steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Campaign-posting and screenshot-sharing encouraged

previous thread:

Rock the boat!

just got fotosketcher, am going to be trying to make some cool stuff w/ what good caps I have

pls rate/give advice

summarize your favourite TW title in one picture or screenshot

Welcome to our lands!

>some time ago
>watch Legenoftotal war video
>CONSTANTLY sperging about views
>get fed up with it and stop watching
>today
>wonder how far the Call of Warhammer mod progressed
>get on youtube look for a lets play
>set filter to recently released
>its a Legendoftotalwar video
>watch it
>sperging about views yet again

Whats wrong with this guy???
Like fuck man the people that are watching the people are already giving you views dont complain to them for fucks sake.

We need a Total War: Witcher

Could totally work

Spellweaver (Lore of High Magic) and Spellweaver (Lore of Dark Magic) lord options coming soon

It really wouldn't be as good as you think user I'm afraid, may as well play age of Charlemagne

yeah magic in general in this tw has been downscaled, both negative effects from miscasting and damaging effects.
Hopefully in warhammer 2: magic races boogaloo that is remedied.

/twg/ help distract me from the piping hot garbage that was the ST:Discovery trailer.

What new campaign should I start in R2 or Attila?

Fuck Rome and Fuck Roman People

Attila
Legendary Tanukhids
PIKES AND CAMELS

I've never had any luck with pikes in Attila, they just don't seem as good as in R2, any tips for them?

Went to go buy Beastmen, but apparently the entirety of Attila is cheaper. Does it still run like ass? I remember hearing at launch that it was unoptimized as fuck.

yes
1. put all your pikes in a long line
2. wait for enemy army to come
3. slaughter it with armored camels and hetaireia guards

attila was "optimised for future computers" I believe was the marketing shit spun at the time.
do you have a good gaymen pc?
if you don't dont expect to run that shit on high settings

Nvm I forgot I don't have that DLC. MaybeI'll try a Garamantian campaign.

yes, it still runs like shit
my pc runs warhammer on ultra with 8xAA at 50+ FPS, and it struggles to keep 40FPS in attila on high with 4x AA

they are still pretty good, especially since attila is Cav: The game

I have a pretty strong PC now, so I guess I should be good. Might as well buy Attila then and get a whole new fucking game rather than just a single faction in Warhammer, Jesus Christ CA.

funny, i recently finished garamantian campaign on legendary, and to be honest it's not that fun, as their unit roster is very boring

you basically use the same units (cheap spears, medium roman infantry and armored camels) for the entire campaign, because you don't have access to anything better

also, public order penalties are really harsh until you tech up

still, if you've never played a desert faction before you should try it out, don't forget to use lots of armored camels, the most broken unit in the entire game

desu real life is cav: the life
up until the mechanised cavalry was invented in 1891

but not to the scale attila is

>I've never had any luck with pikes in Attila
are you serious

they are by far the most OP troop in the game

I have to stop myself winning every single engagement with just a handful of pikes and crossbows. Literally nothing can counter it.

additional faction, mini campaign and the todd to be precise.

beastmemes are overpriced though, even if the faction itself is chaos done right and are incredibly fun the mini campaign isn't anything special

My last Attila campaign was Lakhmids and before that I was SAXON STRONK so I'm really not sure I want to go either of those again desu.
I've never enjoyed hordes but I'm thinking of trying a goth run again, maybe settle quickly and see how I go from there.
Visi or Ostro, which is better?

I shall marshal the men!

playing Rome 2 DeI
I've been at war for YEARS with the ENTIRE WORLD (bunch of seperate alliances) and no one wants to peace out
I wish there was a war exhaustion mechanic or something, this is getting ridiculous

Attila's price is low because of R2 fags who are still upset

No one bought it even though it was good, so CA was forced to drop the price to DLC tier prices early.

welcome to DEI

that's funny, because I'm doing a Saxon campaign right now, and i'm a bit disappointed by their roster, it seems that I will be using hearth guards for vast majority of the campaign as no other frontline unit seems nearly as effective as them

if i remember correctly, ostrogoths had great unit variety with access to lots of roman troops, which are usually very effective

> Literally nothing can counter it.
what about stacks full of DEVIL HORSE ARCHERS

>what about stacks full of DEVIL HORSE ARCHERS
Crossbows > All other forms of range. Horse archers melt under crossbows.

