Why was Timothy McVeigh so disenchanted? Were the 90's not the greatest time to be alive?

Why was Timothy McVeigh so disenchanted? Were the 90's not the greatest time to be alive?

Other urls found in this thread:

vanityfair.com/news/2001/09/mcveigh200109
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw Tim was right but killed kids so no one cares

He was mentally ill.

Because he was a Wacjob.

>90s

No he wasn't. Have you read his letter to Fox? He explains it all.

>please do not start threads about events taking place less than 25 years ago

>Massive government overreach
>Shitty economy
>No internet
>War

What made it the greatest time?

>MUH WACO
>MUH WUBY WIDGE
Right-racist angry that his government took steps to eradicate dangerous criminals.

>Additionally, borrowing a page from U.S. foreign policy, I decided to send a message to a government that was becoming increasingly hostile, by bombing a government building and the government employees within that building who represent that government. Bombing the Murrah Federal Building was morally and strategically equivalent to the U.S. hitting a government building in Serbia, Iraq, or other nations. (see enclosed) Based on observations of the policies of my own government, I viewed this action as an acceptable option. From this perspective, what occurred in Oklahoma City was no different than what Americans rain on the heads of others all the time, and subsequently, my mindset was and is one of clinical detachment. (The bombing of the Murrah building was not personal , no more than when Air Force, Army, Navy, or Marine personnel bomb or launch cruise missiles against government installations and their personnel.)

Give me a fucking break. I think discussing the Oklahoma bombings is Veeky Forums acceptable. You weren't even probably born then.

There was internet, I thought the economy was actually pretty strong and prosperous in the 90's and nobody in America's going to care about Serbia and Sudan getting bombed a million miles away, surely.

>based

This

He's retarded though. Murdering innocent people is inexcusable, doesn't matter if it's the U.S government that is doing it, or him.

>Were the 90's not the greatest time to be alive?

>race riots
>dot com bubble
>police scandals that make 2014-2016 look tame
>two idiotic presidents
>hostile FBI actions against whoever they were mad at that week

Yeah, they were peachy.

On the brightside we got
>fodder for vaporwave
>nickel cheeseburgers that one summer at McDuck

plus goldeneye 64

No one really had the internet in '95. That came the next year.

Although the recession officially ended in '92, it was still a couple years off the dot com boom.

No one cared about Serbia.

They did care about Ruby Ridge and Waco.

Violent crime was still peaking in lots of places in the early 90's though.

Plus the war in Iraq, which McVeigh was veteran of I think.

1986 - Present is really best described as a Second Gilded Age. You look back on the early portions of it and think: "Oh man, shit was so nice. I miss it." then you scratch the surface a little bit and realize that things were simultaneously better and yet so much worse.

He told us himself.

Waco. The Police State.

>I chose to bomb a Federal Building because such an action served more purposes than other options. Foremost, the bombing was a retaliatory strike: a counter-attack, for the cumulative raids (and subsequent violence and damage) that federal agents had participated in over the preceding years (including, but not limited to, Waco). From the formation of such units as the FBI’s “Hostage Rescue” and other assault teams amongst federal agencies during the 80s, culminating in the Waco incident, federal actions grew increasingly militaristic and violent, to the point where at Waco, our government—like the Chinese—was deploying tanks against its own citizens.

vanityfair.com/news/2001/09/mcveigh200109

… For all intents and purposes, federal agents had become “soldiers” (using military training, tactics, techniques, equipment, language, dress, organization and mindset) and they were escalating their behavior. Therefore, this bombing was also meant as a pre-emptive (or pro-active) strike against those forces and their command and control centers within the federal building. When an aggressor force continually launches attacks from a particular base of operations, it is sound military strategy to take the fight to the enemy. Additionally, borrowing a page from U.S. foreign policy, I decided to send a message to a government that was becoming increasingly hostile, by bombing a government building and the government employees within that building who represent that government.

>Bombing the Murrah Federal Building was morally and strategically equivalent to the U.S. hitting a government building in Serbia, Iraq, or other nations. Based on observations of the policies of my own government, I viewed this action as an acceptable option. From this perspective what occurred in Oklahoma City was no different than what Americans rain on the heads of others all the time, and, subsequently, my mindset was and is one of clinical detachment. (The bombing of the Murrah Building was not personal no more than when Air Force, Army, Navy or Marine personnel bomb or launch cruise missiles against (foreign) government installations and their personnel.)

>Were the 90's not the greatest time to be alive?
No.

Lay off the Member Berries.

>two idiotic presidents

bush the elder and Clinton both were good presidents.