Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12996782
twitter.com/AnonBabble

G O B L I N S

WE MATRIX NOW

>temple guard
>not guarding temple
more like Slann Guard amirite

What is your personal favorite TW game, /twg/?

Chariots.

Warhammer.

Followed by Attila.

Then the rest in equal amounts. Apart from Empire/Napoleon because line warfare is awful.

Warhammer

FOTS
With Attlia and Warhammer behind.

Fantasy and history together as friends.

Shogun 2. I can enjoy that game with no mods whatsoever.

Warhammer and Medieval 2 are close, but that's only with mods.

United against the /gsg/ menace.

FotS, then probably Warhammer.

How's Attila? I'm not too huge on that point in time, but struggling to survive as a roaming warband sounds pretty fun.

>he doesnt play every game there is
Pleb

I don't find spreadsheets that interesting senpai.

Its the best TW game overall that isnt Warhammer.

And the few last DLCs add some actual unique factions for once, mainly the Sand Empires.

Need your advice on what to do lads

Right now most of my armies as carthage have a core of late carthaginian hoplites, with mercs supporting them. My hoplites keep getting their shit pushed in however, and I am wanting to replace them. The problem is, I don't know what to replace them with.

>Libyan Inf
Probably the most practical choice, and historically accurate as well - the phalanx is being made obsolete by the roman maniple, so if you can't beat em join em. My main issue would be that they are boring to use, and would make my use of merc swords (scutarii, noble fighters) redundant

>African Pikes
Have never used these guys, but Carthage has the tools to make pikes work - excellent mercs to complement with their melee inf options/balearics, and elephants are best used with an anvil like pikes. Of course I would lose some offensive capabilities, but merc inf can make up for that. Can lead to boring battles though

>Sacred Band
Double down on the hoplite aspect - would require me to get the tech and build the t4 barracks to get them, but I would assume they wouldn't get roflstomped as badly as carthaginian hoplites

Thoughts?

Attila

Very good

You should.

>being so shallow you dont enjoy every genre
I pity you

Total War: Cao Cao

Soon™

Why do they look so happy?

>wh2 comes out
>playing quickbattles
>opp picks dwarfs
>pick tk
>all chariots + 1 screaming skull to shoot the blobs that form

they are doing what they love

They're riding chariots, the greatest vehicle to have ever existed.

Warhammer. Who knows what the future might hold however.

Goblin Dabbing

I gave it some thought, and for your answer I would say the the greenskins as a whole only use their "cities" as glorified fortresses from which to defend from or attack other greenskins/dwarfs and as a rallying point for gathering Waaghs, that is to say if you were to try and strategically play like the greenskins as they would conduct their campaigns, it would mean that you once you got your Waaaghs going you would leave your settlements unprotected and move all your armies as one unified force attacking and raiding until you either ran out of cash or your enemies rallied against you, maybe occupying the odd dwarf hold along the way for replenishment if you have a "smart" warboss, bonus points to be added if you destroy all big boss tents just as you're setting out to educate the humies and spiky gits on the finer points of Orc philosophy. If you want to simulate the branching off that waaghs tend to do, then I would story time it with /v/ as they're sufficiently retarded enough to send your various armies off to die for no good reason.

kys

Why aren't the lizardmen feathered

They're lizardmen not dinosaurmen.

silly the Slann IS the temple

They magicked them away.

>Apart from Empire/Napoleon because line warfare is awful.

Shit taste tbqh.

how can i get the campaign version of Ancient Empires for Attila?
Are there any other good mods to turn Attila into what Rome 2 should've been?

CA. I has a idea theory adout Rome 2 moved to Attila.
All fans wants new features add family tree and politics into Rome 2 from Attila but did not
for Rome 2 is rubbish game. Attila lot overhaul than Rome 2 is fails!!!
I can said adout Rome 2 campaign DLC as "mini campaign". Forget it CiG, HatG and WOS is NOT important!
When Rome 2 add into Attila it mini Rome 2 campaign will be LOT features and overhaul.
Factions must be less numbers 6 or 5. Rome, Gaul, Britannia, Germania, Greek and Eastern but no more.
Rome 2 get overhaul into Attila is smart than we wait Rome 3.
IF CA release DLC in Attila we don't need play Rome 2!
We wants CA must hear my idea.
If you agree must your hand up like school!

kys

Line warfare is fucking awful

It was a period of history where generals made and followed 'honorable' rules of warfare that rendered it utterly fucking retarded. Not to mention all the 'best' battles were just a colonial power obliterating some entirely underarmed force and pretending it was a great victory.

Even the Bronze age was more interesting than this awful period in human warfare.

this.
i will never dig Empire or Napoleon simply because i know line warfare is retarded shit. its hard to believe its was used for this long.
and FoTS completely broke Shogun 2 online since was matched with people who didnt have FoTS so im gonna hate that one forever.

I appreciate Atilla for trying to make the series harder, but a lot of the things it introduced to make stuff more complex seem a bit hamfisted and not really that interesting or fun to interact with, which is why I end up liking warhammer more (also, because turns are much faster)

i like Rome 1 a lot for this reason of charming simplicity
i dont have to care about choosing the skills of my generals. the skillss are automatically put from their battle actions, their location, and sheer chance

It's me or Helf shields look like shit

I think there is something seriously wrong with the lighting on that map. It was the same map for the Lizardmen trailer.

Or at least I hope so because you're right they look odd as fuck

hahaha what the fuck is this some kind of joke hahahaa a fucking lizard hahaha nigga what, did people actually pay for this

Does that bageutte horse have a dragon dildo for a dick.

