/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Soon™ Edition

Elder Thread: >Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/05/03/crown-store-showcase-may-2017
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/05/03/eso-morrowind--warden-developer-qanda

>Latest ESO Live
twitch DOT tv/videos/138714024

>Latest patch notes:
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/330377/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-7-10
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/344221/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-7-14

>Latest PTS (public test server) patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/340864/pts-patch-notes-v3-0-2/p1

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [Recently Started Guide]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl or @Zrifalas for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite
Alternatively, write you @username, platform and location in the thread

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BVviC0tfaHU
deltiasgaming.com/2016/07/13/eso-veteran-maw-lorkhaj-guide/
youtube.com/watch?v=ezm3s7WWOg0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder that NA PC guild will try normal Maw of Lorkhaj this week but we need to read and be prepared.

youtube.com/watch?v=BVviC0tfaHU

deltiasgaming.com/2016/07/13/eso-veteran-maw-lorkhaj-guide/

Hope to see you all on sunday. For more info when check the guild message of the day.

Thinking about buying this game? Is it fun?
I probably have to play it alone because friends say nonstop its a shitgame. So i hope its fun alone.

Reminder not to join the PC EU guild. By now they are probably drunk bullying people while smoking cigarettes.
If you insist on joining them even if they are mean & call you a nig or "n'wah" atleast try and convince them to start vaping instead.

If they fail to instakill me then I'm good for a bit, unless there's more than 1, it's just I loved the spears aoe for catching out rogues before they run off and try and jump me again down the road

break free, drink immovable, use your best bubble and/or heal, watch as they realise they've blown their load and you're bubbled and healed and about to shit in their cereal, nig

It went through a complete revamp and it has definitely improved. I've over 750 hours in it and still enjoy myself. The NA PC guild is pretty active if you want some friends and they constantly do content together. If you are in EU I'm not sure about their guild activity but at least I know they have bantz I've heard of people playing over 1000 hours without touching the multiplayer content so there's that if your autism only wants you to play single player

>If they fail to instakill me
playing on azuras instead of trueCP is good for that

MORROWIND IN THREE DAYS????

Yes. And I can't contain the hype

Thats good to hear. If i am fine playing alone i dont need anything else. Also i have bad experience about Veeky Forums guilds/crews. Most of the time it becomes a huge circlejerk.

And yes i am on the eu sadly.

>i am on the eu

>the hype
LOL
the disappointment is going to ass shattering, can't wait for the forum butthurt threads.

you know its a shitty cash grab that has less content then orsinium right?

enjoy being disappointed and wasting $60

>tfw i didnt read
Cant wait to ruin this trial too :D

goddammit

It's only 40 burgerbux from the official store, or 33 from official cdkey stores

Also one question from the almost new player guy. I have seen some gameplay videos but i am still not sure about that combat system. Can you dodge spells and hits with swords or are spells autoaim and sword hits hit you if you are in reach of them no matter what?

Everything minus very few spells are dodgeable and everything is blockeable

youtube.com/watch?v=ezm3s7WWOg0

hopefully this will clear any doubts

>Have to go into IC for master writ
>Join Hadereus, my usual campaign for this
>Make it to IC unmolested, don't see another soul
>Go to nobles district, no one
>Get to the nobles co quest crafting station door, ganked by EP faggot who is max CP
>My crafter has maybe 6 combat skills
>Figure they were there farming telvar, release and wait a few minutes
>Go back, again ganked, right at the door
>Tea bags my corpse
>Log out in my home base in the sewers, figure I'll try later
>Log in on a different character, new mail
>From the guy who killed me
>"GG EZ"
>Mfw

I just fear to be disappointed. I really enjoyed the combat system of Oblivion and the combat system from Morrowind was fine too. But right now everytime i think about combat system in a game i think about double click enemy till he is dead.

I just put in for my pre-order. I didn't even know about the early access until now. I'm pretty hyped right now.

ESO has the best combat of any TES game, lad. Unless you enjoy the left mouse button spam of the other games

Okay thats good to hear.

this research is so annoying.so many pieces so many traits.

Year and a half for them all!

someone give me a quick rundown of ESO? I honestly didn't know it existed before an hour ago when I saw it on twitch. Is it like skyrim online or what?

The distance between ESO and Skyrim is probably bigger than between Skyrim and Oblivion.

How do people animation cancel wrecking blow that fast? I use heavy attacks as well however alcast does it way faster

Macro

This. He's been accused of macroing for a while now. The guild he's in also has had people banned for using programs in Cyrodiil that lets them see invis targets and see people through walls.

pls read

>Upload magdk build
>Someone points out he's using a macro because the keys for the abilities are being pressed despite him showing the inventory
>Close comments
>Take down video
>A few hours later upload a new magdk video with 4k less dps

>eternal smoke break

I did the daily crafting writs. After that I took a 5 hour smoking break.
Feels good man.

