Dalai Lama on Islam

>This board is dedicated to the discussion of history and the other humanities such as philosophy, religion,
>philosophy
>religion

Here is a 2 or 3 minute video:

youtube.com/watch?v=wqv8hMd2Fg8

Dalai Lama news interview:

youtube.com/watch?v=R8zfQw_JjT4

Dalai Lama discussion on religious tolerance:

youtube.com/watch?v=RdemALBMMuE

Terrorism is not "muslim terrorism." Terrorism is not Muslim.

We need to spread the word that even a monk can see the treasure is the same in Islam as it is in Buddhism. The Dalai Lama's message would be exactly the same today, and very helpful today.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dhiyoLGKvVo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what a drama lama

On the 3rd video, His Holiness Dalai Lama says "This does not mean I am going to become a Muslim" and laughs. He combines all the essential truths of Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism and even Jainism, all to show us how our cultural diversity and different religions are actually manifestations of the same thing.

One more really important detail.

He call out in the 3rd video that our presumptions cause separation from each other. When we think "Oh they are this religion? They are totally different.(illusion that religions are separate.)"

He discusses how most of the Islamic Muslims he encounters are very peaceful.

Someone last thread was talking about Rahu from the Kalachakra Tantra.

Mohammed himself is referred to by name several times in the Time Tantra, as is his one god, Allah. We learn of the barbarians that they are called Mleccha, which means the “inhabitants of Mecca” (Petri, 1966, p. 107). These days Rudra Chakrin is already celebrated as the “killer of the Mlecchas.

In Tibetan astronomy and astrology (which are not distinguished from one another) two further planets with the names of Rahu and Ketu are to be found alongside the seven wandering stars (the sun, moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn). Seen from an astronomical point of view we are not dealing with real heavenly bodies here, but rather with the ascendant and descendant lunar nodes, that is, the two points at which the moon’s orbit intersects the ecliptic (the path of the sun). These are also known in the occident as the “dragon’s head” and the “ dragon’s tail”, or together as the “ dragon points”. When, at times which can be determined astronomically, the moon passes through such an orbital node (or syzygy), then an eclipse can occur: when the moon is full a lunar eclipse, and with a new moon a solar eclipse.

Inexorably and cruelly, Kalagni (Rahu's horse) lets the whole universe go up in flames. Along with the stars the inhabitants of heaven are also burnt out, the Buddhas and the gods; with the earth humanity and all other living creatures are also consumed by fire. The elements dissolve themselves — space, air, fire, water, and earth. The entire creation sinks into a sea of fire. In the macrocosm only a few “galactic seeds” remain, which form the starting material for a new world (Tayé, 1995, p. 41). The sole element which survives this apocalypse is wind, that is, in microcosmic terms, the breath of the tantra masters (ADI BUDDHA). In the next cosmic epoch it has an effect on the remaining “galactic seeds” and creates a new universe from them.

The armies of Rudra Chakrin will destroy the “not-Dharma” and the doctrines of the “unreligious barbarian hordes”. Hereby, according to the original text of the Kalachakra Tantra, it is above all the Koran which is intended. Mohammed himself is referred to by name several times in the Time Tantra, as is his one god, Allah. We learn of the barbarians that they are called Mleccha, which means the “inhabitants of Mecca” (Petri, 1966, p. 107). These days Rudra Chakrin is already celebrated as the “killer of the Mlecchas” (Banerjee, 1959, p. 52). This fixation of the highest tantra on Islam is only all too readily understandable, then the followers of Mohammed had in the course of history not just wrought terrible havoc among the Buddhist monasteries and communities of India — the Islamic doctrine must also have appeared more attractive and feeling to many of the ordinary populace than the complexities of a Buddhism represented by an elitist community of monks. There were many “traitors” in central Asia who gladly and readily reached for the Koran. Such conversions among the populace must have eaten more deeply into the hearts of the Buddhist monks than the direct consequences of war. Then the Kalachakra Tantra, composed in the time where the hordes of Muslims raged in the Punjab and along the Silk Road, is marked by an irreconcilable hate for the “subhumans” from Mecca.

This dualist division of the world between Buddhism on the one side and Islam on the other is a dogma which the Tibetan lamas seek to transfer to the future of the whole of human history. “According to certain conjectures”, writes a western commentator upon the Shambhala myth, “two superpowers will then have control over the world and take to the field against one another. The Tibetans foresee a Third World War here” (Henss, 1985, p. 19).

