Wargame General /wgg/

>What is this?
A general for all strategic, operational, and tactical wargames that can't generate enough traffic to sustain their own generals.

>Attention Grabbing tags:
/wgg/ /sdg/ /rtt/ /rts/ /rtsg/ /tsg/ /mowg/ /mowassg/ /ctag/

>Example welcome games:
Steel Division: Normandy 44
Wargame: Red Dragon
Combat Mission
Call to Arms
Flashpoint Campaigns
Graviteam Tactics
Theatre of War
Men of War
Command: Modern Air Naval Operations
Armored Brigade
Close Combat
Steel Panthers MBT

>Introduction to Steel Division:
paradoxplaza.com/steel-division-player-guide/

>Graviteam Tactics Downloads:
pastebin.com/TwMLZQ6h
pastebin.com/cgWbuPSS

>Interesting history links:
Cold War military technology ads:
vintageadbrowser.com/military-ads-1980s
/wgg/ misc Cold War literature:
mediafire.com/download/zfm69f0k91pmf0y/wgg-lit-v1.3.rar
The Soviet Army: troops, organization & equipment
fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm100-2-3.pdf
USMC intelligence North Korea handbook:
fas.org/nuke/guide/dprk/nkor.pdf
Everything there is to know about the T-62:
thesovietarmourblog.blogspot.my/2015/12/t-62.html

>Teamspeak server
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Discord
discord.gg/dhAUVqp

>Legacy Wargame General pasta and game-info repository:
pastebin.com/70Nwcb5m
dropbox.com/s/lon0cgmjfqwq1oi/WargameRD_Hidden_Knowledge_Spreadsheet.xlsx?dl=0
docs.google.com/document/d/1UvBiH3lrCFzLYnRzNzF49yVtaNHYLfi7dgMpNE517RM/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mCpVpIBqaJg
youtube.com/watch?v=TqtehtSB0LI
matrixgames.com/products/587/details/The.Operational.Art.of.War.IV
discord.gg/dhAUVqp
discord.gg/Jyqq6tQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Let's nuke Poland twice so they don't do threadwars shit.

Previous Thread:

Stop buying meme tanks

Keep buying meme tanks

>player joins team game custom lobby
>axis is already full
>player leaves

like pottery

I got some back pay burning a hole in my wallet - does Men of War 2 have a good single-player campaign? Or a decent mod that adds some single-player elements? I have no friends.

>When a guy on the enemy team buys nothing but planes at the start

I'm glad that Eugen is very dedicated to realism in regards to the king tiger.

where's dem werhraboo at ?

>mfw flanking german tonks with m8s and m5s

Is DEFCON allowed here?

I just started playing it for the first time, it seems really interesting

I want to say yeah, but I'm not entirely sure. It seems more of a Grand Strategy game imo.

I wouldn't really car this a grand strategy

youtube.com/watch?v=mCpVpIBqaJg

If anything it reassembles Wargame in that you deploy assets, some stationary and some mobile, and then you have at it

it's not really any genre, it's just a miscellaneous strategy game. The problem is that like no one plays it so you won't get many talking about it on here.

DEFCON is inspired by the movie "Wargames"
So...
I'd say it's a Wargame, yeah.

God I love being American.

so you like being fat?

Too fat, but dangerous. The definition of America.

Jealous of our opulence? If you bend the knee and join NATO we'll ship you some meat so you can survive the winter.

I remember nuking Santa for a Steam event a few years back. Jolly fucker had it coming.

Are there osttruppen in the game?

Yes.

Do they have their own voice lines or are they just generic?

Voice lines are generic for the game in general. Usually each unit grouping has the same voice lines. I don't believe it will be any different for release.

The new british paras have some unique voice lines, you click on a paratrooper unit and they'd respond with "red devils, sir" or something along those lines.

God, if this the same like in wargame where every transport responds "do you need a taxi XDDD" in english/french/german I'm gonna fucking lose it.

At the very least when the soldiers sing songs they sing nation-appropriate ones, it was a bit surprising that a Soviet Hind pilot in 1985 would have enough American pop culture knowledge to reference a scene in a 1979 American film.

