/rsg/ - Runescape General

DXP weekend edition

Previous thread: Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. Requirements: 1500 total, Membership, at least one week active play)

>I've been inactive, what did I miss over the past x years
runescape.wikia.comwiki/Update:Game_updates
>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?15,16,803,65903630
>BTS
services.runescape.com/m=news/the-month-ahead--may-2017?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news
>Menaphos update [June 5th]
runescape.com/info/menaphos
>Menaphos stream #2:
youtube.com/watch?v=En1tm8U6_TQ

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/6buwhv/dxpgrindbelike/
runeclan.com/user/Globalism
support.runescape.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115001643329-Customer-Support-Stats-January-2017
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for pooping in the toilet is exp waste

Drawfriend pls more lewds

>only lasting 19 hours

Someone remake this OP, please.
reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/6buwhv/dxpgrindbelike/

You'll just piss off the jannys and get both threads nuked.

would like more art from both drawfriends.

philosophers

autism boots shouldn't be bonus
the 120 capes should

>complaining about op being from reddit when the only way to know that the op picture was reddit was to go on reddit yourself
How's it going, reddit

why does Hefin course lie about how much xp I get?

Because its run by elves and elves can't be trusted.

never understood why these literal autists hide all their gear

I agree with glacor boots, sunglasses and hide all, especially if the latter is coupled with the plain pre-clothes remake clothes and private examine, but comp capes are used because they're BiS. Do you want to hate people for using t90/t92 weapons as well?
Keep in mind that a reason many people use default to no customisations because most of them look terrible.

T. grandpa that either doesn't use overrides at all so everyone can see his cog-ridden ports gear or makes meme shit mashups with the most obnoxious shit he can find

I know, I've gone 42 hours a few years back.

84-90 fishing how do

requesting erp partner to grind with for the weekend, will pay 100m

catch fish
drop fish
repeat

cast your line on the water
normally places where fishes swim
be attentive to when they bite and pull up the rod in one swift swing

Pigtails and sunglasses were both the biggest mistake and the greatest addition ever made

character rework fucking when

i want a breast and ass slider

but how do i keep from getting wet?

why do characters look so fucking awful compared to the scenery and such of the game? look at all those fucking visible pollys, even on the highest quality
like how in the fuck is this even allowed in 2017

wear your autism boots

redoing the character models means they have to rework every single possible piece of visible gear to work with the new model.
and implying jagex would spend any proper amount of development time on or QA anything to make sure it's good before release

The plebeian playerbase didn't put enough votes into a player model rework when Jagex made a content vote. We can always hope they'll make another one in the future, but unfortunately I wouldn't get my hopes up.

cute shoes, what are they?

Looks like one of the default ones to me

post dxp tabs

never seen default shoes with that white lip thing over it

It was just a guess since they don't look detailed enough to be from a solomon's set

mostly done already but heres whats left

>redoing the character models means they have to rework every single possible piece of visible gear to work with the new model.
and they were going to but the playerbase said no.

i would have loved new models. we get good monster/character npc's etc and we're still looking like low poly mongoloids. i voted for new character models since i like the game looking nice

hi OP
You were called out in the past thread for stealing from leddit
I was just confirming it

I wish my world guardian could look like a modded skyrim or gw2 character :^(

playerbase is fucking retarded and would vote to reset all player stats to 1 if it meant getting a new meme-cosmetic

I'm so happy

@!@!@!@!

delete that pet you don't deserve it

muh dick

y-you wouldn't happen to have an upskirt shot would you?

>60 million base XP without Gemi
grats user

see
You're the faggot that was making slayer rings in the past thread, aren't you?

I am, yes.

I don't think so, no

Too late

What level magic/ranged should I get for kalphite queen? I have
>75 attack
>73 strength
>70 defence
>42 ranged
>57 magic
>44 pray

>globalism

buy the water filters

There are currently more people playing RS3 than osrs.

gee I wonder why
there must be a event going on or something

runeclan.com/user/Globalism
I like your mullet

Reminder to take breaks this weekend, death is the ultimate xp waste.

