/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Made the naughty list
>1.14 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/1876157984141980396

>Discord-sponsored event
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScKzpuOdtJXeAb-4EoXlKN0cd9uDXNtzfVZmsIZgUNcFe3r7g/viewform?usp=sf_link

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/T8iy4jdQnOM?t=417
youtube.com/watch?v=PBwAxmrE194
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

daily reminder that if some memelord is telling you to not invest in vitality they're literally retarded and don't understand how Defense and Absorption work

Vitality is usually not worth investing into compared to most stats. Except luck

If you really want to die in 3 hits, go play Bloodborne.

Did you know that if you increase your absorption to over 50% in pvp you take roughly 90% reduced damage?

Don't tell Reddit though.

How is luck going to help that? You know the only RNG it affects is enemy drops, right?

to be honest with you he's right you die in 2-3 for everything anyway, the only exception is making shit damage mobs 6 hit you, but you shouldn't be dying to them anyway

>purposefully delay an R2 to bait and punish a parry
>opponent's reaction is too slow and he parries it anyway
>he has fucking hornet ring equiped
>get oneshot
>he points down

Not gonna lie, that triggered me.

I've always just put enough into equip to get the roll I want with the fashion I want.
Don't get hit.

Same thing horned happened to me but i didn't die

Instead another invader showed up and I kicked both of their asses at the same time in the poison swamp for 5 minutes

Not all of us can be the damn good

>Thinking about how I want to distribute my fai/int stats on my moon character
>Remember the homing sorceries that gwyndolin uses have been change into dark magic
REEEEEEEE\

Should I use the dark versions anyway?

damn

why aren't modders working on elegant outfits like the doll in bloodbourne that would be neat

How does arena macthmaking work? Will it cancel if you dont get hits or will it move you into a new sl bracket?

gwyndolin is a shard of manus

How can I get the murakumo to get enough damage in comparison to the other GCS?

Would I be better off doing 60 dex sharp or base stats w/ 60 faith and LB or DMB?

I want to ___ Orbeck

80 Dex Sharp, that's the way to go with Kumo now.

kill the abyss watchers before giving any scrolls to

I did that and he didn't go anywhere. I got to finish his quest.

its a certain number of bosses i believe

No offense but that looks like utter shit. Either just show the pussy, or make a design that doesn't look like a random strip of poorly textured cloth.

No son, you were just outplayed.

Git gud.

Pontiff is supposed to be a hard boss right?

this is a fun question, I'm not sure never did the champion gravetender that early to not get arena matches

He's absolutely trivial and dies in literally seconds if you're a sorcerer.

depends on the build
typical melee builds shit on him

I think he's supposed to stomp med shield turtling or something. I really don't know, even without parrying he's easy to me
Pyro build raped him too.

Seriously? 80 seems like a random amount.
I will definitely try it out!

What kind of ar could I expect in comparison to 60dex or against the exile CGS for example?

60 dex and 80 dex is like 60ar difference if mmonkey is right

post weaponfu

Since the Sharp infusion buffs Dex scaling is now like Arcane from Bloodborne and has no real stop to its scaling until about 80. As said there's an almost 60 AR difference between 60 and 80 Dex for a Sharp Murakumo putting it at 616 AR at base STR to two hand it and 80 Dex.

Is it safe to do the covenant turn in glitch?

Does anyone have translation for this one?

too bad steel ring is reduced in pvp then

Anyone on ps4 want to do a dried finger co-op run on new characters.

>crystal weapon buff on sharp dagger
>has 500+ AR
>have crystal infused lothric knight sword for when buff runs out
>also 500+ AR
this is pretty brutal and versatile.

Feels like /dsg/ doesn't appreciate just how good slumbering is. It's easily on par with obscuring.

Huh, stacking corpses is actually pretty fun in 2, and they don't get destroyed like in 3.

>Dead again got nerfed to the ground in DaS3

He's meant to be a difficulty spike/casul filter, but in reality no souls boss is really "hard" without crossing the line into artificial difficulty or just plain bullshit

He has weaknesses: parrying, ganking with 2 phantoms, pyros work well, just plain old dps can melt him before he becomes a problem

if you're having trouble dodging, keep calm and do not spam circle the second you get hit, he delays his strikes in his combos to fuck up panic dodgers. Same goes to dancer when you get to her

wait wat

youtu.be/T8iy4jdQnOM?t=417

>DS1 has a very freeform world design, with relatively linear levels but lots of different orders you can naturally do the levels in (I can count a good 7 or so routes to get to sif from firelink, for example)
>DS2 is 4.5 completely linear progressions of levels that sprawl out from the hub (and you can only access two from the start) and DS3 is a straight line with some side areas

What went wrong?

>inb4 lordvessel when that's only 3 and a half locked off areas

>2017
>Quality infusion on exile greatsword

what indeed

the problem with 2 though is that theres no ragdoll physics so you just have to accept where they fall. Plus like half of the corpses in the game just vanish on death.

It's a pretty good trade-off for invading and invasion-killing in 3: you can set up the perfect ambush, but you only get one shot

>it's not in 3
>neither is the nifty tail axe

its what happens when trying to appeal to a broader audience and creative freedom clash

say it with me now, youtube.com/watch?v=PBwAxmrE194

Yeah, I had position all 3 enemies in that spot just to manage that screenshot, I still prefer 2 tho, even the effect looks better.