Wait, what song? What? I missed this.

They hum Ride of The Valkyries when you order them in on an attack run. It's a fun reference to this scene youtube.com/watch?v=TqtehtSB0LI but a bit unrealistic coming from a commie.

In SD units sing songs too, but ones that are actually period and faction appropriate. Brits have Long Road to Tipperary and Hang out the Washing on the Siegried Line, Germans have some other one I forget.

Panzerlied.

>Jagdpanther eats literally more than ten direct 14AP hits to its 15 front armor
>Not a single scratch on it
>Infantry fires at it once from the front
>Kill

What the flying fuck? Why the hell did that thing not die despite me panicking it THREE TIMES whilst firing upon it with all the damn anti-tank units I had? Why the fuck did it end up dying to goddamn 4AP riflemen? That was fucking bullshit. I'm refunding.

Penetration based on RNG : )

>the german tank cards are such a joke they had to give them the Firefly (A strong BRITISH tank) to even compete with the allies

What a fucking joke of a nation, no wonder they lost the war.

>4AP riflemam
Infantry AP is heat. It kills anything.

Bazookas are 17 AP not 4

>lol we r historically accurate ;)
>HEAT PENETRATES EVERYTHING GAISE

That's not the AP famalam :')

You're so fucking new aren't you? Is this your first game you autistic wehraboo?

Ba dum tisch

I'm going to refund this steaming pile of garbage now. You kids have fun with your dice roll simulator. I'm going back to Red Dragon.

>Autistic wehraboo

Nigger, I was the goddamn American player. It's unacceptable that a shitty fucking Rifleman squad with a bazooka can penetrate something anti-tank weapons SPECIFICALLY MADE to destroy this kind of shit can't, especially not when the stats say otherwise. Even IF that panther survived the goddamn barrage of armor piercing shells I fired at it, ALL of the crew would be DEAD AS SHIT by the end of the first fucking bout. Shrapnel and shit would have covered every inch of the fucking interior of it, killing literally everything. But no, we wouldn't want to be historically accurate, now would we? Oh wait, that's a major selling point. Lying Frenchies go in the bin.

>You kids have fun with you dice roll simulator
>I am going back to red dragon

Jagdpanthers were no tougher than a Panther, and Bazooka are anti tank weapons you imbecile, specifically made to destroy tanks.

Non-penetrating effects is a problem for nearly every strategy game, they don't get it. Same for red dragon. Penetrating something with a 125mm ATGM missile would mean everyone inside would be pretty dead too. Not just take a few HP damage, unless you think that's more realistic.

Thing is, if I keep on firing ATGM missiles at it, I will get an assured kill (as I rightfully should, because I am using anti tank weaponry to counter a tank). This is closer to what happens in real life (death after a few hits instead of no death at all). This is not as RNG based (I can calculate how many hits I need to kill it).

If Steel Division's shit implementation is taken to this scenario, I could fire a billion ATGMs and not get a single kill. I could use anti tank weapons against a tank and not get any reward for doing so. The enemy would not get punished for exposing his weapon to its natural counter, not in the slightest. Do you think that's fun? Well, you go ahead and have your fun then.

Personally I'm more concered about the rifles with 800 HE.

>Not outfitting an infantry squad with 8 Davy Crocketts

That's the ammo count you mong.

chuckled

>pepe meme
>no understanding of how the game works
>Bazooka isn't an anti tank weapon
>Anything dies if i hit it 10 times with the lowest possible shape charge
>This is realistic
>Haven't realised that RD uses the same system as SD44 it just has health bars.
>The enemy would not get punished for exposing his weapon to its natural counter
>Meanwhile in RD rocket planes swoops in to kill AA
>35 point light tank destroys heavy tank because it's in a forest and AP scales 600% with distance.
>A meta that is so bad that tanks developed with 6 years apart in the cold war are referred to as Medium and Heavy tanks.

