cepheiisafag.com

>BMS download links
pastebin.com/2CDSgvZq (embed)

>Air, Land and Sea pastebin
pastebin.com/aN1f84Db (embed)

>Repository of various aviation related material
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>Link to this OP text
docs.google.com/document/d/1eaAdM0Hyu3WwDTyilKPxsbQYK9L2NVPoDIZ5vYD6TLw/edit?usp=sharing

>Example of welcome games
Falcon BMS, DCS World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, OMSI 2, DiRT Rally, Ship Simulator.

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3141985&postcount=1
youtube.com/watch?v=dwP67sf98F8
youtu.be/rLky3O-csVk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anyone know how to code or program? I wanna make that proof of concept DCE program from the previous thread.

I can't code or program but I can research modern military strategy and logistics and military aviation planning and tasking so we know what the DCE needs to simulate.

Arma is so shit the mere mention of it kills threads

forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3141985&postcount=1

is this the end

The last thread had tons of unique posters, it just moves too slow for Veeky Forums I think.

Should we have a serious discussion about moving /simg/ to a slower board? Maybe drop the racing stuff from the OP and try /n/ or /k/?

both boards would throw a fit every time it was posted. I'm trying to remember what was going on when we consistently did 750 posts in 3 to 4 days. Was it more ops? Blueflag? Just TS related shitflinging?

I notice we don't do nearly as many ops now. Also it seems like the constant shitting on DCS is driving people away. Maybe something like a regular BMS campaign and regular DCS ops would keep the thread going?

Also doesn't help that ED haven't released anything interesting in a while.

Part of the reason I posted was the hope that it could be a /simg/ project we could discuss in the thread and work on together.

It was BOS v DCS non-stop

So how does the military deal with sonic booms anyway?
Do they have tracts of unpopulated areas they're allowed go sanic speed in, or what?

(I'm wondering whether, if there was actually a strong enough business case, supersonic overland flight, or just domestic flight in the USA, could be done provided you tailored the routing sufficiently.)

I don't know why Veeky Forums is moving so fast tonight but this thread probably wont make it to morning

>havent been on /simg/ in a long time because the thread went to shit and tried its hardest to kill itself with frogposting and shitposting to a harmful self-destructive degree
>randomly see /simg/ on Veeky Forums catalog
>huh, im surprised its still around
>absolutely ded
You fuckers have nobody to blame but yourself.

What would make you stay? Ops? Less "your sim is shit" posting?

aesthetic bump
youtube.com/watch?v=dwP67sf98F8

By not going super sonic over populated areas (or anywhere over land here in the uk).

I would be interested in helping with that but only have done coding mostly in java and have not done much with lua

Shit
Meant for

havent been here for a while

quick rundown on which one is a sim :

>BoS ?
>DCS ?
>BMS ?

Really makes you think.

>one of them focuses on a specific engagement in a specific area at a specific time
>The other just picks pieces of land to have you fly in for???

DCS WWII isn't a WWII sim remember, it's a sandbox )))

can you create a SPI with your TAD as SOI ?

i mean just move your cursor on a spot on the map, tms up long doesnt seem to work for me.

i can only create markpoints with tms right ..

they are all sims

Why didn't ED do crimea?

Shifted to Georgian conflict.

>all those ships to body with PTABs

youtu.be/rLky3O-csVk

just dropping by to remind yall o this right here

Why is harrier so hyped, I bet it's going to release, people are going to enjoy it for a 1-2 weeks, and go back go A-10C and F-15/Su-27

>Why is (any module here) so hyped, I bet it's going to release, people are going to enjoy it for a 1-2 weeks, and go back to not playing DCS anymore because it's shit and /simg/ is dead

FTFY

It's been a while but I think it treats your cursor as SPI. Either that, or you can only do it on hookable objects, I can't remember.

Normandy is getting released next Friday.

>Su-33 in the forum banner
What did they mean by this?

They're planning on making it so you can purchase it without getting FC3

where do I go if I just want to semi-seriously fly with some fuckboys on openconflict, BF or 104th

>release new dlc
>its all about dem jets
>turn all the old jets hud snow white so the goys cant see shit
>while the new ones are nice and bright
ha-ha, they did it again. And they wonder why noone plays their shitty game. also, 12fps...
guess the game...

also, mi-8 or the hueey? May buy one of them, which is more fun?

The Huey by a little bit because of the minguns

Who would buy stand-alone module of FC3

>And they wonder why noone plays their shitty game
They don't wonder actually, arma community is growing, because of Life and KoTH servers.

