> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org
blender-models.com

> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

gamasutra.com/blogs/RaduMuresan/20150804/250403/Achieving_a_quotwalls_on_firequot_effect_using_simple_shader_changes.php
archive.klaxa.eu/Spring_2017/Matchday_3/15. - u vs r9k.mkv
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/311249569801568256/311414811244232705/image.png)
discord.gg/9P8GNW5
drive.google.com/open?id=0BwIVW_906HZLTXU5WVp4TUVtSDQ
discord.gg/9P...
youtube.com/watch?v=N-FsEzLBAuI
play0ad.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When does it get easier?

Hey everyone,

A friend of mine told me that my game needed to feel more "alive," that there was too much empty space and it needed more moving pieces.

Anyone particularly good with this sort of thing? I added birds but I feel like it needs something else.

Yeah, I refitted this to work with OpenGL shaders (as opposed to the Unity thing or whatever he's using):

gamasutra.com/blogs/RaduMuresan/20150804/250403/Achieving_a_quotwalls_on_firequot_effect_using_simple_shader_changes.php

I wrote a thing before to shake pixels up a bit and dump to files, but it doesn't look as nice / takes up a lot more space needlessly (see pic related).

Everyday it gets a little bit easier. But you gotta do it every day. That's the hard part. But it does get easier.

It's constantly getting easier, as long as you're devving. You just won't be happy doing easy stuff (unless you're really into shovelware tier shit somehow).

Why would I not be here?

Loving your aesthetic m80.

Differentiate the darkness in your foreground bloors with the darkness in the background, as it is it's kinda visually boring. I get the style you're going for and I like how the color pops but it's too visually sparse

aspiring engine dev here

>whodev shilling intensifies

Look up "juice it or lose it" on Youtube.

Looking good, but fix up your line art mate.

what engine are you using?

And here's the 4cc vg league update for today.
We're making models for a fake soccer tornament in PES17, if you don't know what that's about here's a video where a bunch of neckbeards take on lesbian animes archive.klaxa.eu/Spring_2017/Matchday_3/15. - u vs r9k.mkv
---
Progress is progressing, and I've started making accommodations for things like player portraits and such. Nothing is final here, if there's a meme/concept vital to /agdg/ you want to see represented shout it out. Still not sure if Nodev and Ideas guy should be the same player or different ones for example.
---
There's still time to submit a model even if you haven't done anything to date. If you have meshes importable to blender that use diffuse mapping and UV (see for all quirks: cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/311249569801568256/311414811244232705/image.png) and think it'd look funny on the head of a soccer player slide tackling a clown from space station 13 please post them in one of the links below! I'd like to have any meshes available before next Tuesday, to give the folks knowledgeable in importing these things to PES 17 some time to work. No pressure, no threshold for quality, give me your memes!
---
FAQ/submission Discord: discord.gg/9P8GNW5
Submission Google Drive: drive.google.com/open?id=0BwIVW_906HZLTXU5WVp4TUVtSDQ

Those are some dead memes boi

You mean like how Ittle Dew does it?

We have few enough memes we can use dead ones too

AGDG Gamejam#4 just started, the theme is Construction.

I'm having trouble thinking of an idea,

Any idea guys out there want to spitball some ideas at me?

>no singleton dog

genius penis

That's 15 out of 23 players, some of which might get dropped. Dog can still come (alone of course).

You play as god and rebuild earth

You know, it's weird agdg, but I feel like maybe I'm gonna make it. I just might make it.

t. about to abandon and start a new project

He should try harder. For someone who is making videos about marketing he has piss poor exposure.

hahaha

this is my game idea, pls don't sue me guys

How do you handle animations in a 3D engine vs sprite changes in a 2D engine? Is it basically just going animation=new_animation?

This isn't gamedev.

t. nodev

nice try m8

when you DO stuff

seriously, once you stop thinking about the things you should do and you just start doing them, they become far easier than what you thought it would be

Neither is this. Where is your progress post?

>if there's a meme/concept vital to /agdg/ you want to see represented shout it out
>No pressure, no threshold for quality, give me your memes!
>FAQ/submission Discord: discord.gg/9P...
This is really fucking gay and should stop immediately.

Typically 3D animations are blended together in some way, not just instantly changed like in 2D frame animation. This is because bones can be smoothly interpolated.

