Accidentally held my foot down on the gas pedal while I started my car

>accidentally held my foot down on the gas pedal while I started my car
>redlined it for about 3-4 seconds before realizing
did I damage my engine

No you fucking idiot

I hope you can afford a new car.

Well I mean technically revving past ~3k before the oil reaches operating temperature can damage the lifespan of some of the parts but once won't hurt it

gonna need an engine rebuild, m8.
Just a matter of time before the engine knock starts. You redlined it before any oil spooled up to lube those metally ruffy bits and now it's fucked.
t. NTB parts changer

>tfw wondering if I do that ever to my car and if I'm damaging it
can't have done it often...I'll make habit of watching this.

Your oil pan probably looks like tinker bell took a shit in it with all the glittery metal filings that it's likely filled with now :^)

>four whole seconds before realizing

Stay off the road you piece of shit.
Yeah, redlining an engine before the oil pressure has normalized wont hurt anything, it's fine.

Stupid cunt.

congrats, you just flushed away a couple years of lifetime of your engine in those 4 seconds you were drooling

4t engines have journal bearings that work of the oil pressure being correct but his engine will be fine because it's not 1960.

You made scotty Kilmer smile

I didn't know physics didn't apply anymore because it's [CURRENT YEAR].

The journal bearings do not support a rotating mass with hopes and dreams prior to oil flow.

Oil, anti-drainback filters and mains have come far, but the method of damage remains the same. Lack of sufficient oil flow.

Just once probably won't have done any damage. Don't do it again, but it's not like you fucked up really badly.

>accidentally held my foot down on the gas pedal when I started my car.
>Ran my Challenger into a crowd of people.

Fucking kek

There is probably nothing else worse than oil starvation in an ICE engine that the average motorist can do.

Not like you fucked up really badly, what the fut.

>that license plate number
woah

>accidentally held my foot down on the gas pedal
Seizure? Stay off of the road. Dangerous!

no seezhur,. just dum

>took off in 2nd instead of 1st the other day

I was sick and trying to make it home from work before throwing up all over my steering wheel and I was groggy and foggy and just not all there. I was at a red light having downshifted to 2nd and never took it out before the light turned green again. It felt funny like it was struggling to take off almost before I realized what I did.

How badly did I fuck up??

you didn't fuck anything up, you just nearly stalled the engine which is what will happen in a higher gear

do u into cars bro?

All clutch material is gone, flywheel scorched, alternator gone. You done fucked up.

>>took off in 2nd instead of 1st the other day
>
>I was sick and trying to make it home from work before throwing up all over my steering wheel and I was groggy and foggy and just not all there. I was at a red light having downshifted to 2nd and never took it out before the light turned green again. It felt funny like it was struggling to take off almost before I realized what I did.
>
>How badly did I fuck up??

You didnt, I used the 3th gear exclusively to pull up on a c180 1994 mercedes (w202) for 3 weeks because I wanted to get really good at clutch handling. If you can pull up in the 3th you have mastered the clutch, also its fun to annoy the shit out of drivers behind you. The clutch burned some times and felt a bit thinner after that but the car was fine.

You're fine as long as you didn't slip the clutch too badly. Hell, there's a newer dodge diesel at work we use as a work truck, and first gear in that thing is entirely useless. Unless I'm pulling something I just start it in second. Had so much torque it accelerates better.

You probably caused some unnecessary wear on the engine, but most likely nothing major.

>3th gear
Thanks for the laugh user

>poorfags with old used cars

Modern ones would prevent such things by having a rev limiter when you're in neutral gear, P or if the engine is cold.

Usually it tops at 4000 rpm

Probably not much. Didn't do it any favors, just don't make a habit of it.