HAVE YOU DRIVEN A CVT????

I've now driven a few. Uncles Dodge Caliber. 2014 Sentra. And now a base Impreza. It's not a fucking meme, it's smooth as fuck, and is perfect for a daily driver. Driving a manual doesn't make you some hard ass, it's just a burden. You guys are a meme.

Reply with "Yes I've driven a CVT"

or

"No, I have not driven a CVT"

I've driven a cvt and I hate how they drone. Manual is fun to me, I'm not driving it because of what other people think.

Angry CVT cuck detected. My daily is a manual and is nicer than all those pieces of shit.

I like the concept. In reality they sap power and are short lived. They also somehow make the car less fun to drive, probably because they're mated to gutless cuckmotors.

Yes, I have fuck your mother.

Lol I remember coming to your house and your mom sent you out to get groceries while I creampied her and let the semen drip onto your toothbrush

Yes I've driven a CVT and it was fucking awful

2012 Subaru Legacy. Sure it was smooth because it was doing fucking nothing. It was gutless and strangely loud, almost like something was wrong.

Yes I have. No, I do not like being tailgated when I floor it on on-ramps. Like it or not, the road is still something of a race. Not a race to get the best time, but a race for everyone to get the same average time day to day. Fuel efficiency is a bonus.

And manual is not a burden unless you're really bad at it.

Driven a CVT CRV, you can put the pedal all the way to the ground and the thing just does nothing. Very unengaging vehicle. Can't speak for higher output cars but then again, CVTs can't really handle anything above 200 HP.

Driving a manual isn't about being a hardass, dumbass.

I've driven my parents Lancer Aspire heaps. It has CVT and makes for really smooth daily driving. I do like to play with the paddle shifters and pretend I'm having fun.

Yes I drove a CVT impreza while getting my MT serviced. Fuckin' ew m8, would not recommend

My company a4 has a cvt, it's perfect to launch it off a red light to city speed without making much noise since it stays at 2k rpm.
It's also perfectly suitable with the cars image of being bland to drive and their owners don't know shit about cars or how to drive properly. My own car is a manual.

Right now I DD an Altima 3.5 with a CVT.
It's smooth and the VQ35 isn't a cuck engine so that thing can move.

I'm planning to trade it in for a new model Civic with a 6-speed next tax season. Better mileage and more fun.

my daily is a subaru crosstrek with a CVT. the car is slow as fuck, with something like a 10 second 0-60. Ive never been tailgated while on an on-ramp. How autistic do you have to be to be incapable of pressing a pedal?

I have never driven an auto of any sorts, or know anyone with one.
Got my license for 6 years, owned 3 cars, driven maybe around 50. From 5 series to uno's.

It's smooth but dreadfully boring. On the highway, the corolla I had as a loaner would also shift from like 2500-4000 at the slightest incline, which was annoying.

If I had a penny for every time a self righteous european or other third worlder posted this I would be the richest man in the world.

I've driven several CVT vehicles, even scooters and motorcycles.

In cars, they always feel slow and unresponsive. Also drony. A friend of mine has a hybrid Yaris for example. It's at peak power the second you take off, but it drones for an awful long time before it gets up to speed. In scooters, it's perfectly fine, especially city bikes. In motorcycles (or big scooters) it's great for taking off, (again, city driving), but the lack of constant throttle response is annoying.

I'd much rather have a shitty four speed autobox than a CVT in most cases. Modern TC automatics, and even manuals, are obviously superior.

I drove the Ford fusion hybrid. eCVT with electric steering and the "innovative" rotary gear thing.. I hated it. Didn't even feel like driving an actual car, it felt like a dry shallow chore

I went from a s2000 to a Civic turbo CVT and it has def grown on me. Yeah I miss the 6 speed sometimes, but the CVT is comfy af. Downside is I can only tune it to around 230hp because the CVT can't handle too much torque.

>Honda finally gives you a factory turbo
>upgraydd from torqueless motorcycle engine meme car
>CVT enters the room because of increasingly oppressive EPA and Cali regulations.
>never get to fully unleash the power from the understressed and efficient turbo Honda I4 because the rubber bands will snap
>FML

Congrats. You are just prepping the bull for fully electric cars.

I've had rentals with CVT's. They make sense with a 4 cyl because you get into the engine's powerband pretty quick compared to an auto that might not downshift. But they definitely don't feel right, and are kind of pointless on anything with a V6, as they already have adequate power through most of the engine range. They also have a reputation of being not being robust. If the price of replacement CVT is considerably lower than a traditional hydrolic valve body automatic with tq converter, then I don't see the need for them to last as long as a traditional auto. (I.e. $500-800 replacement vs $1500-$300 replacement) and they can start to be treated as a long-term consumable like a timing belt or other high mileage service option, then they will be fine. But they will burn people who keep their cars for longer periods. But cars are built to be disposable now, so guess it's better that we virtue signal about environmental impact of regular operating costs, rather than the lifetime impact of building cars that go to the crusher every 4 years instead of lasting for 12-20 years.

>Dodge Caliber
>old ass Sentra
>shitbox Subaru from a decade ago

Guiz I'm totally sold on the constantly variable cuckbox! I totally have the breadth of experience to say that a CVT is perfect for 3400lb civics of 2017!

Yes, ive driven a CVT. piece of shit.

Noodling my way around a Nissan June's atm.

Mechanically speaking, I don't think they deserve as much shit as some user's give them. Many of them support switching between fixed-ish gear ratios so the "not a manual" is disingenuous at best, downright ignorance at worst.

I will say that it feels like you're fighting the computer at times though, since your only way to "speak" is through the ECU'S currently programmed optimization routine. This can be remedied by forcing a gear ratio if it supports the previously mentioned manual-like operating modes. Otherwise, as long as you aren't driving like a total moron, I find them to be a pretty fun and tunable piece of equipment.

Exactly what I would expect out of something banned from Formula 1 out of fear.

It's not about how they drive. Commuter boxes are what they are. It's about the shitty reliability of them. They just don't last as long.

Yes. Driving a 2017 Altima right now. It took bit to get used to it but now that I understand it it's pretty fun.

yes i've driven a CVT, it was my mom's newish (bought last year) honda crv
it seemed fine the couple times i've driven it

My mom used to have a 1.8T Audi A4 CVT that I drove numerous times. It is smooth, but I still prefer driving a manual any day, even though I have a lot of traffic. It's really not much of a burden unless you have a wretched clutch.

I drive a CVT. I don't mind it. Then again I'm not looking for a car that's meant to have lots of hard fun in.

A CVT is not meant for performance, it's meant for cars that you want to get efficiency and use to commute/travel. To all you faggots saying it's non-responsive, stop being a lead foot.

Yes, I have a CVT I DD in the summer.
As long as you don't hoon CVT's and overheat them, They are great transmissions.

Especially if you drive normally, They will last forever.