Fucking EP

They really need to add a debuff or a player limit to stop this shit.
Also yellows seem hellbent on fucking over blues for reasons I cant understand.

>They really need to add a debuff or a player limit to stop this shit.
There is a player limit.

Because of the asian invasion months ago. Bunch of chinese botters rolled DC, and would zerg en mass after hours to farm AP to convert to shit to sell, fueling gold sellers. They would all run two hander heavy attack builds or bow builds. Basic macros, you could defend a keep with 4 or 5 people against their 50 - 60 person zerg easily. Eventually they all got banned, but DC still has a bad rap.

Is this game any fun? I'd like to have something to kill time with until the path of exile expansion and FFXIV just isn't cutting it.

Don't worry, there's a crown store item that will let you complete your research instantly soon!

You can fuck right off because Green Team was pulling this shit last night. Ganging up on ONE FUCKING KEEP
You can suck my ass desu

Green team? Did you have a stroke, sempai?

Yellows and Blues working together.
REMOVE BLUE

When red owns the map, what do you expect?

Yellows might work with blues until they randomly backstab fucking over the green alliance letting the ep zerg take the map.

If you bought Morrowind PC through GMG check your email, just got my code.

That the reason you have a 3 faction PvP system, so if 1 team is top/dominating hard then the two shitter teams can tag up to bring you down a peg.

Idk how it works on NA but EU there is regularly unspoken tag-teams to drop the fucker who's on top.

teenagers were a mistake

>but DC still has a bad rap.
>tfw DCfag

Is it Azura EU? Because I haven't played in months but greens gonna green.

Newfag here, what faction has the funnest or most interesting questlines? I know you can do them all but i want to know which to do first and last

DCfag since beta, refuse to change now. unless everyone in tesog rolls wardens of a specific faction then maybe

Same sempai. Crafter is AD, all of my other characters are DC.

I think there was an endeavor to roll wardens with bear mounts and bear costumes, as well as people who use that baby silt strider mount that's like 15 feet tall.

DC feels the most consistent. AD made me wanna join the bad guys, but Raz kept me on the path of light. Doing EP now, in the swamps. Not even sure whats going on at the moment, Dominion is eating Argomelette du fromage or something.

I can lmao3bear and I'm probably doing Lizard Magwarden and Orc Stamwarden.

I think we decided on AD or EP I forget.

this question gets asked a lot.

imo, DC > EP > AD, for zones and quests, though i adore the Rift and Eastmarch above all others for scenery and culture. but that's just me. it's complicated.

but Emeric, the leader of the Covenant, is objectively the best leader. everyone loves Emeric. cute interactions with his chocolate wife, the inability to pronounce "skeletal," being a total fucking bro, and being voiced by Bill Nighy. everyone loves Emeric.

Why is Jorunn so fucking terrible.

>baby silt strider mount
if only they weren't the weird flee version

i can't express how sad it makes me, man. i so badly want to like him. i don't dislike his actor. but he was absolutely the wrong choice for Jorunn.

Hey, they're still fucking enormous.

>DC > EP > AD, for zones and quests
this is objectively true

>Emeric, the leader of the Covenant, is objectively the best leader.
this too

Yeah, he sounds like he's talking with a mouth full of marbles.
The pig fucking certainly didn't help either.

i laughed, at first, but i ended up being genuinely uncomfortable

Because you never interact with him until the very fucking end of EP

Ayrenn and Emeric and on your dick for all of the other campaigns.

I guess it goes to show just how irrelevant he is in the Pact, or at least what an awful leader he is. He's got the DC straight up landing invasion forces and pulling skinwalker 5th column shit on his defensive line, the AD trying to eradicate all Argonians and the most obvious plague cult in the world rubbing their ass on his land and he's too busy getting hammered in Eastmarch? He can't even bother to visit?

>AD, the SJW faction. Worst faction leader, she went off to Whiterun to ride the nord cock carousel and take barbed khajit cock, came back just as her brother, who stayed and did his duty, was to be crowned king and demanded that she be given the crown since she was the eldest sibling. Old king agrees, brother is furious, but does his duty, then Ayrenn has his wife killed. Pretty much every zone story revolves around finding a new leader for each faction, because why the fuck not. Only one who doesn't get replaced is the wood elf king, but he shows up for 3 minutes. Also, fuck all of their zones, they are so fucking annoying to traverse with impassable mountains. Want to go 2 miles to the east, better take the path 10 miles south to go east, or else you'll spend an hour trying to climb geometry up the mountain side.