Further to this, the Shambhala state (in contrast to the original teachings of the Buddha) is based upon the clear differentiation of friend and enemy. Its political thought is profoundly dualist, up to and including the moral sphere. Islam is regarded as the arch-enemy of the country. In resolving aggravated conflicts, Shambhala society has recourse to a “high-tech” and extremely violent military machinery and employs the sociopolitical utopia of “paradise on earth” as its central item of propaganda.

It follows from all these features that the current, Fourteenth Dalai Lama’s constant professions of faith in the fundamentals of western democracy remain empty phrases for as long as he continues to place the Kalachakra Tantra and the Shambhala myth at the center of his ritual existence. The objection commonly produced by lamas and western Buddhists, that Shambhala concerns a metaphysical and not a worldly institution, does not hold water. We know, namely, from history that both traditional Tibetan and Mongolian society cultivated the Shambhala myth without at any stage drawing a distinction between a worldly and a metaphysical aspect in this matter. In both countries, everything which the Buddhocratic head of state decided was holy per se.

>This dualist division of the world between Buddhism on the one side and Islam on the other is a dogma which the Tibetan lamas seek to transfer to the future of the whole of human history. “According to certain conjectures”, writes a western commentator upon the Shambhala myth, “two superpowers will then have control over the world and take to the field against one another

Perhaps Dalai Lama is teaching non-duality between Buddhism and Abrahamic religions, the same way Srila Prabhupada does

>No, no. Chaitanya Mahaprabhu talked with the Pathanas (Muslims). He proved that "Yourreligion is Vaishnavism." (Moraing walk. Bombay, 17/02/74)

The same way Guru Nanak makes the statement:

>"There is no Hindu, no Muslim."

For the record, I deeply appreciate a few strains of Islam, but if I'm looking for a defense of the systems, I'll not take it from Lhamo fuckin' Thondup, a dude who specializes in the aforementioned doctrines of eschatological war with Islam.

My fucking god the man preaches for religious tolerance but then says anyone worshiping Dorje Shugden is, by definition of worship, helping the Chinese assassinate him.

You know what is funny man is I used to spam your threads with Christian nonsense.

Then its like, Jesus Christ would not only know pretty much everything we call "occult" (cause the Son of God would obviously have all that knowledge), but Christ would have been well versed in Buddhist and Islamic practices.

Islam comes after Christ, obviously, but in Sufi Islam, there is a whole different dynamic to this religion and is a heart of Abrahamic beliefs, that have more influence of India and Persia than Christianity and Judaism. Christ has Buddha-nature also, a does everything, but Christ's Buddha nature is what gets Him hated by the Jews and the Romans.

>Prabhupada
Fuck ISKCON. We both know Prabhupada's doctrine was that any god that's not Krsna is a demigod in service to Krsna. Hence, there can be no nondualism in his convert-bait.

Hilarious those guys CLAIM a nondualism between Krsna and YHVH, but god fuckin' forbid you imply nonduality between Krsna and Siva, despite Krsna saying "I am Shiva" in Ch. 10 AFTER saying Demigods are impotent.

Let's be honest here, the BG is a doctrinal hot mess, at least the way Prabhupada frames it.

It's this aspect of Jesus that is missing from the world. Everyone believes they know Jesus but really we let our ideas of religion hold us back from finding who He truly is and what He truly teaches before the mainstream Christian ideas.

>You know what is funny man is I used to spam your threads with Christian nonsense.
Yeah. Real 'funny'. Thanks for the (non) apology. I appreciate it.

I disagree. Prabhupada is basically bringing the another aspect of God. Islam is supposed to be submission to God, Iskcon teaches love for God.

He might be a little Krsna radical, but that is why we love him.

Yhwh as the Demiurge is still an extension of the Unmoved mover, and Yhwh as the unmoved mover is understand by Kaballistic Jews.

Here is non-duality between Krsna and Siva:

>Sivasya hridayam vishnur-vishnoscha hridayam sivah’ — Vishnu is the heart of Shiva and likewise Shiva is the heart of Vishnu."

Its cool because even though because there is Gnosticism that is heavily against Christianity and Christianity that is heavily towards Gnosticism, and even though there is a whole lot of difference, there is a whole lot of sameness between the two sides.

