy from /hou/ is brdy gud

The guys that were arrested weren't just speeding. They were organizing a dozen races a night on a public highway through the middle of the city. And they were hustling bets on all the races which is far more criminal than simply speeding. And yeah, I value public safety even though I like speeding. Thats why I don't drive like a jackass at 140+mph down the highway in town, I take that shit way out to the middle of nowhere at night, where 99% of the time you don't see a single other car on the road

How's that boot taste?

search him on insta, zedsly

fast and furious
people done street race to have fun anymore, they just do it to show off or to be COOL

not the other guy but do you ever check out the roads by fort langley? that's where my buddies and I usually skid around

>inb4 Dagumi tail-lights maneuver

Are mr2's really that good of a car for what they are or was it just the driver that was good? And when I told this story to few friends of mine I called the anonymous aw11 guy Mexican kamikaze because of the way he was driving and because when I talked to him he was wearing a black leather bomber jacket with a gray hoodie kek

>ctrl+f
>entire thread
>not a single mention of Giorgi Tevzadze

For shame Veeky Forums. For shame.

youtube.com/watch?v=zcL1H8t6qTo

>And they were hustling bets on all the races which is far more criminal than simply speeding
I've never understood the point of making betting illegal.

Sounds like you don't like fun.

It's not the betting itself but it just happens to be a convenient way to launder money and other illegal activities.

No, it is literally only because betting is considered sinful.

The second poster is correct. Christian faggots decided betting was heretical because it implies that everything is random. It negates the notion of predestiny and that God controls everything all the time.

Ergo, it's illegal because of some nigger Quakers.

I heard it ran a retardedly low compression ratio too, like 7:1

ECR is a garbage track.

Having said that, everyone tangentially into cars in DFW knows Jotech just like they know Steve Kan at PRT, Terry Fair at Vorslag (muh v8 swapz), and Texas Track Works.

found the full specs

SPECS:
Car Specs
Mid Night Racing Team 1978 280ZX
Engine Type: Nissan L28E
680hp (600whp) 216 mph (350kph+) top speed

Engine Mods: Capacity increased to 3,100cc with forged 89f pistons, ABR original rods, ABR original crankshaft, ABR original 268-degree camshafts with 12.9 mm lift, intake 46.5 mm, exhaust 38.0 mm, twin IHI RHC-6 VX55 compressors and 3P-13 turbines

Engine Management: Nissan genuine 16-bit ECU; GReddy PROFEC and REBIC III; HKS GCC

Drivetrain: Z31 300ZX Turbo 5-speed transmission 0.779 fifth gear ratio; ABR Original special LSD with 3.545 final gear ratio

Suspension: Specially modified Bilstein dampers with TRD springs

Brakes: R32 Nissan Skyline GTR calipers with TRD Supra Race rotors

Wheels: Panasport C5R 16x8 front, 16x9 rear

Tires: Bridgestone RE71 225/50R16 front, 245/45R16 rear

Exterior Mods: ABR Original body kit with front and rear fenders, front spoiler, side skirts, rear valance, rear hatch spoiler, hood

Interior Mods: Autometer tachometer; Blitz EGT; HKS water temperature, oil temperature, oil pressure and boost gauge; ABR Original rollcage; Recaro SPG driver seat, Recaro LS passenger seat; Sabelt four-point harnesses; Nismo D-shape steering wheel

Mobiletronics: N/A

gtplanet.net/forum/threads/nissan-fairlady-z-s130-280zx-coupe-mid-night-club-abr-hosoki-z-1978.317628/