/pg/ - Persona General

Previous: Your waifu is nice too

NEWS
>Hashino thanks western piggus: personacentral.com/message-director-katsura-hashino-celebrating-western-release-persona-5/
>New game domains registered: personacentral.com/potential-persona-5-spin-off-website-domains-registered-including-p5d-p5u/
>English P5 DLC schedule: personacentral.com/persona-5-dlc-scheduled-announced-english-release/
>Next major event announced for August 2nd: personacentral.com/large-scale-persona-live-event-announced-august-2-2017/
>New Persona games to be announced 2017: personacentral.com/atlus-to-announce-several-games-in-2017-includes-the-persona-series/
>New Atlus studio "Studio 0" to create new RPG named Project Re Fantasy: personacentral.com/atlus-project-re-fantasy-concept-video-site-update/
>Persona 20th Anniversary radio CD announced: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-radio-cd-detailed/

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S

GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona Image Collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/CZEvEgiE
>Persona ISOs
mega.nz/#F!5iQAGTLB!U1LUUTLtawRdsWSDDFSAQQ

MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457

How can any other Ultimate Persona compete?

Haru best girl!

I love Anne!

steak

The cast of Persona 5 was subpar at best. Mediocre development, comparing it to the P4G cast they are a bunch of airheads and people with a stick up their butts. Ryuji is a very bad copy of Kanji with none of the problems or the development cycle that gives Kanji a real opportunity to change himself and his view of the world around him. Ann is a very lacking copy of Rise with zero development other than a small glimpse at the end of her SL. The absence of a decent supporting character like Yousuke IMHO destroyed the experience. Yusuke was a pretty funny addition to the cast, and the only main party member I could somewhat relate to. Makoto is a stock asset taken from your average anime tropes, she's nothing to Naoto which has a personality all around and it's not just talking about someone else because she doesnt have anything to say. I could go on and on... but really, the main cast was trash if compared to P4G. Any chance of bonding was lost... School trip at Hawaii? Hell yeah, lets do nothing and stare at our phones all the time, hang out with Ryuji to speak with 3 NPC that have nothing to say, and thats it. Fireworks Festival? Yeah, right, you wish. School events? Nope, and even with max Knowledge nobody aknowledges that you did good in the tests. Social Links? No time for that! Lets have 2 months with barely enough time to finish a dungeon, and when there are 20 days left, they are in fact 18 because calling card, and dont forget random events in between like Morgana telling you that you have to retreat for now, for NO REASON.

gay femc when

Like this

By being in more popular geimus.

I am still amazed at his treatment by the end of the game. He is forgotten by everyone. No one even mentions him. It's like he never even existed.

>finally got to Goro's turn and defeat

HOLY SHIT. I was literally laughing at that shitshow. Worthless shitbag Light Yagami ripoff "friend don't matter" plot device got what he had coming.

I was waiting to fucking punish him since i met his overtly polite and smug ass and told him to piss off in every possible interaction we had.

Good fucking riddance to the worst written character in this entire goddamn game.

>Makoto x Joker
>Anne x Ryuji
>Futaba x Yusuke
>Haru x Goro

Daily reminder that this is the optimal pairing in P5

>"Well our Joker is JOKER."
>"WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE!?"
>Brown makes a dumb pun making him a "joker."

Not gonna lie, I'd laugh at that bit.

Give me a 3 word summary.

Delete this.

I got spoiled for it too, but I saw it coming a mile away anyway with how many slips he made

My gf was genuinely surprised by it though and thought Groo was a good PT member until his betrayal when she started sending me angry messages over skype about it

I want to give Kawakami a massage!

Haru! I love her!

Redpill me on how you guys have been abusing weather conditions and Reaper for XP and Yen.

Naotits as payment.

You know what?

You're completely right

what reason would they have to bring him up?

It's because he's with me now.

Why are the best enemies in the game angels?

He is erased by everyone's cognition. Literally the baddest end possible.

I distract him with Naotits.

is there neutrall fags i

Obligatory Makoto post

Describe the family dynamic of the Velvet Room residents
>Igor
>Belladonna
>Nameless
>Demon Painter
>Elizabeth
>Theodore
>Margeret
>Marie (Freeloader)
>Lavenza

>Naotits as payment
But do you have THAT picture of Naoto, user? You know the one.

How does one become a hardcore hacker?

me

>Makoto didn't dress as her
>Ann doesn't even wear her outfit properly

>what reason would they have to bring him up?
He was really popular, actually. Even random people on the streets were talking about him. But after his arc he is completely gone from the game, apart from one or two references.

>P4 was better

Not him but Ryuji arguably has one of the best party member social links in terms of development and No Good Toro is the best link in the game hands down.

I will agree than Ann's link is pretty lackluster though, they missed out on developing her character and basically boiled her down to "it's hard being pretty"

Be honest, you couldn't have answered this without the network.

I have every picture user. but THAT one is asking for a ban.

Reaper - Go in during flu season. 40% chance of enemies to spawn with Despair. If not cured, Despair will kill the afflicted in 3 turns. Sit around in a level until reaper appears. In the furthest reaches of mementos, he appears in about 3-4 mins. If he doesn't have despair, escape battle until he spawns with despair. Rinse and repeat.

I bet Nameless and Lavenza would get along. He would be patient and enjoy her company as she sits next to him and listens to his melody. They both do duets as well from time to time. He's the onii-chan she deserves, but never got.

This one?

Makoto can't be Isabeau because Isabeau is an actual character

>not having the Courage to stand up to jannies
Fuck off, Groo.

Now give me a one word summary

Fuck off Groo

Obligatory Makoto abest!

Wasn't this one of the reasons why people believed there was a TRUEST end in P5 but nothing came about it?