There almost always is when you take the amount of bots on OSRS into account

And RS3 bots don't count?

Laziness

A character model reword would require redesigning every piece of equipment in the game (for both genders) including Solomon items

Theres a lot less

Wrong
Death is the ultimate release

they do. osrs just has orders of magnitudes more bots

When compared to OSRS RS3 has to little bots they might as well not count at all

muh

They never said they were going to do it.
They floated the idea but internally were really against it because of how much work it was for "too little payoff"
Mod Connor himself said this on the "big questions" stream

Source?

support.runescape.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115001643329-Customer-Support-Stats-January-2017

Play the game?

You don't see shit like this on RS3, even on f2p worlds

75att > best girl sword > spec does mage damage

>first real player is called kirito
disgusting

Literally common knowledge
Only OSRS zealots that jumped ship because they were too dumb to either understand EOC or too dumb to make ingame money to be a '''''''competitive skiller''''''' will deny the fact that OSRS is a fucking bot farm

Because they stay on the lobby, compare the number of rs3 players online with the ones who are actually inside a world.

>bots stay on the lobby

that's a new one

>Because they stay on the lobby,
got any evidence for that?
there's also the argument that a lobby bot is nowhere near as harmful as a gold/resource faming bot but that doesn't really matter if we're just talking about numbers

>bots stay in the lobby

You find that at turoths and ali morrisane on rs3.

And you want us to believe that a meaningful amount of people constantly are in the lobby?

>best girl sword
please explain
I have a saradomin godsword rn

Its not even an argument that a bot sat doing nothing in the lobby is less harmful than one actually botting, its a fact.

>5 or 6 bots per world on rs3 vs full screen on osrs
hmmmmmmmmm

Except that's not the argument here, it's rs3's numbers being inflated by bots.

It's insane to think rs3 is more popular than osrs, look at all the youtubers and twitch streamers in the RS category, you may notice an overwhelming osrs mayority including A Friend who is the most subscribed RS celeb.

no one's saying RS3 has 0 bots, just significantly less than OSRS

Korasi's

idiots that watch "celebs" on youtube and twitch shouldn't be considered as a good measure of what is or not popular

>still trying to force your boots maymay
I bought and keepsaked steadfasts just for you :^)

People are saying RS3 has more players than osrs which is ridiculous.
You can't be serious, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't count.

Game being popular to stream =/= game being more popular to play

>runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Korasi%27s_sword

just look at the player counter
or are you too dumb for that?

>2-5 accounts at two locations per world compared to shit like on multiple skilling locations on all worlds

|Reminder to do any invention discoveries during dxp

OSRS is more fun to watch
RS3 is more fun to play
A huge % of people in my clan exclusively watch OSRS streams and don't play

It's not ridiculous. OSRS has such an insane botting problem (on both f2p and p2p) that I don't take any population counts from them seriously
It's a madhouse of goldfarming over there

>Quest weapon
Damn. I don't have most of the skill requirements to do the quest, either.

You should do it so you can make sure the most qt lesbian survives over the ugly one.

osrs gets more stream viewers because even high level bossing is easy to understand as somebody who just started watching. If you show some twitch rando a fight against telos with 5 action bars and constant switching and everything, they aren't going to understand what's going on. Compare that to something like the raids from OSRS where, even if the mechanics are complex, it's easier to look at and get a grip of what's going on.
Also, OSRS has a bunch of meme streamers that make for good reddit karma if you post the clips

>to play
Not only do you not know that, but yes, a game being overwhelming more popular than the other in both twitch streaming and youtube videos does mean it's more popular overall, not that the larger playerbase didn't already prove that.
The player counter says osrs has far more players.
>A huge % of people in my clan exclusively watch OSRS streams and don't play
So OSRS is more popular then.
>OSRS has such an insane botting problem (on both f2p and p2p) that I don't take any population counts from them seriously
Even with all the bots it's still the FAR more popular game, Jagex said bots only constitute 10% of the playerbase, not to mention the aforementioned youtube and twitch facts.

Thanks for supporting my point!

>qt lesbian
Jessika?