freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9F5p1_hR2Ws
streamable.com/s81e3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>not using the official agdg monster jam picture

Still waiting for a promising Godot game in development.

Still waiting for a promising UE4 game in development.

Still waiting for you to post you game.
t. Unitydev

ITS TIME TO MAKE PURCHASES.

Still waiting for a promising agdg game in development.

Dont worry, the entire world will know my name soon, so you better buckle the fuck up jimbo, because it's going to be a wild ride.

>a million dungeon crawlers, all with shit combat
>a billion wii sports attempts (bonus points for just a single game/sport)
>a hundred arena shooters, all valuing poly count over being able to see anything past 5m
>"funny" games
>$15 escape the room games. One room.
>wave shooters meme
Why is vr dev so shit. We're JUST NOW getting mech games. Where are the platformers. Why aren't there more asymmetrical experiences. Where are the TCGs. Why isn't vr Mario party, cart, or fibbage in vr a thing. How are all vr devs save a handful this uninspired with such a fun technology

Street Fighter 5
Tekken 7
Unreal Tournament

Risk of Rain 2
Umbrella Warriors
Anubis

>Anubis
Fuck off.

So, I was in heroin coma for a month. Did we have some important industry news?

>Street Fighter 5
>Tekken 7
>Unreal Tournament
He said in development, not released, idiot.

Is there anything strange in your game that players talk about excitedly?

Except the point is that there were already promising UE4 games.

>tfw realizing your collisions don't work with diagonal stuff

either i drop diagonals and make all maps grid-based or i go over my stuff to add diagonals

vote now on your phones!

is libgdx enginedev?

slope detection is easy.

every 2d platformer has it

anything that doesnt provide you with a UI I would consider engine deving, because you basically have to create your own editor. Like unreal has an editor where you add objects/etc in the scene. well, with libgdx, you'd have to create that yourself.

"True" engine deving involves using no gaming libraries or frameworks though, and I dont think anyone on agdg is going that route. most 'engine devs' use existing libs such as SDL/SMFL.

I give up

Congrats, you are finally free.

Is Unity or Godot faster to prototype stuff in 3D with? I don't need insane performance or anything like that. Like for a small-scale 3D game which would be easier to use? I've been looking at the docs for each and Unity seems so bloated compared to Godot.

what you can do is detect the normal of the collision and change your movement vector to run perpendicular to the normal of the collision

I do that in 3D for falling physics and it works like a charm
You may need to adjust velocity though based on how different the new vector is, you wouldn't want to move directly into a wall but have the game "correct" your movement to a movement 45 degrees in another direction at the exact same speed

No shame.
Not everyone can cross that ocean.
On the bright side you can watch anime all day long and be completely unproductive, cheers.

For real. This issue and "moving a player independently from a moving platform" are the 2 biggest 2d/platformer dev "issues" that the solution is so overly documented in any good engine

Unity is very bloated. But does have better 3D capabilities than Godot. Really just depends on which you want to use, both are fine for prototypes.
Godot 3.0 has new 3D features but that's still a couple months away.

Has each new version of Godot been a big jump? If I start using Godot now is 3.0 going to throw most of what I learn out the window?

Sorry user, it's not that easy. No one can truly "give up" gamedev once they've tasted the devils fruit. You will come back eventually, you're stuck with gamedev for the rest of your life.

now doing this in gamemaker is another challenge

Opinions on libgdx?

Newfag here, I've been thinking about making a basic rts with Unity and I've heard I might be able to do it with just JavaScript.

However, would it be better to just learn C# and code with that instead?

youtube.com/watch?v=9F5p1_hR2Ws

A lot of stuff is going to break between 2.x and 3.0. Most of it is just things being renamed. The scripting language, GDScript wont be changing much, just gaining new features. The general structure of the engine will also stay the same, it's still going to be nodes and scenes.
The biggest things that are breaking is the 3D renderer and how 3D assets are imported. Also the audio engine was completely rewritten.

So if you start learning stuff now it wont throw it all out the window, but you'll likely have to redo some 3D related stuff.

Not sure if you're in here, but whichever one of you fags is making Fight Knight is doing a good job of making me want to try it

'cause vr is hard. I've legitimately spent a lot of time on it.

I do like asymmetry though. I have ideas where one player is the murderer and has to kill the rest of the players without them knowing, or one player is The Thing / a Monster.

Or the VR player has an RTS view and orders zombies around or something while the rest of the players have an FPS view. I think there's something there I just can't come up with the right idea.

tfw no vr ideaguy.

Due to the cost, VR headsets are disproportionately owned by hipster indie devs who aren't very good.

im open to licensing the Social Interaction Trainer brand to VR devs.

Is this written in Unity or in Game Maker?

>falling for the Godot meme

>not falling for the Godot meme
It's almost like you hate making games.

GMS

Shit youre right
Ill take care of it once im home i guess

My game.

Can we talk costs? Percentages?

Making game in Unity script is equivalent to ripping off your dick, eating it, and having a pig fuck your dick stump in the mud.

C# in Unity is more like just fucking the pig.

pls don't lewd the unity

Seriusly, what is the problem with unity?

Yes, lewd the Godot.

Your character's face/hair and their shaders horribly clash with the rest of the game world.

This is pretty fucking great but really needs support for curved roads and angled intersections.

Only the most horrifying chink suburbias are so perfectly on a square grid.

Do you have any interest in making it online multiplayer?

gobot rule34 when

There are some problems but it's most likely going to be okay if you want to do it.

There are a few things though. You can use Javascript, but expect a lot of shit you see for Unity to be in C#. It's the main language of it.

Two, to do online play with a RTS you are going to have to write some custom solutions.