Am I the only one who is having trouble getting summoned as a blade of the dark moon, because I haven't been getting summoned at all when playing the game. Heck, I been playing the game through NG to NG+ with it always equipped and yet, I never got summoned, I did get summoned 1 or 2 times but I always arrived when the invader just died or a connection error had occurred. I'm also playing on the Xbox one, so I don't know if their is hardly anyone using way of blue or not.

>I'm also playing on the Xbox one

Might be a bit slow but it was fun.
Tail axe was one of my favourites from 1, such a shame.

Is Steam's online down for anyone else?

Back up now

nope still down

GRABBED BY THE

Firelink -> burg -> parish -> darkroot
Firelink -> burg -> master key -> basin
Firelink -> londo -> drain the water -> drakes -> basin
Firelink -> londo -> master key -> drakes -> basin
Firelink -> burg -> parish -> lower burg -> sewer -> blightown -> drakes -> basin
Firelink -> burg -> lower burg -> sewer -> blightown -> drakes -> basin

Then when you get to darkroot/basin you have the choice of either fighting/getting pas the hydra somehow or forking over the 20k souls for the main door key. so depending on how you define it it's either 5 or 10 potential ways you can go about the game to get to sif without backtracking.

You could also do firelink -> londo -> blightown -> sewers -> lower burg -> burg -> and then either parish or master key to enter darkroot but that's just silly

Sharp infusion is only good at either 40 Dex, or 80 Dex. The returns between 40 and 60 are shit, it's only above 60 where it starts picking up again.

I'm on xbox and everytime I invade it's a non stop stream of blues but when I join the cov I never get summoned so I don't know what's going on

Could only do this last part

One bajillion blues, only a few people in way of blue. Basic mathematics suggests its hard to get summoned as blue

did you guys trade in the coil 4 a slab

I used to on my first playthrough with a character but not now that you can get a gorillion slabs in one cycle

The second and third games were casualized cash grabs. DaS2 less so, since there was at least some creative spark behind what they were attempting.

Although I do like how bonfire warping makes traveling to places for co-op much easier, both games still would have benefited much more greatly from more interconnectivity. Like, have a path in Earthen Peak actually lead into a lower level of Undead Crypt, and then be able to unlock a ladder/elevator from the post-Amana side. Or have all of the forest parts (Huntsman's Copse, Shaded Woods, FoFG, etc.) be interconnected with each other, with ravines and giant rivers splitting them up. Then cut down on the number of bonfires.

I honestly have no real idea how one would make Lothric more interconnected though, shit was just one linear path and bonfires within 200 feet of each other.

In NG+ and beyond, yeah.

How is it even possible to get absorption that high without cheating or iron flesh

There's no real point not to when you consider you can purchase unlimited homeward bones and slabs are limited per playthrough

Are the Ruin Sentinels girls or boys, /dsg/?

There are serious reasons why I need to know this as soon as possible.

Always when going to the next NG cycle. You get more than enough souls to just max out Homeward Bones anyways, it's the least useful version of the item in all the games.

neither you degenerated cur

They are constructs, genderless.

Probably this guy

>Alessia, Ricce, and Yahim

The first sounds female.

They're animated suits of armor, why would they have genders?

Presumably at least one of them is a girl though, or thought of as a girl by its creator.

they are traps

Yes but a construct that was made by humans, lords or any other sexually dimorphic species to resemble a member of said species is most likely going to have either male or female characteristics.

Hacker experiences? I invaded someone at gank city and the dude has a hack that would teleport you to him for an instant backstab. He was farming invaders.

Is this meme or true? From my experience it seems like its true bc people have suddenly started taking what seems like very little damage, but perhaps my builds are just dumb

Yahim sounds male to me.
No, not really. But if you want to consider them females and fap to them, what I say doesn't really matter

YOU LITERALLY JUST WANT SOMEONE TO SAY GIRLS SO YOU CAN WANK TO THEM HAVE SOME RESTRAINTS JESUS CHRIST

No point, I've wanked to them already. At this point I have a purely academic interest.

The secret is: As long as you believe they are girls, then they are girls

Steel protection+3 helps but so does btsr and sacred oath and other buffs help just a little if you are having trouble reaching over 50 absorption. But vit and armor does most of it.

I'm like a god damn tank once I'm over 50 absorption.

I have said it before, I will give him 2 years before he goes on hormones

Bump

He's not even close to cute, what do people see in him?
Damn, I wanna fug Karla

Isn't it too late once you reach a certain age ?

I have no idea actually.
Never really looked into it.

Why are people so infatuated with Karla? She's just a character in a freaking VIDEO GAME

Like the only reason to start cleric would be to use anris luck sword on a regen build, but then why would they make it have high dex requirement? why are they so bad at making starting classes?

It's the best for low vit, high faith and attune build

because she's CUTE user
goddamn

anyone on pc have an extra lingering dragoncrest+2 ring they are willing to part with?
I really don't want to run to ng+2.

You wouldn't happen to be one of those normos that like 3DPD, would you?

Just realised that when Straid talks about pyromancy he says

> The witch led her daughters into war against the Old Ones.

But isn't the Witch of Izalith herself one of the old ones?

Can you think of a better name for my Moon character? Right now i'm planning on using Luna

What are some high absorption sets? or is it something id have to play around with?

just went full havels at 40 vig and 50 vit with rosp+3 and couldnt break 50abs

dragons he means