Apart from javs, if you had them in a fight between each other.

horse archers have more range though

also, i don't like using crossbows too much, they require a lot of micromanagement to get good line of fire, and i'd rather spend this time microing my cavalry

still, i used them in my WRE campaign, because of elite ravenna crossbowmen, and that delicious crossbow shooting sound effect

but crossbows get outranged by the devil horse archers, who then roflstomp your pikes to the point where CHOSEN UAR WARRIORS kill them and shove their rounded swords up your crossbows' bungholes

where the fuck old friend at

>horse archers have more range though
The AI isnt smart enough to capitalize on that. They will sit in range of enemy range and take it in the face. You just have to shuffle a bit forward once they get near.

Seriously, we need better AI. For the campaign and battles. Its the biggest flaw with TW by miles and yet it goes totally ignored. At least on official channels.

user I know you want to find some magic solution but there isnt one. Iv played Attila for 500 hours and I know how all the units work.

Pikes and crossbows wins against everything. I would take a few swords as well for holes but the core principle is the same; the AI is too stupid to deal with pikes and hits them head on, and the AI is too stupid to skirmish with its ranged advantage.

The only real exception to this is if the AI bugs out and spams a stack of catapults, in which case they obliterate the close pike formations.

>scout equites killing everything

I think we will get info soon, esp if CA plans to release on WH's anniversary which is 7 days away

>Took a 3 month break from total war to finish my Thesis
>Mfw it's finally done and i can get back to hammer and anvil

1-5 Attila
6-0 Warhammer

>bachelor's thesis deadline is in 2 weeks
>haven't even started because i was playing attila for last 3 months

>200 word PhD due in 6 years
>no time to finish it because playing warhammer

>Lmao the wizard miscasted, killed 9 of his men and almost disappeared into the warp. Table top seems more exciting, too bad the catastrophic failures didnt translate into total war.

I think that would be hard to pull off in TW. In order for catastrophic failures on that magnitude be fair, magic would have to also be extremely powerful. It's a cool idea and works in tabletop but in TW it would just make magic both a) brokenly OP shit that gets to wipe squads without any positioning or tactics or strategy, and b) completely unreliable shit that can throw an entire game if you roll bad. Just frustrating for players on both sides, and not fun.

that's a fair point user, I want the krell. But considering how much larger the free content has been (issabellas) for example. I'm cautiously expecting some good things, more than 1 hero/lord at least after all this time.

>I'm cautiously expecting some good things, more than 1 hero/lord at least after all this time.

CA seems to be downplaying it a bit on the tw subreddit, but who knows. I think people are going to be disappointed regardless because CA has let people get their hopes up w/ the ambiguous name

>tfw you were one of the people who thought we would be getting the red duke/boris in mousillon/middenland before the isabella reveal

who are the himyar? that nigga looks sick. also what is up with the venedian dude going into battle wearing a bathrobe and jeans with some crappy toy axe, looks like a bad cosplay

I swear to god
I've killed tens of thousands of their men but the carthaginians, bunch of germanic tribes, a bunch of fucking nomadic african tribes and the egyptians keep fucking coming
I'm honestly tempted to quit and try that augustus game mode, im sick of the constant gridlock

>more than 1 hero/lord at least after all this time.
They've already explicitly stated its one thing coming alone.

I was doubtful of those 2 user, purely because they are payed content, red duke comes with wood elves and boris comes with beasty boys.

Would bring all sorts of sillyness to suddenly make them free.
still I do agree, it has been far too long for people to hype it up now for it to not cause inevitable dissapointment.

They are sassadins but with masks

Himyar are the literal Jews of Attila.