>EP, the "I love skyrim!" faction. Degenerate ERP scum that hang out in taverns and the docks in Riften and spread their venereal diseases. Jorunn isn't badly written, but his VA was a horrible choice. You flip flop between seeing how horrible each of the races are to each other, only to squander any sympathy with the next quest where the downtrodden race are actually daedra worshipers that use babies as condoms or some shit. Besides that, the overarching theme is ok, the races aren't on goo terms with each other, but they need to be allied to stand a chance against the other two factions. Story kind of falters between ok and bad.

>DC, proud warriors and noble savages. Overall the most consistently good story and likable characters. Setting starts off a bit more generic fantasy then gets into desert hijinks. Faction leaders and supporting cast are all bro tier. Sure, the alliances may not fully trust each other (orcs are waiting for a chance to reclaim land that they lost in a war led by Emeric), and the other races don't trust the orcs, but they still respect each others strength.

This should be in the scrub guide in OP

I agree, but you could add that DC has the worst ending zone that just seems unfinished, and a lot of their environments seem really generic even if the quests are fun.
DC a best, but all factions are shit, ok at times.

>Nord leader is too busy getting drunk and hideing from his big brother who he somehow beat

>Dark Elves are more interested in inter house squabbles and kwama eggs to provide leadership

>Argonians have no real government and are governed at most by Trees and even the Trees fight each other.

Three races known to dislike outsiders and each other even more. Brought together purely because they were getting fucked by the Akaviri.

Why is my faction so bad guys?

I want them to all get fleshed out more.

>see argonian beggar
>talk to him, expecting him to ask for money
>#shotsfired instead

>Erects the spine of smugness

S E N D H E L P

what is the meaning of this?

As far as Zenimax knows I'm not preorderd but my money isnt in my account

I dont want to pay this much if i lose all my bonuses

see the kids listen to the rap music

on a somewhat related note, what's with all the beggars you meet who don't actually have a conversation option to give them any money? or don't have proper conversation at all? so you just have to feel bad and walk away while feeling bad.

i'm glad for NPCs like the couple under the bridge in Davon's Watch, though their story makes me genuinely sad every time i think about it. at least i can give the poor things some gold.

Use the Coin of Illusory Riches near them to alleviate the guilt.

Ask support and send the rest of that picture as proof.

Need advice on magsorc skill rotation and animation cancelling.
I manage to get better gears with more stats but my dps is didn't rise much at all when tested on skeleton dummy, please help.
I'm using recount mod for dps calculation atm.

Pretty bill bump

This is worth around 4 or 5 dlls

that some kind of discount mexican les paul?

>in middle of pledge with cp 300 tank, cp400 dps and cp700 dps
>Darkshade Caverns II
>get to Grubull the transumuted
>spend around 15 minutes until the boss gets to 50%
>we wipe because no one was attacking the adds
>find out I was second place in damage dealing
>I'm the healer
>suddenly get disconnected

mfw I won't relog until later

y-yes

it was the first thing I had at hand to hold the side of the bill that was making it fold so Raptor could see it

I'm putting everything in spoilers since it's unrelated to the general and seems like bad manners to me to do otherwise :^)

I hate darkshade 2. I just don't run it unless I'm with my guild. Same with mazzatun.

>join a random dungeon as a magsorc dps
>jCoH
>The team has such a high dps I have trouble keeping up with them
>Bosses don't last much longer than a large mob
>Everyone is on fucking point
>Finish map in a few minutes
>Not one word said the whole time in chat
After spending the last handful of dungeon runs as the only person who knew what the fuck they were doing, this was so nice

Wait till you find a good guild
>2 dd both bringing 45k dps each
>6 key pledge run in under 40 mins
>vWGT no death and speed run in one
>planar boss dead before portals start spawning
I'll never forget that day.

M'Aiq does not know this word. You wish others to help you in your quest? Coward! If you must, search for the Argonian Im-Leet, or perhaps the big Nord, Rolf the Uber. They will certainly wish to join you.

Seen some elves? Hahahaha. Goodbye bedroll.

I hope they remake this exact scene in ESO

>skipping mechanics
casul as fuk desu lad

Redpill me on argonians and khajiit. Are they really both just scum and inferior races?

Pretty much. The gypsy cats are even scummier though.

Khajiit, yes. They're all liars and drug addicts. They had some empire long ago but never managed to become much of anything since. Also they have a functioning moon colony.

Argonians are remote controlled drones controlled by the Hist pretending to be real people for reasons unknown. That Argonian that wants to fuck your ass? That's really some tree with a smoothskin fetish.

Everything's an inferior race compared to glorious Altmer.

>Glorious Altmer that do nothing but take the barbed cock and engage in cannibalism
Nice job AD.

nothing wrong with either of those things desu

Bosmer need to GET OUT