I understand it's hard, I'm trying to make a game in vr too. It just surprises me that we're a year out and there's still SO. MUCH. unexplored territory still. Where's the bop it room. Why isn't there a drunk driver sim. Or a dedicated sniping game? Best yet, none of these invoke probably the biggest issue with vr (besides the in initial price) which is locomotion.

>godotpepe
what the fuck

Not really, i just want a linear single player game. At most, I plan to have an endless/arcade mode that works similar to the original demos.

>Why isn't there a drunk driver sim.
Real life vomiting isn't very fun

Nothing, you don't fuck pigs?
Godot and GDscript is akin to moving to the Philippines and going raw at a bunch of ladyboys. It's weird and it's unusual to act on your obscure preferences like that. But from far, squinting it looks like you're fucking a cute girl.

If you actually understand programming logic then the effort to pick up a new language is basically zero.

Like pointed out Unity isn't very suited for doing RTS out of the box. Or rather it doesn't provide you with the basic functionality you need for RTS logic so you'll have to implement that yourself.

But really that's true for all games. Unity gives you a base and some genres require more underlying systems to get going than others. RTS being one of those genres that require more.

One day when I get better at 3D modeling I'm going to make a Godot-chan.

She's going to be open source.

Is there a godotfag that can quickly explain me what am I doing wrong? It's been two hours and I'm too much of a brainlet to figure it out by myself

for pos in positions:
var enemy = enemyPrefab.duplicate()
enemy.set_name("Enemy%d"%pos)

get_parent().add_child(enemy)

print(get_parent()) #this prints the name of the parent node
print(enemy.get_parent()) #this prints null, should be the same node. why is that?

>She's going to be open source.
What a slut

What did you set enemyPrefab as?

enemyPrefab = get_node("../Enemy")
this was way up in the code

var enemyScene = preload("res://enemy.tscn")
var enemy = enemyScene.instance()
get_parent().add_child(enemy)

It might not be exactly what you want but it should work.

thanks, I'll try it out

>try to make head models for that Veeky Forums cup thingy for our team
>get frustrated because it doesn't end up the way I want it
>close everything and go drink a beer

Now I remember why I have no game.

Did you check the console for errors? If the parent node is busy it might not be able to add a child yet.
But also as the other user said, it's better to instance a scene than to duplicate an already existing node. This gives you more control.

Using only what the OS provides is simply not viable. You may want to have your own renderer, but then you still want to use a library for window and input handling, a library for raster graphics to load textures, a library for rendering text, a library for sound and so on, plus a function loader if you're doing opengl. Sdl and sfml are nice because they provide a whole range of apis that work nicely together. But any more or less complex feature like sprite batching you'd be implementing yourself.

>Having an OS.
>Not coding your game with hand-solderes transistors.
Brainlets everyone.

Making an editor for your game isn't fucking making a game engine. Holy shit you people sometimes.

5% if i dont have to do nothing.

nope. got the same result as before

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Are you okay, friend?

Have a look at the debugger/remote inspector and see if enemies are actually being added to the parent, the following code works fine for me.

var bullet = preload("res://Scenes/Bullet.tscn")

func _ready():
set_process_input(true)

func _input(event):
if event.is_action_pressed("ui_accept"):
var b = bullet.instance()
get_parent().add_child(b)
b.set_pos(get_pos())
print(b.get_parent())

>>>taringa

>tfw your game will never be hueg enough for a loading screen

same.

life isn't worth the hassle. just a bunch of pointless nonsense and then you die.

Isn't that a good thing?

>Tfw wagecuck.

I'm conflicted. There are many people that have nominal success in mobile gaming and the content is OC. But the entire industry says to succeed, you need to use a license of a well known IPnfor your game concept rather than your own OC

What's the right decision?
In b4
>mobile
Please advice

>tfw add a loading screen
>tfw add tips to loading screen
>tfw loading screen only appears for 1/100th of a second

Thanks for the feedback. I'll start looking into C# and do some more research on Unity in general to see if it's suited to my game type or not.

>add fake loading screen which only lasts 2 seconds just to make game feel like its fast and optimized

>not loading the next area in advance to avoid loading screens altogether

Async loading is only good to load an empty room that will handle the sync load to the next area, async loading between areas directly is a huge damage to performance once the async loading trigger kicks in

what if you have 1 map which branches out to 10 different locations

how do you know which one the player is going inside to determine if it should be preloaded

do you just spread them apart really far, then check if the player is near the entrance of one, and preload it? but if the player decides to turn around, then you just preloaded the area for nothing.

or perhaps you can do load streaming, which loads the next area in chunks based on the players distance. the closer to the area the player is, the more it loads.

this way you dont waste resources loading an entire area in 1 loop

im genius

just load it slowly

I like loading screens though

You've been making a lot of retarded posts lately.

idea: pong with pixel art waifus.

Some loading screens are creative like Rayman

You don't know my post history, go away

Go mobile, but make a good game.

I give you a cookie if you find a good mobile game that has less than 10k downloads.

rate my inexplicable minigames bros.
>streamable.com/s81e3

A-ha!
ERROR: Parent node is busy setting up children, add_node() failed. Consider using call_deferred("add_child", child) instead.
I did that and now it's working. Thank you user!

post me the most dankest progressbar textures you know. i currently have some stolen ones from a youtube tutorial guy (just simple shades in edges). i'm little bit insecure about these but does it matter?

what a cruel man

Are any of these sprites temporary?
That table looks terrible.

I'll give you a cookie if you find a
>good mobile game

Honestly all you have to do is add a fancy screen transition, just something simple like swipe to black and then swipe to the new scene. It will take an extra second or two to transition and no one will notice any loading time.