Lol thats me hehehehehehhehehehehhehe. Want to know the truth? it wasnt an emergency

Are you retarded, thats the ammo count

>Still looking for a game that simulates Afghanistan, Iraq and Gaza warfare.
>simulates

Well you're looking in the wrong direction, there's plenty of games that simulate those, but most likely you won't be able to handle the chore of moving hundreds of counters every turn, 90' vintage looks and UI.

Apart from what that user above said on top of my head there's Steel Panthers: Main Battle Tank, The Operational Art of War III and Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985. Also Call to Arms and Syrian Warfare deserve a honorable mention when it comes to more accesible gameplay.

Also just visited Matrix website and there's this matrixgames.com/products/587/details/The.Operational.Art.of.War.IV
Was about to get hyped a little, but then I've read the new features and seen the screens. It's pathetic, all changes are what should honestly be a patch and they've somehow managed to make the interface look much worse than late 00's one.
Would probably worth (at least pirating) it if they'd really fix all the scenarious since all the modern ones I've tried to play in late TOAWIII versions were essentially broken.

>have a good single-player campaign

No, it's horrible and remotely interesting only if you play coop.

But they've rereleased some of the older MOW title with proper campaigns on MOWAS2 engine, for single you should get that. I didn't play it though, so can't be sure if it's good.

World of Tanks is made by Wargaming studio so yeah, its a wargame you dipshit.

I've actually seen this in YouTube comments.

About the Defcon - it's good, but I presume only in MP and if there's anyone playing its MP now they're all too good to enjoy it for a new player.

>TOAW4 news
Finally. When I tried to play TOAW3 the UI felt quite uncomfortable, so I basically want TOAW4 just for the graphical update.

I hope they add czech voices for the osttruppen and spanish voices for nueve (at least just the accent), that would be rad.

Allegedly some of the Canadian units will speak with Quebecois accents, so they might do that too.

You should reduce the size of the image. It's good though.

Nice. You gonna post that on your tumblr?

I already did. You just responded to the post.

Autism the post.

>The game isn't even out yet
>Achieving balance through further patches is impossible
>Balance = Historical accuracy
>Implying he REALLY wants historical accuracy, spending his game as a German hiding tanks in bushes until night falls or until a storm arrives that would ground the Allied war planes.
>Having panzer division Lehr bombed out by 1500 allied planes.

Balance ≠ Historical Accuracy

>expecting realism from a multiplayer gookclick tier RTS title
lol

>Expecting historical accuracy from a game that claims to be historically accurate eleven times on their Store page

They made the claim to be historically accurate. Not me.

>believes marketing
>ever
LOL
O
L

>90mm guns
>Terrible punctuation
>FORMIDABLE TANK DESTROYER
>Constantly marketed
>eugen this latest patch is completely unacceptable
>Account for the slope of the unsloped Tiger 2 armour
>Roman numerals
>Now that Germans are here I see that they are not the kruppstahl i wanted.
>/really/

When i refund games i just tell them i get bad FPS.
I hope whom ever reads this denies your refund just because of how asinine this request is.

Also someone needs to make a meme out of a poor valve tech supporter having to read your rant about 90mm guns and Jagdpanther superiority. Some poor fucking guy from west coast USA is going to wake up to this drivel and force himself to try and remotely comprehend what the fuck you're talking about. Probably before he even gets his first cop of work coffee, you inhumane shit.

Shouldn't work in tech support if you can't take the bants. Shouldn't work in marketing if you describe your shitty game as historically accurate when it clearly isn't.

Well I got it somewhere with this size and noticed it's huge after I've uploaded. I can speculate that it's size is somehow related to extreme advertising meme.

How much of a retard one should be to buy competitive real time tactics with fire ranges capped at 1200, infantry squads firing all guns while being reduced to 1 soldier, no mechanics of shot angle or even a separate turret and hull whatsover and instant air and artillery support and expect a 'historically accurate wargame"? It's like you've never actually played a proper wargame desplite bitching about 'really liking WWII'.

>M36 in the Invasion of Normandy
>Didn't arrive til October 1944

Neither did the Jumbo :o)

They should have both or none desu

>Tech support was made for bantering.
You're killing me.

