/bmwg/ - BMW general

Previous thread: Get in here boyos

E30 is the best

It's e60/e63 for me, although I love them all

>tfw broke student
>my e60 transmission is shitting the bed
wat do?

take the bus

My dad drives a 2006 525i. Can I get some general info on this car? Why is it in the E60 column if the model number starts with 5? How does it compare to other BMWs? I drove it once and after learning to drive on a Prius it felt like a crotch rocket.

>Why is it in the E60 column if the model number starts with 5
wtf does that mean

Wouldn't the model number start with a 6? I don't have any clue how BMW organizes its models man, I'm new to cartism.

E36 club represent

usually the newer or more advanced the model is, the higher is the chassis code number.
The new ones make less sense though like the standard 3 series is named F30 and the 3 series M3 model is called F80.
Also the new 5 series is named G30 while the new 5 series M5 will be named F90 because it will be using the same old engine from the previous gen F10 M5.

e39 is the best bimmer

e60 is the chassis code of those 5 series

why are there two headlight dials

Have you tried calling a transmission shop? Maybe you just need the fluid and filter replaced

Ahh, the chassis code is like a sub-classification then?

Yeah, the chassis code indicates the "model type" basically. 2004-2011 6 series have the e63 chassis code, 2004-2011 have the e90/e91/e92 code and so on and so forth. Every time bmw redesigns the chassis of a specific series, they designate a new chassis code.

2004-2011 3 series have the e90/e91/e92 code*

Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up senpai

right is for fog lights

i think E39s look funny without the screen. Might be too used to mine

Yup, feel free to ask any other questions you might have

i topped up all fluids and did a trans fluid flush.
it's the ECU shitting itself and the trans oil pan gasket is leaking severely.
Got rid of the car today for very, very cheap.
Hold me /bmw/
but at least I still have my trusty e39 touring and the X5

Ahh I didn't know you have other cars, yeah man you made the right choice, that was about to turn into a very expensive problem

new oil pan+ecu would cost about $1000-1200, it also needed new engine oil and filters, new front bushings, new heating coils (it's a diesel)
so it needed roughly $1500 investments and as I said i'm a broke college student lol.

e28

Yeah dude fuck all that shit, I love e60's but unless it's your only car and you plan to keep it for a long time (like me for instance) then it's not worth it.

Speaking of which, I just polished and waxed my car before setting off on a trip to Maine (I'm in jfk airport atm). Fucking miss her so much.

why are E28s so sexy

oh i had just done full detailing on my e60 before selling it too.
a shiny black e60 looks so beautiful.
bangle has made some questionable design choices but he knew how to design a properly sculpted car body.

Yeah it is tough work keeping that black plaint clean and shining but it's so worth it.

Bangle has taken plenty of flak for his new direction in chassis design but what he did was both bold and artistic. He advanced bmw design into the modern era yet preserved the car identity and image. Honestly I think the e60's and e63's look absolutely gorgeous, they're sex on wheels. The old BMW's are beautiful too but in an entirely different way. I still like these even more than any of the new designs.

E34 is bestMW

t.e89 driver

What is the first mod I should do with my F30? Thinking about lowering it a little.

Anyone else excited for the new M5.
Not like I can afford one but I can't wait to see the lap times etc.

E23 has some charachter.