I know they're nondual but try telling that to your standard Vaishnav...when I do I generally get shitposted with smug garbage about 'better luck next life', as if they're dogma to Krsna trumps my raw devotion to Siva in the long run.

But that's not what this thread's about it's about Thondup being a weaselly deceptive little shit trying to preserve PR for Vamacara strain of Buddhism.

Well, even Raama does penance after He slays Ravanna, because of Ravanna's devotion to Siva. He killed a sinner, however He knew He killed one of Siva's greatest devotees;

>youtube.com/watch?v=dhiyoLGKvVo

I love you man, I used to be that way "Oh so you don't believe in Krsna eh? You gonna be burnin up for a while muh friend cuz like..." ITS NONSENSE

Pardon, I know there are plenty of fine non ISKCON Viashnavs, it just gets tiresome dealing with /x/'s crop of them.

Jai Ma.

>mfw was one of /x/'s crop of them

What I learned most is that you cant keep spamming nonsense and at one point you want to actually learn some truth. Then now that instead of shit posting, you start giving out some great ideas, people start to shit post you. that's "karmic" right?

>"lele karma is the doctrine of satan sinner"
>"nope nothing Jesus says relates at all to karma it aint in the bible good luck in hell son of a bitch"
>"Jesus taught and helped every sinner, but as a Christian it is my job to persecute the heretics"

You know how it is man, I am sorry. People may not always agree on stuff but like, what is wrong with having a different opinion? It's like "oh you into occult? that means everything I assume about it is true and every assumpition I have about your beliefs is being brought to trial right now sinner" like Jesus didn't teach that

Anyhow, apropos of nothing, I made a library update, dunno if you fags are interested or if /omg/ is still too freaky-deaky for the Orthodox board despite being rooted in source texts and academic analysis.

>Dalai Lama
>Vajrayana

Oh yeah no if either of those Muslim representatives had one fifth of a clue what happened in a Hevajra Tantra initiation they'd be stoning the yellow hat to death.

Or they would understand what the Dalai Lama had just told them.

I dunno. I guess it would largely depend criteria for homosexuality in their respective Fiq, I don't honestly know how the Sunnah or any other compilation treats oral sodomy. In any case the wine alone has him cruising for some lashes.

It would largely depend on every person's responsibility to take charge of their own mind for one second, and make that second last for a little while longer.

That's perfectly reasonable at a personal level but Fiq's a bit more than personal and under no understanding of Vajrayana would the praxes fall in line with most modern jurisprudential modes of Islamic practice.

Maybe if we were talking Quranists or some of the early-middle historical Fiq I'd be less skeptical of these religious representatives would handle Vajrayana in their vicinity.

Every religion is going to have someone take everything so literally and someone else who uses the information to benefit the welfare of every person.

The same tolerance the Dalai Lama has for Islam, is the same tolerance a Muslim will have tolerance of Buddhism.

That actually strikes at the core of my critique of Wahabism, Salafism, and Da'esh's Khawariji heresies.

Heresy is usually illusion, you should understand.

I think that's kludging tattvas together, but for our purposes? Sure.

Islam is so...deliciously odd. It's so metaphysically volatile and it really is my sincerest with the faith stabilizes in my lifetime but I've little hope for this because I usually can't get anyone to talk with me about individual sects and thinkers.

Everyone likes to talk a big game on reform or war, but nobody wants to but in the legwork of either.

We have to consider how we are a Western nation with little understand of the actual reality of those who practice in the Middle East. We can make stereotypes all day, and miss out on information about Islam because we aren't willing to go find an actual source of what we want to know and ask about it, instead we sit behind a screen and copy and paste what other people have to say.]

maybe, Dalai Lama laughs after he says "I am not going to convert hahahaha" because we are uniting rather than dividing

Bump

We're probably running on empty here.

What you mean?

This thread is good for the quality of posts about Islam on this board, and even the lack of info on Buddhism, how everyone sees it so back and white when really everyone is just another person like u and me

bump

I was mostly talking about exhausting good topics inside the topic. Managed to cover a lot of ground in 35 posts. I guess there's a lot more here for perennialists, but I'm not really one and I've got little else to comment on unless someone reroutes the conversation in an interesting direction.