>who are the himyar?
desert jews
>that nigga looks sick
of course, wearing a metal facemask makes you a badass by default

I would pay for the ability to play Gashnag, full stop.

Strigoi best vampires

squad's here

>who are the himyar?

Arabian Jews

Have the deadliest anti-inf cav unit in the game, in the Armored Himyarite Shotelai - not as heavy or as good at charging as the almaqah's lancers (which are also exclusive to them) but have rapid advance, which allows them to abuse the speed aspect of the impact damage equation to annihilate infantry on the charge

also have the mega-jews in athar's chosen, tiny unit of half naked mask wearing madmen with shock-cav tier charge bonus

Going to take a day for attila to finish downloading with this shitty dorm internet. Starting up a warhammer campaign as well.

Rerollan. Not buying chaos

Are the vampires and chaos really that bad or are they just not as good as the other factions?

Roll

>tfw exam today

I just want to sit home and shed the blood of Norscan men

So somebody said Warhammer 2 is going to basically be the new stuff on top of the old stuff, so all the previous factions and content just expanded considerably in terms of map size, factions, and mechanics?

Same for poopoo peepee.

Surely i can't keep rolling DLC factions forever.

What does DEI mod for Rome2 actually do? There is 0 details on the mod page

Congrats user, you got the best possible option.

Chaos is really that bad in that it's a literal demonic entropy powered doomsday cult trying to bring about the end of the world.

Vampires are bad in the sense of we as humans viewing anything that could be a predator to us as something to be feared/hated/subjugated, but it depends on the Vampire themselves if they're actually "evil". Vlad is definitely a "Zero tolerance" harsh master, but he also generally protects his subjects and keeps his thralls from just killing people randomly. Mostly criminals/prisoners/etc.

Manny on the other hand is a giant cunt and it'd basically be like living under a brutal dictator that doesn't really protect you from the monsters roving the countryside.

Then you have lower profile guys like Gashnag who's a Strigoi (big hulking monster vampires) ruling a small kingdom as part of the Border Princes, but despite being a big monster dude he's actually really good to his subjects, protects them with extreme prejudice, and doesn't abuse them. Strigoi vampires actually used to be one of the more "good guy" vampire clans until a lot of them basically went feral.

vamps are top tier - one of if not the best factions in the game.

based on what CA has said so far
>separate campaign map w/ the 4 main races focusing on ulthuan, lustria, and naggarond, with the southlands thrown in
>some point after release of sequel CA will release free "mega-campaign"
>mega campaign will feature both the old and new world, with some parts cut of in order to help w/ performance
>people who own both games will be able to fight old/new world factions in mp

a whole fucking lot. They probably don't bother listing it because there is a lot of shit that it changes.

Funnily enough, Franz is the only campaign i've so far already done in Warhammer. Going to give it another go though. I'm sure it will have a different feel now that Bretonnia got it's roster update and Wood Elves no longer confederate by turn 5.

Its literally going to have the same amount of content as the base-game. Its just not going to make any meaningful changes to the formula, or fix actual issues with the core gameplay like an actual sequel would do. Its a glorified expansion pack that costs $60.

>just in case you think I'm exaggerating the armored shotelai

it's so satisfying to see armored camels slam into infantry block and literally annihilate it

>actually being so stupid as to think anyone wants a warhammer sequel
Please kill yourself

I really like how Attila has all thiose broken things like camels, slav archers, huscarls etc., that CA never really bothered to fix and doesn't care about balance at all.
Meanwhile, everything in Warhammer seems so fair and balanced that there is barely any fun left.

Am I like the only person alive who's a history enthusiast and has enjoyed all the TW's up to this point AND really enjoyed Warhammer? Like when they announced 2 I was pretty excited but the comments was full of a bunch of bespectacled skeletons whining about it. Most of the TW titles have had some follow up that's basically a refined version of the previous installment or some kind of standalone expansion.

>Meanwhile, everything in Warhammer seems so fair and balanced that there is barely any fun left.
>something has to be broken to be fun
you filthy casual scum

That's not what I said though, learn to read comprehension.