I remember /pg/ and people on 2ch looking fervently for anything that would indicate a true end.

Also I think people thought about the timeloop/timelooping palace due to Goro's complete erasure.

Now that you mention it it would make sense for there to at least be some crowd chatter like "what ever happened to Akechi-kun"

Everyone forgot the phantom thieves even though they were talked about days ago. So he got forgot about too.

Fuck off Goro

As I already said, if the pancakes thing slips within the sea of conversations it's not easy. I'm usually great with this things but with this game I didn't want to think about who was the traitor and it only hit me after Haru's palace when you see the black masked murderer has black gloves like Akechi's.

Sorry you got spoiled my man

FRIENDSHIP IS A SOCIAL CONTRUCT

>Igor
The respected patriarch. Only the eldest (including Margaret) have enough time with him to be able to joke around with him.
>Belladonna
The Velvet mom. Easily distracted.
>Nameless
The Velvet dad. Not as respected as Igor, but the younger ones confide on him more because of his deep insights.
>Demon Painter
Cool uncle. Always in his own world
>Elizabeth
The cheeky daughter
>Theodore
The dutiful son
>Margeret
The beloved big sis
>Marie (Freeloader)
The freeloader
>Lavenza
The baby sister. Mature for her age but still everyone dotes on her.

Obligatory "I hate groo" post

I would fully expect there to be a True Ending in Crimson, but... the actual ending of P5 is so epic in scale that it's not really possible to beat that.

If you didn't pick up on pancakes you're actually retarded

>black mask
>actual mask part is red

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Obligatory "I hate groo too" post to compliment yours

why does sexy dance have such big inheritance priority on thanatos. fug

*grabs harus*

One of the big plot points is nobody but you guys can talk with Morgana. The game beats you over the head with it people talking about how much meowing the cat does. Then someone who magically overhears you also responds to something the fucking cat says. Can it get more obvious than that?

oooooooooooooooooo HAMAON prety scary huh?

Ryoji is a sexual tyrannosaurus.

What would Futaba and Joker's children be like? What kind of family activities would they all do on together?

>he actual ending of P5 is so epic in scale that it's not really possible to beat that.

Eh... I dunno I felt there could have been more. I think P4's super secret boss thing spoiled me too much.

Predictions for inevitable P5 "Gold" version:

>Additional palace & party member, although maybe just going to be Akechi after Sae's
>Confidant abilities balanced/fleshed out
>Party members' Persona skills balanced/fleshed out, Second Awakening actually made interesting and not just an Evade skill

Why is there so much negative space in that image of Haru and nobody else

Not that guy, but it is an easy thing to overlook

the negative space represents her lack of personality

Did anyone here decide to complete the compendium (NG+, so including the ultimate Persona) on Merciless mode? I like the aspect of harder difficulty, but grinding levels for higher level personas seems uninteresting. I know can use Level 10 Strength ability, however, so I am torn.

Any thoughts?

They wouldn't have explained it 20 times if they didn't want us to know.

Please don't bully Haru.

the presentation was a lot more epic in P5, but P1 and P2 dealt with potential and actual reality warping and gods stronger than the demiurge, and P3 involved you flying to the literal moon and having a fistfight with its gooey center

i think P5 has room to top itself

Yup, there are like 3 dialogues before Goro appearing, and like 1 or 2 more before mentioning the delicious pancakes.

Personally im glad i missed that plot point during my NG.

You're right, however.. Even not noticing that, there's zero reason to trust Akechi at all. He blackmails himself into your team

i want to abuse Haru!

There's still one Goro fangirl that remembers them

Why did they think there was a timeloop?

Pic related

Is Lavenza related to Elizabeth and Margaret or nah?

Gamesux

Nah, typical spoiled fags, it's quite subtle and within a bigger convo of amusement parks, you actually have to scroll back to see that it was Morgana that made the comment.

>Marge brought home some angsty 15 year old because she was confused

I just watched the scene and goro brings up pancakes over 2 minutes after Mona does, and by that point its easy to think someone else said "pancakes" in the conversation as well.

Even if you have the level 10 Strength ability, then you're still grinding. You're grinding money instead of exp, which takes even longer.

you
guys
ain't
heroes

I can't wait until Goro becomes a Phantom Thief in the spinoffs.

I agree in general, but it is a difficult task. I can't imagine them bringing another god on top of Yaldy.

whats the best way to farm money if there are no bosses left in mementos? just hold up enemies over and over?

I don't know why you think it's so unreasonable that someone could pay attention.

Goro is already a Phantom Thief. He's on the cover, so he's a PT.

Muh shitty adults

I'd assume Lavenza is she shares the same characteristics of the rest of them

hey whats up

The game has that problem where its premise is juuust being fulfilled, but the dev can't afford to add even one mission where the team is at full strength before it has to deal with the prospect of disbandment.

It's like a super hero movie where the guy spends most of the thing getting kitted out, saves one person, then the city, then goes back to being a normal person, as opposed to his comic, where you get to see a bunch of his adventures fleshed out.

yep akechi sucks

Family hacking outings.

But he already is.

p*ncakes

>Is Lavenza related to Elizabeth and Margaret or nah?
They are all a family, they all come from the sea of the unconscious. Except for Marie, since she's a fragment of a goddess.

"Wanna come with us and help us sort things out?"
Goro would've been a Phantom Thief if he hadn't "died."
He'll be an official one for real when it's revealed he didn't die.
Screencap, my friends. :^)

The Shido mission is the full power mission. You've got to go all out on that one.

i want to kill marie

I see a 12 season award winning sitcom
Marie is introduced in season 9 though

If there's one thing /pg/ can agree on, it's that everyone wants to kill Marie.