I would like you to die.

i'm fucking dying

Will that come before or after the Romance of the three kingdoms mod for Warband?

>Hilarius Niger (comes) (confident)

Almost sounds like a radious unit

Is bannerlord ever getting released?

No. TW is a very poorly managed company.

>Etrusican league in charge of navy

Rest in peace, Hilarious Virius Niger, you were a worthy foe.

I am having trouble figuring out how chariots were actually used in battle. Wikipedia said they were used to taxi troops to the front line or something. Also it has occured to me that i have never used them in warhammer

There's confirmed they're gonna be at E3 this year at least. Hopefully we finally get a release date.

Chariots were mostly used before horse raiding became widespread.
I'd guess they were just used for skirmishing with javelins or bows, and also to maybe intimidate less advanced enemies.

They've*

Fug

>He doesn't understand why line battle were the way they were
>Must have been stupid people and their stupid honour
>Clearly it was only due their white privilege and exceptional evilness they came to rule the world
>Good thing we abandoned all that silly stuff and are progressive now
You'll see the power of a firing line soon enough faggots.

>tfw will never stick my face in her thighs
why life?

Is it possible for the dwarfs to finish their book of grudges, or do they grudge at double the rate of their grudge-taking?

hahahaaha how the fuck is getting scammed even real hahaha just don't buy the game nigga like just close your wallet hahaha

you could say, that's a grudging

>It was a period of history where generals made and followed 'honorable' rules of warfare that rendered it utterly fucking retarded.

>he plays TW games, visits /twg/, and yet he can't figure out why infantry fought in formations
pic related, it's you
educate yourself brainlet

>Watching the Lizardmen roster reveal

I like it! Feral cold ones spam.

>It was a period of history where generals made and followed 'honorable' rules of warfare
>Not to mention all the 'best' battles were just a colonial power obliterating some entirely underarmed force and pretending it was a great victory

Don't talk about an era you clearly know nothing about

Redpill me on chinkshit because its guaranteed to be the next historical title

Rome II

Attila

MINOTAURS BE AFRAID.

>yfw best part of modern total wars are cinematics and trailers made by polish magic
>yfw the gameplay itself is soulless and dull

>M-M-MUH I GUESS I WILL AUTORESOLVE ANOTHER TURN
literally the sid meier's civilization of our times

this

>battles fought manually: 12
>battles autoresolved: 247
>battles won: 243
>battles lost: 16
i literally play only the battles i'm supposed to lose anyway

Warhammer II probably since it has a favourite race in it and the campaign might be more interesting. As of now Age of Charlemagne and FotS.

Hope there are more crazy animations
It's the biggest reason why minotaurs are three best unit

>Age of Charlemagne was still not patched to this day and never will

CA literally shits on Veeky Forums fags

What needs patching?

They've confirmed release will be after Ancient Empires mod for Attila

Chinks get a morale bonus based on how deep a formation they are fighting in, and have the special ability to ignore friendly units obstructing missile fire.

They have great numbers and more advanced technology than their enemy, but have few answers to enemy cavalry and their individual soldiers are fairly worthless.

If you're looking for an interesting twist, try playing Norsca via Crynsos Faction Unlocker+ & Mixu's Norsca. I've been playing a Bjornling campaign tonight and it's been really quite fun.

Depends on what day you ask me.

You can hire Maiden Hunters. Missile infantry in light clothing giving them the flexibility to get out of tight situations.

There's 3 main candidate eras they could choose, warring states which is a massive time period, around 452-221 BC, Three Kingdoms 220-280AD or the Ming Dynasty 1400AD. The first period is the formation of China under one ruling dynasty out of 5 states, the second is a civil war in China that encompassed three states and the last is the first Chinese dynasty to follow after the Mongol government fell. The ming is more interesting in the wider sense of Asia though, with Korea and Japan.

The safest bet would be three kingdoms, since the most is known about Chinese warfare at that time, but maybe it'll be warring states with dlc for later dynasties.

>you can play the campaign any way you like
>but if you don't play the victory objectives another race will win (i.e. you lose)

>you should retreat lizardmen from combat so they can regen
>but a large proportion of the lizardmen roster rampages in combat, becoming uncontrollable

Seems like alot of contradictions...

Im fantastic in battles but I suck at the campaign map.
How to remedy?

Everything looks like shit, the lighting sucks, colours are super saturated

what about one set resisting mongol invasion (song dynasty?)

Speaking personally, the last time I really dived into Chinese history, the dynasty that really intrigued me was the Song dynasty, in particular the Southern Song. I'd love to see a game focused primarily around that.

>tfw the general is finally slowly going back to history

Took long enough

Glad to see you're still here, whining like a woman, non fucking stop, every goddamn thread you have to make sure we remember what a useless whiny cunt you are. Grow the fuck up.

Possibly, but the Song dynasty was totally incompetent so it's not a 'defining' era of Chinese history though it would be something like WRE in Attila. Depends if they are desperate for more horse archer escapdes. China did use horse archers fairly regularly though, specially in the northern gobi states like xialong.

Qing is where its at you fag.
Play as manchurian monarch and fight off endless doomstacks of white pigs.

LETS SETTLE THIS

strawpoll.me/12996782
strawpoll.me/12996782
strawpoll.me/12996782
strawpoll.me/12996782

So muh boi and gurren lagann Franz memes are based?

Was it Qing or Ming who spent a lot of time pissing around in Southeast Asia trying to keep them under control? That would be fun.

I don't understand what's the poll is measuring

Could be a little more specific, years from now CA will be launching TW:AOS.