I swear that automatic gearboxes are a meme

I swear that automatic gearboxes are a meme
Earlier this week I drove an auto car. But it kept constantly jumping years on the highway
I want to know what mentality people have in order to think sudden acceleration from the gearbox is an ok thing to live with
I was relieved when I got my manual car back again

Were you the guy who ran into the protesters

Everything you just said didn't happen did it?

I couldn't find a manual version of the car I wanted, feels bad man

I always use the tiptronic though, no clutch pedal but at least the car can't go retarded on me downshifting and upshifting for no reason

>German engineering
Lmao

The car did actually downshift constantly on the highway

Sounds like you've never driven an auto.
Automatics are erratic as fuck with their gears. You have to learn to speak throttle position to try to influence its shifting.

I bet you would commit sudoku on the day you drive a shitbox with cvt tranny.

op drive 80s/90s automatic kek, even outdated zf made in 2000 weren't jerkoff when upshifting.

Why the fuck would you buy an auto if you have to influence it cuck thinking just stick to manual

Nope, it was about a 1 or 2 year old car
Stay assmad

>jumping years

Not him, but I had a '15 Challenger rental twice, both times it constantly hunted for gears because hurrrrrrrrr shift logic

The only reason an automatic would be shifting on the highway 'unexpectedly' is if you were trying to do things that would be stupid even with a manual. (Such as attempting to pass without downshifting, trying to hold speed on a steep uphill without down shifting, anything that involves putting your engine under a heavy load without down shifting basically).

So it sounds like you NEED an auto by virtue of being a bad driver.

That looks a lot like a Challenger shifter

>I don't like my transmission's decisions
>there's no appeal process!
Stick with a manual pinkie

It's a ZF design.
ZF is certainly German.

Glad someone finally put it in a way retards on here can understand. Manual is objectively superior, that being said; I always put any automatic car I HAVE to drive in "manual," mode. Assuming it even has a manual shifting mode.

Hahahahahaha
Enjoy your autism

>Highway
>Steep uphill
Pick one you retard

Are you... Retarded? Have you never seen a highway built over mountains or just carried terrain?

Kys

Under appreciated post

The last auto I had wouldn't try to shift randomly like that. Are you guys talking about CVT or some other kind of failed sorcery transmissions?

No, specifically not CVT. They change gears all the time because of pedal position, wind, incline. Did you not notice that when you press the pedal, it would typically downshift first, before giving you acceleration response?

pretty much every highway here in BC has steep uphills and downhills, as well as curves

where do you live, some redneck US state without any hills?

Most people don't care about car culture and solely want something that will safely transport them from one location to another with as little hassle as possible.

Manual transmissions are an irritant to most people and will eventually be completely phased out due to lack of revenue.

Sorry.

>CVT
>Failed Sorcery
Guarantee this guy doesnt drive

>challenger
What are you a white supremacist nazi? Go back to pol you racist!

Isn't the challenger a niggermobile though? Right there with old caddys, 300 and altimas?

>Earlier this week I drove an auto car. But it kept constantly jumping years on the highway
You really can't fucking keep your foot on the pedal at a constant spot?

Yea but i was referencing recent political events for ebin upboats.

BAIT