Wait a second, are you Exhentai Bob the Clapper?

I don't think it is, it's just easier to photoshop in large resolution, though sometimes people don't resize when done.

>tfw forgot the meta fleet composition that rekt everything online

refunded steel dibision

More like steel addition to my steam wallet lmao

>tech support bants
Does anyone have the SPMBT (or another slav game) post? I think it was a prince of nigeria ticket, pretty sure it was posted before /wgg/ died

wow holy shit fuck Robz mod. Why is this wehraboo shit so popular?
There was literally one single game running Vanilla last night, so I decided to download Robz you cant find any other games. Big mistake

two wrongs don't make a right

this logic resulted in Meme Dragon

One wrong sure as hell doesn't make a right either.

Well no
>Have both, cutoff is now October 1944
>Have neither, their cutoff is August 1944 like they said

>first time playing combat mission
>given a platoon of completely fucking green Brits and told to take a farmhouse to secure it as a step-off point for the larger attack later in the day
>told that I will have no artillery or armor support, just one shitty 2" mortar and a guy named "Dolan", carrying a bunch of explosives, who calls himself my "assault section"
>send 3 Section to the left side of the farmhouse, instruct to wait for signal behind hedges before engaging
>2 Section goes to the right, same instruction
>1 Section and myself straight up the middle with Dolan, give him orders to blow a hole in the hedgerow in front of the objective and prepare to dynamic entry this shit
>Dolan takes his sweet time setting up explosives, 3 and 2 Sections in position, 2" mortar ready to support
>putonyourmurdermittens.jpg
>Dolan's exuberant application of high explosives blasts a whole the size of an Opel Blitz in the hedgerow, 1 Section's Bren gunner immediately starts laying down fire
>3 and 2 start suppressing farmhouse
>2 guys from 1 Section each eat a 9mm round as the German NCO that (presumably?) is in charge of defending this farm sprays MP40 rounds blindly into the breach
>Dolan curls up into a ball and starts screaming
>2" drops 3 rounds into the farmhouse, killing or panicking most of the Germans
>Only the Jerry NCO is left, he's sitting in a shell-hole at the back of the property, his friend dead next to him
>Decide to finish this one off directly
>pic related
Motherfucker just sat there looking through his binoculars. Wouldn't move, even when we were standing right next to him. Can only imagine what sort of therapy he will need after this. Shot him in the leg, looted farmhouse for tea and tea-related accessories.

PBEM with me

SPMBT is not slav, pretty sure you're referring to Graviteam.

They have notoriously retarted guy in charge of 'community management' so to say.

Read on Steam or on their forum a polite, well-written post by some guy who felt that AI artillery feels too fast to respond and too accurate in Mius (thats pretty much true) with answer in lines of "lol l2p everything is right and realitic you are wrong".

And other shit like that.

>Slav devs
>massive cunt in charge of community management

This is a recurring theme

Agreed. But

>They should have both or none desu

is still retarded. There shouldn't be any OOTF units, fin. If they aren't gonna delete the one that's already in, and they won't, best we can hope for is that it's just a one-off bullshit and we won't see another ever again.

I'm not using an updated version. I'm still on 3.0.

My memory's a mess but after checking for a while it seems like it could be the Steel Beasts Pro staff, dunno if it was posted in /wgg/ or /simg/ back then.

As for the graviteam community management, I agree it's a mess. They seem quite temperamental.

SD44 release when?

>tfw still on 2.0 because I dont want to pay for a patch

When will the Combat Mission kikes make a pacific front game?
Or is it too much work since they just make new maps and stick the already complete factions in there then sell it for $80

Have you checked rutracker?

>>Discord
>discord.gg/dhAUVqp

wrong discord
The real discord link discord.gg/Jyqq6tQ

Well SBP isn't slav either.

I think its more about genre specifics, nobody cares about positive image since there won't be a shitshorm on twitter when they act like douches. So community management gets done by some grumpy coder sob part-time.

The 2 links go to the same server you braindead weeb

>no reinforcements
h-how

yeah lol I too hate using more than one tank and plane type haha

What did he mean by this