Red pill me on the IS300

Red pill me on the IS300

You're guaranteed to buy one that's been absolutely abused unless an old person owned it, and then it's an auto

it's relatively slow, but comfy, and reliable. the 2JZGE is not gonna take as much power as the GTE without substantial upgrade. factory 5-speeds are unicorns (5%?) and hilariously overpriced. good cars if you get one for cheap, but subject to ricer abuse as said.

Would it be comfy for a DD? I don't really care if it's auto or not because I have my manual fun car.

Be warned that the manuals suck ass in these cars reliability wise.

It's the cultural version of a WRX but without the vaping.

yes

one of the last decent looking toyotas before they went full retard with this shit

Get the sportcross.

that's only because manualfags are inherently assholes when it comes to driving because they assume manual=racecar.

There is a sc400 in decent condition with 220k miles near me going for 2k. Do I just turn 360 degrees and walk away or is there still life in it?

>Redpill me

Go back

Get an Altezza instead.

I fucking love the wagon version. One of the best fucking cars ever made imo

It's a nice car.
I honestly love driving it even with the automatic transmission.
Just be sure to get one that isn't riced out, which is pretty common.

SUPER comfy daily driver.

How, from what I see there're completely different.

Don't get silver unless they're asking nothing.

black interior seems more rare and desirable

Sticky dash issues unless its 01. 01 used plastic and people apparently complained.

01 has an easier ecu to turbo with, but you can apparently buy a 01 ecu and send your ecu to someone that'll swap some stuff inside for about $200 to make your key work with the ecu. I'm not sure if you lose any features doing this, like 04 has a maintenance light, but who cares.

It's not as easy as you'd think to turbo it despite having the 2j

It gets bad gas mileage for the power, expect 20mpg and you need to use premium.

The cars can take crazy abuse so I wouldn't worry about that. Find one that has service records.

The 2jzge doesn't have the same rods as the 2jzgte so you need to upgrade those if you turbo it. Then you have the fun Lexus ecu to deal with. I think you need to run it no matter what.

It has a lot of torque and the power from 40 onwards is good.

They all suck from a dead stop even if they're turbod.

You can put the mk3 supra lsd in if the is300 doesn't have one

If it has an aftermarket headunit they had to bypass the factory amp and the rear speakers wont work

The 1jzgte vvti swap is very simple but if you want more than 400hp to the wheels you shouldn't do it

>The 1jzgte vvti swap is very simple but if you want more than 400hp to the wheels you shouldn't do it

what???

Lovely cars. One of the lastest sportsy 4door cars.

One of the last lightweight RWD 4 door sedans that can be used for trackdays with no big modifications nor issues.

That being said, the N/A 2JZ is pretty fucking slow.

IMO i just love the design of the car.

Every. Single. IS300 I've seen is either owned by an Asian (a shitty one too; filipino) or a Mexican (then again, same thing) who's beat the shit out of it.

Not worth man.