Who was he greatest general of all time?

Who was he greatest general of all time?

Subotai

This, Alexander, and Cesar

Not the greatest of all time, but definitely the best general in early medieval Europe.

Belisarius, Khalid, Hannibal, maybe Scipio

this is always a subjective thing, I don't think that anyone can be the greatest anything of all time. that said, there is no doubt he was the greatest general of his time.

There's a lot to pick from desu.

>double dubs
you're a big get

Considering that his career ended due to a long series of major military blunders on his part, I'd say no.

Belisarius among the GOAT is a meme. Narses was just as good but he didn't have Procopius on his dick.

>I am loyal to my friends

Spaniars triggered 10000%

True strategic mastermind who also had the undying love and respect of his soldiers

The fact that he was able to be successful for years and years despite being essentially cutoff from any outside economic aid (and his own economy in shambles) is truly astounding

>greatest general
>got his arsehole ravaged single handedly by wellington

>inb4 frog damage control

>single handedly
This board could be pretty nice if we all agreed to keep /int/ in /int/

>Single handedly
>Ravaged
>Wellington
If you want gramd dad now go bacj to your board

Wellington didn't single-handedly arse ravage Napoleon just for you to speak that sorry excuse for English, did he now lad? Get working on it.

pic unrelated btw

Khalid ibn al-Walid should probably be in the conversation

>need multi-ally coalitions to step to Boney
>get shit pushed in 6/7 times
>only beat fucking Murat in Peninsular War
>claim to fame is one battle and beating Indians

Nosey was a fucking meme

Maurice of Nassau

>Logistics are for nerds

Well as long as you have nerds to do logistics for you.
:^)

I said inb4 frog damage control m80

Lee's greatest ability was to go face to face with garbage Union generals and win.

Yes.

Anyone who disagrees doesn't know anything about Napoleon aside from normie memes and media references and hasn't read a single book on him.

i know a lot about napoleon and he's great, but the greatest general of all time by any metric is subotai

>5'6" manlet
what is it about manlets that make them great generals

My theory is that it is a complex. This psychological complex of inferiority is used to fuel their insane attempts to become superior and gain control.

that's fucking retarded

it's probably because there's more of them

Subotai conquered a lot of defenseless peasants indeed

he also fought professional european, muslim and chinese armies

No.

A great general doesn't prove himself just on the battlefield but also outside of it. For that reason instead of just tactical geniuses such as Alexander, Subotai, Hannibal and some others, it will always be those who are both army reformers and tactical geniuses on top, such as Napoleon and Frederick the Great. It's one thing to do well with what you have, like how Alexander did when he was handed over army and legacy of his father and another to start with nothing and revolutionise both military organisation and battle-field tactics, like Gonzalo Fernández, Maurice of Nassau, Gustav Adolf, Prince of Eugene.

that's a fair position but it's one that i fundamentally disagree with

That's because manlet has a normal sized brain. Lanklet lacks the brain.

>Prince of Eugene