>lief
Just wait until they hear about gta5life and all of them migrate to an actually playable and fun game that not only runs at a consistent 60fps but looks great and has a fuckin crazy amount of scripting potential.
>hundreds of low-res ofp quality car mods
>scripts that constantly break
>ai that either runs straight into bullets or just gives up trying and stands in one place for 10 minutes.
Fucking disgusting how low the standards are in arma.

I prefer the mi-8 desu, the UH-1 feels quite flimsy by comparison

Forgot to mention exile
>Just wait until they hear about gta5life and all of them migrate
Actually, I hold my fingers up to it, if arma playerbase drops drastically, it should make them reconsider things they're doing.
Anyway, even how much I love arma, I hate it's engine, modding language and stuff, which made me quit and play it only from time to time.
t. 1800 hours in A3

yeah thats the only reason i would go with it

looks nicer ~desu

saw some shit about the radio's in these helis, are there missions where you have to look for downed pilots?

I remember there being at least one mission in the campaign like that, yeah

~400 hours in, i still try to get back into it but i cant get myself to tolerate

So the updated engine will be released for alpha version? That's cool.

Anyone has that meme pic of the superior iranian jet?

This one or the one where it shows what all the cockpit displays really are?

the one that has all of them i think

>~400 hours in, i still try to get back into it but i cant get myself to tolerate There are some decent ideas there with life and exile but the engine clearly cant handle it.
This.
>Owners: 3,067,410 - 3,171,922
They earned shitload from arma 3 all alone(It was $60 up until april 21 2016), not even counting Apex and dlc bundles, and they still hang all of it on some 2001 engine. I'm not even counting DayZ(3,601,442 owners(lowest price $30). the only reason why they don't implement modding in dayz is that it would make people mad that it runs like shit. I love both games but the Bohemia is just terrible

Czehoslovak devs in general are terrible. The truck sims have their own memes too.

I was considering trying out some arma3 sp mods tonight but fuck it.

Maybe ill just do some xplane, flying around in the carribean and pretending to be a 80's druglords pilot is fun.
Are there any good ship sims? I want to get cozy.

ded

I wanna fly

what did they mean by this

what are those small wing like things on that missile looking thing at the front window?

>pic related
oh my fucking god could you fucking not?
What the fuck even is that? Why is that necessary? What does it imply? What does it mean?

Fuck guys, this meme needs to fucking die.

Never thought I'd say this but loving IL2-CoD at the moment.

Maybe what TeamFusion and BMS proves is that the patrician way to sim is to wait between 5 and 20 years and then play maxxed out with mods.

Still got the Falcon 4 boxed edition from Christmas 1998. Best/worst value purchase ever.

I'll see you all in 2040 for some DCS action.

Don't feed them, they're not worth it

>prophanging for 25 seconds
>"realism"

>can't even see the speed the aircraft was at entering the climb
I know you were just shitposting but fucking kys

I don't know what it's called, but it basically acts like a weather vane and gives the computer/instruments air flow data like side slip.

>This is the US-made bomber A-20B, these aircraft were sent to USSR since December 1942 via the lend-lease program. A-20B had 2000 kg bomb load (up to 16 bombs in the internal bay and 4 outside) and had two machine guns for defense - 12.7 mm Browning M2 .50 and 7.62 mm Browning M2 .30. In addition, it was armed with two forward firing 12.7 Browning M2 .50 machine guns for some offensive capability.

At this point we can just be glad they have zero interest in making any kind of content/DLC for the Atlas life people

It looks so much better in dark gray

>no spitfire available in bos
why should i buy this game if it doesnt have best plane

cum

What's the era appropriate counterpart of the MiG-19? Is it the F-100?

Yes

there is though?

>hating on Novalogic, JANE's and Microprose games

this thread deserves the abyss and fuck back to R3ddit

and fuck the spam block, i say R3DDIT

Battle of kuban has spitfire

REAL SHIT

So this is how T-50 hides its compressor blades.

Are any of those old Apache sims worth trying in the current year? Pretty desperate for an attack helicopter sim

>minefields

you know while you're supposed to use the HF sonar to spot for mines, iceburgs, and other subs at close ranges

I still haven't actually played a mission that requires them and as far as I know the resolution from the return is actually pretty high

Been waiting for some news, my body is ready

smart people who buy FOTM to ban evade in 104th

its not on steam tho?

> Smart people
> 104th

YAK

No because it's not out yet you retarded fucking teeb

>gets called out on his unrealistic game
>KYS REEEEAEAEAEAEA

Well, that's okay then, as long as those people stay in 104th, and I can enjoy the game without trolls in other server

Anybody up for some shittery at 104th?

I'm shit at the game and have never flown with simg but what could go wrong

oh and you'll have to deal with my accent

is it a sexy accent?

German

so yeah

>MIG ded
>Yak somehow still alive