Will Korean reunification happen in our lifetime, bros?

Will Korean reunification happen in our lifetime, bros?

possibly.... gonna be a huge shitshow the refugee crisis will be crazy

Never. Best and Worst Korea diverged too greatly. Even if the North's government completely collapses it still wouldn't make sense for the two to unify.

You seriously underestimate the emotional power of nationalism. They will reunify eventually

You overestimate the Koreans' emotional desire for unity.

Mr. Kim Jong Un, tear down this wall.

They won't. Political class in both countries is strongly against it. The Norks know that opening borders would immediately show the population that everything their state was built upon in one gigantic lie. This shit would kill them. Quite literally.

The Souths know that theres no possibility they could cope with the economic imbalance between the two parts. The Northern population is also incredibly alien, living for four consecutive generations under a Stalinist regime. These people are guaranteed to fail to adapt to a capitalist society and would become a source of problems for many decades. They would be nothing but welfare leeches and supporters of extreme parties.

I don't think that anyone takes political rambling about unification seriously anymore. It's more like American politicians mandatory claiming that USA is the best country on Earth, even though everyone but the dumbest know it's not the case.

With so many years apart, almost everyone who remembers one Korea is dead by now. Families on both sides no longer have any sentimental connection, considering that no one knows relatives from the other side.

Finally, I don't think China would ever allow such unification. Sure, the Norks are a burden and a source of embarrassment. But they are Chinas natural satellite. Any unification would essentially be the Norths annexation by the South. This would mean that America's satellite is now bordering China within close proximity to Beijing.

South Korea doesn't want the unification really and a whole new nationalism has been built around the South rather than just "Korea".

Don't the norks who realize their state is a lie stay quiet or get killed? Ie, the ones in charge genuinely believe the illusion.

Well, it kinda worked in Germany

Well East Germany was the wealthiest commie state and they had only been seperated for like 41 years unlike the Korea split that has been active for like 60 years and DPRK is by far more isolated and totalitarian then DDR ever was

>This would mean that America's satellite is now bordering China within close proximity to Beijing.
Surely part of the deal would be America removing their military bases from South Korea. All sides would be silly not to demand that (apart from the US obviously).
Anyway, Koreans like Chinese more than Seppos and their treacherous allies the Japs.

Do you think that South Korea would be so suicidal? With China starting to behave like a bully to her neighbours, American bases are the sole guarantee that China don't suddenly produce a map with her claims inthe Yellow Sea.

It's funny because South Koreans are trying to be this Azn Neutral Ground.

I think that when Best Korea collapses, it will be on a kind of semi-reunified limbo for a while. I predict a kind of special protectorate status, sort of like a colony, except with the eventual goal of full rights.

Well, it kinda didn't. East Germany is still a burden and moreover a breeding ground for political extremism. Plus, East Germany and other Warsaw Pact countries are completely incomparable to NK.

>Extremism
It's more like west Germany is extremely liberal

Yes, right now. But those who realise that are few.

Imagine the shitshow when suddenly all realise that. And the only thing they would need is to just visit the South and see the standard of living there.

pretty much all nork refugees have said that most people knows or suspects the propaganda is full of shit.
but they are to scared to do anything.
It's mostly the old that wherent young during or born after the great famine that still believes in the state propaganda.
There is a big black market in DPRK with foreign goods and the state don't even care to stop it anymore

>2016
>nationalism

Nah

Many Kpop stars will be raped by NK refugees

Can't wait for the wacky reality TV shows about medieval people integrating with modern koreans

East asians aren't as cucked by globalists as westerners are

South Korea is very on the fence about the cost of modernizing the north, but the north Koreans entire self identity has been built around reunification (albeit under the rule of an ludicrous despot)

There's a highly militarized dictatorship with large amounts of artillery in range of Seoul. Of course they don't want to antagonize anyone.

Never. The Pride and soul of the Korean people will cause the norks to break down weeping at first glance.

>how dare people love their nations

I bet you were the kid nobody liked and demanded to be allowed in games

Reread 1984. Similar concept.

>The Norks know that opening borders would immediately show the population that everything their state was built upon in one gigantic lie. This shit would kill them. Quite literally.
I think they're more aware of their situation than that. Western media making it into NK is a huge deal there and people sell American DVDs on street corners like crack. A significant portion of the civilian population surely knows most of what they're told is lies.

>Don't the norks who realize their state is a lie stay quiet or get killed? Ie, the ones in charge genuinely believe the illusion.
>pretty much all nork refugees have said that most people knows or suspects the propaganda is full of shit.
>but they are to scared to do anything.
>I think they're more aware of their situation than that.

There's a difference between suspecting/knowing that the state is lying to you and realizing that literally everything you know and grew up with is one big fat lie.

You guys might not know that. That's ok, you were most likely born in a capitalist country. I was born when my country was still communist. People back then claimed they didn't believe anything the government say, yet when the reality hit, they were absolutely shocked just how little they knew both about both their own country and the world outside it. They suspected that the economy isn't that good, that people in the West live better lives. In turned out the economy was in a state of complete collapse and that ordinary bluecollar proles in any Western country have a standard of living that was completely unimaginable. That our "great and durable" produce is complete shit, that our housing are mole burrows and everything that our grandparents and parents for over forty years just fell apart in a matter of literally hours.

And my country was semi-open European country that by large followed the Western cultural trends even while communist. The Norks live in Stalinism since 1940s.

China really has territorial aim for Korea. Chinese Korean relations will probably be pretty cordial if South Korea agrees to remove American bases and China will provide assistance to integrating the flood of refugees when unification happens.

>America not the greatest nation in the world
pleb

You overestimate koreans, greatly so my friend.

t. an actual korean.

Yes. Korea will be liberated from the capitalist pigs.

>he thinks I would let norks touch twice

Yes.

what country are you from?

Yeah, but that's a totally different situation from 1989

Poland

desperate for attention?
need that second reply that bad?
>>what country are you from?
well you got it