I don't disagree completely and thats why I post about it exactly once a day, and will stop once we hit the submission deadline on Tuesday. Don't worry just let the post pass over your head and return to progress.

I want to make Skyrim but better. Where do I start?

You can filter those posts because user uses the keyword 4cc in all of them.

How is that kind of thing handled in code though?

whats with all these little new gen kids today wanting to make dark souls and skyrim shit? fuck off

First you start with pong. Then you make an 3D first person open world RPG.

>tfw still trying to get the botan lib to work with ue4

develop something in openMW

I wish I was at unity devving.

He also, you know, has a tripcode specifically for this purpose

Is it a good idea to require a password to run a game for the first time, and put the password roughly in the middle of the instruction manual?

thats stupid

Just gives GPS coordinates for the location of a piece of paper with the password.

Or you could sell the password for $4.99 more.

You just need to read the manual user.

I don't understand.

Nah, I don't believe in DLC.

why cant I just play the game instead of treasure hunting for a password.

it's like you want to see how quickly someone can refund a game.

>why cant I just play the game instead of treasure hunting for a password.
To be able to play the game effectively you need to read the manual.

I haven't had to read a manual to play a game since I was 12. If you can't figure out a way to teach the player in-game, then your game isn't worth my time.

I assume it'd be bad to try to do C# and C++ at the same time so which should I start with? Please no start with C meme

Which engine do you use?

Requesting NEETdev status and old cool webms

A brief instruction manual is much more efficient than an in-game tutorial.

added visible weakening progression to shield (decay faster for preview purposes)
also some other visual tweaks

Start with Assembly. Gotta learn the basics first.
Start with C++ and stick with it. You can switch to C# later if you want, but starting with the higher level languages is the worst meme.

I'm not taking out your goddamn manual

>Need some specific ass assets for my game
>Now spend more time trying to make my models in blender than on the actual game

Lmao how does anyone make it

I want to make Skyrim but worse. Where do I start?

Still like your style. Keep it up user.

W-what user?

No it's not.
Most people learn better hands-on rather than reading and then trying to remember said material and applying it.

It's already hard enough to get people to read basic readme's which list the controls. I prefer to dive in and explore on my on.

I think you might want to make it more obvious when exactly the shield drops. Maybe by making the shield go entirely gray first (assuming I'm seeing it correctly and it's desaturating as it drains)

C&*, an intermediate of both.

They don't unless they are really good at what they do already
lmao

thanks
you're right, some sharper desaturation curve near the end could be good (and yeah, it currently does become more faded out as it progresses)
thanks for the suggestion

I've had it up to here

They posted a webm that looked like they'd gone back to the submarine game, maybe 2 weeks ago?

I don't understand user, the manual is just a one page document, you could read it quicker than waiting for prompts inside the game.

They're fun games my dude.

skeletons in space

Is it possible to easily have Unity or Godot run at a fixed fps like in game maker? I don't give a fuck about Fixing my timestep.

Todd's got you covered senpai, TES VI soon

what engine are you using again

That's called vsync and any engine is better at dealing with framerates than GM.

yes

There's literally a FixedUpdate() method in Unity. Read the documentation when using an engine ffs

HaxeFlixel

Hmm? I don't get what that means

Thanks!

Yea I'm watching it right now. Thanks for this!
I don't know about the lines, though, lines can have thickness in different areas.

You guys okay editing a text file if you want to change controls?

You give enough fuck to reply.

>there will never be an indie game dev who makes a Age of Empires successor

there was this
youtube.com/watch?v=N-FsEzLBAuI
but the ks failed

There are no male devs here.

that's a dead as fuck game
It needs something anything to make it stand out

There are plenty of girl(male) devs

I am male (female).

I used to try to be, but nobody believed me.

Nonsense.

play0ad.com/
?

Fuck it, my game will just have an empty textbox for gender

I'll have you know I look really great in a skirt and blouse. I've tried it before, being skinny and small is the best for this.

There was honestly never a time that was okay. Even DOS games had a proper setup prompt.

>all the choices are still just male or female
>can only choose to have a penis or not, no choice to have a vagina or not

>can't choose both become pregnant and get others pregnant at the same time
lame

>not having futa sims

I was posting a related pic

>no choice to have a vagina or not
Astute observation, you could make bank in the outrage article industry