>slav archers

Camels and huscarls are just very good units that excel at specific encounters

Slav archers are fucking retarded and I still can't believe that CA left them the way they are. They were probably a test for poison archers in WH anyways

>you are now imagining night gobbo archers using the poison mechanics of the slav archers

not at all - most of the posters on /twg/ probably enjoy both. Most of the his vs fantasy posts are flamebait

>what i said isnt what i said!
Boy shit at TW and bad at grammar, outstanding combo

What is the most medieval-like faction in attila in terms of units? I don't wanna play as forest niggas wearing rags with sharpened sticks for weapons. I want some bows, some swords, some cool chainmail, some cool cav, whatever. Does that exist in this game besides rome?

>I want some bows, some swords, some cool chainmail, some cool cav, whatever. Does that exist in this game besides rome?
yes, try playing germanic factions

Charlemagne

Asturias

>play dorfs
>want to use their cool artillery
>it takes like 80 turns to unlock them

Sissynids

It was DoT wasn't it?

So how's the lizardman roster? Is it any good or are we getting cucked? Are feral Dino's okay? Been hearing complaining about them

how do I recruit free company militia? Am I not a good goy, do I need a DLC?

If you mean the RoR version then you need Grim and the Grave

regular and RoR version are from Grim and Grave
Open up that wallet

As I remember it
>any unit hit with it is instantly exhausted, cannot recover from said exhaustion
>no matter how much of the unit is hit/how much fire it took, takes a set portion of damage
>may have been a stat debuff as well

It was retarded

looks breddy gud. Most complaining I've seen on here is due to CA's OC unit that seems to be a lizardmen corpse cart

you need the dlc to recruit the RoR and the regular versions of
>flagellants
>KotBS
>FCM
>Corpse Carts/Mortis Engine

what's the point of goblin wolf riders? they seem so shit. shit ass charge bonus, and in sustained combat they lose even to archers... even if dwarves and greenskins have the best melee-capable archers, that's all you fight so it doesn't really matter. they also take years to kill goblins and they rout from like 2 volleys of arrows.

Actually, fuck it, I have the new edit right here

> So how's the lizardman roster?
It's solid. There's a DLC-sized hole in it with Sotek- and Skink-related units missing, so we're probably getting our Sotek vs Pestilens lords pack. These include the the Engine of the Gods (Ancient Stegadon variant), Troglodon (Oracle that rides it will probably become a lord seeing as all the TT lord options are in the base game already), Ark of Sotek (Bastiladon variant), Jungle Swarms (maybe not, we haven't gotten any swarm units for other races yet), Salamanders, Razordons, and Ripperdactyls.

> Are feral Dino's okay?
People can bitch but them being added makes sense. Allows players to get dinosaur units earlier (and cheaper) than normal at the cost of them being rampaging beasts. Mounted dinos are probably strong late-game units.

aw FUCK.

>and RoR recruit instantly like mercenaries

I didn't even know that shit existed. That could've saved my ass so many times.

they are for killing skirmishers and artillery pieces, as well as for chasing down routers. They are the best of the wolf/spider group because of their vanguard capabilities and their incredible speed. They aren't meant to stay in prolonged combat with units that have decent melee capabilities, so on higher difficulties they are less useful thanks to AI stat buffs.

I haven't tried it out yet, but if you need to kill quarrelers/arrer boys early on as greenskins, you might want to try the wolf chariots. They are fast and have a bonus vs inf, but can't vanguard deploy. Ignored the ranged attack and they can troll the shit out of ranged units. I use the teef robbas in mp all the time to that effect, since people typically ignore them and focus on wolf riders

c'mon ranald give me something i can get thematic with

You are not done yet, my son. Keep conquering. Keep killing.

why does volkmar look like a dr. suess character

SLAYERS

SLAYERS FOR DAYS

yeah its been done before, but its new to me

I'm looking forward to makings a themed army with no temple guard or chameleon skinks and only feral dinos as my cavalry/hammer option.